Train Sim World 2 - Nahverkehr Dresden - Meet The Locos

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

For what i have seen in the stream only 1 is new.

EDIT: BR363 Already exists in Ruhr-Sieg Nord so all trains are reused.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Which everyone does, by definition; SKA is bundled with the game itself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

From the stream I noticed that some RE can be run with the Traffic Red BR 182 (standalone DLC). This still has sounds broken by the 4.23 update from last year. The MRCE version has much better sounds, can we expect that the Traffic Red version gets some loving for use in BRD?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

For the time being, yes.

Cheers

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Can you use DB BR146.2 Riesa-Dresden on these West Germany Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg HRR RRO RSN & Hamburg-Lübeck? If so destination board will end up saying RE55/RB54 Würzburg or Bamberg Towards Gemünden but RE55/RB54 Frankfurt/M Hbf towards Aschaffenburg on the Main Spessart Bahn from Gemünden. On RRO destination panel is RE7 Münster towards Hagen RE7 Krefeld towards Wuppertal Steinbeck if Riesa-Dresden DB BR146.2 can substitute on West Germany Routes.

6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Tripped me up as well. Obviously, it should say Deutsche Reichsbahn. I know there‘s quite the number of national railways in Germany due to historic reasons, but it‘s not that difficult.

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

For the BR101 you also need to own the HRR

8. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

My impressions from the stream: I will skip most the positive feedback, everyone knows that night looks better already anyway. I liked most of what I saw, but here are some of my thoughts:

Modelling:
    I've seen lots of nicely modelled buildings along the route, which really makes it feel more authentic. I'm only disappointed with what you've done to the Eschebach factory, which you've just replaced with some poor looking residental buildings, even though it's right next to the tracks. Well honestly, I wasn't even expecting it to be modelled, since it's quite large.
    But I've also noticed some nice looking bridges on the stream so we finally have some progress here. There's steel bridges where DTG usually only puts a generic bridge with ballast and it looks so much better. Thank you Lukas for that.

Freight: DTG has once again shown that they barely give any thought to the freight experience on Germany routes
    - Only 28 freight services? This is one of the main corridors between Germany and Czechia and all we get is 28 freight services. True, most freight services go over the Friedrichstadt line (which is the missing line in the middle) but that's still too little. I imagine all of those services are just copy/pasted with no variation or no connection to the 363's services too. Giving us a few more for more traffic is the least you could do, and it wouldn't be difficult to copy/paste them anyway.
    - Are there any AI freight trains? You've claimed that you are trying to put all possible AI services you can on Rush hour routes. Well, as many freight trains go towards Friedrichstadt in Dresden and reappear at Coswig junction, you have a perfect opportunity to include those as AI trains. It would have been great for immersion too. But I have a very strong suspicion those aren't there and that you've only focused on passenger trains again.
    - There is no susbstitution on freight. As if the freight loco variety on German routes wasn't hopeless enough, you've now made it even worse by removing the 155 and 182 from substituting. A large step back if you ask me.
    This is a real disappointment to me, as freight is once again treated just as some moving scenery and not a vital part of the railway.

The 363: I'm happy it's there and we get to use it a bit more, but some thoughts:
    - They haven't talked about this much, but I hope its service mode isn't just for the Nünchritz chemical plant. What about the Riesa steelworks and Dresden depot? You have the both areas modelled and the appropriate freight wagons and coaches, why not make some services there too?
    - If its service mode is really that simple, then imo the 363 could have been a layer from the original 363 dlc. That would at least be realistic with it's red livery, unlike this blue one. You'd spare yourself the work on the new model and spare us from wasting more space on useless duplicate locos. I have so many duplicate German rolling stock installed that it's actually taking up a lot of space.
    - Also, just completely reusing a specific loco dlc like that, not even a year after its release, does make me feel a bit uneasy.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  9. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Agree with this. The 363 seems to be in his own area with little interaction with the rest, unlike in RSN where there are amazing timetables with this loco interacting with the main line.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Even with trains going from Czechia through Hbf direct north the number should easily hit 100+ trains as especially at night there's a ton of freight action. Just recently a rockslide blocked one track on the borders and the route is completely overfilled with freight trains reactivating some ancient border crossings.

• Like Like x 3
  11. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Rapid Transit had 3 car Talent 2's I think

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. marceldiehr02

marceldiehr02 Active Member

I will see in the Stream Tomorrow, the Loco from the Dresden Riesa on Livery Designer.

13. driverwoods#1787

DB BR182 is from Rapid transit for that to arrive in Riesa-Dresden Rapid Transit must be owned and purchase DB BR182.

14. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

This post does not belong to the topic Riesa Dresden, but do you know when the PS update comes out, so that the not working Dlcs work again?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Im Moment wissen wir darüber nichts. Warten Sie, bis DTG eine Ankündigung veröffentlicht.

Cheers

16. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

Can you show off the 363 please

17. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I know, I think you missed my point: it would be nice that the existing Verkehrsrot 182 DLC be updated for sounds as we will be able to layer it into the brand-new-sparkly-super-duper-BRD. Compared to the HHL MRCE ES 64 variant, it sounds pretty awful.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

It doesn't make sense that there's many different versions of the same rolling stock in TSW2 with different sounds and physics. There should be only one version of the same loco with same sounds and physics. Example. DB BR 182 and MRCE BR 182 have different sounds, although they are exactly same locos, and should have same sounds. (DB version should have MRCE sounds, because they're better.) DB BR 442 aka Talent 2 is also a good example. There are 3 versions of it made for TSW2, RT, SKA and BRD. RT talent 2 has so bad sounds, so I would like to get a new 442 for RT, S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland livery of BRD 442 (if the interior is not radically different). And then, DB BR 146.2 This loco has been a big "black cloud", because TSW2 update broke it's sounds. BRD contains a new, fixed version of this loco, but on other routes we have still use the old broken 146.2. If MSB 146.2 will not get those updates, it would still exist, if you don't own BRD, but if you have BRD, it would replace the MSB 146.2 Then the BRD 146.2 should just contain all FIS destinations, that it needs when driving on SKA, HMA, MSB, HRR and RRO. And same for DB BR 143.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  19. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Adam has already said several times that if he could he would exchange the sounds of the RT Talent2 with those of SKA. Unfortunately, this is not possible because of the way the RT Talent2 was programmed at the time.

20. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I totally agree btw. Apparently we might be able to drive the BRD 146.2 in other timetables. One of the third party devs has said that it was pickable on loco selection screen so when selecting 146.2 (then pressing Q) it was at least available in the RSN MSB timetable.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  21. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Think you mean RRO? due to only 143 and 112 Passengers trains are in RSN

22. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Just checked, he said MSB actually, sorry

• Like Like x 1
  23. driverwoods#1787

You mean like RE9 Ulm towards Augsburg on Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg but towards München Hbf Re9 München Hbf from Augsburg Hbf. Main Spessart Bahn RE55/RB54 Frankfurt M Hbf towards Aschaffenburg from Gemünden but return trip is RE55/RB54 Würzburg or Bamberg to Gemünden. RE4 Aachen Hbf RRO to Wuppertal RE4 Dortmund towards Hagen. RE16 Essen towards Hagen RE16 Siegen towards Finnentrop Ruhr-Sieg Nord. Provided Riesa-Dresden DB BR146.2 can run on Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg RRO & RSN. Because for every single German route you have selected locomotives run on other route in Addition to their home route like Hamburg-Lübeck DB BR112 running on Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg Main Spessart Bahn. Tricky question is something like this should the game run Riesa-Dresden MRCE BR185.5 or Rhein-Ruhr Osten version on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen HRR Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg. otherwise you're going to have a situation with Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr DB BR422 running on Rhein-Ruhr Osten.

24. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I noticed on the stream last night with the Br143, they now have the Ebula screen in the cab. Previously there was just a blank white screen.

Is this a new in game version of the Br143? Will the old model be updated?

• Like Like x 1
  25. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Most likely
    From DTG's previous history, unlikely

• Like Like x 1
  26. Freddele

Freddele Member

Hello.
    On the other hand a remark, I am still disappointed with the DB BR 363.
    By looking at the preview of the line, there will only be 12 shunting services, can you give us more scenarios and especially longer and with more shunting (coupling / uncoupling / sorting of the wagons ...)
    It would be super cool to play
    Freddy

27. drnicktgm#1259

But you can still use this loco on other routes, so that's a plus point for me, but I understand what you mean, more services would also be more fun on the route

28. Jinoss17

The timetables in RSN for the 363 are wonderful: shunting and interacting with the main line. This is how it should have been done.

• Like Like x 4
  29. leexiheng#5142

leexiheng#5142 New Member

Well, I hope they can include the DBAG Class 411, ICE T. May be not in this route but maybe in future route. ICE T is a tilting Intercity Express trainset, it would be nice to have this trainset.

• Like Like x 3
  30. drnicktgm#1259

How about we get the ICE T with the route Berlin Leipzig, the train can show there it's power and otherwise it could also be layered on many other routes, most interesting would be Main Spessart Bahn, because it has a lot of curves

31. solicitr

I suspect it's coming. DTG have all but admitted that the Acela will be the DLC for Boston, and that means they have or will have figured out how to model tilting trains.

• Like Like x 2
  32. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Sorry to break it to you but back-layering on older routes seems very much unlikely. They just overhauled that whole timetable just to make freight trains working again.
    It seems more plausible to create a new, seperate timetable for tha toccasion, but then again, that would still be a heck of a workload to get a dlc retrofitted to an old route...

And while I personally am quite intreagued to see other ICE trains in the game, I just don't think the routes we have now would do them any justice. It is every time that I get to stop my ICE at Augsburg that I say to myself "wow I would really really like to just keep going another 30 minutes, even an hour."
    I am unsure if I would buy an ICE T knowing I can only use it in a timetable on Dresden with max speed of 160 kmh and a travel time of roughly 30 min...

• Like Like x 7
  33. solicitr

I think it more likely that in the fullness of time another Schnellfahrstrecke route will be released with the ICE-T, which would then be available for the timetable slots in Riesa-Dresen where the BR 406 is currently a placeholder.

• Like Like x 5
  34. UnlimitedMagic

Just saw that they will make an extension to Riesa Dresden
    Looks like DTG can make extensions

35. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's an extension in the sense that adding a whole new branch to an old route would be. They clearly had the line in plan originally so would have just held the services for it when it was cut, but can use them again now it's been reinstated.

• Like Like x 1
  36. ARuscoe

Nope. They're completing the route they already started and from what they said last night they always intended to do the branch but didn't tell us (probably due to people shouting about it being late etc)
    They're also not needing to change the timetable because the trains which go out to the end of the branch are already in there, but currently terminate early

The issue with extensions is the timetable rehash, awards and integrations between the two base routes and the amalgam route that would be created by the extension

• Like Like x 1
  37. UnlimitedMagic

Yes but if they aren't gonna release it on launch I'd classify it as an extension

38. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Extension typically means a payed addition to and existing route, or - sometimes - it can be used for mergers.

This is neither. It's free, and is just adding to Dresden.

Whilst it extends the route, it isn't an extension in the usual sense. So don't get too much hopes up for something like Heathrow on GWE or Sheerness on SEHS, basically.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. UnlimitedMagic

I see

40. ARuscoe

You can classify as whatever you wish. Doesn't make it true

• Like Like x 1
  41. Jinoss17

You can't release an extension few weeks after the release of the main route. The branch was always ready or almost ready.

It's a shame that the Flughafen branch has been definitely ruled out, otherwise this route has the potential to become one of the best german route, or on the of the best routes fot TSW overall.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  42. UnlimitedMagic

No I already understood. No need for arguments

43. solicitr

For all that it's nice that they've overhauled the old MSB 146.2, they carried over a bit of corner-cutting from the original: instead of doing the technical markings afresh, they did some copy-pasting from the 185.2, so that both old and new 146s declare that they're owned by and stabled at "DB Schenker Rail AG Mannheim" rather than "DB Regio Bayern Nürnberg" and "DB Regio Südost (Magdeburg?)" respectively

44. driverwoods#1787

Good point and for Main Spessart Bahn it should be either DB Regio Mitte Frankfurt Am Main or DB Regio Bayern Nürnberg. Correct one for Riesa-Dresden is DB Regio Südost Magdeburg or Dresden. For that DTG needs to see the actual DB BR146.2 depot markings on Riesa-Dresden.

45. solicitr

They copied over the brake weights from the 185 as well; now I need to find the real numbers for a 146.2.