Awesome Tsw Service Mode Runs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JustWentSouth, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Also on Cathcart, service 2N31 Neilston - Glasgow is quite an interesting run.

• Like Like x 2
  2. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Interesting...

I tried this run and all was normal until Cathcart (running on time, no signal checks), and then I found that, although I still didn't receive any signal checks for the rest of the journey, I arrived very early at every station from Cathcart onwards, and always had to sit awaiting time for 1.5 to 2 mins.

I suspect the schedule is written on the assumption that 2N31 gets put behind another train at Cathcart, so suffers signal checks - but in this case, the Signaller put 2N31 in front, so the signal checks never materialised.

I'll try it again and allow myself to get slightly late before Cathcart, and see if that causes another train to be put in front.

I'd be interested to hear what others experienced?

3. Clumsy Pacer

Interesting. It says it takes 40 minutes in the menu (10 minutes more than normal), which is why I did it. I was sat at a red outside of Cathcart for about 3 or 4 minutes as 2 AI trains passed. I had arrived at the station previously about 30 seconds late, and had yellows and reds until Pollockshields. TSW2_Cameron_1631099033_00.png
    (ignore the creepy lady in the window)

• Like Like x 5
  4. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

She's planning what she's going to do to the Driver for making her late. Be afraid, Cam...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Clumsy Pacer

Just mentioned this in stream, but I'll put it here - on Dresden, RE50 in the Cab Car leaving Reisa at about 7.44. Was a really nice run in the snow watching it get lighter, and also some nice PZB action towards the end.
    TSW2_Cameron_1631225060_00.png TSW2_Cameron_1631226870_00.png

• Like Like x 2
  6. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Spending some time on the Clinchfield now that the cameras are free from the tunnels and TrackIR is available.

I found Extra 3016 Southbound Coal at 22:13 with the SD40. A nice run with traffic and a rare meet location. Particularly nice with the sound mods by griggs found here:

https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/...10-clinchfield-railroad-sd40-engine-audio-mod

and the Clinchfield Reimagined mod by TheShotte found here:

https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/mods/c3-train-sim-world-2/c19-patches/i931-clinchfield-reimagined

I also recommend this mod by ngc:

https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/...903-clinchfield-railroad-enhancement-pack-v12

CRRSD40.jpg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Have another Main Spessart Bahn fun run the 05:40 Gemünden to Aschaffenburg Trip. The first variation is to make yourself late in order to have DB88101 catch up to you at Wiesthal which left Gemünden 10 minutes after you 05:50. Play this normally you're going to encounter heavy train traffic at Heigenbrücken Station the Banker locomotive and DB88101 which is the 05:50 freight train out of Gemünden since it's scheduled to go past you at Heigenbrücken. If you are very late due to the heavy train traffic you're going to run across some 2000hz PZB Indusi at Laufach Spessart Ramp and Also the Aschaffenburg Hbf approach. Picture of 2000hz PZB Emergency stop come later

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. JustWentSouth

This is a nice run. It's the 766.2 Cab Car running the 05:38 service Gemunden - Aschaffenburg Hbf All Stops.
    I started a little late and found some traffic at the top of the hill.

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

That's Correct and for the locomotive you can use Riesa-Dresden DB BR146.2 Original Main Spessart Bahn DB BR143 RSN or Riesa-Dresden DB BR112 Hamburg-Lübeck on this 05:38 Gemünden to Aschaffenburg with Doppelstockwagen Cab car 766.2. If you're very late and you rush the signals you get a PZB Zwangsbremsung 2000hz.
    Here's my picture

• Like Like x 1
  10. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

That sounds like you oversped on a GPA magnet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

On Riesa-Dresden, with DB BR101, service : IC Dresden-Köln of 05:29.
    You will have to play PZB, count 40 minutes of travel and difficult to respect the schedules scrupulously... Good luck ;)

• Like Like x 5
  12. driverwoods#1787

Did you encounter 2000hz Beeinflussung message provided you need to rush and catch up the timetable in game. On Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden it happened to me when I had to run Heigenbrücken to Aschaffenburg using 05:38 service from Gemünden due to High train traffic causing me to be late.

13. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I‘ve got one for the German freight lovers.

Route: DRA
    Service: Freight Dresen - Röderau at 14:19
    Loco: MRCE Br 185.5

As a disclaimer, don‘t expect to be blown away by the service, but keeping to vmax 100 km/h in PZB mode M, you do encounter some nice adverse signals and busy tracks in the Dresden area.

I was stopped two times, once in Dresen Neustadt and once around the Nünchritz chemical works. The first stop lasted maybe 1/2 minute and the second one maybe 5 minutes at most. There were some more adverse signals along the way but no stops. Still an interesting run with parallel running up to Dresden Neustadt.

• Like Like x 5
  14. JustWentSouth

I love starting out on a route with services recommended here. These 3 great runs provided an excellent introduction to Riesa-Dresden. I am going to enjoy this route for a while!

With that, and with gratitude to LeadCatcher and Callum B, we have updated spreadsheets:

Recommended Service Runs as of 9/18/21:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing

Chaos Runs as of 9/18/21:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMKrwNA2OmZz8tVEQo1_FZnRZXpNT463/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. JustWentSouth

Riesa - Dresden ICE Chaos:
    Launch in the Talent 2 RE50 Leipzig - Dresden service at 18:45. For best lighting, go easy on the cloud cover. Set up your train, load it, and drive forward just beyond the signal at the end of the platform and wait. The 18:59 ICE service Frankfurt Flughafen - Dresden will pull into the platform, load up and pull up to the signal at around 19:00.
    BRD ICE Chaos.jpg
    Get in, take over, and enjoy the beautiful moonlit ride.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This was a good one- thanks for the suggestion!

• Like Like x 2
  17. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I was running 15 minutes late by the time I got near to Dresden.
    Unfortunately it crashed before I reached the end but the whole run was very interesting. You can’t go too fast because of the snow and the clunky controls from the Br143 and the signaller seems to give up on you and sends quite a few trains out in the way of yours.

18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The 04:45 RE50 Leipzig-Dresden with the cab car is fantastic as well. Quite a few stops and slowdowns as you approach the busy Dresden area, and if you run with the Default weather at September you will start at night and arrive with a nice early sunset. Really enjoyed it

• Like Like x 1
  19. JustWentSouth

Dresden Mini Chaos - takes about 15 minutes!
    Start in the 0652 freight service with the 185 from Dresden to Roderau. Drive to Dresden Mitte platform 5. Get out and walk over to platform 3.
    Dresden Mini Chaos.jpg
    Shortly after 7, the 101 Dresden to Berlin service will stop. Take it over.

Or, you can just drive the IC Dresden to Berlin service at 6:55 :). Who says 7 minute services can't be fun?

Either way, return to free roam at the end to get booted out of the 101 driver seat by AI. After that, enjoy the cab ride into the unmodeled oblivion ("The Final Frontier. Where no man ...") on your way to Berlin.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JustWentSouth

Talent 2 DRA.jpg DRA Coswig-GroBenhain at 19:30 with the Talent 2 is a beautiful drive, especially on a moonlit winter's night with plenty of snow on the ground. Some nice traffic and PZB action at the start - know your 1000hz and 500hz restricted speed limits.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  21. JustWentSouth

I am working my way through the Dresden scenarios and wanted to give a strong recommendation for the Pieschen Predicament.

Run it with PZB. It is a challenging run with an interesting diverted route, everything a good scenario should be.

• Like Like x 1
  22. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Attention simmers! Thread high-jack on aisle one!

23. JustWentSouth

I was holding on to this one until the Boston Sprinter update came out. I did not see that the ATC curves were addressed in the update notes, but they seem to be a little less aggressive now. This run will let you test that theory out:

Boston Sprinter Amtrak NE Regional #190 Providence - Boston

• Like Like x 2
  24. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Have played a couple services on London Commuter so far. My most favourite are these which you can play in one go:

5R06 05:15 Redhill-Reigate
    Once arrive at Reigate, wait just 10mins before start of next service
    1R01 05:29 Reigate-Victoria
    Arrive into platform 18 at Victoria around 06:20, then if I remember correctly, the next service I recommend to drive is next door on Platform 19 which departs about 10mins later.
    1Y04 06:30 Victoria-Caterham and Tattenham Corner
    Now this was fun to drive, you route via the fast line going past loads of traffic until the Selhurst area when you switch to the slow line. You then stop at all stations until Purley as you watch the fast services whizz by. Once at Purley you can watch the train split which I thought was pretty cool. Ironically, the train you drove from Reigate to Victoria earlier stops at Purley just the same time, so you can go on as a passenger and later drive another Reigate-Victoria service if you wish.

• Like Like x 8
  25. JustWentSouth

DRA Eastbound Freightfest Chaos:
    Version 1:
    Launch in the Talent 2 RE50 Service at 15:45 - Leipzig to Dresden.
    Set up the train, close the the doors, and drive until you are 2.9 Km from the first stop at Glaubitz . You want to stop at a signal near km post 69.2:
    DRA EB2 Chaos.jpg

Anytime before 16:00, get out of your seat, leave through the left door and walk around the invisible barrier to get to the signal on the Roderau line that you can see against the tree line above and to the left of the cab in the screenshot above. Don't release your service. Wait at that signal until a freight pulls up at 16:01:
    DRA EB2 Chaos 2.jpg
    Get in the freight and take it over. You then have about 15 minutes of trainspotting to enjoy; use the 8 cam and head over where you parked the Talent 2 for the best view. It is an interesting bit of dispatching to see who waits and who gets priority. Once you are rolling, the 535t consist should allow a top speed of 120.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  26. JustWentSouth

DRA Eastbound Freightfest Chaos:
    Version 2:
    Launch in the Talent 2 RE50 Service at 15:45 Leipzig to Dresden.
    Set up the train, close the the doors, and drive until you are just clear of the signal at the end of the platform. At 16:04, get out of you seat and walk back to the rear of your train where a freight has pulled up:
    DRA EB Chaos 1.jpg
    Keep walking back. Behind that freight is another (westbound AI passing on the right):
    DRA EB Chaos 2.jpg
    Keep walking back until you see a third freight here:
    DRA EB Chaos 3 ride.jpg
    That one is your ride. Once you are in the cab, get in. However, you can't take it over yet. Release the RE50 the next time you are prompted to do so. Eventually, the train you are in will pull forward to the next signal:
    DRA EB Chaos 4 takeover.jpg
    At this point, you can take over the service. Be patient while the traffic clears before you can proceed.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  27. JustWentSouth

• Like Like x 3
  28. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

1R28 on the BML (London to Reigate, 12:07). If you like adverse signals, occasional hold ups, general busyness, changing over to different tracks and a variety of passing traffic (maybe HST, a bit of freight etc..) then try this one - be prepared!
    I don't think I've been worked this hard by TSW yet!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Despite some bugs and quirks - I am loving BML, The AI is spectacular. Nearly every service mode run is awesome.
    Also big respect to whoever did the scenario where there's a failed unit on the line. Really good!

• Like Like x 6
  30. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Agreed! I must admit, I've only ever played 2-3 scenarios since TSW was introduced.....I just enjoy playing the vast amount of services, you never really know what's going to happen (especially with BML with all those services + if you're running a bit late), which is an important thing for me.

• Like Like x 2
  31. driverwoods#1787

If you are looking for another Physics Run on Sand Patch Grade try the 13:58 Rockwood to Cumberland Autorack Q226 Louisville Kentucky to Port of Baltimore Maryland. My run was wintry Conditions 2 SD-40-2s 6000 hp and SD-40-2 and AC4400CW 7400 hp because you're going to encounter Wheelslip from the Start. Your best option for that one is getting 2 AC4400CWs because you have 8800hp that permits you to get a wheelslip only at the start then possibly smooth sailing all the way to Cumberland

32. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I have another suggestions for London Commuter.

The 2B41 Epsom Downs-Victoria 22:08 service. I found it a thoroughly enjoyable without the hud as you encounter a lot of yellow and red signals between Selhurst and Clapham Junction, plus loads of AI traffic passing by. Add some rain and trying to concentrate with the wiper and a wet windscreen is rather interesting when looking for upcoming signals.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

Thanks all, please keep them coming for London Commuter, I’m going through them and they’re really enjoyable drives with all the ‘assists’ off!

• Like Like x 4
  34. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Something a little different that I found today on London to Brighton.

1D28 the 08:28 London Victoria to Gatwick Airport service with a 12 coach class 387.

A few things make this a little different from the norm..... Firstly once you get to Gatwick you wait a short while and then take the train forward as 5D36 ECS to Lover's Walk depot. I'm assuming that because of this change of service part way you need to set the destination manually before departure from London and then you need to change it to "Not in Service" once you arrive at Gatwick.

There's also plenty of yellows and reds to keep you on your toes along the way and you also get a few minutes to either explore or watch the trains go by at Gatwick and Lover's Walk upon arrival.

I've seen there are a few of these style services that go from passenger to ECS and also some services the other way that you take as ECS to Gatwick before then continuing onwards to Victoria as a passenger service but I've not tried these others as yet.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

5y06 on bml is full of reds and yellows and constantly requires stopping. At my 3rd red as I write this

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  36. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I've got to say this is one of the best services I've played in TSW. Definitely kept me on the edge of my seat after East Croydon with lots of restrictive aspects. Had a few close calls with step 3 braking required after chancing a few single yellows!

• Like Like x 6
  37. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Another one for Riesa - Dresden:

Route: DRA
    Service: Freight Riesa - Dresden at 11:02 a.m.
    Loco: MRCE Br 185.5 (preferably, since it supports brake modes)

Train configuration
    Brakes: G/P (loco in G; all cars in P)
    max speed: 110km/h
    PZB mode: M

All I‘ll say is: Be on your toes if driving without HUD :)

You‘ll face some hard PZB action around Niederau and Coswig. Some adverse signals can easily sneak up on you due to the curves before Niederau. The brake modes will do the rest since the train is very slow to respond both for applying and releasing the brakes.

• Like Like x 4
  38. JustWentSouth

That was excellent! Here is another good DRA run:
    Dresden - Riesa Freight at 06:32.
    It is an 1800t train that you should run in PZB U with a max speed of 80 kph.

I ran it with the 101 (love that loco and it's fun to drive with a big load) thanks to this excellent mod by Alexander L. :
    https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...ubstitution-mods-german-rolling-stock-edition
    101 Freight.jpg
    There is the typical red at Dresden Neustadt. Then, depending on how aggressive or smooth you are, you either wait on traffic or have traffic wait on you at multiple spots beyond that. It can be a smooth run or a multiple hard braking stop run thanks to dynamic dispatching.

I know I will really enjoy BML when I start running it, but right now I am having too much fun on DRA.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  39. JustWentSouth

• Like Like x 2
  40. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

BML 1A99 from Brighton to victoria.
    This service involves you following a train near Wivelsfield and having to wait outside Haywards heath tunnel for a few minutes. Then, you will need to couple to the train which you were following and take it the rest of the way to victoria

• Like Like x 9
  41. JustWentSouth

The Meißen Turn on DRA:

The 17:08 run in Cab Car from Dresden to Meißen Triebischtal is a really good run.
    Set things up with no rain or snow to maintain traction. Staying on time is key to enjoying this one; be as aggressive as PZB will let you. There are a couple of places where you can safely clear restrictive monitoring and speed up.

You will encounter congestion - along with other trains - and a red just outside or Radebeul Ost. If you stay on time leaving Coswig, you will also have to wait for traffic to clear before you can head down the Meißen branch.

To make it a turn, either stay in the same train and walk up to the engine once you arrive at Meißen Triebischtal. It opens doors at 18:04 and you can then drive back to Dresden. Or, you can let your train go, explore the excellent scenery for a few minutes and then drive the train that pulls in a 18:13. That one is 18:15 run back to Dresen in a 146. Both of these return runs are enjoyable as well; there is plenty of Meißen branch traffic and traffic out on the main.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  42. JustWentSouth

Another DRA run:
    RE50 Leipzig - Dresden at 16:45 with the 146. I am really enjoying that loco!
    It is a straightforward run until you get beyond Radebeul Ost where you will stop, wait for congestion to clear and have some great trainspotting.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Got the DB BR 363 shunter a few days ago to have some german fun (something I'm usually not really interested in), and I have to say, it's such a fun locomotive with very great gameplay.

SH03 shunter move on Ruhr-Sieg Nord with it is a really nice and interesting run. You have to take apart this mixed freight consist and shunt the log cars into the tracks of the wood processing plant. This requires you to cross the mainline like 5 times, and I got held up twice by the signal protecting the main line for quite a few minutes, as main line traffic was coming up. And it was quite busy traffic. There was freight, the usual Dostos passenger trains, and even one really cute one with just one single Dostos cab car. The whole thing felt really alive.
    [​IMG]

And just towards the end, you even have this cement train pulling up onto the yard you've been moving around in. I was pulling up to the last stopping point just as the Traxx uncoupled from the cement cars and reversed to the siding it parked up afterwards.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So overall a really fun run, the whole thing really felt alike, as you had trains moving alongside you, holding you up, etc. If you don't have the 363 yet, I can definitely recommend it. One of the best fun I had in TSW for quite a while.

• Like Like x 5
  44. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Basically everytimetable with the 363 on RSN is very fun. Wish we had the same with the 363 on DRA.

• Like Like x 3
  45. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I've been playing the freight services on Peninsula Corridor lately. There's plenty with shunting and short runs in and out of yards as well as a few longer ones. They follow on from one another too.

46. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Here's a realy fun Brighton main line service on the 387 GX.

Service code: 1W90
    Start time: 16:57
    Departure: London Victoria via Gatwick airport / haywards heath / Burgess hill / Hassocks
    Terminates: Brighton platform 3
    Preferred season: June clear sky's l9vely sunset

Rules of the run: depart as soon as you get a green don't wait depart time, take off asap passengers are loaded . You will be trailing a Portsmouth train that goes via Preston park. You will be trailing double yellows and single yellows even a red at haywards heath and at signal t421 at Preston park.

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 6
  47. JustWentSouth

A very interesting DRA Freight Run:
    Dresden - Riesa at 10:08. Expect about an hour ... It is a loaded intermodal train. I ran mode M with a max speed of 110kph.

You are actually put in the hole at Priestewitz to let a Riesa bound RE 50 get ahead of you.
    After that, there is plenty of traffic in both directions.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

Northern Trans Pennine
    Class 40
    6E37 Manchester to Leeds loaded oil

make sure you have plenty of time ;)
    Weather pick a low adhesion setting such as snow, or light rain and prepare to use that sander

• Like Like x 3
  49. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

BML service 1F96, London Victoria to Seaford/Ore, selected via journey mode chapter 6, was fun. You're delayed leaving Victoria by several minutes and have to make up lost time in a snowstorm. Lots of traffic to look at too.

• Like Like x 2
  50. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

IC2220 service from Hamburg to Lubeck, A topped and tailed IC service with 101's at both ends. From leaving Hamburg you follow a local stopping service out as far as Bad Oldesloe so with PZB turned on you can expect to be busy with more yellows then greens and a few reds thrown in for good measure as well.

After Bad Oldesloe you can open her up and enjoy a good run into Lubeck.

• Like Like x 2