Dresden - The Definitive Feedback Thread.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Aug 31, 2021.

1. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

Ah, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Supposedly they could release it at the same time as on consoles, but then it things go south, they'd be without support until the California office opens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

TSW2_Cameron_1631198798_00.png TSW2_Cameron_1631198875_00.png
    So had a quick go in the ICE (don't have much time at the minute), looked really nice going through the stations. I did pass 5 trains in the very short section I drove (didn't even get to Coswig before I had to go) - 2 S-bahn (including the one pictured above), 2 freight and a Talent. It certainly has the potential to be a really fun timetable if they're able to make it a bit busier, but that's not to say it isn't nice now.

• Like Like x 7
  4. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

For some reason the brakepipe in the new 185.5 stays at 5 bar despite braking... Anyone else experienced this?
    Edit:nvm guess you're not supposed to fiddle with the el/pn switch

5. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Do my eyes deceive me? There are no London flats or repainted oxford offices in sight!!!?

HUZZAH!!! :):love::cool:

Yes, my eyes were deceiving me! :(:(:(

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Had a quick whirl, back off for more now but look at drivers desk, colours lot better, models look sharper and there’s wear and tear marks on desk

7. chieflongshin

Am I imagining things, the weird rotational thing on my 101 has gone. The wheels look normal at speed

8. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

The timetable doesn't show any IC services from Riesa to Dresden, only Dresden to Riesa. Is this just an issue with the timetable screen or is there no Dresden services at all?

9. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

185.5: ai passing with panto dropped as in stream but then i also noticed my own 185.5 panto dropped without in cab indication.
    When switching from external camera to incab camera the speedometer shows 0.

10. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Screen issue. If you look at the map, you will notice orange start icon on places other than Dresden for some of the services.

• Like Like x 1
  11. chieflongshin

Anyone share how to enable PZB and Sifa in 363?

12. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

My initial feedback

Not came across any game breaking or even immersion breaking bugs and nothing majorly untoward to report

Minor things

Lighting looks great BUT the reflection in the ICE3 from the console onto the window is very prominent (perhaps to prominent) at times especially when going through lit stations. Its worst is FXAA then it is in TAA. Its only certain angles which are affected but the worst one is when I have the PZB & SIFA icons in view (so looking down) seeing as I drive without HUD this is the angle I need.

The changes in lighting at night are distracting and perhaps *too* realistic, although perhaps its just because its so much different and over time I'll become more accustomed to it and the distraction level will reduce.

FPS drops - as I saw on my first few runs on Boston I am getting really low drops and the occassional stall (although nothing like I did on Boston Sprinter). Just as with Boston Sprinter the more runs I do on Dresden, the less severe and less frequent they become.

ICE3 headlights are none existent from inside the cab in sections but from external views the beams are clearly visible. Not sure if this is intended or not, again is a distraction.

Some of the speed restrictions signs arent as clear at night on this route compared to other German routes, again perhaps too realistic or maybe I just have to get better at spotting them!! The orange/red on black are particularly hard to see the limits when running at speed.

The journey mode chapter 1 does a strange thing, start off learning the cab car then the next trip is in a Class 143. On completing the Class 143 learning trip the next one dropped me in a platform and the instructions was to open the passenger doors and I couldnt work out with train I was meant to go towards (no train on the immediate platform) or if I was meant to wait for my service to arrive.

SIFA - now this one could just be my imagination but it would be interesting to see if anyone else feels the same. It just seems to need acknowledging far more frequently on this route than what I am used to.

Overall I had some really good fun routes and it does look stunning and Im really happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. chieflongshin

Can you try the 9:17 service with the 363? I spawned at chem plant once with no train and then twice on a station.

14. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Ok so I'm unfamiliar with German routes so I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but the running sounds for the cab car and carriages sound exactly the same as the Class 395 on SEHS. Has this been the case on previous routes or is it a weird oversight or something? It's really distracting me.

15. Clumsy Pacer

Actually I think the 395 took the run sounds from the Dosto Cab Car, judging by waht a couple of people said when SEHS released.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Clumsy Pacer

20210909194415_1.jpg
    Is it prototypical for it to rain inside Dresden Hbf?

• Like Like x 6
  17. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Oh wow. I never knew that. So are those sounds accurate for the cab car or are they incorrect for both trains?

18. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed that the AI BR182 appears to be unable to open Dosto doors by itself? Means that if one spawns in your timetable, it will get stuck at the first station and gum up the whole timetable.

19. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well if you had about 200 kph wind from northwest, it could blow raindrops into the station hall, I guess :D

20. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

First impressions - excellent route, very well crafted, immersive and busy. The attention to detail is excellent, the varying ballast/sleepers, cable troughing, signals and mileposts with correct fonts and many other details all add up to a very immersive experience. Couple this with sifa/pzb and the different signal types makes it a demanding drive.

Very well done to the team who created this. Hopefully L2B will be of the same standard.

• Like Like x 7
  21. Clumsy Pacer

Something I'd like them to at least see if they can do with the overhauled timetable, is add more padding at the start of services - there's not enough time to set up the train and depart on time. The timetables I've done, however, have a bit of lax so it's not as much of an issue as it is with Bakerloo, but still a bit annoying.

• Like Like x 7
  22. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with your opinion about this. I preferred how it was on routes before HBL (~ 1-1.5 minute buffer).

23. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Condensation? :D

24. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

HBL start times was my mistake because I was new. I'm really sorry about that. This is not a problem on the next timetable I've made.

• Like Like x 4
  25. 5cip

5cip Active Member

great track no doubt but i have a high cpu usage and stutters which i dont have on other routes.
    the high cpu usage brings up my temperature to 78 °c which is a lot.
    gpu is on 72°c overall thats ok

• Like Like x 2
  26. chieflongshin

So played a little more on this tonight and my god I think it is spectacular. For all the grief we've given them this a true next gen TS2 route to me. There is still a little stuttering in places but fps is good with everything maxxed out.

The route artists have done a blinding job. When you look at previous routes its night and day. Speaking of which seeing that lighting for myself now, incredible!

I'm sure between us we'll tease some niggles out of it but if this is what the future is then wow!

It did get me wondering though with such a varied route that BML needs to come out swinging when it appears. I was thinking with all the different routes layering together is BML going to look less busy until there inevitably new trains or routes to layer services into it. Dresden seems like a culmination of everything but I think BML will be the start canvas.

I love the locos too now they look used and abused!.

Brilliant work team!

• Like Like x 4
  27. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I had this with both Boston and now Dresden - to fix it I verified integrity on steam and then optimised my SSD and whilst still not as smooth as other routes improved immensely and Ive found it runs better each time I play the game. Not sure if its something Steam is doing or my PC causing the issues.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The same problem is on the new NEC route and I suppose that BML will have it too, no prep time at all sadly.

29. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Are the switch/point indicators backwards compared to the track on this route? Maybe its a German thing and this is normal, but it doesn't seem to make sense to me?

To me this says the points lay for the straight, but in reality they're set to diverge

[​IMG]

where this shows diverge, but the points lay for the straight
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. paul.pavlinovich

Trains within the set on the BR363 tutorial set aren't actually coupled up even though the game thinks they are - the air is through but the couplers are just dangling

[​IMG]

31. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

Drove a couple of services. At night. Finally, a route where night time driving is fun. I could actually see what I was doing most of the time :) The lights are mesmerizing, and the route seems great. The new physics and sounds of the locos are also great (have to relearn all braking curves tho, I sailed passed a couple of platforms, being used to the old versions ;)

When I drove the return trip the Sifa button was inoperable in the DD cab car. Did anyone else come across this? I had to turn Sifa off as there was no way to acknowledge it except with the mouse, and that was impossible in the dark.
    Also, was the 143 always capped at 120? I remember them being capable of 140, or am I mistaken? Anyway, couldn't keep to the timetable with that one.

Will definitely play more tomorrow.

32. Clumsy Pacer

I didn't notice that after having just driven the cab car - did you stand up then sit down, as sometimes that makes it work.

The 143 has always been limited to 120, like the real thing.
    upload_2021-9-9_23-19-23.png
    According to Wikipedia, the prototype could do 140 but when it was disassembled for evaluation purposes, the top speed was lowered to 120, although some 143s have been rebuilt into 114s with a top speed of 140.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I know we Germans can be a bit crazy sometimes, but we‘re not that crazy :D
    Those lanterns are indeed backwards.

It was always capped at 120. The DR did not see any need to have it go faster back when it was built.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. Clumsy Pacer

Also, something I wanted to know, and am pleased by the answer - the trees are not all white until they're about 6 feet in front - they're a more realistic grey/brown colour which is lovely. TSW2_Cameron_1631226870_00.png TSW2_Cameron_1631225202_00.png

• Like Like x 4
  35. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Not to worry.

• Like Like x 2
  36. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

37. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Local-Transport Dresden (literally: Near-Traffic Dresden)

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  38. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Thank you very much

39. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Despite being optimised for autumn (with Boston being the winter-themed route), BRD nevertheless showcases brilliantly in the snow. :)

[​IMG]

Cheers

• Like Like x 5
  40. paul.pavlinovich

I have logged it in the technical feedback board. Thanks :).

• Like Like x 1
  41. breblimator

breblimator Guest

My very first impressions: the ecstasy of trains \o/ Just WOW

42. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

Is there anyone has driven the BR182 in this new route? I think the audio of this loco is awful especially when driving at a high speed

43. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

have

44. paul.pavlinovich

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  46. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I very nearly didn’t buy the season pass, after the disappointment of the branches being cut, but the preview streams and the news of a branch being added changed my mind. Really happy so far, this is a big step forward from my point of view.

Really enjoying the lighting and I do like the 363. Probably going to spend my weekend driving that and the BR 101.

47. paul.pavlinovich

Loving the working windmills

[​IMG]

48. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - I believe TrainSim-Matt responded to this in the stream last night. This is true-to-life, apparently.

There was a discussion about whether something which is realistic (but annoying for players) should be included in future, but we're unlikely to change it for this route.

49. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yes it should... Maybe do a poll on this. Realistic but annoying audio : Realistic but the annoying bits fade audio : only the good bits audio?

• Like Like x 1
  50. Tom89

Tom89 New Member

On the strech about 3-4km to Radebeul ost from Riesa, it is missing all 500Hz magnets. On the positive side, it makes running yellows a bit more easy:D