Forced Control Switches And Bugs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dallas117, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I'm so tired of being forced into immersion controls, how do they think that is a good idea and still a good idea after over a year of being out. I seriously don't even feel like playing the game when I click on a scenario or training and that stupid message pops up, without any way to go back, why wouldn't there be an option to continue on your current control setup? That just seems like common sense.

And now since the upgrade when you are in classic and start something which you are then forced into immersion, both control schemes are broken and you can't even play the game, you have to quit, for example the reverser won't work or right stick to use cameras won't work.

Definitely makes for a great experience (extremely full of sarcasm)... cause I'm so fed up of this "feature" at this point

• Like Like x 1
  2. sukihersch

sukihersch Member

Given that I sometimes have to do this the opposite way, does the following workaround work: Select Immersion controls from the main menu before entering any service, then start the service; does the in-game menu then allow you to switch back to Classic controls? This 100% works the other way round, that is with some of the preserved tutorials or scenarios which require Classic controls: if you have Classic controls enabled before starting the service you can then subsequently switch to Immersion controls once in-game

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I know about the stupid "work around" that's not the point, I'm trying to enjoy the game, I'm not thinking about the settings all the time and having to switch stuff just in order for the game to work. (not mad at you either, just so mad at this clueless issue, that would honestly be fixed just by allowing me, or you, to continue on the setting we have. I've never seen another game allow you to pick your controls to then have them changed forcefully anyways. It's degrading, thinking that everyone is just to stupid to figure out what their controls are.

4. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

And the fact that if you don't apply the "work around" before you start. You're locked out of the settings. that's messed. Great experience loading and quitting and loading the game all the time

• Like Like x 2
  5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It's frustrating both ways, believe me, nothing like starting a scenario on a preserved route and realising that the slightest nudge of the left stick shoves you into neutral.

6. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Yeah, and I always forget, to press ‘apply’ so it means quitting again and ……