Ap Weather Extensions Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m3tro4001, Sep 11, 2021.

1. m3tro4001

m3tro4001 New Member

No matter what I do I cannot get these to work. I've even reinstalled the program and the update and no dice. I like the features of AP products but sometimes there's so much involved to get the best of them functional. Though a lot of that can be attributed to Dovetail's user unfriendly editors. They are waaaaaaaaay overdue for an update, particularly the scenario editor, but I digress. Has anyone else had an issue with the extensions not working on the AP weather pack?

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Well.. seeing as I can get them to work with no problem, it is obviously user error, so can you walk us through exactly what you are trying to achieve, and how you are doing it?

3. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

Have you read the manual on how to do weather extensions? Some extensions require you to have the main weather set as Fair Cloud/Overcast etc.

Try it on a smaller scenario and try and see what happens. It is a bit of a confusing process, but once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy.

4. m3tro4001

m3tro4001 New Member

Good for you. Can you assist without snide remarks or is that an impossibility? I'm following the manual to the letter. Setting the proper base weather, then setting the advanced weather, then setting the extension weather in timetable mode. Some extensions require the weather to be set up at various points in the activity and there are some that need to be placed "at the top" of the instruction trigger list so they can start immediately. Those are the ones I use so I can see if they work immediately. No dice. I've tried with the extension at the very top of the list and and a few rows below the top (after the intro cams and such). No dice. Oh and yes I do copy the Lua script from the weatherEP folder to the scenario folder.

The standard weather(s) do work well however. I'll try on a variety of scenarios and see what happens.

5. m3tro4001

m3tro4001 New Member

Definitely. I read the manuals because I realized there are a lot of features I've been missing on certain stock. I've only tried on one particular scenario admittedly. I'll try it on a super basic one and see what happens.

6. m3tro4001

m3tro4001 New Member

Update, the extensions do work. I tried them on a scenario where there weren't already a bunch of Lua scripting like intro cams and all of that and it worked without a hitch. I'll just avoid using them on scenarios with existing Lua scripting.