Latest Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daytona, Sep 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Small sale on Steam until 6th September.

TS21 uk edition and 14 products up to 90% off

Also RSSLO has a German Route sale at 30% off. So expect AP sale this weekend.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The Armstrong Powerhouse sale has started and is upto 40% off.
    Sale ends 23.59 BST Monday 30th August.

• Like Like x 3
  3. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Oooooh that could be dangerous lol

*opens wallet*

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Correct, there appears to be a minimal Steam Store sale right now. It's bad enough that the packages are not on special. That's the sale I'm keeping an eye towards.

Predictably, the three newest items are NOT on sale, and of course have been implemented into as many packages as possible to try to get you to buy them. Sorry Richard, I am not biting at that ridiculous ploy. Though I may get the 156 and a couple others...

5. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

It's even more dangerous being in Australia, where I have to convert pounds to AUD.

Had a whole heap of content in my cart but can't decide what I want.

Got it up to £56, which is roughly AUD$105.

6. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

You'll rarely find new releases will be discounted in the first sale after a release. Even on Steam you'll find thats the case. Wait a few sales and they'll be discounted then.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Dumbest thing I've read today, well done.

8. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

He has a point. Tempt you to buy older products at a reduced rate but making it so that you need to buy a full price newer product to play the scenarios. Not that you need to play the scenarios provided (I very rarely play anything k haven't created myself).

Very smart business even if it is frustrating for the customer.

• Like Like x 2
  9. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

There's a bajillion free scenarios out there for the AP products. Some of them more demanding than others. You can even find some on the Steam Workshop.

10. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Very dangerous. My latest total for items wanted tops £150.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cyclone

That is why I said "predictably". And I still think it's uncool to "update" scenarios to use it in other packs to try to force people to buy it with other packs.

That's what I was getting at. Why should I have to buy the newest thing out there to play scenarios in a product older than it? You have to admit it's a very frustrating experience when there is no real "starting point" for getting products and working to having everything. He tangles everything up and makes it a bad customer experience from the start, no matter how good the product is. Telling people to make their own scenarios is a pointless thing to do, because the whole idea is to be able to try out the item. Those scenarios with the pack could have been put in scenario packs and simple scenarios using just the featured train could have been made in the same way that packs like the Western Hydraulics Pack only uses the 35, 42, and 52 included with the pack.in the scenarios. Richard has chosen to make scenarios that are not very accessible. As such, I still have yet to play a single one of his scenarios despite having some products installed. Because he's designed them so I either have to replace 60% of the stock or have only two trains on the entire map because of how the stock is distributed. That's not easily accessible. Ironically, the scenario would probably run 500 times better with only those two trains!

Someday I'll have a new computer and be able to easily install everything without blinking. Until then, I am sure I know people with older versions of scenarios, so problem potentially solved.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Here we go again
    Another "I'm not going to buy this AP Product because the Scenarios require extra stock"

Take this wagon
    https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/rolling_stock/wagon/fsa_fta_wagon_pack
    It comes with 1 realistic scenario for the DTG North London & Goblin Lines route
    But it also need a lot of extra stock
    So If I happened to have the stock having purchased lots of AP stock over the years and I run the Scenario what then?
    Do I delete the pack or think it is worthless?
    Or not even buy it because it only has one scenario?

There are so many freeware scenarios available for different routes.
    Saying you are not going to buy something because of the Extra Stock Requirement seems stupid.

Please note that these items are only required if you would like to use the scenario included in this pack.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cyclone

It's at the point that it might make more sense to just go yoinking the "derelict" stock from the actual accessible scenarios that come with those packs and replacing them with the AP ones, thus providing accessible scenarios. I mean, I've seen a "remastered" set of route scenarios before. I think it was Welsh Marches, in fact. It used a large number of extra items, but to be fair it also originally came with five trains, so that would be logical. I already have clones of the old 37 scenarios I might post somewhere with the AP stock in them. Going to do the 150s as well, but haven't compared the stock in those ones yet.

Would not be a surprise to see all the London to Brighton scenarios get a "remastered" mix, too. Good way to make the 379/387 more accessible from the start.

Also, just to be clear, I don't believe I said I would not buy the item because of an unplayable scenario. I am saying I wish more accessible introductory scenarios were included, and old packs not modified to use new stock, thus making things even harder for the average customer (I'll let you define that) who just wants something to play. This is one thing that DTG is way better at, even with a library of over 600 DLC out there. Myself, I think I've gotten past average, and one or two packs I might even have everything for scenarios. But I also now know, if I don't, the train involving missing stock just fails to appear. Provided it's not a scenario-breaking change, that's probably fine. I have not researched how many use his various wagon packs in them on the player train (possibly most of them by now), though the FSAs are on my list presently despite possibly having various Kuju ones already, but meh.

• Like Like x 1
  14. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I have spent heavily too with AP but worth it and in the RSSLO sale too. Next sale I know of RSSLO October sale and Steam at the end of October for Halloween. Next AP sale will probably be at Christmas.

No more bank holiday sales until 2022 so buy now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The way I look at AP Locos and Units
    Do I have a version of the Loco/Unit
    Yes - Is the AP version better and does it give a better driving experience - if so Purchase If required
    No - Purchase if required.

Take a few examples
    Class 50 - the original version was quite old and the new version is so much better and worth a purchase
    Class 156 - I have the Thomson/Oovee version and although old it looks good and I don't waste my money
    Class 456 - I have the version that came with the South London Network and it is ok - the AP version would be better but I have no interest in this unit
    Class 313/314/315, Class 320/321/322, Class 411/412 - other versions not available so the AP one is the choice

I don't even look at the Scenarios - there are enough on UKTS and other places
    Had a good run with these last week
    https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=40316
    https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=40311

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

That moment you can't decide what you want and end up blowing £70 ($140 in Australian money) on an AP sale....

751900.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cyclone

On the list above, I literally just got the 156 (forgot it in April, but my bank account bled then anyway) and 205 (also forgot then, have to get older versions of scenarios put in there when I install it due to the 455 edits). 456 just added. 50 I already owned, but have not used either version yet. 313/15 is owned. 321 is owned and has a lot of UKTS use, which is why it was on my early list, whereas the 375/377 was not due to lack of UKTS use but I later found it on a WCML South 5.2 scenario pack at ATS (all 46 scenarios...).. 411/412 is still a bit pricey IMO (19.99 pounds converts to over $35 CAD, just a wee bit on the ridiculous side) and will wait until I run out of items to pick up in future sales, but I am also tryng to figure out why that costs so much (if it's passenger views, I really don't care about that, but I also know it's the only 411/412 out there). 455s will wait until they drop. Despite the now 40% discount from owning the 375/377, I will possibly wait out the 379 and 387 as well. That might be a harder one since I've played London to Brighton and the initial discount is already there.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  18. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

19. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

I will admit, the 411/12 looks phenomenal, but at over $40AUD I'll agree it's a bit steep.

I got the mk1s, all mk2s, 31 and 56 EPs, both class 37 packs and the 142. Glad the sounds replace the Riviera 143 sounds.

Next on my list for Xmas will be the 67 EP and class 40.

20. Cyclone

Get a 2016 key instead.

FYI, the Class 40 seems to include the old Mk1 set. You know, the one you can't buy anymore because there is a newer one. I think it's the DT version, so I'm guessing the added NSE cars for that set are MIA. A pity since that's literally the one type I need for some scenarios. LOL

21. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

2016 has the Riviera Line in the 50s though, right? The modern one with the Pacer is on sale now.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If he needs the modern version buying a 2016 key with the 50's version won't help

23. Cyclone

Facepalm.

Absolutely right. I clearly saw something wrong for just a moment there.

24. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Can someone please point me some keys websites that have TS content, i want to buy the south london network, but the current steam sale does not feature that route. The websites that i know don´t have the route on sale ( instant gaming, eneba, gamersgate)

25. Ardaeshir

Ardaeshir Well-Known Member

If you buy the "SOUTH LONDON NETWORK & LONDON OVERGROUND CLASS 378 'CAPITALSTAR' EMU TWIN PACK" on steam, it will currently be cheaper than the south london network itself.
    Because the 378 class now has a -80% discount, on top of that the whole twin pack gets an additional 30% discount.

• Like Like x 1
  26. helderbrincolas

Thanks. I had a look, but it´s still 22€ which is expensive for me, i am only want to spend 10€ on ti maximum

27. Ardaeshir

Ardaeshir Well-Known Member

No sale that low going on atm afaik. It was 7.49 Euro during the summer sale. Unless the halloween sale includes it, your best bet is to wait till Xmas.

28. helderbrincolas

Let´s see, i just want that route because it´s one of the requirements of the South London to Brighton workshop route, and lots of scenarios on ATS requires that as well

29. Cyclone

Definitely a good reason to want it! There are some 250 scenarios just for the merged route alone, so you will definitely have a lot of play options for that one outside of just the basic route. Too bad the old London Road station is represented (2015 release, after all) and the Thameslink connection is not wholly accurate for that passenger service.

30. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

31. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

Have you tried humble bundle?

32. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

TS2016-2020 are all on discount through Humble Bundle at £6.99 each. There are also a select few add-ons cheap but not the South London Network unfortunately.

33. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Seems like there's a sale on Steam until the 13th September featuring US add-ons.

34. Cyclone

I am starting to worry that the Swiss bundle is not going to get another discount before the 2021 bundles disappear.

35. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So then it should appear as the TS2022 Swiss bundle - only the base game would change.

Do you normally get worried when something you want is not on sale?

36. Cyclone

The routes in the 2022 bundle would change.

37. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  38. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Can anyone please suggest the cheapest way of getting the Class 87 add on??? Would it be by getting the 87 on on it's own (but you'd need an electrified route???) or as part of a bundle (WCMLN or WCML over Shap)???

Thanks

Eric

39. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

Best value is getting WCML-o-S in a sale (WCML-N is the 86). Cheapest is getting the 87 in a slae, which is usually just a quid.

40. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You want the Class 87 but you don't have an Electrified Route?

The Class 87 pack has the loco in InterCity Executive Livery with matching Mk3 Coaches and has scenarios for WCML North

The Class 87 in WCML over Shap is in BR Blue with matching Mk3 Coaches and it features a "Neutral Section" function
    At a Neutral Section the power handle must be at off as the loco is disconnected from the pantograph for a few seconds depending on the speed of the train. It replicates what happens in real life as the power is fed in at 25KvAC 50Htz but as one feeder station might be out of phase with another the disconnect the loco from the power supply

Not sure what use an 87 might be if you don't have any routes for it to work over.

Peter

41. ntypeman

Peter...

I have all the pre requisites already (86, 87, WCMLN & WCMLoS), but its for a project I'm working on... Someone who is helping me does not have TS & in order for him to help me further I'm considering buying him an old copy of TS which will upgrade to the latest version but he will also need an 87 (I suppose an 86 would work though) & an electrified route for it to work on...

He's not familiar with TS so want to avoid him having to d/load a freeware route and want to make it as simple as possible for him as he's being so kind to assist me...

I was thinking WCMLoS as I think it's currently on steam for £9.99...

Eric

42. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

WCMLoS would be a good choice Eric, it comes with both the Class 86 and 87 locos.
    It is more up to date than WCML North.

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. ntypeman

Thanks Peter...

Eric

44. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

There is another sale on steam until 20 September.

45. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

46. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  47. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

48. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Yep, some of the SBB and ÖBB locos and EMUs are on sale too, plus a number of scenario packs for those Mitteleuropa lines.

49. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Rybnicki for your help I have now found loads of TS Marketplace American Scenario packs in the sale and the following locomotives if anyone is interested.

Train Simulator: SBB RABe 523 EMU
    Train Simulator: ÖBB 4744 ‘Cityjet’ EMU
    Train Simulator: ÖBB 1144 & CityShuttle Wiesel Loco

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  50. Cyclone

I noticed that.

Just an FYI. Steam prices are local prices by where you are located. Posting UK prices doesn't help anything. Best to just post percentages discounted.