Dresden - The Definitive Feedback Thread.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Aug 31, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Screenshots still work for PC. Does PS5 have a native screenshot system?

2. paul.pavlinovich

I hear it in your video but I do not hear it my system how weird is that!

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It does, but it’s a bit of a faff to use.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

That's just the thing, they don't most of the time. I sat there with 21KN of power for two minutes straight just to see if they'll release eventually and they never did. BC remains at ~2.1. Then I played with the brake lever a couple of times and it finally released.

Also, did anyone else get the 143 overspeeding it's AFB setting when accelerating? It happens quite frequently to me, even when going uphill. It starts ticking down the power setting too late and by the time it's done I'm 6-10 km/h overspeed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

No, the brakes don't release for me either, well not without spamming the brake handle to overcharge.

• Like Like x 3
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I've got no problems with both 143 and 146 brakes (PC). BR o7
    EDIT although in the opinion of competent people - the throttle lock in BR 143 is non-fully-prototypical

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

In my experience, German timetables are timed to full minutes. Since I live in the country, I can‘t tell whether S-Bahn timetables are timed to a smaller unit like 30 seconds, but arrival times like
    are definitely not prototypical. At least not for public timetables. I have no idea what working timetables look like.

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yes. AFB on the 143 is often exceeded and the loco can’t reach 120km/h either it seems.

9. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Yeah. I think most Working Timetables go down to 30 seconds - Network Rail's goes to 15 seconds.
    Here's part of an old Tyne and Wear Metro one:
    upload_2021-9-11_11-38-39.png
    Public timetables are always to the minute in the UK at least.

10. Clumsy Pacer

Not experiencing that.
    Doing a 101 service at 10am, September with a bit of cloud and wind.
    20210911115048_1.jpg 20210911114452_1.jpg 20210911114507_1.jpg
    I think its a bit darker than other routes, but not seeing the issues you are. Can you post screenshots/settings?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Just for reference, I use 5.1 surround and there are a lot more 'heard' sounds than just through stereo.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Clumsy Pacer

btw here's my game settings if interested:
    upload_2021-9-11_12-1-32.png
    upload_2021-9-11_12-1-46.png

13. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Try one of the first 2 scenarios - I think one is around 10am, the other at 11am.
    Even in your snapshot of the platform, you can see how dark the bots look and that's with an almost clear sky.
    I manually set everything to 'High' in settings with 100% scaling and capped at 60fps at 1080p Fullscreen (not windowed as with yours)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  14. Clumsy Pacer

Yeah because the sun is in front of the camera, they're mainly wearing black or grey (and are wet for some reason) and they're in shadows, of course they're going to look dark. Here they are with the sun behind the camera:
    20210911120543_1.jpg

Also, which scenarios are the 'first two'? Or do you mean on journey mode?

15. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

I seem to have the issue with being unable to cancel sifa with the keyboard on both the dostos and the ICE3M. But with the ICE it's a lot more random. The first time out of Miesa it was fine, but out of Dresden it wouldn't cancel. Maybe, it stops working if you've taken over a train after being in control of another one? As was the case with my issue at Dresden.

16. I am getting stuttering every 15-20 seconds....
    Never had this on other TSW2 routes...

• Like Like x 3
  17. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

The boarding time at stations where you start services is way too short, only 15 seconds. It should be at least one minute, so you have then enough time to prepare the train before departure.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Anyone else getting funny consists on the RE50 services? I’m playing journey mode. The first time I got a service from Riesa to Dresden, it had a 146.2 followed by three dosto’s and another 146.2. That train accelerated like a rocket lol. Second time I got a service from Riesa to Dresden it had a 146.2 followed by three dosto’s and a 112. That one was fairly interesting; is a 112 even able to operate in tandem with a 146.2 at the other end of a consist like that??

19. Clumsy Pacer

This is a bug where it sometimes replaces the Dosto Cab Car with a loco.

20. _kuerbis

_kuerbis New Member

In Case of the S-Bahn services this is fairly realistic actually. Since they are a fast paced stop and go service they don't need much time at the stops, and one minute definitely is too long for an S-Bahn :)

21. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I assume the OP is not talking about the stopping time at stations, but about the time you get to set up the train when starting a service. That set-up time is rather short currently.

• Like Like x 1
  22. _kuerbis

_kuerbis New Member

Oh right, sorry I misread that. In that case OP is completely right then

23. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

How the hell this even got through betatesting? Do not tell me nobody spotted this, I got it right away on my second or third service run. They must have known very well, and just did not care.

• Like Like x 1
  24. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Took over a talent 2 service and it dropped dead in less than a second, even shut off battery haha, no issue getting it back up and running, just weird it completely shut down so fast, the game prompts couldn't keep up

25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Considering this route was delayed to make it as good as possible, an awful lot of immediately obvious bugs have seen release. Whilst I love the new route, I don’t think the number of bugs being released is anywhere near acceptable - especially such obvious ones. It was the same with Boston Sprinter and will no doubt be the same with London Commuter.

• Like Like x 2
  26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There seem to be a lot of bugs associated with taking over a train from foot mode, as opposed to going straight in from the timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  27. KoeleKoen

Yeah, taking over a loco or dostos triggers both brake keys being active.. Great route but like stated above... How does this go unnoticed? I like riesa dresden but the amount of bugs that get released... They release new content faster than fixing bugs so it just seems to stack up to a point where some things never get fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  28. kosti.nuuja

I have experienced a lot of PZB caused emergency stops, although there's no flashing or yellow signals, or speed limits under 80km/h nearby.

29. KoeleKoen

Maybe the speed magnets? They can trigger emergency stops as well

• Like Like x 2
  30. kosti.nuuja

Maybe. Are they really supposed to work that way? It's impossible to see those magnets during dark time.

31. solicitr

This line apparently has a lot of "speed traps," overspeed sensors on the line not associated with signals. Matt covered them in his video last night.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Tom89

Tom89 New Member

That is just how DTG do business, the testers are most certanly spotting everything that we see. But i think the problem is that the managers in DTG ignores it. It seems that they still haven't figured that quality sells better than quantity, and a happy customer is a profitable customer.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Clumsy Pacer

It'll be less that these bugs weren't noticed, and more likely that they were noticed too late - bugs could crop up at any point during development (like the traffic being on the wrong side of the road in the 2nd preview). If it's not game breaking, it goes on the 'release now, fix later' list - this happens in many games companies, not just DTG.

34. DTG Lukas

DTG Lukas Developer Staff Member

if you tell me where exactly I can probably answer what’s happening

35. Tom89

Tom89 New Member

Well that may be the case, however most other game developer does not sell DLC for nearly as much as DTG does. And when the price is higher, expetetions are raised. That is just how it is. If DTG could put more effort into making sure that the products meets the custumers expectations. And this forum could be a place where we can share our enoyment instead of reporting errors and complain.

• Like Like x 2
  36. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

I've experienced both these issues so far, even got both of them at once in journey mode when it throws a 146 and 143 onto a single RE50 service. I've also been informed that 10kN should actually be 2.5kN because the 10 value is measured as a total across all axles. It does seem that building power for 5-6 seconds before releasing brakes is a bit much.

• Like Like x 1
  37. 317666

317666 New Member

That's actually prototypical, being an older loco the AFB system on 143s is fairly rudimentary. Try reducing the tractive force, which by default is set to 100% (it's the small handle to the right of the AFB speed set handle).

Two issues I've noticed are that the Sifa light in the 143 cab doesn't illuminate, and the station signs at Weinböhla are incorrect. The real station is called Weinböhla Hp (Haltepunkt), whereas the signs say Weinböhla Hbf (Hauptbahnhof).

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  38. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I wish my game looked this bright! Did you make any brightness modifications to your Engine.ini or something? This is what mine looks like on the same service (September 10am) with a bit of cloud:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My engine.ini is as follows, and I don't think there's anything here that would have this effect:
    Code:
    [SystemSettings]
    r.ViewDistanceScale=2
    foliage.LODDistanceScale=3
    foliage.DitheredLOD=5
    r.BloomQuality=4
    r.Shadow.DistanceScale=5
    r.LightMaxDrawDistanceScale=150
    r.ShadowQuality=5
    r.TextureStreaming=0
    r.MaterialQualityLevel=0
    r.SSR.Quality=2
    r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=4
    r.TemporalAASharpness=2.0
    r.TemporalAASamples=4
    r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
    EDIT: I found the culprit! It's r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0 that's causing everything to look too dark. Setting it back to default 1 makes everything look just like your screenshots. conniethunder Would this help you?

Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Try ReShade. You can make adjustments in real-time. BR o7

40. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

I have noticed that the 146.2 handles way differently and the Dostos too. Like others in this thread, the brakes take an extra second or two to release after door lock, and braking pressure release is more gradual instead of almost instantaneous like it is in MSB. Is this prototypical? If it is, then it's a welcome change, it just feels completely different than before.

41. Clumsy Pacer

Yeah, I have no engine.ini mods - mainly because I cant be bothered :D .

42. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Now it's more realistic :)

43. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the AFB holding brake seems a bit broken currently (potentially with contribution from bugs in the throttle traction response).
    The AFB holding brake on TRAXX works like this IRL:

When the locomotive is stationary and Vsoll (speed target) is below 5 km/h the locomotive brake is applied. If the Vsoll lever is moved to 5 km/h or more the locomotive brakes will release *if* more than 10 kN of total tractive effort is applied (not 10 kN/FM).

Inversely, when slowing down, if the speed drops below 2 km/h with tractive effort below 10 kN for more than 0.5 seconds the train brake is applied to 4.6 bar brake pipe pressure until the speed drops to 0.5 km/h at which point the train brake is released and the locomotive/direct brakes are applied.

Currently it seems as if 40 kN (total) tractive effort is required to release the holding brake and the speed threshold is 3 km/h rather than 0.5 km/h (no train brake is ever applied in the game). All this combined with a strange bug that causes the actual tractive effort to only be about half of the commanded TE when stationary makes starting the train problematic. It is especially bad on the BR185 with heavy trains (there seems to be some kind of weight dependence as well).

Without AFB enabled (for me) it seems slightly better but you still have the weird 50% TE of commanded when starting which still causes issue for very heavy trains.

Hopefully these issues will be fixed quickly.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

It's missing illuminating "Elektrische Bremse" and "Hohe Abbremsung" indications as well (the latter function is working in the loco, you'll see different brake cylinder pressures at different speeds in R-brake) although to be fair, these are less crucial than the SIFA light.

• Like Like x 1
  45. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is especially troublesome when coupling. Some little fix would be handy, it's true.

46. paul.pavlinovich

I've had this happen - happened live a couple of times today on stream. To minimise it, I release the brake about 1 to 2 seconds after seeing the green doors closed circle, then another second before I apply power. Then most of the time it seems to work although occasionally it still gets stuck.

I had a brake issue in the 363 after coupling to a train, it would not release the brakes at all on the train, so I did what any driver would do and made about 64 flats :).

Paul

• Like Like x 3
  47. aladdesign

aladdesign New Member

I'm kinda confused as there's a second scenario (just after the introduction) for BR 143 (3rd chapter) and I obviously have to open doors and let passengers in but.. er... how to put it... the scenario started with me standing somewhere in the middle of some factory, there was no train and no doors mentioned above for me to open. After some adjusting to the situation I decided to start the scenario again and this time I was standing at some station and there was no train again. After the third restart I was standing at another station with no train again and the mission log telling me to 'open the doors'...

• Like Like x 2
  48. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

This has also happened to me on the 7;16 br363 shunting service. First time I spawned in chemical plant with no train. I tried this service twice more and it then spawned me at a random station with no trains again.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Franck69

Franck69 Member

I redid a scenario with the BR406, speed 160 PZB active, there is a speed reduction to 120 km / h, no magnets, so I pass the sign and start to slow down, it is just a little before reaching the new reduced speed, at about 350 meters before the sign that makes the speed of 120 km / h effective, the train goes into emergency braking.
    why???:(

50. solicitr

How much had you slowed down?