Br 146.2 Dresden Broken Tutorial

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nailomar44, Sep 11, 2021.

1. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

I don't know why but when I follow all the instructions, the train will enable the power block and I cannot move and it's very annoying if someone can help me?

2. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

+1 for this. For me, after correctly following the traction lock tutorial section the objective-met noise bleeps and TrainSim-Matt announces that the traction lock is now released but the red box stays resolutely red!

3. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Look on the left screen. Is there a red box with the text "AUS"? If so there was a bug that prevented the main circuit breaker from closing. To close it you need to cycle the MCB to open then closed again.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. My HS was Ein throughout.

But having tried again I've completed the tutorial now :) The only thing I did differently was use the mouse for everything (I'd used the keyboard for some things last time around). I don't know if that was what made the difference or not, but happy anyway!

5. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

Can you explain this to me in more detail, I never use these screens for some reason. Thank you.

6. cwf.green

In the cab there are two multifunction displays (MFDs). The front one has the speedometer, PZB indications and tractive effort indication while the left one has the voltage and ammeter displays. On the left MFD below the voltage indication there should be a box that either has the text "AUS" or "EIN". These two indications refer to the state of the main circuit breaker (MCB) being either open ("AUS") or closed ("EIN").

When I ran the tutorial the box said "AUS" in red color even though I had raised the pantograph and closed the MCB (lever to the left of the pantograph lever). This meant that when I tried to apply power after the train brakes had been released the HUD still had a red indication (traction lock engaged). I then cut the throttle, moved the MCB lever to open and then back to closed which disengaged the traction lock and let me apply power.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. cwf.green

Interesting. It shouldn't matter but perhaps the tutorial requires that certain levers or buttons are held slightly longer which makes using the mouse less problematic? Not sure.

• Like Like x 2
  8. driver#7595

driver#7595 Member

Keeps crashing when entering Dresden on Xbox 1

9. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

Thank you now I was able to solve this problem

10. cwf.green

Glad I could help :)

11. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

If you can share a video demonstrating the issue i'll get it over to the team so they can learn how to improve it for the future.

Matt.

• Like Like x 1