PC [editor Download] - Tsw 2 & Tsw 3 Unofficial Editor V0.3.3 + Tutorials

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimcz, Sep 10, 2021.

1. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

TSW Unofficial Editor v 0.3.3
    V 0.3.3 was just released with small udpates for TrainFormation, RailVehicleDefinition and RouteTimetableDefinition.
    For TrainFormation and RVD there is new value RequiredCabSignallingStandards which is another substitution category (not sure if they already use it but its part of the core .exe file)
    For RouteTimetableDefinition variable AutoRequestYardTransfers was moved from Service Instructions into the core timetable part so you will just setup that variable for the whole timetable and not for each service (default is set to true).

To update your editor version to 0.3.3 just run the updater which you downloaded before.

TSW Unofficial Editor v 0.3.2

Today another update is released and editor number change to 0.3.2 (for update you just need to run that updater which you downloaded before). And what today update bring to the editor ? Very excited feature which a lot of users will like :)

New features v0.3.2:
    - livery editor decals support

Now you can create your own logo packs just from pictures (recomend to use files with transparent background). Here is small tutorial how it work:

1. find some logos or some other graphics on the internet .. if they are jpg, tga, etc... they will work too (any format which you can import into the UE4). If you own Photoshop then even psd are working fine, But i recomend any format which support transparent background because image with other background will be imported with background.
    [​IMG]

2.move logos into the Unofficial Editor and they will import (if they are in supported format) - or you can do right button click > Import, and there you find and choose your files to import. Easier is the first option :)
    [​IMG]

3. go to the Train Sim World menu in editor and select that new decal option:
    [​IMG]

4. select your imported picture in that texture (or you can just move your imported picture there), select logo or image in category and dont forget to type the name (category is for the livery editor where you will find your logos or images after).
    [​IMG]

5. after that you cook that mod, pak it for the game (dont forget to include AssetRegistry.bin) and then you go to the livery editor where you can see your new logos (this step require that you already know how to create mods, etc...):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. select your livery in the game:
    [​IMG]

As all that looks very nice and excited, there is one small problem. You will not see your preview logos (thumbnails) in those small icons in the menu. It can happened that you will see even some random pictures or just grey windows there but when you click on them you will still see your logo placed like a preview on that loco or wagon. And of course you cant setup your logo to be colored in the livery editor menu (that part where you can change color of white decals) as that option is only for shapes.

TSW Unofficial Editor v 0.3.1 - small update

here is small update to the Unofficial Editor which will change the version to 0.3.1. Dont expect any main features to be added into the small updates. It will be mostly used for changes as the game got new features in already existing classes.

So what is new in 0.3.1?

- in TrainFormation and RVD added support for DLC requirement - used for scenario planner formations or even for normal formations. If you leave that empty then formation will work everywhere, if you add some DLC (name of plugin folder) then if some user will not have that plugin the formation will not show up in the menu. Its good option so your formation dont crash the game because of missing content.
    - in editor when you open the route you can now see OHLE
    - for better orientation in editor, there is update for Train Sim World menu ... there was before only Route Timetable. Now you can find there all important editors - included picture is showing how it look... there is even changes for icons so now they dont look the same but each of the class got their own icon. Now its very easy to see what is formation, what is RVD file, etc...
    [​IMG]

For downloading that small update you dont have to download the whole editor. Small update require already installed Unofficial Editor v0.3. You just need to download updater ( http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2675 ) and extract the updater into your Unofficial Editor TS2Prototype folder. After that just run updater.exe, it will show you that there is new version. Continue with updating. Once its done then you can run editor with those new features. Every other small updates will be released thru that updater, you will not have to download it again. Just run it sometimes (not every day :D) to check if there is new update... i will try keep you updated here :)

V0.3
    [​IMG]

New version of Unofficial Editor is out. You can download it here:
    https://github.com/tsweditor/UnrealEngine/releases/tag/4.26-TSW-0.3

Change list for new version:
    - Added reskinnable definitions
    - Added ribbon loft descriptor thumbnails
    - NetworkRenderProxyActors can now be exported to static meshes
    - Fixed crashes from merging cooked meshes
    - Better cooked blueprint editor
    - Added various blueprint function libraries
    - Added Virtual HID components
    - Added debug box rendering on VHID components
    - Pak mounting (Pak files no longer need extracting)
    - Added timetable editor comment box
    - Fixed various crashes when loading 'Track Scenery' tiles
    - Added alternative landscape materials for some routes
    - Added route map (This basically needs rewriting but might be useful for finding information about signals)
    - Much faster startup times (Due to cooked blueprints being loaded differently)
    - Improved cooking (Any assets not included in the plugin but referenced are ignored)

For instalation you just need to download UE-Editor0.3.part1.rar and UE-Editor0.3.part2.rar, and then extract part1.rar. It should extract the other pak. This version dont require extracting main core .pak file as you can mount .pak files right once you start the editor for the first time. In editor settings later you can find TSW section where you can enable or disable other DLCs.

This editor should work with TSW 2 files too without any problems.
    Enjoy :)
    ---
    New version Unofficial Editor is released. You can download it here: https://github.com/tsweditor/U…releases/tag/4.26-TSW-0.2

What is new in v0.2:
    Added ability to open many different cooked assets including:
    • Timetables
    • Textures
    • Material Instances
    • Material Parameter Collections
    • Data Tables
    • Enumeration
    • Float Curves
    • Static Meshes
    • Sound Attenuation
    • Sound Mix
    • Sound Concurrency
    • Sound Wave
    • Animation Sequences
    New Features:
    • Timetable editor (This can read cooked timetables but not edit them, it’s possible to create new scenarios with the timetable editor)
    • Track marker and portal selector for timetables and scenario designer assets.
    • Full track rendering (This is NOT track laying but simply the ability to preview a cooked section of track in the editor)
    • Ability to change the position a junction is rendered in (This is kind of a pointless feature, but quite cool to see the different positions the junction can be in.)
    • Some signals and signs now appear in the world correctly
    • Starter pack plugin, this is for any assets that maybe useful when creating mods. This only contains some materials for now.
    • Many improvements to data assets with some being completely reworked.

[​IMG]

Here it is, the first release of Unofficial Editor for TSW 2 made by Will and Me. Since i start working on my version i find out that im not the only one who is working on some editor. So i made a team with Will and we are working together on unofficial modding tool for TSW 2. Right now this first version can edit only Data asset files. You may think only... but that only means:

- editing or creating new formations
    - editing RVD files
    - editing or creating number files (RVN)
    - editing or creating Theme Definition files
    - editing or creating Route Definition files
    - editing Station directory
    - editing journey mode
    - editing paths for Scenario planner
    and many many more :)

For some of that stuff i recommend FModel app

This download link will only work if you are signed into github and have joined the epic games organisation: https://github.com/tsweditor/UnrealEngine/releases/tag/4.26-TSW-0.1

How to join organisation: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue4-on-github?sessionInvalidated=true

For installation - just download 3 rar files from that Github and then extract them. You dont need extra UE4 editor as this pak include completely modded one. Then use UnrealPak.exe to extract original .pak files from TSW (TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor.pak). Extracted stuff move to your TSW editor folder (Content under Content).
    Then extract some DLC and place them into your editor Plugin folder
    so you should have TS2Prototype\Content\ with core stuff like Core, Editor, UI, etc... and TS2Prototype\Plugins\with route or loco.

Best part is that you can edit already cooked files, dont need to recreate them. Of course you can create your own uncooked files too, even create your own map file and edit RouteDefinition file to add your map there for load... there is no rail system ... yet :)

So enjoy that first 0.1 version :) it require knowledge how to create mod for TSW (cooking process, creating pak, etc...)

Little bit after the release we noticed that it was impossible to cook so dont forget to download included patch and extract it to your Editor Engine folder.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 91
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Your work is worthy of admiration, and we look forward to making a better unofficial editor in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Wow, someone finally did it

• Like Like x 3
  4. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

DTG never expected anybody to break TSW from the inside... I look forward to seeing what people will do with this.

• Like Like x 6
  5. 5cip

5cip Active Member

coool

• Like Like x 1
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Godlike again \o/

• Like Like x 1
  7. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

I love this, I look forward to seeing what everyone does and can achieve with it! Would like to hear what developers would like to make also

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

This is amazing....although this is something I will personally not use as it goes above and beyond my abilities but I look forward to seeing what others in the TSW community do with it.

• Like Like x 6
  9. trainsimcz

Ok so since this is first version of our Unofficial Editor i would like to show you something what extra you can make with it as you may think that you can change only Data Asset files So lets do some little tutorial and maybe you will have some more fun with it.
    A lot of you were asking if you can build your route there... so for now not as it require full working rail network system
    but .... and yeah there is a but if you are skilled then you can build your own rail system in Blueprint scripting and then of course you can build your own route... for now you can create map, place objects and leave space for the rails which you can add later
    all cooked actors BP files are full working so if you place them on the map you will have those models there.
    And now some fun part... some of you were asking if you can add new loco to the game with the editor.
    As we dont implement Simulations and Simugraph yet you will have to stick with already made simulation files (RVM files), but you already got RailVehicleDefinition class which you can use to create new RVD files (RVD files are used for Rail Vehicles... Each Rail vehicle got own RVD file so if there is 1 loco with 2 versions it will have 2 RVD files)
    Another file which is important is RVV file which is basically Actor Blueprint file which include models and some other information or even some scripts you dont need to name your BP file like a RVV, you can choose your own name (its just more easy to figure out what is each file for)
    1) so first step is duplicate some already existing RVD file (its faster then creating new one)
    2) create BlueprintClass and choose Actor - name it like you want
    3) open that BP file which you created and on the left side on the top is green button to add stuff into the BP file (Add Component)
    4) there you can choose components which you would like to add into that BP file - Static mesh will be just static model without animations, Skeletal mesh is model with animations as it got own Skeletal (for that you will need to know scripting too as you will need to setup which part suppose to be animated and when - for the screenshots you dont need animations
    5) of course you can add even Light component there, where you place it in that View there it will be like that in the game too (thats for example how is Train Stations made in TSW, they are using couple of small parts build up in that one BP file with extra lights added there too)
    6) Save that BP file and open your duplicated RVD file - there you will find Rail Vehicle View variable -> choose there your new BP file, you can change the Loco name, some other information but for testing you can keep it like that
    7) save your RVD file and then last part require edit some formation where you would like to place that loco... if you enable substitution on that formation then even original loco will substitute there (important is to add your new loco there as the game will dont know about it until its somewhere in the formation)
    - just remember, you are using simulations from other loco, you cant really enter cab until you completely configure it (this is just for basic beginning... a lot of stuff can be accomplished by blueprints, when you press 1 the game will try to enter into the cab - if you add your own camera component into the Cab and set it up then the game will use your camera too)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here some bonus:)
    [​IMG]
    so enjoy that fun :)
    - just want to tell you that this method is not replacing existing model but adding new one there

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 47
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  10. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Fantastic, this feels like a real breakthrough.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

It's things like these that completely transform the gameplay. Euro Truck Simulator 2 was a lot of fun, but got boring quickly, if not for player made mods; vehicle, weather, map mods and so many more, I'm certain the developers would've lost a large majority of the player base. It's even pushed them themselves to do better, and that's been reflected in the quality of DLCs over the years.

Likewise with TSW2, I feel like this is a step into a new era, where the true potential of the mod community will bring a lease of fresh life to the game. DTG are doing well to a degree, but we've seen how many bugs and issues slip through unnoticed in beta testings, QA etc. I'm very excited to see where this goes, and hope that this doesn't somehow breach any terms and conditions and DTG allow this to flourish.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Doomotron

Oh my...

• Like Like x 1
  13. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Great work I look forward to seeing what the community dos with this!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The Editor is a well awaited tool of the community. Its what made Train Simulator 20xx what it is now whit its entire playerbase. So i guess its a bit embaressing for DTG that the first step came from the community.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

So basically you have created magic... nice!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Wow. This sounds amazing. Even if it's still just in the beginning stages, I'm really looking forward to see what the community will be able to do with this later on.

• Like Like x 6
  17. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I don’t think I have the knowledge to use this editor but I’m certainly looking forward to seeing what people can do with it, as well as seeing and using their creations.

As mentioned before, the community and mods are what keep games alive and breathing. Keep up the good work and let’s hope we can see an increase of community made mods and content!

• Like Like x 12
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

F r e e d o m :) Good for TSW. Good for us.

• Like Like x 1
  19. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Yikes, keeping my grubby fingers off this I would Boimlerise TSW2 with it! But look forward to those that have the nouse to do stuff with it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Wow I cant wait to see what people can do with this and how it developes.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Doomotron

It would be a bit disappointing if you didn't try. You've made some of the best mods for TSW, and this can make them a lot better!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see some partnerships between modders, this tool allows people who make models and assets for routes and locos to work with those who texture them and do artwork etc.

• Like Like x 3
  23. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I’m very impressed.
    Mods make all the difference between a good route and an excellent one and this can only expand their potential.
    It was one of the great attractions to TS and I’m excited to see it grow for TSW.

Even simple ones like LM’s sky mod makes me enjoy a route more than ones with the standard cardboard sky.

• Like Like x 3
  24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It begins... the slow descent into having to search twelve websites (all with their own logins) to find the assets you need to do a run from A to B

• Like Like x 18
  25. hand92

hand92 Member

Good work and good luck for the future! New horizons for the future ...

• Like Like x 1
  26. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Or... not. It's your choice. There is no agency being lost here.

Cheers

• Like Like x 5
  27. ARuscoe

OK, so someone releases a british route that I want and it takes assets from three other routes, two DTG and one third party
    Yes it's my choice but c'mon, surely everyone wants every asset available easily, concisely and completely, ie every route should have a full timetable, full scenarios and of course fully working and complete locos.
    Why anyone on this forum (ie those who constantly complain about DTGs content) would allow anything less is beyond me

• Like Like x 5
  28. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Difficult to install or not, that is one more hypothetical option to drive that route than you would otherwise have. There is nothing being lost.

Cheers

• Like Like x 6
  29. eihowa#6717

eihowa#6717 Member

I like the Idea but it would be very nice to have a video, wich shows how to use and download it exactly, as it is quite hard to understand

• Like Like x 2
  30. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

Respect !!! Well done! Now, please, develop a detailed instruction, with a video, on how to work with this tool! Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  31. Will

Will Active Member

I'm planning on creating a site with detailed information and lots of screenshots on how to use the editor in the next few weeks, so hopefully it'll become easier to use as there really isn't much information on how to install and use at the moment.

• Like Like x 16
  32. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Until I read this, I thought somebody had leaked the Route Editor :(

On the other hand, I do think there is a small chance we will get the route editor, mainly because of one email I got from Dovetail after I begged for the editor and this on Dovetails Own Website:
    We know from both closed door testing and working with experienced third-party developers that this isn’t an easy editor to use and until we have resolved these issues, we are not going to release anything more widely.

Until they have resolved those issues implies that an Editor may happen if Dovetail find a way to fix it. The TS Editor does not use the Game Engine as the base, nor do the Livery Editor nor Scenario Planner. I think it would be really cool if we got a Route Creator, a Timetable editor, and an Upgraded Scenario Planner, which alongside the livery editor, could be used in conjunction together to make routes using locos we already have, which is a major aspect of many freeware TS classic add-ons. The fact that dovetail promised an editor, 3 years ago, proves that they could make or release one if they choose to.

By the way, for those wondering, heres what the email said:
    Thanks for your email. We do not have a TSW editor suitable for public release at this time, though it is something we want to offer later on.

I think this might mean in TSW 3 or whatever releases next year, we might get an Editor of some kind. Even only being able to lay track and stations using basic pre-built assets would be amazing

• Like Like x 2
  33. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Also, the fact that he says there is no rail system, yet intreges me

• Like Like x 2
  34. trainsimcz

Just for quick info about your reply and DTGs editor. Not sure when you got the email from DTG but:

"We do not have a TSW editor suitable for public release at this time, though it is something we want to offer later on." -> that was exactly the same reply which i got more then a year ago, looks like automatic generate excuse reply... as you can see nothing changed and they dont released editor and still using the same reply.

• Like Like x 3
  35. bbmodevelop

bbmodevelop New Member

好遗憾,我来晚了。

36. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter. You’re here now.

37. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Agreed, which is why I didn't really dabble into the world of community created content for Train Simulator, other than a few Workshop routes.

I once tried to investigate what I'd need to do to install one of the more popular Dutch routes the community made, but quickly gave up after a very long list of required third-party and community created content, some of which needed to be paid for.

Now the community may be very inventive in creating all kinds of awesome things, but in the process keeping things easy for the average user isn't something that many community teams keep in mind, in my experience. Which is a real shame, because there are some very talented people making some pretty amazing stuff.

Unless community-created content reduces the marked for first-party or third-party created content which is actually considerably more easy to install.

• Like Like x 2
  38. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Great work!
    I'm intrigued by the statement that we can start to build routes but without the rail network. Definitely interested at having a pop at this once some tutorials have surfaced.
    I guess this mod will be good for fictional routes, initally. For real world we really need Google map integration + DEM which I guess would come at a later date.
    Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

• Like Like x 2
  39. trainsimcz

Lets continue with some tutorials :)
    How to edit or create new formation and what is RVD?
    - first of all for full working formations you will need RVD files and formation files. RVD files are RailVehicleDefinition files which are part of every Loco. Each version of loco got own RVD file. With this editor you are able to edit RVD file but for formations its not really needed. But lets take a look what RVD is and how it looks like (just remember that messing with RVD can crash the game!):
    [​IMG]
    http://www.trainsim.cz/obr5/rvd_file.jpg (if you cant see the picture in the thread then you can use that link)

- RVD include links for Blueprint files where the game can find Model configuration and simulation setting. That part is better to leave alone if you dont know what are you doing
    - then there is part for substitution where you can find Geographic regions - that is where you usually setup regions for substitution - UK, DE, US, Germany, Freight, etc... those same tags needs to be in formation file if you want that loco to substitute there (we will get there later).
    - vehicle category - there you can choose what is the category (loco, passenger car, etc...) - again those are required for substitution as if you setup passenger car for loco then the loco will substitute for passenger car
    - powered axle count - again required for substitution - some formations can be setup only for 2 powered axle count, some for 4, etc... again that have to match with formation for substitution
    - part with Is Electric, Is Diesel, Is Steam will not make Electric loco Steam one if you just check Steam. That part is for menu to show only Electric locos, Steam or Diesel locos.
    - Bounds and Length is better not touch - those are generated from the original model
    - HUD and thumbnails - if you editing existing loco then leave HUD like it is, you can change thumbnails and all the text around
    - part with Scale - those are showed in the menu of the game when you choose each loco
    - Rail Vehicle Information section with check boxes - those are for substitution and for scenario planner
    - Commonnes weighting - how common you will see that loco in substitution
    - Friendly name - the name which is showed in the menu
    The other parts of the RVD file is better leave untouched.
    How to edit and save RVD file ?
    Normally you will just open it, change the stuff and save it. But we limited cooking in our editor only for uncooked data so are cooked ones are skipped. For proper editing you need to first duplicate the RVD file (CTRL+W), then delete the original one and rename the duplicated file back to the original one. That will uncook the RVD file. You can edit it and then it will cook again.
    If you are thinking of making new RVD file that you would like to have more loco versions in the game then you can. There is of course limit as the game dont see that file you will need to add it to some formation file - and now with that we are getting to the formation part :)
    How is formation file looks like:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.trainsim.cz/obr5/formation_file.jpg
    (if you cant see the picture in the thread then you can use that link)

formation file got 2 sections - first part is where you are adding vehicles (building part), second part is the same like in RVD file
    So lets take a look on that first part
    When you create (Right button -> Miscellaneous -> Data Asset -> Train Formation) new formation file you will see just Formations and that second part of the file (if you open existing formation then in that Formations section you will find already some RVD files or another formation files)
    - adding stuff into the formation ->you click on that + by the Array Elements, that will create new position for vehicle (the first vehicle is usually the one which is showed in the game menu so if you mess that up and you will add some wagon there first then in the menu you will see wagon :))
    - so for the first entry its always better to choose CabCar or Loco (choose always RVD files or some formation files where is for example single or double loco - of course you can even choose another whole formation there too - there is reason for that too - will get to that point later
    - adding another cars you will need to click again on that + like you did before
    What you can setup for each car in formation:
    - train entry - thats the car or another formation file
    - flipped - if the car suppose to be flipped (usually if you build formation with loco, wagons and in the end another loco - like ICE train - then last loco needs to be flipped
    - cargo loaded - if the train suppose to be already loaded - activating this will let you choose Cargo pre load.
    - Allow substitution - there is the part which will tell the game that stuff in this formation can be substituted with another stuff - and there you setup the rules (do you remember that RVD part ? :)
    - must match per vehicles categories - thats tricky part and its used only for whole formation substitution - like i wrote you in that part for Train Entry - you can add there whole formation - if you do that then in that must match per vehicles categories it will sub again only the same categories of vehicles
    - substitution probability - whats the chance for substitution - 1 means always, 0 never, 0.5 is like 50%
    - valid geographic region - that is the part which needs to match with RVD files for that loco or wagon
    - Required category - there you can limit your substitution for categories like loco, passenger car, etc...
    - must load cargo - you can limit your substitution to let substitute wagons which are able to load only some type of cargo
    - required parts - again just for limiting the substitution (for to get almost all locos or wagons there its better to dont add any limits there but but then for better substitution is better to setup some limits)
    - Block train -> how is the train build with that substitution... 0.1 is like almost every car is different, 1 will add couple of the same wagons before it will start adding different ones.
    - Rail Vehicle information part is section for the whole formation so there you can again setup if the formation suppose to be for planner, if that formation can substitute (if you setup that this formation can substitute then you should not use substitution in each train entry as that will make a huge mess)

For editing existing formation there is the same rules like for RVD, you need to duplicate existing one, delete original one and then rename that duplicated one.
    What do you need to know before you start making new formations?
    - creating formation is easy but the game will not see it until you add that formation into some other existing formation
    - replacing formation for services (timetable mod) require have the same amounts of cars (so if formation in service mode got 5 cars then you need to have 5 cars too)
    - creating formation for scenario planner will require to create some scenario with templates formations and replace them with Wills Scenario Editor - the game will not see formations which are not cooked with the game
    - editing, replacing some formations can make the game (service mode or scenarios unplayable - its not common but some locos dont work with passenger cars, while you can use TAB key for open the doors AI is dumb and cant open the doors with TAB key so AI will block the platforms)

Just remember all your changed files you need to cook, pak with unrealpak 4.26 (its included in that editor Engine\Binaries\Win64\) and add it to your TSW DLC folder where is other paks (if you are lost there then maybe somebody else will add here tutorial how to do that, i can cover that too but im mostly expecting that users which are going to use the editor got already some experience with modding for TSW). Enjoy and if you have some questions about formations you can just ask here :) There is already couple of users who knows how to work with formations so im sure me or them they will be happy to help you.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  40. bbmodevelop

bbmodevelop New Member

learning....

41. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I'm interested to sew what people will do with this.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

Reminds of the Good old OMSI2 Times, where you must Search 100+ Websites (most are Offline or need to Sign Up) to collect all Assets to play a simple Map...
    I still hate these Times...

43. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I can relate to doing that in omsi. But at least it was worth it in the end

• Like Like x 1
  44. ARuscoe

Unfortunately in TS1 it often ended in a game crash

• Like Like x 1
  45. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

The idea that all platforms should be equal, when realistically PC is the only one capable of advanced modification... is sorta ridiculous. So is the idea that DTG have some sort of better content management, when I have multiple variations of a Class 66, DB BR 146 and 185. And scenery (at least in earlier revisions) was bundled uniquely in each dlc. Dependencies might suck, but the alternative is bloatware.

Personally, I'm very excited to seeing the existence of a community editor, and seeing what other content people can unlock.

• Like Like x 4
  46. ARuscoe

I have no problem with dependencies so long as they're maintained, bug free and free to use by everyone else.
    This isn't the case in many 3rd party provider's cases... Look at Trent Valley on TS1 and the issues that caused

• Like Like x 1
  47. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

And it always ended with one piece of content missing that was only available from UKtrainsim which imposed ridiculously slow download speeds, leading to me abandoning the entire idea.

• Like Like x 1
  48. ARuscoe

UKTS (run by DTG's Matt and I believe his dad) had a small charge to allow unlimited downloads at high speed. Pay £3 and download everything you could want and you're done

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. trainsimcz

Well there is TSC modding site where is tons of stuff for TSW so i believe that users can upload mods there. Or even i have section on my page. Both sites are free, no download fees and they are fast for download. Then there is Mod Manager, no problem to send the Author some email with link for that download and he will include it in his Mod manager (or at least the page where to find it).

• Like Like x 3
  50. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Well done CZ great news for PC users. Any chance you have considered a console friendly version or are the over heads just too much to consider? (Obviously this would be console users with key boards attached to their device from a modding perspective)