Crashing On Hrd

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ben#4827, Sep 12, 2021.

1. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

I'm extremely annoyed that ever since I downloaded HRD I can't complete a full route without the game crashing. Unaceptable

• Like Like x 7
  2. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Where do you get the crash ? And what Xbox are you on ?

3. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

Usually as I'm getting towards the end of the route and occasionally at the start

4. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

You try to pause the game for some seconds and then you return to play. I tried this solution when i come to Dresden Mitte (where the game always crashes). I tested it on xbox one x and it would seem to work

• Like Like x 1
  5. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

can confirm this works on Xb1s my guess is the game tries loading in the scenery around Mitte too quickly for the console to handle because ive tried the pausing trick and my crash rate has gone from 95% of the time to no crashes in 10 runs i've done

• Like Like x 2
  6. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

DTG always said that they would never release a game if it crashes your console...this reminds me of the Miles Platting crashes - which took months to progress.
    They say take a note of when your game crashes but this is so regularly its not worth the bother as others seem to have the same problem. The 101 missions often spawn you in the middle of nowhere with no train.
    Hopefully they will sort this out with a patch. How can QA go through the game and not find these obvious problems? Baby Bullet on Peninsular Corridor Service 143 has been unplayable for months and must have the prize for longest standing game crash after Freight Exchange was finally fixed on Ruhr Sieg Nord.
    As DTG say themselves "this isn't good enough" - litotes....sums it up!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Interesting...definitely need to give this a go. How do you know when to pause?* Whenever it starts stuttering heavily i suppose? Some of the crashes seem to come out of the blue for me...definitely more common on the Dresden end but I have had a freight service crash as I was approaching riesa.

I keep reading on the PC forums how great this route is and I am desperate to give it a proper go. I haven't touched it since launch day as I'm finding it too stressful ;P

*EDIT: nevermind, I've just read your posts on other threads about pausing every 400m around Dresden. I will give that a go when I get chance and report back

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  8. driver#7595

driver#7595 Member

Same problem on xbox1

9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Had this been seen before release we certainly wouldn't have launched with the crashes happening - this is a high priority for us to fix and when we have more news to share with you we will. We want you to be experiencing the route to it's fullest not experiencing these issues.

Sadly even with extensive QA, some things will always naturally slip the net. In this case the impact of issue is large and causes significant disruption.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. Luk396-e464

I usually adopt this way some hundred of meters before the point where the game always crashes

11. Luk396-e464

Ps: 400 meters could be too few, but, although the crashes of the game are imprevidible, more you pause the game, more you may have success to finish the service

12. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

Where I've been saving is just as you enter the bridge over the Elbe shortly after leaving Neustadt and coming out of HBF I've been pausing around 400m away from Freiburger Strasse

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

We all appreciate that things will inevitably slip the net but some of these current issues are so blatant that it defies logic as to how they could possibly have been overlooked within this so called "extensive QA" process. Take the texture glitching for example; something that was visible on the Series X (Boston) preview, yet despite the fact it was there to be seen it was neither spotted nor addressed prior to release off the Rush Hour / upgrade duo. It's not just that. The game now frequently crashes on several routes (Peninsula Corridor being the absolute worst offender) and has awful framerate drops (external cab view) on a variety of preserved routes.

These aren't net slipping things - these are things that are easily spotted by just playing the game normally!

• Like Like x 9
  14. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Here’s hoping that the Brighton Mainline, a railway line that runs AT rush hour levels all the time, be more stable for current gen consoles.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Now I am not offending or targeting you of anyone or anything, but is there even beta testers testing extensively BEFORE the route comes out on ALL consoles and devices that the route will release on?
    Noting that statement you said above, I could accept that. But that's like saying over and over everytime something goes wrong as an excuse.
    I understand mistakes can happen and not everything is accounted for. But game crashing even on current gen consoles is just not acceptable.
    One way to ensure this hopefully does not happen with the Brighton Mainline release coming soon is to have people testing the game on select services on all devices this route will come out. It takes time, but this can eliminate severe gameplay issues as such above.

I understand I don't work for DTG, but suggesting ideas is always great even if it's followed.

• Like Like x 4
  16. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

Maybe it already exists and I’m just not aware of it, but if not then maybe DTG could consider having a beta testing period for updates and new routes involving a group of “power users” before general release.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We agree that game crashing isn't acceptable. And had this been a problem before launch it would have been categorised into a Class A issue which would have resulted in a fix before release.

I understand this brings our QA process into question, as you are rightfully asking - How was this missed?

It wasn't missed. The problem didn't exist until we pushed it live.

As was also mentioned, we do have beta testers, and a significant amount of them who do an incredibly thorough job of testing for us. Sadly this problem didn't crop up for them before release day either.

The latest update from the development team is that they attempted a fix yesterday which unfortunately didn't succeed in QA. They are now investigating other ways to try and resolve the problem.
    Once we have found a resolution, the team will take extra steps to make sure it doesn't happen again on future routes.

I will be posting an announcement thread later today so that everyone has a clear place to remain up to date with where we are at.

I do appreciate how annoying this is, and I really value how understanding the community are.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

It's already out there. If a developer wants to shape a product in such a way that it better meets consumer demands or simply bring something to market in a careful and co-ordinated manner then there's an army of beta testers out there who will gladly oblige with those wishes.

It's called "early access".

Sure, entering the program probably means getting content a little later on consoles...but anything that ensures a higher degree of quality on a 'strictly no refunds' platform has to be a good thing.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue with the game crashing in the Dresden area on some services, says that I've run out of memory, im on Series S

20. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

If you have MSB installed, take it away it seems to crash us on the series s

21. paulryder6

paulryder6 New Member

I have MSB installed series S I had no issues on that route. Do you mean MSB is crashing Dresden because of the layers? If so I'll un install MSB just to play Dresden.

22. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I have MSB and Dresden installed with no problems so far on Series S or X.

23. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

I stand corrected, I thought it would kinda temp fix it, but got another memory crash yesterday at Dresden mitte, series s.

24. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I am curious to know if the crashes are occurring more for people using 4k30fps mode or 1080p60fps mode on Series S