PC Where's My Train?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by paul.pavlinovich, Sep 12, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Sometimes when you choose a train on Dresden route you end up with no train at all... In this one I chose S31 BR146.2 7.03 Coswig-Dresden and ended up someplace other than where the train is. Watch to see the issue from setting up in the menu to arriving at the station with no train. Submitted as ticket #HYS-663-21254

• Like Like x 5
  2. paul.pavlinovich

Note if you want an amusing variant of this where it looks like an AI has stolen my train, watch this one

• Like Like x 3
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

You snooze you loose ... lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

A drivers dream that.. Turn up to find someone already covered your job!
    I wonder if this bug is down to the WIP Meissen branch - the game double books you and an AI driver

• Like Like x 2
  5. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

paul.pavlinovich always gets all the fun ;)

Without hi-jacking your thread, I just got a hard lock up while playing the scenario "There and Back" (or something like that), and it wasn't the PC. It happened 10mins from finishing which really made my day cos I'd been playing for about 80mins! :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. paul.pavlinovich

I start a shift between 5.30am and 6.30am when I operate on the railway, I always get a bit shitty when I've gotten up early and driven all the way from home to discover someone is already at my shift.

Paul

7. paul.pavlinovich

So you got there, but not back... I'll give it a try. Probably not tonight though, I've been buried in databases all day doing comparisons between two systems at my real day job instead of my volunteer train job and I've got a massive headache.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I got the same impression. When doing Journey mode, when you get to the S1 services, you also spawn at a random station without a train. If you then check the map, you can see your train (indicated by the symbol that tells you your next objective) is still on the Meissen branch, waiting behind a delayed train. If you wait for it to arrive and then get in the cab you get a message saying you're not allowed to take over this service.

• Like Like x 1
  9. paul.pavlinovich

I tried this but got a different problem... My BR143 died at Coswig 2 seconds after departure... sigh

• Helpful Helpful x 1