Next German Route Teased On Brd?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Sep 9, 2021.

1. drahnoel

drahnoel New Member

I tried to scan the QR code but you only get to the DTG website

P.S Maybe there are more clues

2. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Don't know what the route could be as my knowledge is limited to routes that I own across TS and TSW.

Whatever it is, I hope there's another type of ICE included in it :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I am hoping for the route from Düsseldorf to Köln with the RRX (BR 462). This train is missing from so many routes (RE 1 on SKA; RE 4 on RRO; RE 11 + RE 1 + RE 6 on HRR)

• Like Like x 6
  4. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

I really hope that the new route will come with ICE1/ICE2 or other ICE fleets

• Like Like x 2
  5. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

I'd like something a bit different (and JD seemed to imply on the Dresden launch stream that all the other German routes had been building towards this route, and that this was now the result).
    A diesel route could be good. Or something else, I'm sure Matt's got a plan :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Something like "Diesel-Mainline xxx - xxx"?
    Or if it's about a city, I would love to be surprised with something around Dortmund! (or Düsseldorf)

Maybe to slowly create the full line of the RE1 from Hamm (Westf) to Aachen or the S1 from Dortmund to Solingen xD

7. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

Maybe just Dresden Meißen.
    Dresden Praha would be a surprise.

8. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

We definitely need a diesel route. The Marschbahn would be great, but I'd love to see the Norddeutsche-Bahn: Kiel - Lübeck Route they did for TS.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I think Marschbahn has to wait for a couple of diesel routes to come before it. So far the only thing they have for it is the IC coaches. They need 218s (which run about 3-4 liveries there), 245s (two liveries), Married-Pairs AND the special auto-carriers. That's a ton of new rolling stock, you can't all make at once for one DLC. (plus there's a second company with Diesel-Vectrons and their own auto-carriers)
    upload_2021-9-13_15-46-44.png
    upload_2021-9-13_15-46-2.png upload_2021-9-13_15-44-22.png
    upload_2021-9-13_15-42-53.png

They would also need to create a brand new system for car loading, which happens fast and during the service, that's probably even more complex than container loading we still don't have. The train basically needs to be a road... the trains even carry BUSES and trucks :D
    upload_2021-9-13_15-41-54.png

So I guess both locos have to come out in other DLCs and then MAYBE we can see this with both the new coaches and auto-carriers.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So what about „Dreiländereck, Lindau-St. Margrethen“?

• Like Like x 4
  11. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

I'm getting the feeling it's gonna be something like that, i saw hinted in the discord it might be an international route, who knows, can be anything at this point without any more clues... I'd hope for something with the railjet but that's probably reaching a bit high haha

• Like Like x 2
  12. Swisstrains

personally I loved the route, especially the swiss part! Would be awesome to get some swiss trains (not RHB) e.g. SBB or BLS- and since Rivet has the connections, this is not that unlikely

• Like Like x 2
  13. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

probably on next roadmap

• Like Like x 1
  14. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well, there are still the numbers on the ticket, that might lead somewhere... no idea where. I've tried German route numbers and it's probably not that as it seems super random.
    Just... not... RIVET... please...

• Like Like x 6
  15. Swisstrains

well if we would get a route by DTG, Sound by Maik and the trains from Rivet, that would be really cool!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well, the main problem is Rivet would throw their content away after release and fix little to no things on said trains. So DTG would need to take responsibility for the release and fixing bugs. Then Rivet would just be their second party (like Maik often is resourcing sounds for DTG trains).

17. fabristunt

Rivet's trains may look good, but they are far from it in the other departments...

• Like Like x 6
  18. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The Auto carriers are the Laaers 560s from Riesa-Dresden for this route. also Duisburg Dusseldorf Köln has these trains too but uses the longer Ddm 915 auto carriers since Dusseldorf Hbf has a Motorail loading dock

19. Agreed. The BR 462 is a lovely train and should definitely make it into the game. However, I don't think DB has any of them, so you would have to check the leaked list of licenses to see if the 462's TOC is on the list.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I hope you are right, whatever countries borders with Germany it would be a fantastic addition to TSW. I hope we will get a loco/train "from the other side" as well.

I wonder if there is any major international connection that doesn't use ERTMS yet and doesn't involve changing loco at the border (apart from LGV Est).

I'd say LGV Est with the Euroduplex and ICE3M is the safest bet as far as international routes go.

Screenshot_20210914-011945_YouTube.jpg Or maybe even the Velaro D (BR407)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  21. driverwoods#1787

There's two routes for LGV Est Deutschland Elaß-Lotharingen Saarbrücken Hbf or Mannheim Karlsruhe Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway. Goods yards are Rbf Mannheim and Triage Strasbourg Neudorf. The title might be Deutschland Frankreich Mannheim Strasbourg via Kehl

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  22. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

(I will go with cars referring to automobiles and waggons referring to freight cars below, because... English)
    Not at all. The freight waggons used here are custom made.
    upload_2021-9-14_0-47-53.png
    upload_2021-9-14_0-48-46.png
    Putting the RDC (the private company running the other Autoshuttle) aside DB operates two highly specific types of freight waggons.

For normal cars double-deckers are used, in which 9 waggons form a unit (the first and last of the set have lower railings to allow for riding on from the side with cars, refer to the earlier photos to see the two sets connected). For trucks, RVs, vans and busses they use modified flat waggons with very tiny gaps between the waggons, so they can easily ride over them. Here you can see pairs with higher walls, which when lowered, again allow for side access). Bear in mind people stay in the cars during the ride and loading/unloading is fairly fast, no time to lower ramps between each car like on Laaers. Both types are therefore equipped with emergency brake controls (which you wouldn't need on normal auto-carriers as there is no one there to use them). There is a ton of buttons on the double-deckers and those elevated ropes on flat waggons (in the height of the truck cab).
    upload_2021-9-14_1-0-32.png
    All of these waggons have signs specifying they can only be used between Westerland and Niebüll (Sylt Shuttle termini stations) as they have a non-standard clearance and could cause problems on other German routes. So yeah... they're pretty far from Laaers both visually and most of all operation-wise as what is done here, couldn't be done with normal auto-carriers. The TSW version COULD probably go only with one type (probably the double-decker), but throwing in what we currently have would be pretty bad (but hey... Cane Creek has them transporting radioactive material in open-top hoppers, so I guess you could pulverize the cars and throw them in some Falls waggons).

• Like Like x 4
  23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes, the services generally start from Paris, get to Strasbourg, then Karlsruhe and then split to go to Stuttgart or Frankfurt. "D" in this case could only stand for the route name.

Strasbourg to Karlsruhe would be the most probable route, if it's actually LGV Est (which knowing my luck with blind predictions, it surely won't be :D)

24. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

That would be the Abellio and/or National Express licenses, they are not on the list at the moment, but it still would be possible since the list was leaked at the end of July...

25. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

They do have plenty of Choice;

• France
    • Luxembourg (are they really worth counting)
    • Belgium
    • The Netherlands
    • Denmark
    • Poland
    • Czech Republic
    • Austria
    • Switzerland
    So plenty of choice :)

• Like Like x 2
  26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Sure. TSW routes are still only about 50 miles tops, so the small size of Luxembourg isn't really an issue.

27. solicitr

I would say that Austria would be the easiest, though: they use basically the same Hv signals as Germany, their main loco (the Eurosprinter/Taurus) is already modeled, and German trains could be layered into the mainline routes as well. Heck, DTG could even recycle the station announcement recordings!

• Like Like x 3
  28. fabristunt

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  29. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Ahh I see now why they recycle everything: there are people suggesting them to do that.

30. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

In my opinion, if the D stood for Dusseldorf and Dortmund, a new route would be quite similar to the existing Ruhr routes HRR and RRO.

To me, the "D" just indicates that there will be another route in Germany ("Deutschland"). Like the roadmap definitions which do not equal the abbreviation for the final route (e.g. DRA was DBB-R7 06 before it was released).

I think that DTG is on the right track with route selection (i.e. choosing routes that have a multitude of aspects such as high-speed, commuter and shunting and different lines instead of a "simple" A to B route like LGV, SKA or GWE). So probably they have not yet made up their minds for a new German route that would meet those criteria.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  31. solicitr

DLC is developed to a budget. The more they have to spend on one thing (say, a new signaling system), the less budget there is for something else (landscapes, bespoke building assets, rolling stock). Ever wonder why LGV has such blank scenery and only one train?

• Like Like x 3
  32. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

But the rest of the routes on the ticket are mentioned by their working abbreviation, not code. My guess is the D is part of the name of the DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  33. fabristunt

Maybe it's just that, the D?? stands for DLC :D

34. li150special

That's right, but they have already been published.

I have tried to find a similarity or common feature of the German routes printed on the ticket (such as a certain type of train or service), but it appears that they are just the most recent ones.

Let's work on the hypothesis that D actually stands for a station (city). DTG would probably want to have an ICE and/or IC stop included, because these are the German high-speed (more or less ) services and people like the 403/406 and the 101 very much.

Those stations would be the following:

Darmstadt
    Delmenhorst
    Dessau-Roßlau
    Donaueschingen
    Donauwörth
    Dortmund
    Diepholz
    Dresden
    Duisburg
    Düren
    Düsseldorf

• Like Like x 4
  35. driverwoods#1787

Good point and for a future route out of Duisburg then Hollandstrecke Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem Railway. That way Duisburg Hbf on HRR isn't dead and HDA uses Duisburg and Oberhausen as links to HRR. Therefore make HRR busy at Mullheim and Duisburg. Dresden can work using an International route to Former Czechoslovakia at Schöna S1 line Dresden S-Bahn since you can drive S1 from Meißen to Schöna Border Station former East Germany and Czechoslovakia. That requires Riesa-Dresden and Dresden Elbe Line to Schöna.

36. li150special

Funnily enough, Donaueschingen (which starts with a D :o) is a station to not only one but rather two very iconic German routes, the so-called Schwarzwaldbahn (KBS 720) and the Höllentalbahn (KBS 727). Both of these routes are said to be very scenic and have been suggested repeatedly in the pertinent section of the TSW2 forum.

Just a bit of speculation here, Matt and the team are probably shaking their heads in unbelief and laughing when reading this post. :cool:

• Like Like x 5
  37. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

That might be interesting - a combination of parts of two routes rather than one super long A-B. And yes, both are very scenic.
    Well I at least hope we were faster than expected on noticing the hint itself :D

38. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The next new route to appear on the roadmap will be German.
    Sam made a little announcement today during the roadmap stream \o/

• Like Like x 6
  39. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Indeed! He also mentioned they’re looking into making this unannounced route a bit longer than initially expected, which is why it narrowly didn’t make today’s roadmap. This sounds very exciting… still hoping this may be a rural/regional route. We’ve been driving from big German city 1 to big German city 2 for far too long!

• Like Like x 8
  40. solicitr

Munich-Garmisch would be great. Alpine scenery, about 80 km/50 mi. Bonus points if they add the Oberammergau branch (a 2022 release would coincide nicely with the rescheduled Passion Play).

• Like Like x 4
  41. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Absolutely, great suggestion! I live in the heart of Bavaria and also believe it would be the ideal setting for a future German route. Was actually just talking to my friend (who introduced me to TSW at the beginning of 2021) earlier today, and we spoke about how cool a route either south of Munich or around Regensburg/Passau would be. So many great areas, so much potential!

42. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

This. I think I'll cry if we get something like Köln - Duisburg or something similar again. :D

• Like Like x 3
  43. solicitr

Also, it's already been done in TSC. Moreover, München Hbf has already been done in TSW; they can just copy it over from HMA without having to build it from scratch.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  44. driverwoods#1787

If that were to be the case D can also mean Dampflokomotive Steam locomotive possibly Wutachtalbahn a TS21 steam route connected to the Black Forrest line with DB BR118/119.

• Like Like x 1
  45. drahnoel

drahnoel New Member

Maybe it is Lindau - Kempten with the Oberhausen branch line

46. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I cannot agree with you. It would be a great choice.

• Like Like x 1
  47. fabristunt

I'd love that, but Steam is still far away, so a route for steam locos wouldn't be on the roadmap this early.

• Like Like x 3
  48. driverwoods#1787

Ok then so how about the West German DB BR118/119 for Black Forrest Route to Donaueschingen. This video from Matt's channel should show what they look like . There are more videos of Matt playing the Black Forest Railway this one is DB BR155

• Like Like x 1
  49. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Well, then you can go play HMA or SKA as they are barely any different from Köln - Duisburg (and imo, kinda boring). It might make an ok route, but it's the same gamplay just set in a different city. But many of us would love to see something fresh with the next route, because all of the recent German routes have been feeling pretty similar.

• Like Like x 6
  50. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

HAH. I remember that. Got quite some positive feedback on that scenario I created, and was wonderful to see Matt play my scenario. Good memories.

If only TSW had a workshop-alike sharing system, I might get back into creating scenarios...

• Like Like x 1