American Historic Route Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by igneousmoth, Sep 14, 2021.

?
  1. Milwaukee Road between Avery and St. Regis or Butte and Three Forks

38.1%
  2. Erie Railroad From Susquehanna to Port Jervis

14.3%
  3. Tennessee Pass between Minturn and Salida

33.3%
  4. Lackawanna Railroad between Port Morris and Scranton via Lackawanna Cutoff

14.3%
  1. igneousmoth

igneousmoth New Member

American routes are probably the most popular considering Railfans are easy to come by here. With that being said a historic route to capture people's interests in the historic aspect of railroads might be beneficial rather than a current-day CSX random route or Clinchfield which is already in the other game. I just want to have routes that are dormant or Abandoned trackage because it can offer experiences that have not been lived in 50 years and never will again be lived unless miracles occur.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

For the poll could you add details on the route please so I know what each one is

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Chose the Lackawanna cut off the northern part of Warren County, NJ since it was built from 1907 1911. If you're looking for a more retro Lackawanna RR route the Old Road Lackawanna RR Port Morris Junction Hackettstown to Scranton via Belvidere, NJ pre 1911 cut off routeincluding the Phillipsburg Branch to Phillipsburg Easton Delaware Bridge CRRNJ. I live off the Lackawanna Old Road Phillipsburg Easton Section.

4. igneousmoth

igneousmoth New Member

Milwaukee Road was a railroad that ran from Chicago to Oregon on the west coast the specific section I had as an option was electric and used Little Joes as the power. No other railroad in the US was widespread electric and this railroad, unfortunately, went under in the 80s. The second is not too exciting just a normal line following a river for a majority of the way with a very nice Stone Viaduct on my suggestions west end. The third is the highest ex-mainline railroad in the US at over 10,000 feet and with diesels and that thin air, plus over 3% grades it meant smoke and struggling. It was placed out of service in 1997 and might be reactivated soon, but it is very scenic and would be a beautiful run in this game. The last is a historic route that was in for use by the Lackawanna Railroad in western NJ it was used by passengers and freight until the 1970s not much I can say as for everything it is hard to talk to someone else about them if they have no in-depth knowledge of American Railroads hope this helped a little.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Nice ideas. The Milwaukee Road route is a fantastic idea. Milwaukee Road electrics (Boxcabs, Bi-Polars, and Little Joes) could be included with the base route (if the electrified route is made) or added later as DLCs. For diesels, I'd suggest an FM C-Liner, SD45 or FP45, and maybe a Geep.
    Other US historic route suggestions of mine:
    -Pennsylvania RR (maybe a backdated 1940s-50s Horseshoe Curve)
    -SP Tehachapi Pass or Donner Pass (1940s-50s)
    -SP Backdated Peninsula Corridor (1940s-50s)
    -NYC in the 1940s with Niagaras, Hudsons, and Mowhawks
    -N&W (with J, A, and Y6b-classes), B&O, C&O, Chessie, etc.