Metrolink Ventura County: Los Angeles - Camarillo

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bcbaa#5316, Sep 14, 2021.

1. bcbaa#5316

bcbaa#5316 New Member

You've maybe seen me in a few other suggestions, but this one has been in my head for quite a bit now. I've always wanted a route from Los Angeles in TSW. They do have one in the classic TS, but I feel like it could be much better in the more immersive TSW. So lets get into the detail.

I want to start with saying, we could have the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner and the Metrolink trains, which we haven't had in a while.
    LOCOS:
    There are 4 great locos that could come with this pack. The new Amtrak Pacific Surfliner SC-44 Charger locomotive built by Siemens along with the cab car at the rear. The other 2 great locos are the Metrolink F59 loco and the Hyudai Rotem cars. The F59 locos are already retired, but if it is possible, you could get some sounds out of the TS version and revamp them and use some other trains from TSW and mix the sounds a little.
    The loco detail:
    Amtrak SC-44 Charger locomotive. This locomotive has a great look and is also one of the most advanced loco's on the American railroad. It would be good to get this loco in the game, and the interior is pretty much the same as the ASC-64. The cab car would also be great to have in the game. This cab car is also similar to the cab car on the Caltrain MP36.
    The Metrolink Hyudai Rotem car would be a beauty to have in the game. This cab car usually trails behind the MP36 or the F59. Now the F59 is usually a commuter train and stops at most of the tracks on the line and is already in TS so the interior is pretty much completed, except it needs to be put into more realism.
    Stations:
    There are 10 stations for the Metrolink services, which doesn't sound a lot, but are more or less 7 or 8 miles apart, as the whole route is around 60miles. There are 8 stops for the Amtrak trains.
    Camarillo:

[​IMG]
    Moorpark:
    [​IMG]
    Simi Valley:
    [​IMG]
    Chatsworth:[​IMG]
    Van Nuys:
    [​IMG]
    Burbank:
    [​IMG]
    Glendale:
    [​IMG]
    Northridge:
    [​IMG]
    Burbank downtown:
    [​IMG]
    Los Angeles:
    [​IMG]

Loco imagery detail:
    Amtrak,
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Metrolink:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I hope you liked my suggestion. If you do, post your comments down below.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Untill the Metrolink licensing issues are resolved, I doubt this is gonna happen.

3. bcbaa#5316

bcbaa#5316 New Member

what is it with everybody and the metrolink issues, i know they are struggling but im just posting my suggestion. the issue could change in the future

4. choochoo#4672

choochoo#4672 New Member

As part of the Metrolink issue, that could come as a future dlc

5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

You would leave the bulk of the traffic empty, with only Amtrak Surfliner, Amtrak Coast Starlight, and any UP freight as the traffic for the route.

6. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Metrolink only uses F125’s and MP36’s. Metrolink unfortunately scrapped all of their f59’s a couple years ago. Personally a section between LA-San Diego is a much better option cuz that line is way more busy than the north line. It’s possible DTG still have their Caltrans license so it could happen. And the line has 90mph action for a lot of the route.

7. EpilepticWeasel

EpilepticWeasel Active Member

I'm curious though if these rail operators like Metrolink, Coaster, Metra, etc, would be more willing to give out licensing for TSW compared to TS classic. Each request is reviewed on a case by case basis, and potentially they might find their product is better represented in something that is highly detailed, realistic, and immersive like TSW compared to when they were not willing to give out the license for TS classic some time ago. Only time will tell if that is true or not, but I could see that being the case if there is not some blanket policy restricting licensing with international companies such as BNSF.

8. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Freight services need a UP Tier IV (C45AH and/or SD70AH-T4), GP60, and maybe a 3GS21B Genset Switcher. An SD70M, SD70ACe, CW44AC, C44-9W, and/or a GP15 could be added or included. Personally, I really want BNSF trains on the Pacific Surfliner, but that won't happen.

• Like Like x 1