Poll: Are You Happy About State Of The Game?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Birita, Sep 14, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

83 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No

51 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Cast your vote...

2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I think there should be a few more options than just yes or no. Personally I'd go for something like "I like the game as it is, but their are certainly things that I'd like to change or be added".

• Like Like x 7
  3. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Noted...

• Like Like x 1
  4. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Also a specification of PS4/PS5 would be useful. Playing on the PS5, I'm extremely satisfied whereas I can understand the frustrations of those playing on the PS4.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Guys, is a simple question, that i expect people should be able to answer.
    Cheers...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I can't currently do Baby Bullet services without the game crashing at a point 4.2 miles outside of Millbrae and there's another crash point on SEHS on the high speed section towards St Pancras.

They're both quite annoying so, in the absence of any kind of middle-ground on the vote (which would take into account how much better the game is as a whole compared to, say, TSW2020, and how good the latest routes are), I'm going to have to go with, "No". :D

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

In general I am happy with the game (I do genuinely love it), but for me personally, a lot of work is needed to get it to where I’d like it to be. Still far too many bugs or inconsistencies for my total liking. Especially bugs and inconsistencies, which keep getting repeated over and over again. Infuriating.

• Like Like x 3
  8. wongraven1

wongraven1 New Member

The 4th Hamburg to Lübeck intro tutorial crashes on me at the same spot so, no.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Having only yes and no is pretty black and white. Almost everybody's answer would be somewhere in the gray area. I voted yes. The state of the game is in no means perfect, but I'm pretty pleased with how it is at this time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Well it would be nice if I could actually play some of my dlc without it crashing or showing errors

IE San Jose random crashing for me ps5
    Long trains on sand patch, rear camera view freezes and crashes whilst loading
    Clinchfield dlc won't install

11. Factor41

4.2 miles from Millbrae?!

12. Trainmania100

It's about that location yes. Is it a common problem then ?

13. Factor41

Looking that way - I hadn't seen anyone else mention it, but I guess people are busy with the new routes. It crashes for me at that point in scenarios or services - only tried it with the Baby Bullet so far, but I'm assuming it's the route rather than the train that's causing the problem because it's always at that exact point.

14. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Just did a run at Peninsula with Baby Bullet...didnt had a crash...Ps4 Pro btw...the issues that i am seeing are in Dresden that some spaw me on foot without a train and a service in MSB(journey 15 88114) that is Broke and you get stuck in a red...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Factor41

Seems like an issue specific to the PS5, then. Anyone else seen this?

16. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

This is such a loaded question for just a simple yes/no response. I'd vote yes, I am somewhat happy about the state of the game, however that doesn't even begin to describe the situation.

Undeniably, TSW since it's initial release back in early 2017 has been plagued with various bugs and weird quirks. Of course these bugs eventually do get fixed and the game is in a much better state than it used to be, however we are still dealing with weird oversights and other annoyances to this very day. There's plenty of threads that often question many of the decisions that are made with this game, sometimes rightfully so. Of course, not everything can be solved, but why are we seeing weird PIS glitches? Incorrect train formations/substitutions? Half-baked timetables? These are problems with NEW routes, that are being sold in this state. It's not some weird vague bug that happens in a very specific circumstance. No, these are issues that are upfront and obvious for any player jumping into the game.
    This cannot become a new habit.

The game has made a lot of progress since CSX Heavy Haul first came out, and I want to credit DTG for continuing to actively develop TSW all these years later. But there is still a lot of work left to be done.

I, for one, cannot simply recommend TSW to friends or new players without telling them some disclaimers. If you're just jumping into this game in 2021, you have to be aware that you're jumping into an unfinished product that's constantly moving around and shifting. As a consequence, one has to be kept up-to-date and well-informed of what's going on with this game, and even that can have its own communication issues.
    As a result, TSW exists in this weird state where there is plenty to be excited about, but also plenty to critique.
    Posing a question like "are you happy with the state of this game", can easily go in either direction, and us customers have to put up with this unusual duality.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

One important question for me is has Rivet Games abandoned any further support for IoW and Arosa? Hopefully Jasper_Rivet can shed some light on this. The timetable isn’t accurate in IoW if using Forward 1, which is what the trains were required to use to save on wear and tear (given their age) and by all accounts, Arosa remains a mess. If they want my custom on the new Cornwall route, they better shape up and sort these issues first. I have some serious trust issues with Rivet based on their lack of support.

• Like Like x 6
  18. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

How can anyone be totally happy with a game that has so many quality issues, bugs, and glitches? Perhaps the poll should have contained a neither happy or unhappy option.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It may be a simple question, but the available answers lower the validity of the results. Almost all of the answers given so far are in the middle, so yes and no isn't representative of the group.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

I feel like you want to vote "no" but for some reason you voted "yes"...or is the other way around...anyway...i want vote from the people that can make their minds and realize how they feel about the state of the game...for me the grey area doesnt help at ALL...its like i dont know but i know and i am happy but i am not at same time...

• Like Like x 1
  21. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

I suppose it's one of those "is the game perfect?". Obviously no.
    "Are you enjoying it despite those imperfections?" Yes.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%....but we have a lot of votes in "yes"...as for the options go i could change for "ok" or "not ok" or something similar...but at end of the day would mean the same...
    Cheers...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  23. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Yes but people must realize that those are two different questions...

24. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

You would think. :D

25. kiryupilot#4851

kiryupilot#4851 New Member

I was so thrilled when a speeding ICE train whipped past me on the new rush hour dresden route! The 'world' is now more alive and I Like it!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Yes, overall I'm more than happy. Major improvements with update such as improved loading times, and more info in pause screen. Took me a while to get used used to the route selection screen, but i like it :)

27. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

How can anyone assume, what makes me happy or not?

28. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Voted yes. There definitely issues that DTG need to sort out such as announcements being made way too early (The 313 has been announced for over a year now) for example. But the actual game itself, For me at the moment, I'm happy with it

29. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

I Just want that the issue in store showing prices in allready owned DLC be resolved....but i ask myself If this Will ever be fixed?

• Like Like x 1
  30. Trainmania100

Disappointed at yet another southbound coal failure an hour into clinchfield, an F7 sitting at a red supposedly meant to add extra wagons onto its consist from the adjacent track, but not doing anything.
    Once it did actually move some wagons parallel to my train, but it never shunts them back to collect those on my line

31. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Xbox version is glitched to crap, with looping sounds and bad textures glitches, but other than that i still enjoy this game. Been playing since tsw2020 released.
    Once they fix this it will be the perfect train sim for me

• Like Like x 1
  32. benuildo

benuildo Member

Most of the time I'm very happy with the game, due to alternatives, although there are so many problems in nearly every part of the game and nearly every dlc which need to be fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  33. ace

ace Member

Playing on my PS4 and I'm very happy. It's a lot better then the old Unreal Engine for me. Maybe smooth up the game intro DTG? I'm looking forward to the future...

• Like Like x 1
  34. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

I agree with this completely in terms of the duality, there are quite a few people who vote yes with no ifs, ands, or buts, however it seems the vast majority of the community has the same opinion, "yes, I'm kind of happy, however..". And with a simple yes or no survey like this with such a grey area in between I think we are simply getting an insight into whether people are a "glass half full" or "glass half empty" kidn of person. If people hated the game they wouldn't play it and wouldn't linger here to fill out surveys.

• Like Like x 2