Annoying Voice

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, Sep 16, 2021.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

When we are force to redo a training, how can we shut the stupid fake voice

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

turn the volume down?

• Like Like x 1
  3. rat7_mobile

There is no volume for voice in the game

4. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

How about just hitting the escape key… problem resolved…

• Like Like x 1
  5. rat7_mobile

THe Escape kay kicked you out of the run, and the trainings must be completed to both complete the journey, and to complete the achiement, the only achiement that can never be completed are the ones for the gadget like maps, as at least 50% over them are not possible to locate

6. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

If it’s a case of completing the achievement, for the length of the training being fairly short, I guess it’s not too long to put up with.

• Like Like x 3
  7. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I don't think the voices are fake pretty sure Matt has done some of the voiceovers in the training scenarios, and if you are an achievement junkie pretty sure you can put up with it for the short time they take. :D

• Like Like x 8
  8. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

you can probably tune it down the volume
    i have it set louder

at C:\Users\YourName\my games\TrainSimWorld2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
    in GameUserSettings.ini

DialogueSoundVolume=1.500000

9. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

And the voice for Boston Sprinter is Matt's wife, I believe. He said something like that on stream.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

And yet I have all those achievements unlocked... Maybe you might want to correct that to "as I am unable to find at least 50% of them", as others seem to be capable to do so.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Another of those that want all the achievements without putting in any of the time. I bet everyone got a participation medal at his school sports day. :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Depending on the route, the voices could either be matt or his wife

13. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Definitely a reason to rage quit.
    Real train simmers get annoyed by the missing top rivet on the front bogie of the Class twenty or some obscure signal from Dresden which fell out of use in 1968…

Could be far worse, imagine all you had was the Colonel telling you to grip it and rip it!

• Like Like x 5
  14. LeadCatcher

Never saw the use of the journey anyway… of course I do not like the concept of “action” points or medals since I got the simulator to drive trains and not somehow stroke my ego for getting every check mark or finishing every achievement so I guess I do not understand the compulsion to do so.

There for I guess if you are in that camp where you feel you must follow the journey without any deviation, I can see where it might get annoying to have to redo the training on new routes, but still a minor irritation if the goal is to complete all journey items. An annoyance that is self imposed but an annoyance nonetheless. I hope you find a way to come to grips with it.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

My goodness, this thread takes the cake/biscuit for being the most trivial complaint I've ever heard on the forum.
    I'm left completely cold by this part of the game, medals, collecting things, achievements etc., but, if you want to play TSW like a pinball game or space invaders or whatever, have at it, fine, but to complain about a voice because it interferes with your obsession for a meaningless gold medal is the acme of insignificance.
    Has this anything to do with trains or railroads?
    All I can say is good luck to you in your quest for personal glory. :D:D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  16. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Matt - any good at accents? :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Factor41

Looking forward to him introducing the first Australian route. "G'day cobber, here's a bonza Rattler for ya. Run that up ta Brissie and we can grab a coldie, but not while you're driving, ya hoon!"

• Like Like x 7
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Who is a Boston native

19. rat7_mobile

Well like on the last trainset Dresen, the black and blue train had to restart the training because, in the black train if you use the phone to ask for permission, for some reason the training does not know you did, the game doe and let you couple the wagon, but then you are stuck, as nothing else can be done, so you have to restart the training and use the TAB key, with the blue train, well I had to re start it at least 3 times just to get the engine running, when you press the switch, you can hear the beep and see the next step in the training, but nothing is happening because the engine is not yet started, and the only way to get it to start isto restart the training

PS. The Journey is the only way to play the game, in a way that is entertaining, the timetable is most un-imaginative and boring way to play the game, I do only what I have to do in timetable to complete the achievement, because once the Journey and the achievement are done, there is nothing interesting to be done.

PS from all the DLC of this game, I have only a few runs to be done and then the game will be canned until the next DLC comes out, SO PLEASE DTG, canned the timetable and focus on the Journey, make them longer and even more entertaining

20. rat7_mobile

I have no idea who is that Matt guy you are talking about, however if it is a real person voice that is use in the game, I do hope it is somehow modified, and his real life voice is nothing like in the game

21. Factor41

"The game isn't very entertaining and you have a ridiculous voice".

How to make friends and influence people. :D

• Like Like x 8
  22. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

they can always the voice of The Nanny

• Like Like x 1
  23. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I don’t follow you. Timetable mode is the meat of TSW2 alongside scenarios. Journey mode isn’t anything special. It’s just the tutorials, scenarios and a selection of timetable services with assigned weather mixed together into a playlist, that’s it… More often than not, there isn’t even a pattern between the services in Journey, especially where the weather is concerned.

It’s mostly there for beginners or players who can’t decide where to start. The completionists here also like to dive into it too.

I’d also suggest not requesting them to ditch timetable mode because if DTG were to do (which they won’t) then journey mode would consist of a few tutorials with that friendly voice we all know and love, plus 5 or 6 scenarios.

Bigger timetable = More journey mode opportunities ;)

• Like Like x 7
  24. solicitr

Or Harley Quinn

25. Blu

Blu Active Member

In Settings under the Audio tab, there is a volume control for "Dialogue". Set that to zero and it should do the trick.

26. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Whine, whine, whine -- this is a typical occasion that makes me nostalgic for the old thumbs down option.

• Like Like x 7
  27. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

That German Lokführerschulungsguy-Voice is recurring for the 5th year or so for me now so I actually like to hear him - because when he explains the setup of locos or tells me there is more to do, or refers to invisible manuals that contains advanced knowledge for operation ... it's because I got myself a new route (again)! ;-)

Once he tried mimicking Berlin accent and it was so awful it never happened again

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  28. rat7_mobile

That is what makes the Journey so interesting, the fact that from one run to the next, the weather and time of year is a mystery until you get there, but in timetable, well you know ahead of time what will be the waether and time of year, and once the run is completed, you have to go all the way back to the first menu, re-select EXPLORE > TIMETABLE > TIME OF YEAR > WAETHER > Locomotive (some that have no run of their own) and then you can do another run, and once this other one is complete, it is go back to the first menu, etc ..... In Journey, I do not have to go back to the first menu, once a run is done, then the next one start

29. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

OMG!! Seriously, you have to stop pushing on the Q-tip when you feel resistance!! :D

• Like Like x 3
  30. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

He is the
    Sorry I couldn't resist

• Like Like x 2
  31. breblimator

breblimator Guest

H E R E SY

• Like Like x 2
  32. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

As a proud Australian who cringes any time he hears a non-native try and imitate the accent (or even actual natives put on the "Hollywood" version of the accent in movies because that is what Americans are expecting to hear), I seriously hope that any future Australian routes are narrated by Ozzy Man Reviews.

As an aside though, just as how there are different UK/German/US/etc accents, there are at least 3 distinctly different Australian accents, and not always regionally-based (although there are some regional variations), ranging from Cultivated (posh upper class, could almost pass for a British accent in the right circles, think dignified stage actor), General (what half the Anglo-ethnic population actually sounds like, especially urban-based, doesn't sound permanently drunk), to Broad (Steve Irwin and Paul Hogan had a baby and named it Crikey, what the rest of the world thinks all of us sound like)

• Like Like x 4
  33. Factor41

This.

(Or Alf Stewart, ya flamin galaaahhh!)

• Like Like x 2
  34. breblimator

breblimator Guest

35. LeadCatcher

That is your opinion, which is great to have and am glad you shared, but I totally disagree and view the journey as a way for new players to give some structure to the timetable if they can’t decide for themselves on what they want to do. In fact, the lack of ability to modify weather is a big drawback for me.

That being the case, even though I dislike the journey, I know there are many that do find it enjoyable so I would be the last to put forth suggestions to reduce or remove whatever functionality for those that do. Additionally never would I suggest that following the journey is the “wrong” way to use the simulation since everyone has free choice on how to approach the simulation.

• Like Like x 4
  36. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

many people play the timetable it allows people to decide when and what they do and play in their own way which shouldn't be restricted to a few lmited services otherwise the pricing of dlc is ridiculous. i love the ability of 24hour timetable modes .

also no you don't need to exit the game you can literally click continue in free roam and get on another train that's in service so what your saying isn't fully true

• Like Like x 1
  37. solicitr

And then there's Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, Pommy expat who's acquired a layer of Strine on top of the Queen's.

38. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The issue of voiceovers, which really belongs in off-topic, is actually quite interesting. For the most part, tutorials are spoken in the associated accent for UK and US routes. But we don't have German, French or Swiss accented voices for those respective routes. Would we have an Australian accent for the Aussie route that is certainly coming at some point?
    Another question is what happened to the engineers who sometimes introduced and instructed the player during scenarios on SPG. Was it never copied on other routes?

39. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Oh god please no.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Blu

Blu Active Member

I Gave rat7_mobile the answer to his first post! Obviously he didn't care and was just wanting to cause an argument -.-

• Like Like x 2
  41. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Indeed. Surely he deserves an action point for his efforts.

• Like Like x 5
  42. solicitr

Some of the older German routes do have a German accented voiceover