After Updating Ps5 System Software: New Routes Not Visible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by appleerwin, Sep 15, 2021.

1. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

The routes are definitely there as you can delete the individual routes and then download them, and it is the PS5 version that downloads. It's interesting that, as others have pointed out, the Dresden PS5 version of the route doesn't have the TSW2 black and white icon whilst downloading but the PS4 version does. Don't know if that's significant as it's not the only route affected (although it is a route that seems to be affecting a lot of us) but that just seems unusual. Wouldn't explain the likes of Cane Creek n the like that affecting some of us but could be a starting position.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks for the information, folks. By way of update, we've contacted Sony, as we're as perplexed as you are.

We've not altered or changed anything in the back-end of the PlayStation Store, so we'll update when we hear more. To reiterate DTG Natster's point: please do not in the interim repurchase any Add-ons you already own.

For those impacted: if you still have it, are you able to check if you still see the routes (free) in the PS4 installation?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just checked mine. Can confirm that the loading screen takes much longer and I’ve lost the Dresden route. Boston Sprinter is still present. I think everything else is still available to me.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Mine show as purchased yes, only option for download is the PS4 version so I assume it knows the PS5 version already installed....just not appearing in game

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The stats for Dresden including medals have also disappeared. I had over 50 Gold medals yesterday, but today that’s down to 44 as the Dresden Gold medals have disappeared.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I updated my PS5 when I got home yesterday and for me everything works as previously. I'm playing the PS4 version on PS5 and all content is present and works as before. (except for the BR182 and Class 20 DLCs from the core upgrade)

7. DTG JD

Can I ask where in the world you're based, please?

8. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Dublin, Ireland.

I'd imagine I should more or less be the same as the UK PSN network, only EU prices.

9. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

Just for clarity: I have a problem only with the PS5 version. The PS4 version is working fine on my PS5.
    I'm based in The Netherlands.

10. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

I play the PS5 version, in the UK. I have all of the preserved collection plus IoW, Munchen Augsburg, Boston Sprinter and Nahverkehr Dresden. Having just updated my system software everything is present and correct.

11. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

UK PS5 version, I don’t have the PS4 version installed and the only DLC I am missing out of 30 is Dresden Riesa.

It shows as installed on my system but I also note that it does have a different UI logo to all the other DLC’s.

The game also took a significant amount of time to load compared to the usual.

12. Speedster43

Speedster43 New Member

Arosa Line is missing. I deleted it.

Today I have bought „Clinchfield“ and „LGV“ for the first time. I have downloaded these 2 and „Arosa Line“ too.
    After it was finished, PS5 says the DLCs are ready.
    In TSW2 (PS5) the DLCs does not work. But the store says: „installed“.

All other routes and locos I have ever bought are available, inclusive „Boston“ and „Dresden“ (season ticket).

Arosa Line, Clinchfield and LGV are missing…
    The first loading time is much longer, than before the system update.

13. gprili80

gprili80 Member

Just to be precise for my situation:

I play the PS5 version from the internal storage after the update
    I have all DLC available for TSW2 since the beginning (a lot of money :))
    I bought the season ticket for rush hour
    The game takes now a lot of time to load
    In the homepage I'm missing Boston Providence and Reisa Dresden (and all the stats done up until now for these two routes)
    I'm in Italy
    I also tried to uninstall and reinstall all game and dlc (90GB) and restore licenses without success

I hope the situation will be solved soon (I'm very worried about stats tracking for earning trophies in the savegame... for example Gold Medals, tracking of km/miles done... etc.)

14. TinTin_57

I haven't checked my stats yet but if they are gone too then is the save file corrupted? I really really hope not

• Like Like x 1
  15. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

When you say your stats for the missing routes is not showing, do you mean the option to view those routes in your progress page is missing or the stats have been zero'd? I can't see the routes in the player profile page, so I'm assuming (hoping?) that once this is resolved, they'll show up again with whatever XP, etc. I had already achieved.

Certainly my mastery unlocks for Dresden are still showing but then that's stored on DTG's server so shouldn't be affected.

• Like Like x 1
  16. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So updating my PS5 (I really didnt want to but hey ho).
    I have lost the following routes:-
    Dresden, West Somerset Railway and Tees Valley

Also the following Locomotive DLC The BR Class 31, Class 33 Class 20 Class 52

If you are not sure what you have lost then click the Store (usually the square button) If you look at the routes you own they will have a yellow / gold tick with a circle round it meaning they are installed. The ones that dont not have it are the ones that the PS5 says you dont have. Its the same with the locomotives as well.Usually these will be the first couple of routes/Locomotives you see with no ticks on them. If you click on either loco or route DLC it will go buy now (if you click buy now) it will take you to a screen saying its installed (greyed out). If it gives you the offer to buy siad route or loco DLC again, DON NOT BUY AGAIN!

Guess im going to have to wait until either DTG or Sony sort this out. It looks as though its some sort of validation problem. Hope this does not happen every time I have to update the PS5.

Currently restoring 1411 licences :/

Well that did diddly squat!

Regards

Hentis

17. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

it happens on both on consoles and Ssd Storage aswell I will email Sony to fine out what's happened

18. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

DTG Natster DTG JD Not sure if it's important, but I've spotted something odd on the PS mobile app (Android):

If you go into the game in the store part of the app (which I have linked to my PS5) and under About you select the Standard Edition (with PS5 badge) then go into the Add-Ons tab, they all correctly show as Purchased or with prices. Same with the Collector's version. However, if you go back to About and then select Deluxe as the version, still with the PS5 indicator, then go into Add-Ons, they all show with the PS4 Badge on. It's as though it's not sure that the Deluxe version is allowed to use the PS5 versions of the add-ons.

Are the people suffering from the missing routes issues those with the Deluxe Edition?

Standard-Selected.png Deluxe-Selected.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. gprili80

gprili80 Member

I mean the option to view those routes in your progress page is missing. Like matjamca said before my total gold medals and km/miles achieved is less than what was before when the game was able to "see" the now missing routes.

I hope too that once is resolved this data (if it's still in the savegame) will come back... for now I will not play until everything is solved...

I don't want to start the game from the beginning once again... (TSW, TSW2 and TSW2 PS5)

:(

20. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

Last night PlayStation 5 had a update to enable expandable storage to put in your M.2 SSD
    After the update on the Ps5 I went to play TSW2 on Ps5 version and I noticed that some of the DLC were missing even I got them installed
    All of my other Ps5 games are fine apart from TSW2
    Iv try deleting the game and reinstalling the game same thing
    Im missing

Riesa
    GWE
    ECBE&S
    DLOTGW

21. antony.henley

Well I have just checked the bomb site thats TSW PS4 version (4tb external drive on the PS5) and there's loads of routes and loco DLC I dont have* but I do have Dresden and Boston.

* I havent done the upgrade of TSW 2 on the PS4 from when it was upgraded to the latest version of unreal a few weeks ago.

Hentis

22. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Mmmm. I have the Deluxe Version. Maybe you're onto something.

• Like Like x 2
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

PS5 UK - My software updated yesterday and I had no issues but today on power up the database was rebuilt, so the update obviously hadn’t fully completed yesterday. Now I have the extra long loading time and Dresden is missing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. TinTin_57

I haven’t got the deluxe, just the standard.
    Also having rechecked it seems in addition to Boston and Dresden being missing I also am missing WSR

25. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

I have a funny feeling that save files are gonna be messed up

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  26. antony.henley

Make sure you've a back up save file in the PSN Cloud. Hopefully this might help.

Hentis

27. breblimator

breblimator Guest

source

28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The stats and medals are missing. It’s like the DLC doesn’t exist.

• Like Like x 1
  29. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Lets hope when the DLC issue is resolved, these will come back.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i have just gone to the PS store and checked Dresden and it says ive purchased it so i clicked on it it again and it says download. should i download it because it dosnt say but it

31. antony.henley

Give it a go. You can always cancel if it says buy.

DTG JD
    I have just re installed TSW2 (PS4 version) on the PS5 and everything is working there including the Dresden and Boston Routes.
    Still no joy with the PS5 version as Dresden, Tees Valley and West Somerset and associated loco DLC are still missing (but present on the HD).

Hentis

32. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

it was the PS 4 version so i cancelled it

33. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's worth holding off from downloading the new PS5 system software update then...

34. TinTin_57

Only issue there is you won't be able to go online for anything. I'd miss that as all my other stuff is working. I'm having a week (optimistic?) off TSW2 until this is fixed

• Like Like x 2
  35. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

if you are wondering what version it is
    21.02-04.00.00 Firmware this is PS5 only

36. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Mine says 21.02-04.00.00.42-00.00.00.0.1 (longest version number... eveerrrr!)

37. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Yep, same here though!! :D

38. DTG JD

Quick update: Sony engineers have asked for the PSNs of a few players who are experiencing issues - I've reached out to some of you in this thread so I can relay it over to them.

Please keep an eye on your DMs, and message me your PSN if you'd be happy passing it along.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Speedster43

Speedster43 New Member

Germany.
    Ingame Store says: on the pictures I see „GBP“ but when I click on it, everything is in german and in „Euro“ and all is already purchased and installed.

40. Goonerrob1104

Goonerrob1104 New Member

My psn is same as username on here

41. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Same as others. Missing Riesa, GWE, Oakville and DLOGWE

We should run a book on whats going to go wrong next on TSW running on Playstation platforms

I am going for spontaneous combustion

42. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

My PSN is also the same as my username on here.

43. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

The only route I'm missing is Dresden it seems, on the playstation store it says installed.
    My psn username in healdan

44. benuildo

benuildo Member

Unfortunately my PS5 updated automaticaly. :(
    Maybe whitch routes you loose depends on the other dlc you own. I own all dlc except Cane Creek and Rhein Ruhr Osten. I'm missing Dresden only.

My psn name is benuildo

45. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

Are people definitely sure they have the PS5 version of the add ins installed?

I only ask as when I went to download Dresden on launch day it started downloading the PS4 version despite me playing PS5 native edition. I cancelled and went in to get the PS5 version of the DLC instead.

im on the PS5 native edition and have access to everything I own still including both rush hour expansions; on the new system update, and was previously on the beta software

46. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t think the save file is corrupted as it still has all my other progress. It’s more like the stats have gone for Dresden because the game can’t see the DLC - which must still be on the console (I haven’t deleted it). Hopefully once the issue is fixed, the game will just see all the stats as normal. I hope I don’t have to start again.

• Like Like x 2
  47. benuildo

benuildo Member

Yes, because it worked 2 days ago.

48. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

UK ps5 player, I am missing just the rush hour routes I believe. Tsw only seems to be affected

49. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I have not updated ps5 so far and I confirm that I can still play all games online.

50. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

Yes, get that it was working, but is it the ps5 version you have installed in your Add on list and not the PS4 version in error?

my ps5 version of Dresden is 6.26gb file size… is that what you have? The PS4 version is larger I think.

might be something different, just strange that some ps5 game versions would work and not others on the same software / same game version