Dresden Timetable Feedback - Request

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Matt, Sep 12, 2021.

1. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

Just to update, the 18:45 RE50 service runs fine if you start from the timetable menu, so the issue seems to arise from taking over a service.

2. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I believe this was how services used to start on older routes. They would usually have 2 min of setting up time before the acual timetable strts, thus your on time.
    I would presume that this was changed due to the route along with Boston Sprinter being "Rush Hour" solely based.
    But I'm sure this change can happen. DTG did this on a lot of the older TSW 1 routes.

3. heliq

heliq Active Member

S1 Cosvig-Dresden When you start, you find yourself on your feet, at another station, the game does not sit in the locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

No specific service, but I want to echo what others said regarding the BR 182 as an AI substitution.
    It can not open doors on its own and thus the train will block some signal blocks as well as the station it spawned in.
    I was only able to finish my talent 2 service by operating the 182 doors via the floating camera for 3 stops until it passed me.
    I will unfortunately have to uninstall the Loco dlc until this is resolved.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

As expected I did run this service again after activating the layers (started a service, back to menu and restarted again) and everything went smoothly
    Screenshot_20210914-110128_Gallery.jpg
    So you might want to take a look at fixing this, as it seems to have far reaching implications.

I can't prove my previous run wasn't a cosmic ray flipping a bit, or a BR182 not being able to close the doors, but so far I got stuck at a red twice (both times I hadn't activated the layers) and both times everything went fine if I restarted so... if it happens twice the odds of being external influence goes down.

Later I will restart the xbox and the game and run it again, if I get stuck, then it has to be the missing layers.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  6. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

This is the last eastbound S2 service, departing at 23:01 from Dresden-Neustadt in BR 143.

In Dresden Hbf you have to pull into the westbound platform and unload all passengers, while the description says it should go to Pirna. Maybe the description is wrong but my problem is, you get a weird score after unloading. I was on time and stopped on the marker, but only got 166 points instead of a normal 500.

Don't know how other services are like though.

7. Nightraven

Nightraven New Member

Here is a list of services (chosen from the timetable) that spawns you on foot instead of the cab. Playing on PC, Steam platform.

DB br 363
    1. Freight Riesa - Chemical plant 09.16
    2. Nunchritz Chemical Plant Shunter 09.32
    3. Freight Chemical Plant - Riesa 09.38

DB br 146.2
    1. S1 Coswig - Dresden 07.03
    2. S1 Coswig - Dresden 07.31
    3. S1 Coswig - Dresden 19.03
    4. S1 Coswig - Dresden 20.10

DB br 143
    1. S1 Coswig - Dresden 07.16

I will update this if I find more.

• Like Like x 2
  8. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Platform: Xbox one
    September
    Light rain, clouds at max
    Spawned on foot at Dresden Hbf at 8:15

I was waiting for the 08:19 ICE. I went onto all the raised platforms but non of the pis showed the ICE service. After reloading back in with same weather and month but this time at 08:10 the service did appear on PIS. However, just as the service began and I'd say in my seat (as a passenger) I got the memory error message.

9. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Just a little update on this one: I was running some ICE services today (the third and fourth services in the list), and they were fine, routed through the northern track towards Dresden Hbf and through the middle of the 5 tracks towards Dresden Neustadt. That leaves the freight trains (I haven't driven them yet, just seen them waiting to pass this section, assuming they are stuck because of wrong routing) and definitively RE services that need some attention :)

10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Preparation times +1
    More detailed freight services descriptions in the menu +1

• Like Like x 6
  11. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Platform: Steam
    Loco / Cab: BR 442
    Weather Settings: [Default]
    Service Name / Time : RE15 Hoyerswerda - Dresden HBF 07:26
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Beginning
    Detail of Issue: Train isn't fully at the platform, even first door isn't at the platform.

20210914175022_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Agreed on the detailed freight services, the plant is the perfect opportunity to combine some shunt and freight like rsn or spg

• Like Like x 2
  13. ILied

ILied Active Member

The 2 unit Talent 2 are subbing in for the 5 car which aren’t in the game. Platform won’t be long enough.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Nah there is more than enough space left at the platform. An I'm pretty sure RE 15/18 is 3+3 in reality too. The 5 cars are on the RE 50.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Loco / Cab: BR 146
    Service Name / Time : S1 Coswig - Dresden 16:11
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 16:25
    Detail of Issue: Have to wait at red signal for RE 50 which makes the S1 delayed at the next stop (Dresden-Trachau) by at least a minute. May be a smaller problem when not using PZB.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Service Name / Time : RE15 Dresden Hbf - Hoyerswerda 07:51
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 07:56
    Detail of Issue: Have to wait at red signal for other BR 442 which makes the RE15 delayed at the next stop (Dresden-Neustadt) by at least a minute. PZB restrictive mode intensifies the delay. I think the RE15 could take a later switch to get at the designated track. The one it takes directly after Dresden-Mitte maybe is too early.

The signal switched to green a few seconds before taking the screenshot.
    20210914215721_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

"We have beta testers" - LuL
    These are the people like NordrheinPlay, they watch the game for three hours to make episodes, but nothing more.
    Instead of using real simulation players.

• Like Like x 2
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Except they aren't the real timetables. They start with RL departure times, but then from that point base it on auto-running the system with AI trains which for various reasons are always faster than one can drive a player train.

IF DTG were to use RL departure and arrival times, it would be a good first step. But as it stands, AI trains don't use RL arrival times; rather, arrivals are based on an AI train programmed to accelerate to posted line speed (ignoring PZB/ACES limits) faster than a player train can, and then brake into stations with neck-breaking force.

• Like Like x 5
  19. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It almost seems that DTG specify the start time, and then let the computer work out the rest. Arosa is the worst example, as it's near impossible to be on time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Task

Task Well-Known Member

As far as I know that‘s exactly how it’s done at the moment. This is especially bad when you use safety systems. But you also don’t have some extra time between stations to catch up some delays. It’s most ridiculous on HRR with the BR 101 layer but it’s also pretty bad on HBK and DRA.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

They should do the start, end and intermediate stops based on the factual timetable. Letting the computer work it out based on AI train times is never going to work. AI trains don’t properly obey the rules - especially safety systems.

• Like Like x 5
  22. Cramnor

And train specific speed limits, like 160 for the Talent 2 on SKA. Additionally, they also don't follow speed restrictions from signals coming into stations for example, only the track limits.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Lol. Just tried this one; there is indeed a pretty long section of track without catenary and the loco wouldn't apply power in it. However, I was able to just coast through the section without losing too much speed.
    According to openrailwaymap.org the track should actually be electrified, however it's not a 100% reliable source as it's community-maintained.

• Like Like x 4
  24. _kuerbis

_kuerbis New Member

Having worked in Dresden Altstadt (in TSW labelled as "Depot") before, I can confirm that there is in fact no overhead cantenary on this specific track (357). All electric vehicles are using both the tracks below the bridge (351/103, 352/104) and the track going over the bridge (358/58). Also one minor adittion: All services from Altstadt to Hbf and back are being moved as shunting services, meaning: the HL signals should not be displaying a clear aspect but rather Ra12, "shunting permitted".

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  25. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Some tiny details from me.
    BR 101, IC service "Dresden-Koeln", 7:24.

There is an error in description. You ride it from Riesa to Dresden, so it's a Koeln-Dresden service, not the other way round. This applies to more of those.

Secondly, the stopping point at Dresden Hbf is very wrong, it told me to stop in the middle of the platform, where two last coaches were not aligned with platforms yet.

The service otherwise worked as expected, beyond ridiculously short setup time (but it seems to be by design, although I'd love this to be changed).
    upload_2021-9-15_19-37-9.png

Attached Files:

26. solicitr

All the IC listings have that problem: the prose titles put Dresden first. The maps however are correct- just look where the start marker is placed.

• Like Like x 2
  27. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Now I found something more.

RB31 Coswig-Grossenhein, September, partly cloudy, departure at 19:30.
    Except I can't depart due to a red signal. There is a green signal on Bahnsteig 2. Next depature from there is RE50 at 19:33. Which arrives a bit late too, departing 19:35. My signal cleared at 19:36.
    Now it does makes sense for RB to give way to an RE, and also the scheduled arrival time in Weinboehla (19:41, which I made) suggests it's actually expected to happen like this, but then if the RB is just sitting at a platform at Coswig by design, then scheduled departure time from said platform should reflect this. While I enjoyed the railfanning it would be realistic to think that if the longer stop at the platform is by design, the scheduled departure time reflects that, instead of forcing the passengers to arrive 6 minutes early.

• Like Like x 4
  28. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

You'll never see me advocating for that. Like I said, I want the timetables to be based on reality and the AI trains to behave realistically.

• Like Like x 1
  29. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Date : [Month]
    Service Name / Time : RE18 Cottbus - Dresden / 18:27
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : on the beginning
    Detail of Issue: spawned on foot, far away from the train
    Link to a video: in Journey / in Timetable

30. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I have to add my 2 cents on all passenger timetable modes and the current method of calculating arrival times - As pointed out - it seems the RL departure time is used for the beginning of the journey and Max track speed as used by AI determined the rest of the arrival departure times for that run making realistic driving with safety systems difficult to stay on schedule. Most of these timetable arrivals are so bad, that I ignore the schedule and drive the signals. DTG must be aware of this problem since on all but a very few runs -- even being minutes late they still award the silly gold medal.

This situation causes the simulation to be cast in a dim light since the achievement gatherers and medal seekers start screaming about bugs and such if they can not arrive on time when hit with adverse traffic or safety system slow downs as happen in real life. Adding to the frustration is the set dwell times in a station when running late - on most commuter rails I have ridden in the US - if the train is running behind the schedule - the engineer will watch and as soon as loading is complete with close the doors instead of waiting a set amount of time thus allowing an opportunity to regain some lost time - again an impossibility in this simulation.

Because of these situations in the passenger timetables I , for one, totally ignore the schedule. this plus additional set-up times so check the locomotives configuration would be nice and more realistic as well.

• Like Like x 3
  31. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Regarding the autogenerated times this seems to be an issue isolated to DRA because I have not seen it before (maybe HBK had it, can't remember).

I would also like the variable dwelling times like you described. Maybe a minimum time that is half or 2/3 of the normal dwelling time and if you are running late only the minimum time is used.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Cramnor

Loco / Cab: BR442
    Weather Settings: Default
    Date : December
    Service Name / Time : RE15 05:51 to Hoyerswerda
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 5 minutes
    Detail of Issue: The train is stuck at a red signal at DD Mitte (I arrived at 5:54:39) for about 5-6 minutes, waiting for an oncoming, stationary train at DD Neustadt to pass the track the player train wants to enter. The train only starts moving way after the player train is supposed to arrive at DD Neustadt, hence it delays the player train quite significantly. Should be solved if the trains are not all routed through the same track between the two stations.

33. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think I did a quick check for SKA some time ago (not much after it was released), and I seem to remember the departure and arrival time are correct, but they give you more time to arrive at the intermediate stops... not sure why.

The real timetable should always be used, I agree, and if the rest of the simulation is accurate enough it won't cause problem.

However knowing that (for example) AI trains only care about the max line speed this will cause a lot of problems, especially stuff like the MBTA runs, BR143 runs and Freight which will end up where it's not supposed to be.

This togheter with bad pathfinding for the signalled are the biggest problems IMO. Delays and slow-downs are always welcome to spice up the game, but waiting 30/80 seconds at station for a red signal which will let you depart after the arrival time at the next station is not ideal imo.

The SEHS timetable is much better, still impossible to stay on time, but very fun to run with plenty of restrictive signals.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Cramnor

Loco / Cab: BR442
    Weather Settings:Cloudy
    Date : October
    Service Name / Time : RE50 09:45 to Dresden
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 5 mins
    Detail of Issue: The arrival time at Glaubitz and all subsequent stations is far too late, I arrived 6 minutes before schedule at Glaubitz.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  35. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Loco: 146.2
    Weather: Light Rain
    Date: November
    Service Name: S! Coswig - Dresden Hbf 05:29
    Issue occurred: Right at the start
    Detail of Issue: Train sets itself up automatically without player can take any control, operate the doors automatically on the whole run.
    Video:

36. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

I experienced the same thing with a 143 or 112, although, but unfortunately I have not noted the details down. Ended up in me being unable to control the brake (only emergency brake worked), so I reloaded the whole thing.

That case was in Journey mode though.

37. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Couldn't complete timetable service as follows.

7.26 Hoyerswerda - Dresden Hbf.
    Arrival meant to be 8.01.
    Talent 2
    Rain storm in September
    PlayStation 5

Cannot enter Dresden HBF Station as stopped 0.6m away by red light at 8.00. Red light doesn't change at all. There appears to be another train at my platform that doesn't move so its impossible to complete the service.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  38. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Platform: Steam (PC)
    Loco / Cab: DB BR 363
    Weather Settings: Default
    Date : September
    Service Name / Time :Freight Chemical Plant - Riesa / 8:49
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : As soon as you start.
    Detail of Issue:

In this scenario we are supposed to go to Riesa and couple with the wagons marked with a blue arrow in the picture below, so they can be taken to the chemical plant. That is correct.

The problem is that the wagons marked with a red arrow should NOT be in Riesa. They should be in the chemical plant (because that is what we did in the previous services).

Wagons out of place.jpg

It also comes to my attention that there are no services in the timetable that move the wagons back from the chemical plant to Riesa. From what I understood in the "how we make services" stream, all moving stock should be back at the start positions when the day changes for the scheduler / dispatcher to work correctly.

PS: Added the service start time above (sorry, it was late and somehow forgot to write it yesterday).

• Like Like x 1
  39. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Loco / Cab: 766.2
    Date : [Month]
    Service Name / Time : RE50 Leipzig - Dresden / 7:45
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : when approaching Radebeul Ost
    Detail of Issue: permanent traffic jam

I'm stuck on red. After ~30 minutes of waiting, I stopped the service.
    Earlier, I had a SPAD. I have loaded a saved game. File in attachment.
    // The potentially corrupted save game was later overwritten while waiting for the signal to change. BR o7

Link to a video: in Journey / not checked in Timetable

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  40. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The second attempt is OK.

1. No save-game load this time.
    2. I am on time at all stations. The corrupted run I was 0.5~1 minute late.

Maybe the AI dispatcher is not so good at improvising / prioritizing trains?

I barely remember% but for the first time, when sitting on that red, perhaps there was no IC train passing on the right. It drove through, in the second attempt. Maybe 101 layer causes potential issues. Just speculating \o/ BR o7

PS save-game file from a successful run in attachment

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2021
  41. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

AI Dispatcher can't prioritise, there is just a "bow wave" ahead of the train, if one is further ahead on the line than the other that will get prioritised.

Back on topic, I've had a lot of instances of bugged timetable which I wasn't able to reproduce. I'm convinced a pretty big part is making sure all the trains are there by starting a service, going back and restarting, also there is the known (by the players, not DTG) bug where if a train is hauled by a 182 is stuck.

• Like Like x 1
  42. solicitr

That's partially true, but for example in HRR the dispatcher definitely is programmed to put freight priority below passenger. And I believe that in GWE it prioritizes according to headcode.

43. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

There are some cases where it can, but DTG said it's very limited, because it's absolute, not relative (so you can say the X:XX Y service is ahead of the X:XX Z service), but, (unless the system is different than when Matt explained it) you can't say this train is an IC so it has priority over the freight (obvious in BRD, when there is the traffic jam at Dresden Mitte, it's generally a coin toss wether the Freight or the IC goes first when both are backed up behind the RE to Cottbus).

I think the reason why freight in HRR feels different is just because it was an afterthought, and there the signalled doesn't really have to prioritise (probably the only prioritisation is right at the start - where absolute vs relative is not a problem), the rest of the journey is just stay behind another train, and if fact the BR101 does give way to freight in HRR.

I have no idea about GWE, it might be so old that the whole timetable there might be just "set in stone" where all interaction between trains are pre-programmed. Like a big and long TS service.

44. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Hi,
    love that thread. Really like that you want to work on the schedule for that lovely route a little bit more, will make it even better.

Some things I noticed but aren't connected to one specific service, but I thought I mention them in here as well:

RB 31/ RE15/18:
    In reallife the RB 31 coming into Dresden Hbf will change the line and become a RE15 or RE 18 (depends on the hour, since RE 15 and RE 18 only run every 2 hours) and the RE15 or RE 18 train will become the next RB 31. This is done to not have the RE 18 for example sitting in Dresden Hbf for more than one hour.

For the shunting in Weißig/Nünchritz:
    The real shunter from Wacker chemical plant is not allowed to drive on the mainline (I know, your substitute 363 would be allowed).
    In reality an electrical loco from DB Cargo brings a rake of tanker cars (from Rotterdam btw) into the small freight yard "Weißig".
    Then uncouples and the small shunter then collects the loaded tankers to bring them into the chemical plant.
    In the other direction the yard "Weißig" is also used to change the cars from the diesel loco to the electric loco to bring them to Rotterdam
    (GAGC 47760 if anybody wants to know ;) )
    Additionally sometimes some more freight cars are coming in from Riesa with a short distance freight service hauled by a BR 261
    These freight cars come into Riesa with manifest services (for example from Halle/Saale). Just in case you would like to bring Riesa Rbf to life :D

Further interesting freight could be:
    Tanker train from/to Coswig: In Coswig some tanker trains change the power (electric<=>diesel). What is special?
    1: The electric freight runs from Stendell to Coswig, means it has to use Großenhain branch (you can't reach Coswig from Berlin-Dresden mainline)
    2: Loco change/ uncoupling in Coswig. The tanker cars later get hauled by a mainline diesel (sadly missing) via Meißen to Nossen (maybe just park the cars in Coswig or wait until a BR 232 layer is possible)

I know a lot is unlikely, but if you need/want more informations about realistic services on the route, you can always contact me DTG

Greetings
    Higgybaby90

• Like Like x 7
  45. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Absolutely love the idea of adding more freight variations. Not sure DTG will add anything else then A to B freight stuff, however, would also like to some more shunting. Also variety of Waggons at Weissig would be nice. Tank Waggons are to my knowledge only loaded when arriving at Wacker plant. Stuff leaving should be over seas containers…

• Like Like x 1
  46. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Yes, incoming loaded tankers mostly
    Outgoing loaded Containers or covered hoppers (although not much is outgoing with train, mostly trucks)

The factory mostly produces polycrystalline silicon for the solar industry, which is delivered as "chunks"

If anybody wants to read about the factory: Nünchritz, Germany - Wacker Chemie AG

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  47. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

RSN is still the only really good german freight route IMO, and the integration of the BR363 was much better than what they've done in BRD.

Also the services where you have some shunting in the middle of the Hagen-Finnentrop services and get fed back behind an RE are so good.

It's a shame reading about all the stuff happening in BRD which is being left out or simplified... yet another missed opportunity.

Maybe we can convince TSG to release the 232 for BRD, and add the services to the Meißen branch

• Like Like x 5
  48. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Hell yeah

• Like Like x 2
  49. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I completely agree, the 363 services are quite uninspired. Only making it run on the mainline (with a short jump to the plant and no actual shunting) is neither very fun nor very realistic. Integration with other freight services is part of why the RSN 363 service mode is great and the same could have been done here. It's also sad that the Riesa steelworks aren't built up enough for some services.
    With how simply the current timetable is built, it could have easily been just a layer from RSN. I suggest everyone who liked the loco to get its original dlc, it's much more fun.

• Like Like x 4
  50. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

The last three services on the 363 spawns you at foot so you cant, it includes the 9:16, the 9:32 and the the 9:38 services.