After Updating Ps5 System Software: New Routes Not Visible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by appleerwin, Sep 15, 2021.

1. benuildo

benuildo Member

Yes it is the ps5 version and it has the same filesize as yours.

Anyways the ps5 version of the game is not able to run the ps4 version of a dlc and was not able 2 days ago.

But who knows. Strange things happen. ;)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

My ps5 version of tsw was working fine from day one. The routes are there on the ps5 HD its just not being recognised. The psn store says its installed and there is no option to delete and re download with me. Even when it gives me the option to buy it just goes to a greyed out installed button.
    Yes this was all the PS5 version of the routes I downloaded as well.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  3. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Please keep us informed DTG of any progress with Sony. As above it states the missing dlc is installed just not visible on the UI menu. Jeez I was so looking fwd to this Summer and now....... What else can go wrong.

• Like Like x 4
  4. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

I am missing dresden but have the others people seem to lack including west somerset. dresden is in my library with the "colourful" icon, everyhing else has the black and white ts2 icon. the store initially showed dresden as "purchased" and allowed me to "download" again now it says "installed" but its not in the game. PS5 - with only that version installed, I removed the PS4 version in case it was interfering.

Others have noted that the game takes longer to load - I get that too - but I get that with other PS5 games as well (specifically watchdogs legion) so wonder if the firmware that enabled the second SSD slot has slowed down the reading of the original, and is nothing to do with the current issues with TSW2.

5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I can't help feeling there's complication with the ps4 version going on here.

Before these problems, when I downloaded Dresden for the first time it downloaded the ps4 version. I was totally unaware and went to the game (ps5 version) to start playing only to see it wasn't there. Came out and found another Dresden file downloading (smaller and unannounced) this was the ps5 version. After that, started up again and Dresden was present as expected. I deleted the ps4 version file because I no longer have the ps4 tsw version installed.
    The icons for both the files were as described: one is colourful the other is the plain TSW2 icon.

Not pointing fault at anyone here, but is it possible that
    a) the Sony update has mislabeled ps5 files as ps4,
    b) the ps4 files were operating inside the ps5 version by mistake from the get go and now they are forcibly separated (they are both 4.26 just texture detail differences afaik)

I think it's worth noting that in the store dlc are marked with a "ps4/ps5" logo and you click the one single icon to download either version of the dlc. As we have all used the ps4 version before the ps4 version will download bundled with the ps5 version whether we have the ps4 version of the game installed or not.
    It's only after the dlc are downloaded that we see them as separate icons. In store they are one and the same and marked as such.

Guesses only. But I'm puzzled by the sudden longer loading times being described, as that is a by-product of a ps4 file being called upon in its own section of the SSD, so it got me thinking.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  6. bwlyons

bwlyons New Member

I did a full PS5 restore and reinstalled everything from the cloud and still missing the newest Rush Hour DLC. Loading times take forever now compares to how it was before the PS5 update. I'm based in the US - PSN Blyons2000. Following for updates

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

My PSN isThomas Ham

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

When downloading the PS5 versions of Boston Sprinter & Dresden the PS4 version also tried to download, but I cancelled those downloads. None of the other DLC did this when downloading the PS5 versions. I have no PS4 TSW content on my PS5 and have only lost the Dresden route. Though I haven’t installed all the loco DLC I own as I wanted to complete each routes base scenarios to get the trophies before adding more scenarios through the loco DLC’s.

• Like Like x 1
  9. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

Just as a reference, for me with the PS5 version working and nothing missing, I’m not seeing any deterioration of the load times… still a couple of seconds to get into the menu from a cold start, then 8.73s to load Dresden and 7.23s to get into Cathcart.

so hopefully once this glitch is resolved for those experiencing it, it will improve the load speeds back to where they were.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

WSR, Dresden and Cane Creek all missing plus probably some locos but cannot fully check.

PS5 in uk and user name is phillipgoodphill

11. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

It's strange isn't it that WSR is coming up for many of us which is a very old route. Makes you wonder if it is in some way linked to the fact that it has recently been updated. Who knows though, we will have to wait. Hopefully there is some official update before the weekend

• Like Like x 2
  12. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If it helps for them to have a comparison, mine seems to be still working perfectly. The only issue I have is the 101 not appearing in Dresden, but I think that's a separate issue.

I'm in the UK, have only the PS5 version installed on PS5 and I noticed that in my "Manage Content" list, the DLC all has the plain logo except for Dresden (it works ok though - I'm driving the Talent as I type). Same as SurreyChuff, I'm not experiencing any additional delays and don't appear to have lost anything.

20210917092126.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Yeah, that's the bit I'm struggling to get my head round, whereas Dresden seems to be a common issue for a lot of us, there's no consistency with the issues on other routes. West Somerset is a problem for you, works fine for me. I have an issue with Oakfield, do you? Cane Creek seems to affect a lot of us too.

It's those of us not encountering any issues, even the increased loading times, that are a real head scratcher, though. :|

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Factor41

The PS5 version launch coincided with my PS5 arriving so I've literally never had any PS4 content on the console - I wonder if that has had an effect since there's nothing on there that could inadvertently trigger a PS4 DLC download by mistake. It is baffling, but the little inconsistencies – like the thing with the store that I mentioned earlier (post #68) – suggest that something has gone awry with the cross-gen file handling.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

The increased loading times, a couple of possibilities -
    1. Sony have slowed down the speed data can be read from the SSD;
    2. TSW2 is looking for DLC, sees all the DLC as expected but then, after a couple of attempts to access it, results in a fail state.
    Hopefully, if possibility 2 is closer to the mark, resolving the issue with the missing DLC will resolve the issue with the increased load times.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Speedster43

Speedster43 New Member

Attached Files:

17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I can’t see why Sony would hobble the internal SSD speed. It was a major feature point of the new console.

• Like Like x 3
  18. gprili80

gprili80 Member

I'm pretty sure is option 2...

• Like Like x 2
  19. surreychuff#3060

The speed hasn’t been slowed; it’s as fast as it was before for anyone not experiencing this specific issue

• Like Like x 2
  20. Goonerrob1104

Goonerrob1104 New Member

Yeah all my other games load as fast as they did before update it's just tsw 2 that is slower

• Like Like x 1
  21. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

I've noticed after the update on Ps5 increased loading times on TSW2 I have every dlc except for cane creek I'm missing the German route Riesa Dresden

• Like Like x 2
  22. cstrachers

cstrachers New Member

Scotrail156467 i am the same as you mate. Missing Riesa Dresden all my other routes are available.

• Like Like x 2
  23. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Did notice slower loading in other games such as "The Medium" but that's just had a small update that seems to rectify this. Hopefully that's a sign that there's an easy remedy and DTG can get it implemented.

24. benuildo

benuildo Member

I deleted Riesa-Dresden route. After that the loading time is faster again. I would say as fast as before.
    So it might have something to do with this route.

Now I'm downloading again.

25. TinTin_57

I know how the PS4 folks felt now after the UE upgrade the other week!

• Like Like x 1
  26. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks.

Quick update: we've sent a selection of PSNs to Sony, and they're investigating the cause of the issue. As soon as I hear more, I'll let you know - but I'm not sure if much progress will be made over the weekend.

• Like Like x 4
  27. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Just tried to see if Dresden would work after deleting It then reinstall it it still does not appear. Playstation store says installed but on the in game store say buy now wich I not going to do of course

28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thanks for the update :)

29. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m the same though. Never had PS4 content on the PS5 but Dresden has gone AWOL after the system update and the database rebuilding. PS4 duplicates of DLC have been added to my downloads at the same time the PS5 ones were but I’ve always cancelled them before they started downloading. It’s all very odd. My update and database rebuild happened on consecutive days and before the database rebuilt I still had access to Dresden. It’s a right pickle.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

From my strictly speculative position, based on what happened and when, it appears to be a database issue. When the database was updated, the connection to Dresden has either been mis-filed or lost so the game cannot see it. I can’t explain why some are having problems with more than Dresden though. That seems very hit and miss.

• Like Like x 2
  31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

We’ll just have to let the boffins at Sony sort it out.

• Like Like x 2
  32. benuildo

benuildo Member

After deleting and redownloading Riesa-Dresden I have now this installing massage on the screen. But nothing more happens.
    20210917_200711.jpg 20210917_200555.jpg
    Strangely enough the ingame store is empty now. The loading time now is very slow again. So if you delete the Dresden route at least the loading is fast. ;)

Maybe interresting DTG Natster

• Like Like x 4
  33. benuildo

benuildo Member

New Clue. DTG Natster DTG JD

I had all my add ons installed. Riesa-Dresden route was the only one not showing in game. Now I deleted Boston-Providence and Dresden reappeared in the game. Loading the game is also fast.
    So you can switch between these two routes by deleting the other one. Strange. Seems that it depends on the combination of installed routes or the installation order.
    20210917_230436.jpg

Route progress is still there, by the way ;)

• Like Like x 4
  34. Stephen Crofts

So potentially an issue related to the season ticket permissions?
    But then some folks are missing wsr too.

35. cunnah#2838

cunnah#2838 New Member

So I tried Benuildo's suggestion, I deleted Boston Providence and re downloaded Riesa. This has brought back Clinchfield and Oakville but still no Riesa. If I download Boston I get Boston but lose Clinchfield and Oakville although which ever way I do it I still have slow loading times.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. benuildo

benuildo Member

When I redownload Boston-Providence, Riesa-Dresden is gone again.
    Maybe there is another route that causes problems.
    The only routes I do not own is Cane Creek and Rhein-Ruhr Osten. Do you have one of them or both? Try to delete them one by one.

I think you will have slow loading times, as long as not every installed route is showing up in the game.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  37. surreychuff#3060

Just seen a new thread started in the forum where someone has found adding routes you own to your library via the PS app restores routes you own on the in game store. (shows as free when you add them, ding pay for anything).

does this work at all in fixing this issue for people?

38. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

I played around a little bit with this idea.
    So I am missing the rush hour routes and Somerset & locos. I have all the routes/locos installed. I removed Clinchfield, Cane creek and Boston. After this: Dresden was visible and playable again. Adding Boston: Boston became visible but Dresden not. Removing Boston again: Dresden visible (and Somerset). Adding Clinchfield next: Dresden is gone but Somerset is still there. Removing Clinchfield: Dresden is back.

So the presence of the rush hour routes depend on the presence of certain other routes. For now I keep Clinchfield uninstalled, in order to play with Dresden. Not ideal, but at least we can play with it .

• Like Like x 1
  39. cunnah#2838

cunnah#2838 New Member

So after speaking to someone on the train simulator Community page on Facebook it seems the ps5 can only show 23 routes on the main screen, as I have all the routes I deleted a few and heypresto Riesa showed up again now downloading Boston will let you know what happens.

• Like Like x 3
  40. cunnah#2838

cunnah#2838 New Member

Further update now have both rush hour routes back.

• Like Like x 2
  41. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Mmmm. Following on from this, I removed Clinchfield and one of my missing routes (Oakville Subdivision) popped up. I hadn't been having issues with Clinchfield but you gave me an idea.

So I deleted the Arosa Line - and Cane Creek popped up!!

Is it a capacity issue, TSW2 can only handle so many routes now?

Deleted NTP, still no Dresden, so it's not the number of routes that's the issue.
    Deleted Pennisula Corridor (coz NTP & Pen Corridoe approx same size as Dresden) - Dresden reappears!! (and the loading issue also seems resolved).

Not a solution but may indicate the problem.

42. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t think I own 23 routes, but no Riesa on my PS5. It was there before the PS5 update, gone after.

43. TinTin_57

So West Somerset is the oldest route outside of those that came with the standard game…..the first DLC PlayStation. So does that mean, if I understand the above correctly, that if Brighton was now added it would push RSN out of the list as it’s the next oldest? If so that’s a big problem

• Like Like x 1
  44. cunnah#2838

cunnah#2838 New Member

Just redownloaded Oakville and that has shown up so that's now 23 routes think I'll stop there for the time being.

45. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

I don’t think it is only related to the number of visible routes. Because then I should be able to see Boston and Dresden next to each other. Until now I’m not able to.
    I was hoping that filtering the routes on the main page might help. For instance only show the DB routes. Unfortunately this doesn’t help.
    Anyway I think we might be onto something.

46. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Dresden is certainly the biggest route in terms of file size, with Boston a fairly close second. Since Dresden is quite the common factor for those of us having issues, you might be right, although maybe TSW just loads the smallest routes first.

For the meantime, I'll stick to my 23 favourite routes. :D

47. Stephen Crofts

if it is a capacity issue, why is it ps5 affected and not ps4.... surely the OS architecture is not so different between the generations.
    And it seems a bit odd that an OS upgrade should degrade TSWs DLC capacity, because before the upgrade there was no issue like this.

48. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve just counted my routes.

I have 24 including Dresden. Only 23 are shown on the route select screen (Dresden is missing).

So, it could be down to the fact only 23 routes can be shown, but that doesn’t explain how it was showing properly before the PS5 update.

• Like Like x 1
  49. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Since Dresden was released I have had all the routes installed and shown for the PS5. So no idea where they got that misleading bit of news from.

Hentis

50. Factor41

I can't test this as I only own 19, but assume not everyone experiencing the problem owns that many DLC (even if some people with that many are not experiencing it?) - anyone only own a few and still missing Dresden?

• Like Like x 1