Computer Stick

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coastway trainspotter, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Hi everyone ,

I play on Xbox atm , and I am upgrading to series x soon , but at some point I would like to be able to play TS . I can’t afford a gaming pc , but I have heard of a ‘computer stick’ , which has lots of features of a pc , and it is a lot cheaper . I’m not sure if it could run TS , so any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

2. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Probably not I'm afraid - they are very low end systems usually designed as 'thin clients' for office use or video streaming. They don't really have the horsepower to do any 3D rendering like a game would require.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You would not be able to play TS2022 on an XBox - you need a Laptop or a Desktop

4. Coastway trainspotter

I didn’t say I would play it on Xbox

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And I never said you would - I was pointing out something you might not have known.

Sorry for trying to help you - I won't make that mistake again

6. Coastway trainspotter

I appreciate help , but I just got the impression that you thought I didn’t know what I was talking about . I do know that you can only play TS on steam . Apologies for the misunderstanding

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes you need Steam installed to play any game and you could play TSW2 on the Xbox - you may already do that.
    The point I was trying to make is the requirement to own a Desktop or Laptop computer running Windows to run TS2022.
    Minimum for 32-bit:
    • OS: 32-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 8.1 or 10 Required (Other OS versions and types are not supported)
    • Processor: Intel Core-i3 4330 3.50 GHz Dual Core or AMD A8 6600K 3.90 GHz Quad Core or Better
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Graphics with 1 GB Dedicated VRAM or Better
    • DirectX®: 9.0c
    • Network: Broadband Connection (May incur additional costs for use)
    • Storage: 40 GB or more available space (Additional Add-Ons will require more)
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Audio Device

8. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Would probably be best to include your budget - I'd say used may be a good bet as TS Classic is an old game so will run OK on an older system.

That said now isn't really the best time to get into PC gaming as silicon shortages and Crypto Mining hype have driven up prices over the last year or so - if you are happy to wait a while things will hopefully settle.