La Metro

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Sep 18, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Today, I am suggesting the LA Metro for TSW 2.

More information can be found in this video.

Key:
    (LR) = Light Rail - Trams
    (HR) = Heavy Rail - Subways

The LA Metro is a Transportation System in the LA County Area. It consists of 3 Modes of transport: Light Rail, Subway, and Bus. With the game being ‘Train Sim World’, I’ll only be focusing on the Rail modes of transport. The System has 6 Lines, with the A (LR), B (HR), C (LR), D (HR), E (LR), and L (LR) lines. I’ll mostly be talking about the B, D, E, and L Lines.

[​IMG]
    The LA Metro Rail Map

Subway Lines

The B/D Lines, the only two subway lines in Los Angeles, are the two least used forms of rail transport in the city.

They include a total of 16 Stations (14 on the B Line), (8 on the D Line), with them running a mostly combined route, with the D Line having only 2 Stations exclusively used by it. Currently, there is a massive expansion project underway to extend the Purple (D Line) a further 7 Stations to the West, and I think that it would benefit the route a lot if these new stations were included.

Light Rail Lines

The E/L Lines are arguably the most interesting lines in the LA Metro System. They are both Light Rail Lines, and if they were created for TSW, it would not only bring the game to a whole new city, but it would also add a new type of route to the game, adding a street-running Tram Line.

The L (Gold Line) runs along the Median of the 210 Freeway in certain sections, and the E (Expo Line) runs along the Streets of Santa Monica and would allow for some nice picturesque settings and pictures.

I think that all 4 of these lines could be added to the game. It would be a combined route length of about 50/60 Miles and would include a nice variety of services, trains, and scenery.

Rolling Stock

The Light Rail Services would be run by the AnsaldoBreda P2550 and Kinkisharyo P3010, while the Subway Services would be run by the Breda A650.

[​IMG]
    AnsaldoBreda P2550

[​IMG]
    Kinkisharyo P3010

[​IMG]
    Breda A650

What are your thoughts on this suggestion?

• Like Like x 9
  2. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Does this metro use ATO? And are any stations above ground or is this yet another pitch dark special?

3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Um, do I really need to answer the Above Ground part when it shows in the pics that there are Above Ground portions?

Also, I'm not completely sure about the use of ATO in the system.

4. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

The trams are mostly above ground - the subway is underground apart from the depot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  6. richboykalu

richboykalu New Member

I hope Dovetail Games adds this amazing route to Tsw2 or maybe Tsw2020

• Like Like x 1