Dra Spiced Up 363 Timetable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lamplight, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Hey there,

with DRA possibly getting a beefier timetable, I thought it would be a good idea to offer some suggestions for a better DRA 363 timetable since I think we can all agree on the RSN 363 having a much better set of services. Of course I realise that such a timetable is a lot of work. That is why I will offer three different options for services (or rather sets of services). This way, it would be possible to just implement one of my suggestions to stay within budget.

1. Shunting in Riesa: Riesa has a big yard already filled with some static trains. In Riesa, one or several services could have you assemble a mixed freight train, which would ideally be used in another service with a 185. These services could also be used in the reverse order: A 185 service brings a mixed freight train to Riesa which a 363 service then splits up - either for storage on different tracks or to reassemble the cars into a new train.
    2. Pick-ups and drop-offs at Nünchritz chemical plant: For these services, a 363 would stay at the chemical plant and deal with inbound and outbound trains pulled by 185s (in seperate services). A 185 would drop off a train at Nünchritz which the 363 service takes down to the plant. Possibly in the same service, the 363 would take another rake of tankers back up to the 185 which proceeds with the new train.
    3. Shunting at Nünchritz chemical plant: These services could use the 363 placed at the chemical works in suggestion number 2 (if implemented) and provide some basic shunting. Just taking tankers within the plant from one place to another (perhaps assembling the outbound trains in suggestion number 2?). This is perhaps the most simplistic suggestion in this thread.
    These are just some ideas that popped into my head today and are loosly based on the RSN 363 timetable. I would welcome any additional suggestions! Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion :)

• Like Like x 16
  2. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree that the 363 services really could do with some work.

RSN shows how well shunting services can work, and this should be the minimum delivered with any future shunting loco.

• Like Like x 7
  3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Perhaps there could even be some Dosto shunting around Dresden Hbf, like on RSN? A 363 bringing in a train from the yard to the station (after which it uncouples and stays behind when the train drives away on a service) could also be really cool. I'd just like to see some passenger shunting as I think it's neat. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

+1

In my opinion, the whole Riesa - Dresden timetable should be reworked.
    363, freight, eastbound IC, AI scenery trains (avoidance line freight intensity?), etc... :)

EDIT CRR style 'modular' services for the 363 \o/ Go for it, Matt! You can do this :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

Its the number 1 reason why I dont own the 363 for RSN, 204 and why I probably wont buy the upcoming G6, lack of services, and all the services are clustered together, normally around 10 between 6am and 10am so you only rarely see static shunters any other time of the day, I remember once seeing trains shunting near Duisburg, at around 2pm

• Like Like x 1
  6. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Something I really would like to see happen is have more of the German freight cars that are in game, appear across all of the German routes that are in TSW. Roos-T, Falns, empty Laerrs, and the steel car Shimms should really be appearing on mixed freight trains on most, if not all of the German routes in game.

I really liked the 363 services on RSN where you switched the inbound and outbound steel trains, made me feel like I actually had more of an impact in the world than usual.

• Like Like x 2
  7. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

That would really provide a lot of fun variety! I'd also like for the freight wagons to all use the same model, so I don't have to remake liveries for every new route :).

However that's a bit besides the topic, so to get back onto the BR 363, perhaps having for example the BR 155 will unlock some shunting with Falns layers.Or having the RSN version of the BR 363 will allow you to shunt cement wagons (with both versions of the BR 363). Of course then these coaches could also be used on regular freight services, and preferably these freight services would also interact with these additional BR 363 services.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  8. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I think, that DRA frieght wagons and Locos have advanced brake mechanism, not compatibile with previous German freight stuff. Things can happen if preservation crew will be focused on it in future.

9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I haven't checked it out here (that's how it normally works), but using Return To Free Roam we get over a 2.5-hour scenario.
    Timetable for the 363 looks like a logical sequence of maneuvers (for one specific locomotive).

Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2021
  10. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Can't say it any better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I agree. I‘m really not into shunting and mainly bought the RSN 363 because it‘s adorable and because I wanted to show my support for more German vintage locos. Besides the excellent handling of the 363 (more of Maik Goltz‘s work as far as I know), the RSN 363 services were the first time I truly enjoyed shunting and I‘m hoping that more shunting services like the RSN ones will come to TSW in the future.