Train Sim World - Roadmap Update 21/09/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Sep 21, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  2. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

So London Commuter won’t be out till mid to late October’s at the earliest.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 4
  3. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

well thats not that much of an Interesting Roadmap this week :( I was hoping for a repeat of last times :) roadmap

• Like Like x 3
  4. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

So now the BML is in testing I hope they go through the route with VERY large magnifying glass and iron out any bugs and scenery issues that could appear in the first preview. THIS IS THE MOST ANTICIPATED ROUTE OF THE PACK AND PROBABLY IN A LONG WHILE, DON'T LET US DOWN!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the Peninsula Corridor fixes.

• Like Like x 7
  6. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Let's hope DTG properly test BML before releasing it. We're all expecting something great.

Very disappointed to see there's still no news on a fix for Boston Sprinter's signalling/ safety system issues. Matt briefly mentioned they are looking into it on the last roadmap stream but I would hope they'd put it on the roadmap just to let people know it's being worked on. Personally I can't have fun playing the route until the issues get sorted.

• Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

SPECULATION.

Given that the next road map is due out on Oct 5th, I believe the BML should be released on Oct 14th, based on the information of a longer delay than Boston and Dresen and the status of this roadmap. We hope that by then all current problems will be resolved.

• Like Like x 1
  10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I didn’t expect Brighton Main Line to be in Next Arrival. As we are not going to get a first preview stream until at least next week, the earliest release date would most likely be 7th October which is after the next roadmap (5th October).

• Like Like x 1
  11. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

So there are no plans to fix all the bugs brought into the game by the Rush Hour update?

• Like Like x 8
  12. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

If it isn’t in the roadmap..... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Very disappointed that nothing is mentioned about fixing Boston's cocked-up ACS/ACSES systems. At present the route is nearly unplayable with safety systems on (especially the FP40's random emergency braking!). Not to mention the dispatcher collapsing in on itself at times.

• Like Like x 14
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Plans, maybe
    But if it's not on the map it's not being worked on (unless DTG forgot to add it)

15. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

• ★ [Improvement] PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 5 profile transfer

I'm surprised. Anyone knows more about this?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Not much to speak of today , hopefully next time the roadmap brings some better news

17. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

What good is this if released in November/December for us PS5 users?

Shift focus elsewhere, we've already started over and would prefer you address the unreliable dispatcher on the RH routes.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ARuscoe

Some people retained their PS4 profiles just in case... Those people will benefit
    I doubt the same engineers would be working on the dispatcher as on the profile issue. I may be wrong but doubt it

• Like Like x 4
  19. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Careful with we. You cannot speak for every PS5 user.

• Like Like x 4
  20. schorni

These bugs should have been fixed by now, just like other developers do. But DTG doesn't seem to care...

• Like Like x 4
  21. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

It has already been said a few times that Bug fixes no longer appear on the Roadmap. Because they are sometimes gone so quickly or so many that it would cover the whole Roadmap with them. For Bug fixes you have to look at the Patch notes when a Patch comes up again.

• Like Like x 6
  22. ARuscoe

What other devs do isn't relevant, and given other devs are fixing bugs that have been around for a decade or more, your point is kind of moot.
    Devs "care about" (ie work on) the things they are working on, and I'm sure there are people working on said fixes (we know they're working on the xbox graphic glitch as an example) so as I said, maybe they're just not "on the map"

• Like Like x 1
  23. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

Please can the sound issues for Xbox users be added to the roadmap? The problem has existed since the release of TSW2. After a year of numerous members of the community submitting tickets, reporting the issue on the forums etc, it wasn't until recently with the release of rush hour (which made it worse!), that it has been properly acknowledged. By no means is this a "trivial" issue - the whole sound system for Xbox consoles is broken and makes playing unbearable. Every couple of minutes, it sounds like a washing machine on full spin cycle! Please don't keep us Xbox players hanging. I for one have not purchased any DLC since the issue began... And trust me, I really, really want to! I want to enjoy the game again.

• Like Like x 9
  24. ARuscoe

Matt said on stream that they were working on it, and indeed had spoken to other studios about what they did. Unfortunately it will mean rebuilding the entire audio from one codec to another, rebaking and rereleasing every route...
    So not a trivial issue, but I agree one which SHOULD be done, and indeed COULD be done if given appropriate manpower. Maybe after BML audio is finalised they can put someone (or a group) on it

• Like Like x 1
  25. schorni

Yes, it is relevant. Other developers fix problems in days. DTG takes weeks or months ... or never fixes it.
    It is also no longer credible that such errors should not have been noticed before. So they knowingly release buggy products and then do their best to fix it, but rather release the next DLC, which is buggy again.

What I'm saying is that it just takes way too long. What's the reason for that? No desire? No time? Or maybe it can't be done? I don't know from any other developer the way such problems are handled here.

• Like Like x 7
  26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG is terrible and cares only about the Paycheck at Release, and then they silence and not fixing anything

• Like Like x 5
  27. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

You do realise only a small minority of PS4 owners have yet upgraded to a PS5?

28. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Well, I can't access the Roadmap at all, just get this blue background.

• Like Like x 4
  29. ARuscoe

OK, so other studios put out fixes to some of their bits in good time (many more don't), and I cannot vouch for how DTG do things (really, some things do amaze me), but I accept DTG as DTG rather than saying "Well these people over here do it differently".

30. ARuscoe

DTG JD - roadmap page on dovetail live is down...

• Like Like x 5
  31. bobbobberdd

That's the biggest nonsense.
    First, other developers also just want your Money in the end. Money with which they Pay their Employees. Second, which developer are you trying to compare DTG with here? Please don't come to me here with Microsoft, EA or Rockstar or the like.

• Like Like x 7
  32. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Bus Simulator has bring 3 updates since 7 September to fixed things, and they always working to get more issues fixed

• Like Like x 4
  33. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

And that has what to do with tsw ?

• Like Like x 5
  34. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Too late for me anyway, my PS5 profile just overtook my PS4! :D

35. bobbobberdd

BS21 is also just a game that has just been released without any noteworthy add-on, which is probably much easier to fix than TSW with all its rat tail of add-ons.

• Like Like x 1
  36. ARuscoe

Ah you mean the full price game with a few hundred reported bugs on steam alone?
    Good comparison there...

• Like Like x 3
  37. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It's back! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  38. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

So 313 shows no sign of movement, and still no new information regarding Penzance-St Austell. Wonderful.

• Like Like x 2
  39. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

It's become painfully clear they announced both those things far too early. I'm beginning to wonder if we'll even get the 313 this year.

If you had told me this time last year the 313 would still be no further along I'd have laughed, but that seems to be how it is. DTG would much rather start god knows how many different projects than complete what's already been promised.

• Like Like x 5
  40. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Which is why I'm still encountering bugs in Mass Effect, a remaster of a game released in 2006.......

• Like Like x 3
  41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Playstation users can’t transfer their player profile and game progress from the PS4 version of the game to the PS5 version of the game and an improvement to TSW is planned to allow this to be possible in the future.

42. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

No listing for the Xbox blurry cab textures either. It's been a month and still cannot play the game.

Still haven't bought Season Ticket yet and don't plan on it if they don't fix the cab textures.

But I'll be back in 2 weeks to see if they maybe have a fix yet so I can at least play the routes I own already.

• Like Like x 2
  43. bakedpotatos.jm

In theory though if this were to happen and they did fix it wouldn't it be redundant? As I can't see it merging so you would lose everything you did from when Rush Hour came out until the fix.

So either way you are going to lose something I think.

44. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

So am I, it was one of my favorite routes to drive on in TSW2020, but was waiting for the preservation team update to play it in TSW2. Might go ahead and buy the Baby Bullet when it comes out to spice it up even more. I really hope it's going to be good.

I also wonder if we'll get some fixes to the North East Corridor sometimes? It's a great routes, but there still are quite a few issues, like the ATC/ASCES, AI incorrectly using their headlights, bad stopping positions at places and the unfinished platform at Canton Junction, to name a few.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

If you read this, I wonder why the old Rapid Transit Journeys EMU:s have a top speed and sometimes line speed up to 160 km/h but the PZB reduces to 105 km/h? Bug?

46. bakedpotatos.jm

Yes it is a known bug. The PZB is being set to a heavy freight setting by default hence the lower speed limit.

• Like Like x 1
  47. trainsimgaming1001

Besides Brighton Main Line moving up, theres not much interesting things today. Maybe 2 weeks later..

• Like Like x 1
  48. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

313 was announced way too early... Is it really going to be on the roadmap and stuck "in production" for a whole year?! Frustrating and disappointing. I hope nothing else on the roadmap ends up stuck for a whole year.

• Like Like x 6
  49. bobbobberdd

The 313 stuck in Production is because TSW2 has problems replacing a 4Unit Train with a 3Unit Train. The current Substitute System doesn't seem to like that. I guess TSG will have the same problem with the DB BR 420.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. trainsimgaming1001

I think Dovetail have learnt from what happens when they announce things too early. Look what happened to the Bakerloo Services. It was announced too early and it ended up being cancelled with the message 'It will be back soon' or something like that because it was behind 3-4 core updates. Now, assuming rush hour was one of those, it is now 'behind' 2-3 Updates. That means possibility 3 years+ before it happens.

Still, they should really have removed it from the roadmap or put it down to In Planning. Items in Production are supposed to be actively worked on, so unless there is something that is causing a simple 3 car loco to take longer than even some extremely long routes like LGV took it was clearly not being actively worked on and thus would count as in planning. Long story short, it was added too early to the Roadmap. Its been there since the first one that was released on August 18 2020. We now have the September 21st 2021 roadmap. A year is far too excessive for something that normally would be done around the time that HBL came or maybe even when the 465 came. Even if rush hour caused issues with development, why did they continue with other routes? Also, they had 7 months of prior development done, so what was causing it to take so long before rush hour?

• Like Like x 6