Train Sim World 2 - London Commuter First Screens!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Sep 17, 2021.

1. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

Yes you are right, I stand corrected.

2. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is was I was hoping at least we know it's working, I can't complain about that.:D

• Like Like x 5
  3. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Also, glad to hear the Reigate situation is being looked into, but it does raise the question as to why a screenshot was taken if it was know is was inaccurate knowing the community would have an issue with it once shown.

• Like Like x 12
  4. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Zero QA with the screenshots

• Like Like x 4
  5. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Well this it not a summer release autumn starts 22nd September why say rush hour was a summer release and now not. Had enough waiting I just wanna play this route. And tells me nothing is ready as really though this Thursday was a London route but as always na. Should have said what it was When they said what that weeks streams would be other than us speculating and us been disappointed. With each day getting fed up of the wait. Yeah I have the pass but think dtg need to rethink how they launch products in future as this has been one epic fail. And how many months have they worked on it and its still not ready.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Thank you again for the clarification JD, I hope more work is put into Reigate as there are a lot more inaccuracies other than the station building.

This also confirms this was Reigate, as most suspected but some disagreed :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  7. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Really appreciate the clarification, thanks JD. I'd like to point out though that Reigate could do with a lot more work than just a suitable station building. The near side platform in the screenshot needs an office building at the far end and some grass on the platform at the least.

• Like Like x 14
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s good to hear Reigate station as seen in the published screenshots is a placeholder. It was too wrong to be correct.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Reassuring to here that Reigate is going to see some attention.
    Just to note, the subway also seems to be missing which is pretty important as the only route between platforms.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing that up. Would you also be able to confirm or deny that you are aware that the Class 387 destination display is the wrong size as described here and if that is being worked on?

• Like Like x 2
  11. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Sooooo… DTG are really hearing our complaints and try to make som change on the small errors ? That’s really nice I hope they’ll do this every time to stay as much possible close to the community kudos to you DTG

• Like Like x 3
  12. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

You make a sensible point, but this is BML after all - it's absolutely critical this route has as much traffic as possible. Think of the positive though, with Southeastern carriage sheds just outside Victoria, there's a chance of some bonus 465 depot moves.
    I'm all for waiting, London Commuter is perhaps the pinnacle for any route ever made by DTG and maybe, if not is, the most anticipated route to be ever released. DTG know this, so they ain't going to rush it, and rightly so. Look at the response from just a couple preview screenshots. Since it's been nearly five months of waiting, while we'd all love to play it tomorrow, a few more weeks of waiting is not a problem, especially if the end result is amazing! :)

• Like Like x 11
  13. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it's more than just the station building that is wrong at Reigate. I hold Reigate on my route card, and work through the station frequently. I struggled to identify the station from the pictures.

• Like Like x 4
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not in game, it isn't. Air conditioning is a pretty fundamental design feature in real life; pretty irrelevant in TSW.

You're really this upset just because you can't make a pantograph go up and down, to no purpose whatsoever???? Chill out- I'm sure if DTG do another revamped Electrostar for an OHLE route, they'll ad it in.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Oh no!
    So you are disappointed by failed expectations that you have set only for yourself which have never been officially confirmed and are unhappy about the fact that DTG finally take the time they need in order to polish the content instead of releasing it at 70% done, which would have been followed up by the next big forum rant arc!
    Why has it become such a pain for some people to just be patient?
    From what I can tell the season ticket is all but a fail (well except our poor ps4 friends who had a bad time and almost started a revolt about it), it has great reviews so far and both the two routes we have gotten are upping the overall route quality, and both of these routes have had major improvements announced to be released rather sooner than later at their point of release (new catenary, improvement of signaling in Boston, Meißen branch and further improved Dresden timetable), which is all a bolt step into the right direction of fixing sooner than later and acting upon customer feedback :)

• Like Like x 15
  16. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

Seeing DTG have the license for Southern it would make sense to include the service to Milton Keynes from East Croydon/Clapham Junction even if it is AI driven just like they currently do with the WCW from Brighton. It would be nice for DTG to include that route.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I hope stewards Lane depot is accessible would make a good class 67 dlc with mk1 layer

18. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

In all fairness, I do remember them saying all the routes would be out in summer (clearly not the case now), but I am glad they are taking their time with it and are addressing the biggest issues that have been brought up so far. I think it's much better that they are taking their time here, rather than rushing it out when it's not quite polished yet (as has been the case with quite a few routes in the past). Yes, both Boston - Providence and Riesa - Dresden have also have issues, but they have huge updates coming and have both pushed the limits of TSW to the point we haven't seen before, introducing new features at the same time. So when you say it's been all but a fail, I can only agree. And yes, PS4 owners have had issues, but as far as I'm aware, when they where testing it internally, they didn't have any issues to do with the PS4 recognising add-ons, so that couldn't have been predicted.

• Like Like x 8
  19. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Wonder how the old consoles will handle the traffic. We already get FPS in the low teens on the 2 routes realesed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

The DTG is facing a very difficult task !!! Community expectations for this route are very high. The route should be revolutionary and advanced like its predecessor in the Train Simulator.

I am really looking forward to its release, but I have great fears, I am afraid of disappointment. Marushroot is the base for the entire South London network. It is very important that it is executed at a very high level with the prospect of expansion and wide integration with other suburban lines. I admit that the decision to build and release it was premature.
    Or will DTG really surprise us ???

This route is very important for society and the expectation is crazy. We must be prepared for a large stream of criticism. The community will be biased towards quality. There is no rush to release the route. He must be flawless. This is a classic of the genre, a new standard for Train Sim World. It should be the best for many years to come.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Surely the clue, was when it said “Work in Progress” but the community went into meltdown of course as seeing 1 screenshot of part of a station.

The cranes, I’m not bothered about in the slightest, I would never have picked up on it, unless someone had pointed it out.

I’m more bothered about the trains, since it is Train Sim World 2.

• Like Like x 4
  22. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Well they did clearly say Rush Hour would release in summer, so the expectations have hardly "only been set by themself". But yes, I'd much rather the release goes beyond the deadline than that they release it in a poor state comparable to SEHS.

• Like Like x 6
  23. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

The part about the expectations was more aimed at that person's disappointment of not getting a Brighton main line stream this week, while they expected it - even though it was never mentioned anywhere that it would feature the new route in this week's streams:D

24. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

Its Ready .. 100234.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  25. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

I'll just put this here:
    • BST will be observed in London until 31 Oct 2021, 02:00
    DTG therefore have plenty of time for a summer release of London Commuter!
    NOTE: The 'S' in the acronym stands for 'Summer' ;)

26. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

387/2 is actually a dual voltage train 25kv 50hz and 750v DC third rail top contact like the 140 mph 225 Kms max speed class 395 from SEHS. For Reigate Branch the purchase of GWML Paddington to Reading is required for class 166 future dlc for BML with Ability to layer to GWML the class 165.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

As soon as the scenario editor is improved, expect Southeastern Snow to be made immediately...

• Like Like x 1
  28. solicitr

I must say, Dresden Hbf does make my old PC chug.

29. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

30. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

With the longer wait, I really hope DTG is using their time wisely whilst developing this route.

We’ve already voiced our feedback following the first few screenshots of the route, so hopefully they will listen and still have enough time to make the relevant changes and fixes.

This will, no doubt, be one of the most popular DLCs for TSW, so DTG will need to do their best at delivering this route. I’m looking forward to it, and I really want this to be done well the first time round. No pressure, DTG.

• Like Like x 6
  31. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I might be able to afford it by the time it's released so I'm not complaining too much it's been delayed ;)

• Like Like x 1
  32. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Good news about Reigate (I hope).

Anyhow one thing to bring back to the top of the pile and certainly relevant if we are diving into a busy commuter network, is that the save/load game mechanism is still broken. I just went to resume a run on WSR from a couple of weeks ago and, sure enough, all the objective and other data which should display in the top LH of the screen has failed to appear. How can DTG just continue to leave something as fundamental as this unfixed, but expect us to handover £25 for BML when we might not be able to resume the run we are on, let alone keep going between saves for the equivalent of a driver's shift?

• Like Like x 7
  33. solicitr

Yup. Just encountered it on Riesa-Dresden: came back after a break to resume a service, and found AFB completely nonfunctional.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Happened to me just a few days ago as well. Save has been broken in this game for years, but I'm sure they'll get it fixed any day now. Lol.

35. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

will be by release

36. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Save function is broken since TSW OG but now you have 1 in 10 chance that it will work

• Like Like x 1
  37. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

very true, the usual I get when I save is either trains get put in wrong platforms therefore you can’t complete the service or brakes don’t respond to release handles

• Like Like x 2
  38. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yep and the current objectives is gone you can complete the scenario/timetable it’s a pain especially when a run takes an hour. The save function is only useful to do the SPAD glitch

39. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

DTG is lazy or bad.
    Backup is an eyesore, and they don't care.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Saving has NEVER worked for me, at least on Xbox.

I don't even try it anymore. It's a real shame, too, since routes like Sandpatch and Clinchfield have these great multi-part services but who realistically has 8-10 hours straight to play them through? I know you can run each part individually, but it breaks the immersion for me.

Not to mention saving is like a basic function for any game- this is not some fancy extra feature we're talking about.

Does anyone on Series X/S use quick resume with TSW2? Have you had any success?

• Like Like x 1
  41. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I have used quick resume but I don’t usually remember how to make it do that most of time but whenever I have it all seems to run normal as though you just pressed paused not like the save function

• Like Like x 1
  42. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

• Like Like x 1
  43. bart2day

Four more screenshots were shown during todays roadmap stream:

Screenshot (513).png
    Screenshot (514).png
    Screenshot (515).png
    Screenshot (516).png

My take: No major issues as far as I can see apart from the wonky cranes still being present and London Victoria Carriage Holding Sidings looking a bit bare of stock but could be because they are all in service. Could do with a bit of clutter (old rails, lineside cabinets, grit bags) around the running lines out of Victoria.

• Like Like x 16
  44. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

All looks good , I think the route is all set for a preview next week

• Like Like x 2
  45. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I think this is a much better batch of screens than the first set. I especially like the 2nd showing the raised track above the houses. Shows off the urban feeling of the route when it gets into London.

Out of interest what station is showed in the first picture, I'm not sure?

One minor nitpick (although it could just be the lighting), does anyone feel like the livery on the 387 is a tad too bright? I feel like the livery IRL is a slightly darker shade of red. Again, it could just be because of the sunlight in that particular shot.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Coulsdon South, with the camera on the north end, looking west.

• Like Like x 3
  47. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

In this scene, there should be way more foliage between the two lines. You shouldn’t be able to see both tracks from one another.

In real life there are several bushes blocking the view. In TSW it’s simply grass with a few trees. Can this be corrected please?

A56FB3C6-732D-45A2-AD83-060504516280.png

• Like Like x 13
  48. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The lighting of the game in Summer makes everything look washed out; it should look better in Autumn or Winter.

• Like Like x 3
  49. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sam seemed to suggest tonight that it was agreed (following our feedback) that Reigate was wrong. It would seem that it was never just a placeholder but what they were going to release. That worries me. Whilst I don’t expect stations to be pixel perfect representations of the real thing, they certainly need to be recognisable as the real thing. Reigate was light years away from even being remotely accurate. This begs the questions, who built it and what photographs were they looking at to reference the station?? I’m guessing no real photographs were used, or the builder should have definitely gone to specsavers.

• Like Like x 14
  50. bart2day

This is a really good point. I have often found that the density of foliage in TSW, at least in the UK routes, is not nearly enough. The area around Moulescoob on East Coastway for example should be engulfed by trees but in game is quite bare:

Screenshot (517).png
    pr_moulsecoomb-05.jpg

There are quite a few areas on SEHS where the greenery around the running lines is too sparse so I really hope that is not the case in London-Brighton.

• Like Like x 8