Why Do The Brakes Keep Coming On With The F40ph-3c?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JayJay3692, Sep 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. JayJay3692

JayJay3692 New Member

I wanted to try driving the F40PH-3C from Boston to Providence, and every so often the brakes would randomly come on hard and fast, but I was under the track and ACSES speed limits with green signals for miles, I have to bail off the loco brake to release the brake cylinder pressure, but it continues making a loud hissing noise and the train is unable to gain any speed. I’m probably missing something obvious, but I didn’t miss any alerts as far as I know. Any help would be greatly appreciated lol

2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

There's a few reports in threads about the f40 having random brake applications when safety systems are in use.
    To be honest I've given up trying to run it with safety systems, as there are also numerous questionable acses speed reductions as well.
    The acs-64 however doesn't seem affected by the random braking.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Did you look at the other brakes on the square button?

4. JayJay3692

JayJay3692 New Member

Yes, I had everything released as I was travelling at high speed, but under all ACSES/ATC speeds and the brakes came on hard like it was some emergency style application of the brakes, so I’m not sure what triggered the brakes to apply so harshly when I didn’t miss any warnings or safety issues etc. it was very confusing lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. box215

box215 Active Member

there's definitely a bug with the brakes when the safety systems are enabled.
    you can hear a hissing sound almost like the brakes are releasing, but instead the train comes to a stop and you have to wait for the bug to fix itself before before able to restart the train
    The quickest method to restart the train (that i've found) is to put the brakes in emergency (so the PCS opens), then reset the PCS. Brakes release and begin working normally, instead of having to wait for the game to sort itself out

• Like Like x 2
  6. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

The F40 locomotive started emergency braking several times, for no reason. No alarm, right speed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

And you have see if your dualshock work fine??, the square buton sometimes active the other brakes on a broken dual shoch.

8. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

My console driver works fine. The brake control lever did not move.

• Like Like x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Does it on PC too, so it's not a controller issue.

• Like Like x 2