Train Sim World - Roadmap Update 21/09/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Sep 21, 2021.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Sam and Adam. The dream team on stream tonight!

• Like Like x 5
  2. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to get more Night-based Screenshots for the Stream Background. Just a stupid thought I just had.

3. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I thought today's update was when we were going to get some decent information but no. If there is basically nothing knew then why waste our time and yours? Why not put up a community challenge or something instead?

I remember in a past stream it was said that upgrading to 4.26 would make releasing fixes easier and more often. Could DTG say when that is going to start?

Did they mention anything about RD support for the GWE?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Thanks, I appreciate your explanation. As I'm affected by this, too (see username :)) and I'm monitoring this topic, my question is more how this is planned exactly. Especially when it comes to trophies for example.

5. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

More important is the fix of this graphical stuttering flickering in cabs on the xbox as they promised us a quick fix of this issue! It already takes very long and takes away a lot of feel good moments and smoothness while driving a train.

6. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

7. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Baby bulet is allready good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

DTG: We are EXTENDING RUSH HOUR TO ALL YEAR!

• Like Like x 5
  9. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Is the white glowing ebula screen on the old DB BR 143 that drives me nuts when driving at night and that I reported 8 months ago a classic "bug" or a topic for Adams team? Any news on that?

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Simple solution, replace the timetable...
    Unfortunately this would wipe out some people's awards and medals (unless they do similar to diesel legends and have two)

I think SAM and maybe Nat have learned. We shall see whether JD, Matt etc have caught on

• Like Like x 5
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

For people who already have started on PS5, it’ll most likely have to be a choice of whether to go back to their old profile or continue with their new one. It will be fine for the many people who haven’t yet upgraded to PS5 for when they do so in the future, so it is worth doing even if it’s too late to be useful to those of us who have already got quite far on a new profile.

No plans have been given yet and trophies is one of the reasons why it is important to know how it’ll work before players make a decision if they have to. It would be great for those players who like trophies if they just added the old ones and any new ones together, even if the rest of the in-game progress can’t be merged. I don’t know if even DTG know how it’s going to work exactly yet.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They all lie to us

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

this is so frustrating because it seems incredibly easy to fix (one of the other locos has a switch where you can toggle between the three PZB modes 55, 70, and 85, so the software solution is already there.)

• Like Like x 2
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the 442 has no such switch, because IRL it only ever uses Mode O.

15. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

In case you missed it, tonight DTG announced that they will officially be using my Skybox mod as part of the core game, which will be added via an update.

So this means that console users will now be able to benefit from it, as it’ll be available on all platforms.

Looking forward to you guys who haven’t been able to benefit from mods, to be able to see the transformation.

• Like Like x 28
  16. kobo

kobo Active Member

I missed the stream today, but I really hope they do more american passenger routes and not so many american freight routes. i'm surprised there's two of them on the roadmap.

17. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

To be fair, one is being made by a third party.

18. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Oh man, that's awesome news. I look forward to viewing your work.

• Like Like x 1
  19. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I don't post on here as I don't play the game anymore but thought I had to post after seeing this.

Well done! I've seen the mods you've done for PC players and as a console player, I was jealous. That hard work has paid off, so congratulations. Keep up the great work and maybe one day I'll drop back in and play the game to experience your contributions.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Conrad

Conrad Member

Great!
    And next your rain mod!

21. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to thunder if you can add that

22. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

"TRAIN SIM WORLD
    RUSH HOUR NOW ALL SUMMER LONG!"

"Be in control this Summer with Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour"

Last day of summer today! Clocks ticking! :D:D:D

• Like Like x 4
  23. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Haven't bought any tsw dlc in months, spent ages waiting for the 313, recon the bml will be my next purchase.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Looking forward to it. Congratulations.

• Like Like x 4
  25. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Correct. It'll be a choice between your current progress on PS5 (since Rush Hour), or choosing your historic profile on PS4.

We'd have liked to have provided this earlier (and it's not a trivial thing, so it won't be 'soon'), but we hope for others who get next-gen consoles in the future will be able to transfer over more painlessly.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I don't think we promised a 'quick' fix. It's not a simple issue, sadly. We've been working on it as a priority, but that doesn't necessarily mean we can put it out of the door immediately. I know the team are working on it, and we're hoping it'll come in an upcoming patch.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I can only hope they'll also adopt your FGW mod next! As a console user I would kill to have that in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  28. londonmidland

That will be limited to PC only unfortunately, as DTG doesn’t officially support it. I think it’s down to various licensing agreements.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

Thanks for the answer JD! I mean since the core and rush hour update is out the game looks so much better especially on the series x so that this issue is a little bug which disturbs the smooth gameplay. So hoping for a soon fix.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It's a shame, that. I went on a GWR 166 to Bristol recently and it was still in FGW livery, five years after the supposed date of the route. Would add so much variety to GWE having a splash of blue and pink amongst the green. I can understand their desire to only have the latest 'hero' livery in the game, but if their trains are still wearing the other years later, it would be cool to see it. I'm guessing there are quite a few people with paintbrushes at the ready when the GWE trains are available in the livery editor.

• Like Like x 3
  31. james64

It'll take a very talented artist to recreate the dynamic lines livery in the livery editor. I'm not even sure it's possible, but then again there are some very dedicated people making liveries.

Let's hope that when DTG do add the HST and 166 to livery designer the forums get flooded with FGW tutorials!

• Like Like x 1
  32. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

The problem is with the PS4-5 profile transfer, by the time it goes through the roadmap up to Next Arrival, probably next year, most of the people who upgraded to the PS5 version would have already had their new profiles overtake the old one, so it will only really benefit new upgraders

33. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I watched the stream yesterday. Not sure this the place to make a suggestion: Remember every time you do a livestream new people will be watching that are new to the game. I can see you take that in account but keep remembering it during the stream. Always try to recap what you said about a topic for newbies.

This is only a suggestion I liked the stream

• Like Like x 1
  34. ARuscoe

This is true for most bugs which affect backwards compatibility or transfer. The fix will really only benefit those going forwards (or those who haven't played much since the issue). Hopefully it all works fine so when people manage to get hold of PS5s they can transfer without issue

It' s a balance, and one I think they usually tread fairly well. This week, especially with going through what the various parts of the roadmap actually mean, was more "newbie friendly" than other streams I've seen

35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s great news. There have only been a few mods that have made me jealous of PC players and the sky mod was probably top of the list. I’ve been avoiding partially cloudy skies since day one of getting TSW2020 two years ago.

• Like Like x 5
  36. londonmidland

I’m fully looking forward to you guys on console to be able to benefit from it and try it out. I think you’ll really enjoy it :)

• Like Like x 4
  37. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's also great news for nervous Nellies like me who don't like to mess with game files so haven't been able to enjoy your skybox. I just wonder how long it will take DTG to implement this mod? They don't do patches very often, at least not ones that are publicly announced.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Crosstie

I understand why bug fixes are not Roadmapped any more. They've reached near epic proportions when you add all the routes together and some go back into ancient history in TSW terms, like the dysfunctional save/resume function or the American horn disaster.
    The problem is that, with a few exceptions, we have no idea whether most of the bugs have been recognised, acknowledged and are or are not likely to be fixed. I think a periodic list of the acknowledged bugs in the game would be useful. Yes, it would be long, but would an updated list every 3 months or so be that much of a burden?

• Like Like x 8
  39. solicitr

Unfortunately, setting aside licensing issues (apparently it was First Group wot killed it; can't have the manky old livery in the game, bad for the corporate image y'know) a weird side effect of unlocking the FGW livery is that suddenly the game starts replacing 166s on GWE with Scotrail 314s from Cathcart!

• Like Like x 2
  40. james64

I'd honestly uninstall Cathcart if it meant playing with era appropriate FGW trains. I love Cathcart but it's a sacrifice I'd make lol.

I can't properly express how much I despise the GWR green livery. Dull, bland, uninteresting, and in bad weather it just looks black. I really hate the recent trend of TOCs just using the big four names instead of having their own identity. At least Southern and LNER have decently lively liveries, but GWR's is so uninspired.

• Like Like x 3
  41. antwerpcentral

Correct, I have watched some previous once that were more difficult to understand. But it is really a problem I encounter with this game. I own a huge amount of games so I have been trough a lot of gaming communities but this one is really hardcore steep learning curve. I find it everywhere, from the streamers covering this game, the forum where everyone speaks in abbreviations.

I'm looking at Train Sim World as a game. I know it is a simulator but it speaks to me as a gamer. I don't know much about trains and I probably will only ever know how to drive them because of TSW instead of knowing all their names and routes in real life. But it's hard to catch on as a gamer.

42. solicitr

De gustibus and all that. Personally I can't abide Southern's blotches of pea-green and yellow: fingerpaint colours. Trains ought not look like F1 cars. I think GWR's is restrained and classic (if only they could get rid of the awful yellow noses)

• Like Like x 2
  43. ARuscoe

If there was a proper manual for the game then the abbreviations would be in there, but to be fair most of them are certainly "googleable"

44. ARuscoe

I'd happily have the whole thing put into regions, with set colours that never change (similar to the LUL lines). That way TOCs can stop wasting millions of pounds rebranding every few years and get on with running the trains properly.

45. londonmidland

It sounds to me like they’ve already applied it to a few routes. It was featured in a screenshot in last nights stream.

I assume it’ll be released whenever the next update rolls out, although don’t quote me on that.

E8512B2B-1BE6-4D4E-80A1-CAA3BBE16C73.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  46. antwerpcentral

Sure, I'm a stubborn person so I Google them. But when you need to go trough so many abbreviations to find the DLC you want it gets very confusing. When you want to sell people something, you should make it easy for them to find something they find worth buying.

I still don't know for example if there are other routes or trains that tie in to Rush Hour Dresden.

47. Crosstie

You mean like LMS, LNER, GWR and SR? :)

48. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I haven't bought Cathcart yet, I said I will wait for the 313 first, but if it going to interfere with the FGW then I don't think I will bother. Can't agree with you about the Green livery. Reminds me of the British Racing Green on classic racing cars, love it myself. I also like the FGW as well, variety is the spice of life as they say.

The yellow paint is a safety feature no? And somewhat traditional, never had a problem with it myself.
    Just read there is no stream Thursday, disappointing.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  49. solicitr

Say rather it's an empty genuflection towards the lares and penates of 'Elf 'n Saferty. If you can't see and hear a train coming at 90 mph, it doesn't matter whether the front end is yellow, black or puce.

• Like Like x 1
  50. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

CC Johnson
    Please notice you can change the contrast of the screen on every loco, so it will turn in black with white lines.
    I do not remember specifically on the BR 143, as I not have run it for a while.
    But on other locos too,- even at daytime - , the white screens, are not pleasant for me.
    So I turned all to "night contrast".

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021