Latest Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daytona, Sep 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Thank you, I was on mobile and it's hard to double check Steam while typing in the forum. I picked up the CityJet, now I just need someone to make some scenarios for the Karawankenbahn with it:)

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have a look on RailSim.de - that is where you will find a lot of German and Austrian scenarios

• Like Like x 1
  3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Rybnicki, thinking of buying the cityjet or the ÖBB 1144 & CityShuttle Wiesel Loco but cannot find an English video on YT on how to drive them, they are all in German so may buy the 523 as there is a tutorial scenario.

4. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

My German isn't brilliant but Translate works fine on the manuals. Plus, if you're familiar with PZB and Sifa on other trains, the keymapping and function is generally the same. I'm pretty sure instructions during scenarios are in English too, so you should be fine.

5. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Rybnicki for the advice. I bought the 1144 and 523. The current steam sale has now ended. DT have a 40% off, until the 30th, with code DT40

The next big steam sale is in 37 days time and is the Steam Halloween Sale 2021
    Which begins on October 28, 2021 and ends on November 1, 2021.

Note it in your diary.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Måns Johannesson

Måns Johannesson Member

New week, new sale on steam. Pacific Surfliner, Western lines of Scotland, a bunch of Japanese, South African, New Zealand and Austrian routes.

7. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Digital Traction have a 40% off sale on till 30th September.
    Just picked up the J70 + Wisbech Upwell Stock pack together in a bundle for £11.99
    Normally if you buy them separately the J70 is £14.99 + Stock pack £7.99 = £22.98
    Good reduction methinks.

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

My wallet is securely locked away again now after just spending £70 to obtain a freeware route. :o

Damned dependencies will be the death of me, my SSD and of course my wallet.

So if all major players could refrain from tempting me with sales for the next month that'd be great, thanks.. :mad::D

• Like Like x 4
  9. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

I know that feeling well, my recently new SSD is fast becoming full.
    "1TB" .. I said.. "It will take me forever to fill that!"
    Currently only 200GB left :D
    The sales are definately to blame.
    Just out of interest which route did you invest in?

10. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

This is why you buy 2 TB...

11. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

How do TS Classic sales work? I saw a sale for Gotthardbahn yesterday, but I can see that it is gone today, while now there is a new sale for the second item on my Steam wishlist, the Wakayama route. Are these sales activated randomly for DLCs?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  12. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Måns.

It would be useful if Steam provided a proper list of TS sale items, when there are a selected few. This would save having to search through everything!

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

15. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Here it is, highlighted in pink for you :)

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 16.24.59.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for highlighting that but I am lost as to how to find that page? How to you reach it?

17. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Directly above where Peter 749006 said “I ticked the special offers box on the right.” There was a link. Click on it and it will take you to that page.

If the link doesn’t work, then I’m not sure what to suggest.

18. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Cannot find a link on the right to click or a special offers box.

Attached Files:

19. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

The side box with the specials selection isn’t shown because you’re using a mobile phone and so Steam’s webservers are providing you with a cut down version of the main site.

However, the link Peter provided should be showing you the special offers anyhow. I just tested the link again on my phone and it works correctly for me, showing the DLC that’s currently on sale.

I don’t know why it is not working for you. The only thing I can think it might be is that it is dependent on your location, so if you’re in the USA or any other country than the UK, then you’re being shown the generic page for TS instead.

A7E4B554-7D1B-4737-A02A-20739EEB17C6.png

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2021
  20. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I live not far from Dovetail in the south east uk and the only link I can find is the special offers to tick on my laptop but it only shows six offers, by searching TS 2001

Search Train simulator gives 78 offers or Specials gives 91 results Special offers gives 5 results, tagging simulation under Special Offers gives 78 results.

I cannot find just a list of Train Simulator products via Windows 10.

If you can please give me an explanation of how you search from clicking on the store icon that may help me find it. Thank you.

21. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

In Windows 10, using a web browser such as Edge, Firefox or Chrome, have you tried following the link that Peter 749006 gave? That link is:

https://store.steampowered.com/sear...&specials=1&publisher=Dovetail+Games+-+Trains

This is the link that has the current list of options on sale on the Steam website. It really does work, I've tried it several times now on my iPhone and on the desktop. If it's not working, you're in the UK, NOT using a VPN (which can sometimes mask that you're in the UK), then it should work. If not, are you running any content blockers or ad blockers that *might* cause a problem?

If you are not using a web browser, and instead are using the Steam software client directly, try this:

1: Click on the STORE tab (which is along the top, on the left hand side)

2: In the Search bar (which is near the top, on the right hand side), type "Dovetail Games Trains" (without the inverted commas) and hit Return

3: On the right-hand side, there will be the checkbox option to filter by Special Offers. Tick it.

Attached is a screenshot of me in the Steam client itself, doing just that, on my computer.

Good luck!

Screenshot 2021-09-23 at 13.37.46.png

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2021
  22. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Success!!! Thank you Aryffordd. The problem was I didn’t search as Dovetail Games Trains, I searched as Train Simulator, Specials, Special Offers etc. It’s easy when you know how. Thank you and everyone for the help and advice. Much appreciated.

23. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you had just clicked on the link I put in my post it takes you directly to the page you want

24. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

749006. Initially I couldn’t find a link. Then on my laptop the link didn’t work for me either. It kept throwing up all the offers for everything, but once I entered Dovetail Games Trains into the search, it worked using Microsoft Edge and Google.

I have copied the page you added and can access it that way for now. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  25. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

DTG have a mini sale Train simulator at £9.99 only and then some TSW and fishing content on sale too.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  26. WhippleStripper

WhippleStripper Well-Known Member

27. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

28. WhippleStripper

WhippleStripper Well-Known Member

Yes, you're right, most are less than 50% discount. The two locos you mention aren't for sale on their site, only partner sites who seem to have exclusive rights to sell them.

29. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

RSSLO sale ends tonight at 23.59pm

Look out for another RSSLO sale next month, in about three weeks time.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  30. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  31. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. Cyclone

I don't. What's your point?

33. dunkrez

I'm very grateful to everyone that has shown an interest. May not be your cup of tea, but kudos to all who have picked it up.

34. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The point appears to be you clearly don't have much of a sense of humour, apparently..

My comment was directed toward Duncan and to the fact that the many of us who had already shown an interest from the tampers inception to launch bought it at (or very soon after) launch.

You could have worked that out for yourself but some people just need hand-holding on the finer interpretations of human interaction.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Cyclone

It's not that it's not of interest, it's just that I haven't bought anything from ATS.

I was trying to jest a little myself. You were quipping that everyone has it by now, I was saying I don't. You seem to like to assume bad faith in reply to comments, however, and suggest that the person posting has a problem. Please assume good faith.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

If that's the case then I apologise, apparently I myself require the odd hand-holding on the finer interpretations of human interaction. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  37. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

I think it comes with the territory, as the idiom goes.

38. dunkrez

Seriously though, if you're on the fence about it, now is the time to pick it up. It's about to receive another great update, just before it goes back to full price. Kind of a thank you to everyone that's shown faith. And for a short time it'll be available in upgraded form for just 9.99, 8.99 for subscribers. Can't say fairer than that. I've been driving the tamper along Chat Moss this evening, rainy autumn dusk into night - awesome to look at with all the lights on.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Cyclone

What exactly is that model, anyway? I had never heard about it, but again, I don't shop at ATS in general. Even the Cambridge line I'm holding out on. And subscriptions just seem overpriced. I'd do videos on some of the routes to try them out, just not liking the idea that one of the routes will get further updates and require still being a sub to finish it in two years or so. in any case, something over $50 CDN for the one route that would be of real interest there seems a bit...high. (And that is the unfinished one.)

40. dunkrez

The tamper would be 17.11 Canadian Dollars. I'll bet thats not a bad price for a vehicle with so much complexity and so many controls, true to life. And it tamps, sounds like a tamper. It's got the vdus that work in the rear cab. It's received decent reviews in most places, any constructive criticism is always taken on board so it's become much more refined over time.

Anyways, I guess I'm biased :)

41. Cyclone

LOL, that's one possible explanation. :cool: I still am not sure what this is used for, however, and how it would be applied. There is the aspect that I have stuff from so many places that I would rarely be able to use it in various scenarios, so if I would just play the two scenarios and never see it again, then there's not much worth to it. Would be nice to see it get to Steam for Workshop usage.

No worries, I find I am easily misunderstood regularly. Sometimes to a bad result, unfortunately. Very often IRL I can state something matter-of-factly and my mother is like "Don't be rude" - uh, I'm not, I'm just making a generic statement. LOL

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Cyclone This will give you a quick idea of what it does..

• Like Like x 1
  43. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

How do the update notifications work in ATS?

44. dunkrez

I'll notify everyone as it's released :)

45. Cyclone

Just show how it operates, still doesn't tell me much about what the vehicle itself does. But are those CCTV cameras in the cab? That's neat.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The vehicle itself is a Tamper, it drives vibrating rods/blades down into the track bed ballast and vibrates the larger air pockets out of it making for a much more uniformed and stable bed for the rail sleepers to sit upon, that's it, that's its sole purpose. Its a common sight at night around newly laid or repaired sections and often seen stabled in both permanent or temporary locations, for this second purpose (sidings scenery) Duncan has kindly provided a lower poly basic scenery model, there is also an a.i. version that can be set working within scenarios as well of course the full blown bells and whistles (with cctv monitors) driveable unit.
    Yes it's quirky, and no it's not as common a sighting as a Class 158 or a HST but they are always about so rightfully deserve a place in the sim.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  47. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  48. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Another good RSSLO sale, but I am totally confused that the locomotives they sell on their website and the same RSSLO locomotives on Steam, all have different scenarios!! Can anyone provide an answer.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  49. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The scenarios on RSSLO can use non Steam items. Those on Steam can only use what is in the pack or ELAP items

50. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you 749006, so it’s worth buying the RSSLO version even if you have the RSSLO version sold on steam with different scenarios.