New German Route Tbc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ARuscoe, Sep 21, 2021.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

OK, so I'm getting in there early on this one...
    Sam said on the roadmap stream that a new German route is being announced very soon, that they know where it STARTS, but that the end point is being determined before they announce the route formally

Any speculation on where?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

"D"

• Like Like x 5
  3. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Yup, the "D??" is all we know. Though Sam stated that the route will be announced in the next Roadmap with a 92% certainty. He repeated the number 92% various times, so maybe the route will be set in 1992? It is very specific, but we don't have a "historic" German route yet so this could be possible. Of course this is just speculation, but it just caught my eye (or ear :D ) so to say ;)

• Like Like x 6
  4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I have a hunch as to what the start point will be.

One of these places upload_2021-9-21_21-46-15.png

• Like Like x 6
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Which of them are present in Train Simulator? So we can narrow down our search ;)

• Like Like x 4
  6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

My gut feeling is on Düsseldorf. I wouldn’t mind them putting Germany to bed for 6 months to be honest unless they are releasing totally new trains that layer across

• Like Like x 8
  7. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

If one of the developers is looking for a sign to make the unannounced route longer: This is it. This is your sign :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Most reasonably of all "D" suggestions I thinkl woulkd be the Duisburg-Düsseldorf-Köln Route which gives you very busy traffic of all kinds of services from ICE to freight. This would be a 64 km long route. Maybe they are thinking about letting it end at Bonn, which would be another 31 km, so all in all 95 km with at least 4 ICE/IC-stops, speeds up to 200 km/h. 52 km fitted with LZB (Duisburg-Düsseldorf, and Düsseldorf-Leverkusen=Mitte).

• Like Like x 15
  9. ARuscoe

I'd look at RE stations rather then IC ones...

10. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

7 different RE-routes along this line. Duisburg-Bonn will give 11 RE-stops for the RE5.

11. ARuscoe

so 13 stations total along the route?

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The international route Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem via Dinslaken which links HRR to Amsterdam Arnhem railway. 99 km length 92 km Arnhem Oberhausen without Duisburg. If Dortmund then HRR Ost Bochum Dortmund/-Witten Hagen

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  13. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

No, because there are a lot of S-bahn Stations from the S1, S6 and S68 between Köln and Duisburg. And lot of RB 48 stations between Köln and Bonn. For example Köln-Hürth.

14. ARuscoe

Not realistic then... they won't make an IC route and not include the RE ones.

15. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

It's not a solely IC/ICE-Route, RE and IC/ICE share the same tracks...

16. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

I know they aren’t focused on extensions of existing routes, but if Koln-Aachen were to be merged with HRR, with connections in Düsseldorf and Bonn, that would be super awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  17. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Yes, this feels like the most likely. Otherwise D may stand for Donau/Danube, so could be something like Ulm - Ingolstadt or Passau - Regensburg.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Or Donau-Isar-Express, which is the name of the service between Munich and Passau. Whole length would probably be a bit unrealistic, but Passau-Landshut might be possible.

• Like Like x 1
  19. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think as much as there is discussion around the complexity of longer routes, time to do them, difficulty in extending routes that it will happen. It's in demand, I think Matt mentioned he'd like to so at some point it's coming

20. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

I hope they don't announce it too early, as we've previously had with certain DLC. I know we now know for sure a route is coming, but I wouldn't mind not knowing anything about it until it's no longer than let's say 2 months before release.

• Like Like x 3
  21. ARuscoe

I don't think you're getting my point. The most complex part of building a route is the stations. The more stations there are the harder the route is to build, so if you're extending by 30 miles, and adding in another 10 stations then that's a lot more complexity
    So four ICE stops maybe, but I don't know how many regional and local stations this would include, hence asking

22. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I hope Dusseldorf to Cologne, Bonn or Koblenz. I might even buy it then.

It will be fun to start the “will it merge with Koln-Aachen?” threads again following the release of Brighton Main Line and the similar posts on East Coastway.

• Like Like x 3
  23. ARuscoe

More relevant though. There aren't many trains which go from BML to ECW via Brighton. Most use the curve further north which isn't in game

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

German non - electrified route ??? Diesel ???

• Like Like x 5
  25. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I have fond memories of the Köln-Koblenz route in Train Simulator, so it'd be hard to resist buying such a route when it comes to Train Sim World.

That'd be a nice change too.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...I guess the starting point for a new German route could be Hamburg again, because some time ago, in a preview stream about "Hamburg-Lübeck", "Matt" said that Hamburg main station is a good base the start from here in other directions, for possible future routes. But that's just speculation. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  27. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Don't they say thing like this about every station and route? I get the impression Matt is quite the enthousiast who gets excited over any rail route. :P

• Like Like x 2
  28. ARuscoe

He definitely is, and that's what lands DTG in trouble. They say what they want to do, some people change to that what they WILL do, and then the fun begins. This is why Sam or Nat lead the roadmap streams :)

• Like Like x 4
  29. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

They mistake they made with Dresden was announcing it had branches, not neessarily that they announced it too early - if they just said it was Reisa-Dresden and kept the branches as something of a surprise if they could be delivered, none of us would be any the wiser they were in the spec. The entry on the roadmap will just be the two end points, and maybe the included train/s.

• Like Like x 2
  30. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Not just that, I can use the 313 as part of that example, alongside the rush hour routes that should've been all released in the summer. I don't have an issue with products being delayed, it should lead to a better product. But it begs the question, could the reason behind that delay not have been noticed before?

I'll add to that that I think a window of 3 months, from announcement to release, would be perfect. Because the majority of the complex work should've already been done. All that would have to be done then is fix little things that we may spot in screenshots or streams, which 1) either is a quick fix before release, or 2) is fixed in a following patch after release. This way, when a date is announced, it doesn't change, nor are we waiting for a year or more (as a releastic example) if it's just on the roadmap without a release date yet.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  31. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

From Hamburg to Kiel?

32. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

D could also stand for Dampf - "Steam". Maybe it's a route which features steam locos?

My hope is something around Koblenz - Köln.

• Like Like x 1
  33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Now THAT would be awesome! Either use the 218, or maybe even a vintage route (there are a LOT of underserved Bundesbahn fans, DTG.....)

• Like Like x 4
  34. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Steam is a long, loooong way away. Certainly not coming with the next route.

• Like Like x 3
  35. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Hamburg to Rostock and Hamburg to Kiel

36. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Where's the D? :)

37. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Another interesting fact will be era in which route will be set. Older german electric locos like (143,155) are very interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  38. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Deutschland?

39. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Agreed, although judging about the amount of historical German content DTG created for Train Simulator over the years, I don't think we'll be getting anything historical anytime soon. Modern German stuff seems to be selling endlessly well, no matter how much routes start to look alike.

• Like Like x 2
  40. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

The only German route I want is one where we can drive the ICE 3 to it's maximum speed. How we've had three routes with it now and none allow us to fully unleash it is beyond me.

I feel like TSW2 is over saturated with modern German routes, they all blend in to me. If they're gonna do yet another one off the back of Riesa Dresden it would have to have completely new trains for me to be interested. Or a proper high speed line as I said. Just something to make it distinct from the others.

• Like Like x 4
  41. ARuscoe

Then suggest a plausable route, where the thing can get up to max, where there's more to the gameplay than "drive this train quickly", within about 50 miles and where there aren't too many stations to make it overwhelming to build

• Like Like x 2
  42. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

There isn't anywhere in Germany to drive an ICE 3 at 320km/h.

• Like Like x 5
  43. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

From what I recall there are two routes that allow for 300 kmh in Germany. One is from Köln to Frankfurt Airport, the other is somewhere at Ingolstadt I believe

• Like Like x 1
  44. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Well if "D" would be the destination, than I would dream for the S2 to Dietzenbach and hope for a big Rhein-Main Route :)

But DTG seems to likes the NRW region in particular (no idea why) so my guess would be plausibe Dortmund-Enschede (lot of potential to recycle locos, assets and everything)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  45. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

But 300km/h isn't the max speed of an ICE 3.

46. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

We have 3 routes with Vmax 300km/h in Germany. SFS Rhein Main (Siegburg Bonn to Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof), (SFS Nürnberg to Ingolstadt), (VDE 8.1 Ebensfeld to Erfurt) and Vmax 320km/h (LGV Est-Européenne Straßburg to Paris)

47. AhhCaffeine

AhhCaffeine Member

The thing is they announced it in too great detail (3 branches, Dresden Airport, Meissen, Grossenhain...) whereas they could've just said yeah well you're getting Dresden-Riesa, not even necessarily mentioning the rolling stock, which would also open up for more speculation threads (quite interesting IMO) and then when the route is close to being ready and they're sure about it announce with everything

• Like Like x 1
  48. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Just saying 'We're making a route out of this German city (with these trains)" would be good enough at first. We could do some speculation to build up hype, and then see what's exactly coming closer to release, building up even more hype :).

• Like Like x 1
  49. ARuscoe

Yep, this is what I would advocate...
    We're going from here on this route (leave end point/branches off)
    When end point is determined - we're going TO here, this is principle traction
    When branches / secondary traction / layers etc determined - full route spec

• Like Like x 1
  50. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Why we don’t get Offenbach to Straßburg for TSW.
    We have no Crossover routes yet

• Like Like x 1