Ts22 - Shortly Arriving At Strasbourg

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Sep 23, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  2. bellminsterboy

bellminsterboy Well-Known Member

Got to say this is looking fabulous! Is the TGV Euroduplex a new or revised model, as distinct from the standard Duplex with the LGV route? Also, hoping the ICE 3M will have an update, as it’s got rather an old cab now. Great looking route.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 878606

878606 Member

This is looking fabulous as the comment above really would like to know if the TGV is revised and the same as the ICE3 M and if the 186 is just a standart one already in game but with the SNSF reskin or the Cab as been updated also? From the pictures and description the route offers quite a bit of kit for people who don't own all this rolling stock already, so well done guys can't wait till next Thursday :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Both the TGV and ICE3 have had updates for this route, will show the updates when we do a preview stream. Keep an eye on normal places for stream updates.

• Like Like x 8
  5. bellminsterboy

Brilliant, thanks Jamie. Excellent looking package :)

6. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Only Strasburg? Pffffffffff....no extended France railways. shame\

7. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

So we'll be able to drive from Frankfurt am Main to Strasbourg take my money lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

Yes. I’ll happily give my money for this one.

DTG Jamie Schuster signal scripts?

• Like Like x 1
  9. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Only Frankfurt, I prefer from Koblenz

• Like Like x 4
  10. ArKaDeN

ArKaDeN New Member

Thank you for this new half-French line, there aren't many French lines on TS, but that makes one more, it's better than nothing.
    But I have advice for you, do you want to make a DLC that will be very profitable for you? Build express regional line of Paris.
    There will be enough money to develop Train simulator until 2030 and do a TSW 3 ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Orrrrrrrr, maybe you could just retire your comment/account.

Everything doesn't need to be solely focused on your precious TSW.... A lot of TS veterans like variety and expansion, aren't fully sold on TSW and don't want to be limited to Figure 8 styled content. You literally just recently got the Dresden Route for TSW. Did you get bored of it already?

• Like Like x 12
  12. rare_common_sense

I like the way you think, Sir!;)

13. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

yes they are :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

Now we need following rolling stock for this route :love::
    GT8-100D/2S-M
    or
    GT8-100C/2S (aka BR 450)
    or
    ET2010
    These serves the S7 and S71 line between Karlsruhe and Achern. S7 via Durmersheim, S71 via Ettlingen. And to be correct: S7 from Karlsruhe HBF Vorplatz and Albtalbahnhof with voltage change ( but it would be ok to start at Main Station directly).

15. Kim Olesen

YES. Well done DTG !!!! Top class signalling and 110 km of route. That’s how you do it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Very glad that this is the route they chose for the deluxe - can’t wait for it. The only problem I have is that there’ll be no Karlsruhe S-Bahn units - I’ll probably use the Frankfurt U Bahn units
    But I definitely wouldn’t mind a DLC for a Karlsruhe S Bahn unit :p

17. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Great choice! I am excited for this! :love:

18. rare_common_sense

I would have loved to see another American based passenger or at least mixed-used route.

But this.. ok.. would have appreciated more mileage in France or it just solely being in France that is slower paced.. not really a huge fan of high speed routes with less stops than I have on one hand.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I agree with wanting more km inside France, but maybe this is a first step for more routes there, who knows, I am happy with this route in the Deluxe Edition :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Kim Olesen

From Düsseldorf to Strasbourg. If you have enough pizza, cola and coffee ;-)

21. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Nice addition, if only this length was available for tsw, interested in the tgv and ice updated cabs

22. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Strasbourg might look a bit quiet with no French trains apart from the TGV.
    At least the BR181.2 can be used on the line along with other modern Traxx locos (BR185)

Peter

23. rare_common_sense

Yeah, the bright side. I'm really hoping to see those LRC cars in your profile pic come to TS soon.

24. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Those are not LRC cars, they are Pullman Hitachi cars of Argentina in their last years before scrapping. I don't think I'll be alive to see them coming to TS but who knows maybe DTG sorprise me :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

This route looks great. Its got two countries and yet the cross border novelty is balenced by the fact it has familiar items to both existing French and German routes. It would be a great addition to TSW2 too.

• Like Like x 1
  26. rare_common_sense

Ahh.. my mistake.. I should've clicked on the pic to get a closer look.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

It would, but sadly its way too long, especially with the line futher to Offenburg, which is the reason why i think im going to buy the ts 2022 deluxe edition, im originally not a big fan of ts, but if Offenburg is in the game i have to give it a try, because its like my second home. :)
    The rolling stock included also sounds good, 2 ICEs, 101 (with IC coaches?), The 186, and the 146 with dostos looks like a good start, and in the Deluxe Edition is also Frankfurt Koblenz with some rolling stock, so that should be a great start without having to invest hundrets for appropriate trains.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Task

Task Well-Known Member

You won't have much fun with the rolling stock included in both of the routes. This isn''t like with TSW where alomost all rolling stock is at least okay and playable. Especially the 101 and the ICE 2 are bad. The 146 also isn't that good. The only really good vehicle you will get is the Flirt 3. The new ICE 3MF, 186 and TGV might be good but I wouldn't count on it. When you want to really play TS (at least for German content), you will have to get some third party vehicles or stuff like the BR 407 from DTG that is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Oh okay, i was planning to also buy Konstanz Villingen with the Hausach Extension from TSG, which is a pretty good route with decent rolling stock from what i read.
    But for the start i also dont want to invest too much money, because TS can get very expensive very quickly.
    Is there something like a preorder discount or does it just go online thursday for the regular price? (50€ for the deluxe edition?)

30. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The ICE with the Strasbourg - Karlsruhe is an ICE3MF which has French Signalling

31. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Yes but it looks like an ICE 2 is also included.

32. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Just watch the stream today and for France to Germany freight SNCF Fret CapTrain uses BB37000 for that purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  33. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Stream looked good this morning :).

34. AFR7545

AFR7545 New Member

Hey DTG i just saw a video from the line on TS2022. Why on the TGV when you want to use it on the LGV from Marseille to Lyon the TVM won't operate AS IT SHOULD BE ON REALITY?

35. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Someone got it already?

36. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Well, the route looks nice so far, but the lack of any manual section concerning changes of power supply and safety systems is "somewhat" disappointing.

I figured out how to switch the power supply on TGV using the old LGV manual (not sure if I do it right though), but I can't find a way to swich the French safety systems on. The keys indicated in the manual table as KVB switches, activate the PZB instead. I don't know if it's a bug or whether simply there is some clever way to switch it, but it really should be described somewhere.

I wanted to see what will happen on a French line, but for some "funny" reason, I can't see most of my routes in quick drive, and the Marseille-Avignon is among those missing.

Well, I think I'll go play some shooter for now, as this is frustrating.

Edit: I managed to get the Marseille-Avignon running, but there also only German safety systems work on the "new" TGV. Screens are in German too. KVB test works, but that's as much as I can get from it. The button next to display which, I think, should lead to country change menu is not active. So I have no clue how to make the French stuff work on this train.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  37. Kim Olesen

Good route even if i’m more into not so flat landscapes. GREAT signalling. And also great that the team behind the signalling is monitoring the German TS community for errors that will be fixed in a patch. THAT’S how you do it!

And indeed DTG did that with Fr - Ko. Nice work, it’s much better now. There are other previous routes that could seriously do with the same makeover. Köln Airport link and Lübeck Kiel comes to mind.

• Like Like x 2
  38. paul.pavlinovich

It is a decent route but there are plenty of issues with it.
    • There is a missing train set from the packaging so you can't play some of the scenarios (ICE 2 / 402)
    • In the DB BR146 AFB lever is active and works but doesn't seem to actually do anything
    • In the TGV the control keys to turn PZB and KVB don't seem to do anything - maybe the manual is wrong? I know Jamie managed to turn these on stream but he doesn't say which keys it is - he just does it.
    • I've come across a red on the 01-186 FRET scenario that did not have a preceding yellow

39. alexis17

alexis17 New Member

Hello, the TGV 2N2 (Euroduplex) is a real disaster. The pantographs are not good, the KVB, the circuit breaker, we forcibly forget with the other two TGVs. Especially, the brake gauges which lack texture and worse, the TVM which does not work!

I don't understand that on Train Sim World you managed to do a very well scripted TGV and on Train Simulator you don't do it when there are plenty of possibilities. Even if you don't script everything. At least review the brake gauges, TVM and pantograph animations.

I can even tell you how the pantographs should be lifted from the voltage selector.

On L, rear pantograph 25000v (this one is good)
    On F (DC), pantograph 1500v front and rear
    On GV, rear pantograph 25000v
    On F (AC), rear pantograph 25000
    On D, rear pantograph 1500
    On CH, rear pantograph 25000

Otherwise, at the 3D level, everything is superb.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  40. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Manual is at least partially wrong. I extracted the key mapping files and found this:

On TGV:
    • KVB: ctrl+del
    • KVB active: shift+del
    • TVM: ctrl+numpad plus
    • TVM active: ctrl+shift+numpad plus
    The problem is that TVM does not seem to work, so there must be a bug in scripts.

Also for ICE3M the manual is partially wrong, so if someone looks for it:
    • KVB: ctrl+6
    • TVM: ctrl+del
    • TVM active: shift+del
    • PZB: ctrl+numpad Enter
    • LZB intervention: ctrl+numpad plus
    • LZB active: ctrl+shift+numpad plus

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  41. bellminsterboy

Great Route!

The latest route for TS, and the first new one with TS 2022. First of all, let's start with the positives:

1. The route has excellent scenery, and is constructed well. Strasbourg and Karlsruhe main stations look great.
    2. The FPS is pretty good, even in the massive Karlsruhe station.
    3. It is one of the faster routes in TS which makes it thrilling, with speeds in the southern half reaching 250 km/h.
    4. Great to have a route to cross two countries, very few if any of those about.
    5. Update to the graphics of the ICE 3MF is very welcome, the previous cab and passenger view were showing their age.
    6. Giving the ICE 3MF the ability to run from TVM as per real life is also very welcome, as it means it can be used on London-Faversham and Marseille-Lyon, the latter of which it runs on in real life.
    7. The new cab textures in the TGV Euroduplex are superb, and the new passenger view is a nice touch too.
    8. There is a variety of possible runs, including on the 186, 101, 146, ICE 3MF and TGV Duplex, plus ability to run other DLC like ICE 1, 2, T and Velaro D on it.
    9. Expansive quick drive options which make it easy to drive the specific portion of the route you'd like.
    10. Even though the scenery is mostly flat, it is very pretty.
    11. The choice of route makes it very easy to link in with other DLC - a run from Dusseldorf to Strasbourg and Offenburg is now possible, more than 250 miles in length.

There are however, some irritating bugs and omissions:
    1. Chiefly, the TGV Euroduplex lacks its most useful feature, the TVM! It seems odd to provide it on the ICE 3MF and not on the TGV. This means that it's not as easy to drive on the Marseille-Lyon route, which is it's home territory, because braking in time becomes a challenge without TVM help.
    2. The voltage change is not simulated - the last 10km or so are on French soil, and thus are on 25kV rather than 15kV as in Germany. This could have been done, as on London-Faversham or Marseille-Lyon.
    3. There are no pantograph options for the ICE 3MF - being able to operate on multiple voltages, like the TGV, one should have the option and ability to change the pantograph setting.
    4. There doesn't appear to be any LGV option for the pantograph on the Euroduplex.
    5. Manual is very vague - doesn't go into details about the TGV; explanations on the various pantograph settings would be welcome.

Having said all this, I do still recommend it. The route is done very well, and the various trains included provide great value for money. The main issues are with the TGV's actual simulation - it's lacking a vital piece of kit! Just my own views.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  42. paul.pavlinovich

Thanks that's hugely helpful.

43. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Actually, checking the game files shows it does have the TVM, there is just some bug preventing its activation. There is a file with scripts for the TVM, and there are keys assigned to it. It just does not really start. So possibly it's not an omission, but just some simple bug somewhere, although of course track record of DTG with correcting even simplest of bugs in TS products is patchy at best (and we do have an outstanding example of another TGV; on the other hand last year's deluxe edition route has been updated nicely), so I don't really know if we can expect it to be fixed. Fortunately it does not impact operations on its "home" route (unlike not fully working KVB on the 186, which turns on, but still displays nothing).

• Like Like x 1
  44. bellminsterboy

Agreed, although the fact it doesn't work means the end result is the same, there is no available TVM on the LGV route, which makes stopping rather tricky when the HUD only displays 3km at a time.

45. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Sure, my point was only that it was intended to be there and implementation has apparently been made, but botched, and not intentionally omitted. That gives some hope for a fix.

• Like Like x 1
  46. bellminsterboy

Agreed. That's really all it needs as far as I can tell, it looks fantastic as a model, especially the cab.

47. alexis17

alexis17 New Member

Good evening, I have the impression as always, DTG will ignore our comments...

48. bellminsterboy

Hi Jamie - is there any fix planned for the comments here? Lots about the route/trains is very positive, there's just been no word yet from what I can tell if a fix is planned for any of the bugs listed here? Cheers :)