Next German Route Teased On Brd?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Sep 9, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I missed Sams tease because I didn't watch the stream (if anyone has a timestamp, please let me know). However it sounds promising. Of course I'd love it even more if the next route was from a new country like the Netherlands, but we'll see :).

2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Let me see a scenario planner workshop sharing feature the tsw 2 equivalent to a TS 22 workshop. I can see it's going to be useful on All German Routes including future ones possibly the Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway or Black Forrest Route as seen on Matt's channel. First is DB BR118 then the DB BR155 Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR BR 250

3. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

about 1:08:20

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

the 92% probability could be a clue that its set in 1992, if so Duisberg/Dortmund to Koln/Bonn would fit both clues as ICE 1 services commenced on this route in 1992. Also the only available existing German mainline loco which fits 1992 would be the 143 which was first trialled in the ex West German on the Dortmund Sbahn in (wait for it)...... 1992

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

OTOH, 1992 was the year of German reunification, so he could be teasing a pre-uni vintage DBB route?

6. jolojonasgames

Not quite. The wall fell in '89, the two countries unified in 1990, and the railway companies of the two former countries (Deutsche Bundesbahn and Deutsche Reichsbahn) merged in 1994 into Deutsche Bahn AG, although from 1990 onwards a lot of their operations already merged (they unified their numbering scheme, purchased new rolling stock together and unified timetables).

A route in '92 would see a seperate Bundesbahn and Reichsbahn, in a unified Germany. It was a very diverse era of railroading because of this. One could see East and West-German rolling stock mixed in some of the long distance trains, and a range of paint schemes were used. The DR had just stopped using steam traction a few years before, whereas the DB(B) was just starting to roll out a high-speed passenger network. A variety of paint schemes was used, with DB providing a mix of ocean blue/beige and TEE red/beige, cobalt blue/chrome oxide green (for electric locomotives, that sometimes hadn't been repainted since the '50s and '60s), and produktfarben like orient red (IC coaches and all locomotives) and pastel blue (InterRegio) and Turqoise (Regional traffic) (which all would later also be used by the unified DB AG). Meanwhile the DR was using a bordeaux red with white line livery on it's locos, with coaches being painted either entirely green, green/beige or mustard/beige (for StädteExpress trains). This made for a very diverse colour pallette on a lot of trains, definitely from 1994 onwards, when the merger of the companies led to stock being restationed all over the place.

In addition to that there was also a way larger diversity in service types. Besides the well known S-bahn, RB, RE, IC, EC and ICE traffic of today there were also D-züge, InterRegios and a lot more night trains, sometimes with coaches on which the cars of the passengers could be taken along.

All this diversity and rapid change makes it one of the most interesting eras (if not the most interesting) of German railways, in addition to the fact that I simply find the Produktfarben very pleasing to look at :).

• Like Like x 3
  7. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

I think it is nothing spectacular than "D" stand for Dortmund. I think is a new Connection from Bochum (HRR) to Dortmund (ok, is a little to short Route)

But, the first End Station (Bochum) already exists in HRR for TSW2, so DTG doesn't have to rebuild it again for a Route DLC...

Or a Connection from Hagen (RSN) to Dortmund. And again here: Hagen doesn't need to rebuild. We have it already...

8. driverwoods#1787

Best option is this link Bochum Dortmund and Hagen together via Witten. Since HRR is actually the Duisburg Essen Bochum Dortmund/Witten Hagen Railway because of the 1988 built Bochum Langendreer Junction. That's why you have ICE3 trains from Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg operate on RRO and ICE 2 trains Berlin Aachen Hbf which is not reflected on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

1988 Deutsche Reichsbahn steam operations end while 1974 steam operation end for Deutsche Bundesbahn the predecessor of Deutsche Bahn which uses the West German Deutsche Bundesbahn locomotive numbering system.

10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Two days left until we probably find out what "D??" is. So... any last guesses?

I am going with Duisburg-Düsseldorf-Köln... DDK :D Perhaps the route can end up linking SKA and HRR, but that remains to be seen.

• Like Like x 2
  11. jolojonasgames

Looking at the content DTG seems to sell well, that is a likely candidate. We'll see, but I hope I'll be surprised by something new and interesting :).

• Like Like x 2
  12. driverwoods#1787

I agree and in the future they can make HDA Hollandstrecke Duisburg Arnhem if Duisburg to Köln via Dusseldorf doesn't make Duisburg Hbf busy. In real life Duisburg Hbf is busy because most trains from the Netherlands via Arnhem call at Duisburg Hbf then Dusseldorf Hbf from Arnhem CS and Oberhausen Hbf S3 HRR S-Bahn terminus.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I would love this idea…. IF DTG would use this opportunity to make routes linkable.

Just imagine being able to drive 2+ hours from Bochum all the way to Aachen… How cool would that be:cool:

I would also buy it without this feature, though;)

• Like Like x 3
  14. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

My guess will be "Dieselstrecke [Some city] to [Another city]" set in the year 1992. However, a route around Duisburg or Düsseldorf is very likely too. I simply hope it won't be another modern electric mainline - we have enough routes of that type already. A different type of route would be highly appreciated. But who knows, I'm interested in all sorts of German routes so I'll probably buy it anyway even if it is another modern mainline :D

• Like Like x 4
  15. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

My bet is that they are going with something new this time, since we've seen many similar routes lately. So no routes like Köln - Duisburg or Dortmund - Bielefeld, which are like HMA.
    Perhaps something more quiet with slower speeds, like the Donautalbahn.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I agree with you there, but if the route was made with the intention of linking three routes together, I could probably give them a pass this time :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. driverwoods#1787

Excellent analysis and if you are wondering most of the West German routes in games except Hamburg-Lübeck are electrified by Deutsche Bundesbahn 1954-1988. HRR 1973 S-Bahn line 1988-1990 German reunification. Main Spessart Bahn 1954-1957. For a Diesel Line D might refer to Allgau Bahn München Pasing to Lindau via Kempten.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. driverwoods#1787

Good point and in the future a Dampflok route like TS22 Wutachtalbahn which will be bundled with United States and UK.

19. drahnoel

drahnoel New Member

I bet or hope for Lindau Kempten but Duisburg-Cologne is the most likely

20. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

That would also be great to be honest. It will make the rail network in Nordrhein Westfalen more complete so that's a good thing, and it is likely since DTG seems to like NRW for some unknown reason.

At least I hope the new DLC brings some new loco's / rolling stock with it. Dresden didn't bring something drastically new rolling stock-wise, the only real change being a skin for the 363 and VVO liveries for Dosto's and Talent 2. Missed opportunity to bring the 146.0 for example.

That's on top of my wishlist for the next German route, a new loco that isn't a variant or a skin of an already existing loco. Either that or a new "route setting", like a diesel route or something rural, would bring some well deserved refreshment into the German catalogue of DLC's.

• Like Like x 4
  21. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Dortmund to Bielefeld with another recycled Dostos and 146 :cool:
    And Brandnew Trains are the IC2 and BR 402 as known as ICE 2

22. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

In my opinion, you don't need Abellio or National Express license for the RRX trains. It's like Cathcart Circle. The trains are from Scotrail but the operator is Abellio. You just need the license from "Land Nordrhein-Westfalen" , because the trains are just rented to National Express and Abellio

23. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well, this one would be a good place to introduce ICE2s or 4s. Probably 4s as you can make both long and short sets to create a variety of services.

• Like Like x 1
  24. driverwoods#1787

The next step for them are HDA Hollandstrecke Duisburg Arnhem or Diesel Deutschland Netherland Enschede-Dortmund BDB Bahnstrecke Deutchland Belgien Aachen Luttich. If DTG wanted NRW international routes to Belgium and Netherlands. Otherwise then can go to Baden Wurtemburg to bring in Bahnstrecke Deutschland Frankreich Mannheim-Appenweier-Strasbourg that is present in TS 22 with Frankfurt High Speed being merged with Appenweier-Strasbourg. Baden Wurtemburg option 2 is Rapid Transit Stuttgart with Rapid Transit operations set in West Germany.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  25. solicitr

How does one obtain one of these tickets? I've tried to fumble about with the ticket machines in every way I can think of (not that there are many interaction options)- and nada.

26. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

There are these small blue ticket validators on the platforms.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Can you pull the tickets in the ticket machines on Dresden Riesa???

28. steamylocoman

steamylocoman Well-Known Member

yes also just an 2 year bump eh?

29. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I wonder how that ticket machine feature looks with the new TSW4 lighting and fog! ;):D

• Like Like x 2
  30. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Not to poop on anyone's parade but have you considered the D is there because D is also for Deutschland?

• Like Like x 1
  31. solicitr

Well, 1992 clearly pointed to Niddertalbahn, which is set in that year. So perhaps D was for Dieselstrecke after all (NID is the first German diesel-onlky route)

32. noir

noir Well-Known Member

Obviously it is DCZ for Tharandter Rampe, which came as a following DLC. Now stop necroing old threads that don't make any sense after such time.

• Like Like x 2