Train Sim World 2 - Underground Classic

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Sep 24, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Like Like x 14
  2. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

What? Sounds like another Arosa Line. I hope not.

• Like Like x 7
  3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

It literally just means that the two trains perform and handle a bit differently.

4. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

I want to ask Rivet responsible people. What about patching of Arosalinie? I mean broken timetable, awful scenery and so on. You aren't going to fix it and now you propose us your new DLC. That's not how it work. As for me I won't buy your DLCs until you fix previous ones. That's it

• Like Like x 20
  5. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

On the last screenshot...the right handside wheels dont exist on the track? Its floating?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

They are there if you look closely, the furthest rail on the right is not the one the wheels go on btw

• Like Like x 2
  7. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

IOW still has trains running around with no lights on lmao

• Like Like x 9
  8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

To be fair to Rivet, they seem to be able to make nice train models and I really like the look of this one. I'll buy it when I've heard other peoples opinions and just as soon as the Arosa timetable is fixed. That should give me a while to save up.

Both Rivets last 2 routes have had timetable issues. Any issues with this one and it's a definite pass.

• Like Like x 2
  9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The first retro train for TSW 2 Bakerloo Line. If They want to keep this going for other routes Ruhr-Sieg Nord DB BR118 Main Spessart Bahn DB BR150 or 151. Alternatively 1938 stock can be sold as a bundle called Transport for London retro

• Like Like x 1
  10. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

A bundle with what else, exactly?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to this as I love the look of the '38 stock and it'll definitely spice up the Bakerloo Line. As always, all I can say is that I hope it ends up being good.

• Like Like x 2
  12. driverwoods#1787

• Like Like x 2
  13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this , hopefully RG don’t muppet this up

• Like Like x 2
  14. driverwoods#1787

Same and for Rivet Games they did make DB BR 204 for Main Spessart Bahn it's just how they made Arosa Line due to its scenery issues. What they should have learnt from now is to have DTG or Skyhook Games help them in scenery.

15. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Why do I get the feeling that people are moaning because it is Rivet rather than the quality of the product? Maybe that’s justified based on the routes they have released but their locos are usually pretty good.

The last picture is interesting. From what I remember of these trains, they actually did say “Elephant” rather than “Elephant and Castle”.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Your on the money there by the seeming tone of things.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I just hope Rivet games did not copy the sounds from the Class 483 into this new 1938 stock. Some said that the sounds for the Class 483 were not top tier. So hopefully this time it's better.
    I also hope we can actually manually change the destination signs on the front of the train and it's not auto-set by the service, like the Class 483 was made.

But only time will tell I guess and how much it will cost. $20 maybe?

• Like Like x 4
  18. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Most likely the usual cost of an individual loco

19. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Meh it won't be too exciting especially since it will run on a separate timetable so there won't be mixing of stock.

And on Rivets forums they have mentioned there are less services on their timetable due to the slowness of the trains.

Pretty much the Rivet version of Diesel Legends. Old stock running on modern track and scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It's this part that has already lost Rivet a sale from me. The current Bakerloo timetable is very sparse, and if Rivet had done a slightly better timetable then it would be a great selling point.

Releasing a further cutback timetable isn't great...

• Like Like x 8
  21. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

The be fair I think DTG and the core of TSW are to blame for this. They had to scale back the BL timetable because they couldn't get the tech to work with a larger timetable in the tunnels. A fix was promised but no sign of it yet.

This has left Rivet no option but to base their timetable on the current BL and since the 38 stock is slower than the 72 it stands to reason there would be less services.

Personally the bigger issue is the less effective breaks since the 4.26 update making keeping to the timetable more difficult to stock to. This could make it impossible with the 38 stock!

Sure, buy it or don't, but I think it's unfair to blame Rivet.

• Like Like x 1
  22. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The bakerloo line gets the rush hour passenger update. I have hope they worked on the timetables & services too, since in real the frequency is a lot higher.

I also thinks rivet is working with dtg together, since the bakerloo rh update is in the roadmap quite long.

I mean it would be a nightmare if dtg releases the update for bl and rivets dlc ends up in a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  23. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Rivet know how to do scenery as they’ve displayed on multiple occasions across TSXX and with Cathcart Circle in TSW 2.

The issue with Rivet is that when something is broken or bugged they either don’t fix it or take months to do so.

Personally the 1938 stock will be a no from me, but that’s only because it doesn’t interest me, but I will be very cautious with Rivets content that does interest me because as of now their DLC quality has been pretty dismal.

• Like Like x 6
  24. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I'm going to be cautious with Rivet Games' upcoming route after LU 1938 Stock gets release. I am not a fan of how they choose to spend time modifiying this classic loco, put them on the modern setting of Bakerloo, and want me to pretend it's the 70's. I don't think so as this is basically Diesel Legends 2.0 again and breaks the immersion of being in the era they want to set it in. Since it's based on the 1970's version of the 1938 Stock, I'm assuming the timetable is going to be based on the 70's era? This product isn't aim for me but for those who want the gameplay experience of operating the LU 1938 Stock on Bakerloo without changing the scenery to reflect the era. I love the Bakerloo line and I wouldn't have an issue if they would date back the route to reflect the DLC loco. Have fun to those who are excited and looking forward to buying this DLC loco because I'm not going to criticize anyone since at the end of the day, it's your money.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Jasper_Rivet please could we get a price confirmation for the 38 stock , or has a price not been decided yet ?

• Like Like x 1
  26. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Rivet games have made some of the most outstanding and detailed locomotives for TSW. I’m very much looking forward to this dlc!

• Like Like x 1
  27. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

From my perspective - there very well could be quality to their products (and rolling stock mostly seems to have work put into it), BUT there is a lot to support this "moaning". Their releases barely see any fixes and especially Arosa was surrounded by some of the most baffling behaviour from their side. Physics were busted (trains 4 times heavier, couplers doing weird stuff) on release and instead of admitting it (which I think they haven't done to this day), they went with a complete lie about how to use brakes on the route to hide the problems. When they fixed it, it was basically put out as an "accessibility improvement". They've said the broken timetable will get fixed in about a month. To this day nothing and on their forums they pretty much went "Nah, sorry, focusing on other stuff, might get to it one day... or not".

So take this just as my own view - with this customer treatment they won't see a single cent from me unless they seriously change their approach to stuff. DTG is far from perfect, but it is miles ahead of this approach.

• Like Like x 10
  28. Southern Driver

Southern Driver Active Member

Failing to put in the characteristic compressor sound of the Class 483 was to my mind unforgivable.

• Like Like x 3
  29. mooredean1978

mooredean1978 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

I've cropped and boosted the brightness, they're definitely there, l could see them easily TBH

TSW2_LondonUnderground1938_Article_Screenshots_1920x1080_-01.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  31. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I think this has loads of Potential, provided rivet doesn't screw up this time (AROSA anyone?). I think people are mainly worried just because of Rivet Games' bad record on TSW. Rivet does Loco Design better than Route Design (IoW). I would imagine that dreadful error on the WCL route if it makes it into the final release, would be easily fixed in Mods like the HS1 fences or whatever it was on SEHS. I don't imagine it being long before someone Backdates Bakerloo to the 1970s-80s like they did with Great Western Main Line. It might even be quicker now with that (unofficial) editor around now. The only issue I noticed is the Carriage Maps in the Train, which represent 2020s Bakerloo, which is not right for an Era 6 Locomotive, though that is probably licensing issues, not Rivet or DTG. That would be easy to fix in a mod as well

• Like Like x 1
  32. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

026A802B-EE6B-4176-8F61-745CCD120DCE.jpeg 5AD118B5-6479-4AEB-9B80-C1E0458CE159.jpeg 42D41210-C363-4034-999F-00F58C32A69C.jpeg 0ED6FDCD-FAF2-420B-B953-DED1F045A125.jpeg

Rivet does an outstanding job with their locomotives! Can’t wait!

• Like Like x 2
  33. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  34. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Same sounds it seems