Train Sim World 2 - Electrostar Duet

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Cool Joe you should update your tag to a DTG staff member....

Or maybe not batman.... maybe not :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

That would have been nice.

Is this the first route on TSW to be interconnected with two separate routes?
    IE east coastway and Brighton mainline connected via Brighton? Spawn on foot at Brighton and access either ?

Or will you only be able to access the bml or east coastway depending on what dlc you "explore on foot"?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Either that or the 14th is the most likely date

• Like Like x 2
  4. Coastway trainspotter

No , Ruhr sieg nord and Rhein Ruhr Osten both interconnect at Hagen

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you've confirmed that, I only have Boston Sprinter and wasn't sure if I was imagining static rolling stock appearing or not. :D Totally agree with you there regarding immersion. Cheers. :)
    I'm loving the small detail, really adds to the overall experience - hopefully some more nice surprises to come. Really excited to try out your timetable for the route, thanks for your hard work!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Wonder if theyll do the Hove Preston park Brighton triangle, what with the 313 in platform 1 or 2 in the screenshot , could do Hove shuttles

7. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

A great idea that.

• Like Like x 3
  8. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

A class 700 as a extra layer for a future dlc would be a nice touch for this route.

• Like Like x 10
  9. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I’ve also been wishing for this section to be included. I’m sure if there is enough demand for Keymer Junction DTG might consider doing a route extension. It might be a bit of work to make sure the East Coastway to connect with the Brighton Main Line via Keymer Junction but I don’t think it would be impossible.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Maybe... but it's fun hiding in plain sight. :)
    Glad you like it! Suppose there are some other little details... I hope you like them too! ...whatever they may be...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  11. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Now you’re just teasing ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Shame the livery editor doesn't include the 09 yet, but did this for the 08 anyway, maybe will do it again for the 09 when can. Would love to know what you think! (Shameless plug at the same time :D)

https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...-locomotives/i1532-sr-class-0908-cedric-wares

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  13. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The Class 09 needs an upgrade anyway. It lacks all the features, which the class 08 has in details. Maybe Joe or Matt can say more, if DTG is planning to adress that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Haha, let's not let our imagination get too carried away lol. But as this is my local route, it's hard to contain my own excitement. :D
    Hahaha sellout confirmed :D It looks great! I can't believe in all the pictures I was looking at, I didn't notice the tiny Southern logo. Nice job!
    I only really know of its existance than anything else. I don't really play WSR or NTP, I prefer more modern (and electric) routes like Bakerloo, Munich-Augsburg and LIRR. I was kinda hoping people could paint it but at least it's a similar colour as is.

• Like Like x 5
  15. iosadumswing#1673

iosadumswing#1673 New Member

It doesn't bother me that its not a Monday or Tuesday, and instead they are lets plays. What bothers me is that Wednesday and Thursday is basically the exact same stream. Cant it be Wednesday TS2022, Thursday Preview & Friday TS2022? If there is a reason behind it being a Friday, i hope its a good one.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Coastway trainspotter

Now you’ve said it out loud to the community though ;)

17. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Oh yeah... It's a good thing I never applied to MI5... :)

18. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

I re
    I really hope it’s not October 14th

• Like Like x 1
  19. Coastway trainspotter

I’m happy for it to take as long as it needs to release the BML , as long as the product it good quality

• Like Like x 1
  20. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would imagine it's that because Wednesday is the usual "Train Sim Classic day" and Thursday may well be the release of their update

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. jackthelad258

If the preview is on Friday then I predict it will be released on the following Thursday, which is the 7th.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Indeed, Thursday the 30th is the release of TS2022 which will be why there are 2 streams dedicated to the deluxe edition route which is brand new and has not had a preview stream yet.

• Like Like x 1
  23. iosadumswing#1673

iosadumswing#1673 New Member

Oh okey. I wasn't aware of that sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  24. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Judging by the state of the cranes, Reigate station and Preston Park station that's not too likely. :(

My hunch is that the best thing about it will be Joe's intense timetable.

• Like Like x 3
  25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

What trains are involved?
    Which additional DLCs?

26. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

No idea other than what we have seen already so:
    • The class 465 if you own South eastern High Speed + class 465.
    • The class 09 if you own West Somerset.
    • The 313 if you own East Coastway plus the 313 when it releases.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Coastway trainspotter

All of which are being looked into to be fixed

28. ARuscoe

The other RH routes have had 2 previews, so could be 14th. Won't know until we know

• Like Like x 1
  29. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Ah yes. Maybe considering they have added the Meißen branch, they might do us a favour and add Lewes? Not counting on it though, but a pleasant surprise would be much welcome.

It would be the first time that Lewes to Keymer Junction would be represented in a simulation (which isn’t 3rd Party)

• Like Like x 2
  30. Coastway trainspotter

The ring is the Keymer branch was never announced , but meißen was , so there is a reason for dtg to add it

31. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I don't know why people suddenly expect branches to be added to old and new routes out of nowhere, it was clearly stated that this was only done on Dresden because alot of work has already been done to the Meißen branch at the point when they first decided to cut them. Given how advanced the first screenshots for Meißen looked, they clearly also picked up work on it again way before we saw it on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Thank you, this is how disappointment from something that was never announced comes about.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

There's an awful lot of wishful thinking going on in the various BML threads. So far just 2 driveable trains have been mentioned officially and one "scenery" loco, despite what people may have seen in the WIP screenshots. No additional layers have been confirmed and certainly no extra branches or sections, other than Reigate, Redhill and Quarry. Plus, talk of routes being " interconnected" is not supported by anything I've read.
    Aren't some people setting themselves up for a bit of a let down?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  34. JimbobQ

JimbobQ Member

The next BML article will talk about layers. I think some need to temper their excitement just alittle bit till we get further information from the article and the preview stream(s).

• Like Like x 1
  35. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I hope you are right :)
    I am also very interested in it (paid extras), but it is in the context of the budget /o\

36. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

If you take a look in the screenshots from the article they did about the electrostars, you can see the cranes have already been replaced by the correct type and they are looking really good!

• Like Like x 3
  37. ARuscoe

"Expecting" is different to "would like". We can discuss the possibilities until we're blue in the face but only DTG know what they've built and where. If we only ever talked about what is then this would be a very dull forum indeed.

• Like Like x 6
  38. jackthelad258

I think the expectation is based on as this is a train simulator, the main emphasis should be focused on matching routes and surroundings that are used in real life. I wouldn’t be disappointed if certain aspects are missing i.e. branches not included or surrounds looking different but it would be nice to have those sort of things.

• Like Like x 3
  39. breblimator

breblimator Guest

AP sounds* (mentioned in another thread and 'confirmed' by JD?) are one of the foundations. BR o7
    * my expectations in this regard are unimaginably high

• Like Like x 4
  40. ARuscoe

You obviously haven't played much train sim (as in TSC). Routes are very much point to point and the reason I stopped playing it (with about £800 invested) is because side routes are either not built, or where there are "stub branches", they're incorrectly signed, signalled etc.
    Given I find point to point runs fairly boring, preffering some weird freight move or similar, this is really annoying...

I would happily have the line North from Lewes mainly to drive the freight from South London down to Haywards Heath or the coast. Passenger I can give or take but a run like that (then the reverse with full wagons) and a load of adverse signals floating along the slow lines... Just take my money already (as some people say...)

41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody here has ever done that in the run up to a new release. Ever :D

DTG do like to put little surprises in, so there might be something we’re not expecting, such as a new feature or something people have been asking for for years. Who would like to bet £1 that this is the route where passenger announcements first appear? Stranger things have happened.

• Like Like x 9
  42. jackthelad258

I would love to have more station announcements, we currently have the generic safety announcements but I’d like it if we had announcements such as “The next service on platform X will be the 10:03 service to X calling at XYZ. This service is formed of X coaches/carriages.” Little things like that would enhance the realism for me.

• Like Like x 6
  43. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I think it's less to do with 'expecting' some of these features (as they're clearly not coming on release, for instance the Keymer Jnc line, 455 etc) but it's providing some wishlisting feedback to DTG (who we know watch and participate on these forums) to let them know what we would like to see next and in the future.

I don't think many people are expecting us to get bonus locos or branchlines at release for free, and I personally think that's completely unrealistic, but giving Matt, Sam, JD, Joe and everyone else at DTG a heads-up on what we'd like to see next (for instance as paid DLC) and how we can build on it? I think that's worthwhile discussing, personally.

• Like Like x 7
  44. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Currently the GX Class 387s are working on Paddington area services due to no GX services at this time. They look amazing when mixed with GWR green and Crossrail white/purple units out on the line.

45. ARuscoe

"Little things"...
    The next train at platform 2 is the seventeen thirty three Thameslink service to Luton, calling at Chatham, Rochester, Strood, Higham, Gravesend, Northfleet, Swanscombe, Greenhithe, Stone Crossing, Dartford, Slade Green, Abbey Wood, Plumstead, Woolwich Arsenal, Charlton, Westcombe Park, Maze Hill, Greenwich, Deptford, London Bridge, London Blackfriars, City Thameslink, Farringdon, St Pancras International, West Hampstead Thameslink, Mill Hill Broadway, Elstree and Borehamwood, Radlett, Saint Albans, Harpenden, Luton Airport Parkway and Luton. This service is formed of 7 coaches.

That's 77 words the game has to know about, store and regurgitate just for one service at Gillingham (Kent)

There are also trademarked names in there (like City Thameslink, Luton Airport Parkway etc) which would need licensing. The voice actor who performs it would need licensing, if it's the original recording then whoever recorded it would need licensing (or the license owner...)

So not really all that little a thing to do. As Sam said on stream this week, they could do "simlish" announcements, that sort of gibberish which could be any language, but close enough so as not to BE any language. But then people want authentic

• Like Like x 1
  46. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

One of the pictures show Class 387/2 having a Pantograph therefore you can use it on Cathcart Circle Modded GWML London Paddington to reading as a Hayes and Harlington service without off the rails mode.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Hmm, not sure, what's the exchange rate, things have been a little tight recently? :D

Seriously, though, passenger announcements and those information signs that I never look at are pretty low on my priority list. If I can go against my own advice (see above) and pipe dream for a moment, I'd wish for some real weather, as in leaving Victoria in bright sunshine, then the sky begins to darken and suddenly there's a cloud burst or thunder and lightning and then, just as suddenly, the sun comes out again. I'd pay an extra £1 or 2 for that, whatever the exchange rate.

• Like Like x 8
  48. Coastway trainspotter

I won’t bet that much . Maybe an apple and a piece of Lego would be more reasonable :)

• Like Like x 1
  49. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

Fair point

50. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

That makes sense but DTG could easily push the date back if they feel they need to

• Like Like x 1