Train And Route Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anonymous, Sep 23, 2021.

?
  1. Super Voyager

13.9%
  2. Pendolino

22.2%
  3. Both

63.9%
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

What is your opinion?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Meh, the Pendo is really limited on routes so it would be a no for me, and I cant even look at a Super Voyager without remembering the nausatating smell onboard!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello,
    Awh no! You had a bad experience onboard a Super Voyager? Oh, sorry you didn't enjoy it.

They remind me of my Childhood the Pendolinos and the Super Voyagers and the smell of diesel from the Super Voyagers I found very comforting

Thankyou for commenting

4. redrev1917

A 13 hour trip from Aberdeen to Penzance has put me off them for life.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

It’s so funny (wierd) seeing that people “grew up with Voyagers”, I seem to forget they are 20 years old now!

6. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Everyone without anosmia had a bad experience with the Voyagers didn't they? To be fair to Cross Country, they sent me a free WiFi code to apologise for the smell once.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think this thread would be better titled, "Pendolino and/or Super Voyager" rather than something generic that will get lost in the sands of forum time. And, as always with these things, would be better with [working] pictures! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello,
    The Super Voyagers were built the year I was born, the year being 2001 and I had travelled a lot of the time between the year of 2004-2007 from Sheffield to York with Virgin trains operating that particular line. So, the Super Voyagers and the Pendolinos are the trains that give me that childhood nostalgia

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello,
    I am Sorry for the image, it did work up until I had posted it and once I clicked on the link nothing loaded. However, I am new to this platform and I am still trying to navigate my way around the site

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello,
    Thankyou for your comment. In all honesty, I don't remember any bad smell with the Voyagers all I remember is the satisfying smell of diesel as you stepped onto the train.
    But, that was good of Cross Country to help with the inconvenience

11. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I remember when they entered into service and my friends and I all avoided them in favour of loco hauled class 47s, class 86s and Paxman powered HSTs. It is strange to think they are 20 years old now and have been part of my rail scene longer than the locos they replaced! i’d still prefer the 86/87 and HST though, but I grew up with those.

it is good to see that younger people feel the same way about trains they grew up with that I did, and indeed the older generation did with steam etc.

I did think the hobby would fade away when the older stuff was replaced with new trains that are very similar in appearance. Enjoy them whilst you can because in 20 years or so when the 221s, 377s, 450s etc go and get replaced you won’t feel the same affection for their replacements!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello,
    Oh wow, that was a long journey. Was it just the smell that gave you a bad experience or was it a mixture of things?

Thankyou for your comment

13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

What about an option in the vote for ‘neither’ ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello,
    Well if the answer was neither I would expect people not to take part in the vote.

I have modelled this poll particularly for those who are fans of the Tilting Super Voyagers and Tiliting Pendolinos.

But. Thankyou for commenting, I'm assuming 'neither' is your answer?

However, over 50% have voted to say they would buy both if they were to be available in TSW

Thankyou for your comment again, it is very much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  15. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Neither is my answer , but you if there you can still take part in the vote to say you don’t want a certain dlc to be added , instead of only having votes from people who do want this dlc

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello,
    Thank you for your answer, but I was just curious to know the answers of those who know both the Super Voyagers and Pendolinos and personally, I think they would be great to add to TSW as I understand they are in Train Simulator but I don't have a PC and would really love to see DTG's enhancement touches, including the visual effect, the sound etc.

And it is good to see that over 60% would want both in the game as they are superior classes of trains compared to some that are already in TSW.

I am personally a fan of High Speed Trains and believe that the next time DTG create another British DLC they could perhaps do a Mainline that runs the Super Voyagers and Pendolinos

Thankyou for your comment,
    It is very much appreciated

17. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Hopefully you are speaking for yourself there and not others.
    I like a voyager, don't care for a pendo and there are certainly better trains in the UK let alone elsewhere, mainly because the pendos are very limited in what they can do, and the Voyagers (though a bit more flexible) are stuck on mainline duties for now.
    The "best trains" for me are ones which operate a multitude of roles and lines rather than green light specials, so give me a sprinter or alphaline (158) over a pendo any day

• Like Like x 1
  18. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

And it is good to see that over 60% would want both in the game as they are superior classes of trains compared to some that are already in TSW.[/QUOTE]
    1. There's no choice to say you wouldn't want what your suggesting
    2. Personally I don't think the voyager or pendo
    Would be superior to other trains in TSW
    I would go with the HST or a PEP for the that
    3.we wouldn't see a route featuring either since we would need a long route at least eustin ti Milton Keynes

• Like Like x 2
  19. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

And 100% of voters want at least one of these trains...

I wonder why.
    Seriously is this the USSR or what?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Factor41

Lies, damned lies, and statistics :D

(I do want a Voyager...)

• Like Like x 2
  21. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

That's Masochism - I'd just fly SW-Scotland - 13hours vs 1hr - and that's without Crosscountry advances being more expensive then a flexible Easyjet ticket.

22. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello,
    I appreciate your comment but, if people didn't want either, they wouldn't have taken part in the Poll.

So, there is no need for that sarcastic comment thankyou. Because the result would have been 0% from people not taking part in the survey. But, I gave the poll and fans, of both classes, have voted and we have our answers.

Thankyou for your comment, but a bit of advice for next time is that if you see a Poll but don't like any of the answers, don't take part in it. Which will reflect your opinion in the statistical review at the end of the polling date.

23. Factor41

You asked - and his opinion is "This vote is rigged".

Do you think this vote is rigged? Choose from the following answers...

a) Yes
    b) Yes
    c) Very much yes

• Like Like x 2
  24. trainsimplayer

Firstly, I do actually quite like the idea of a Voyager and a Pendolino. And I voted accordingly.

Secondly, just saying "don't vote if you don't like anything" isn't a very... Sound... Way of polling.

It's basically just saying:
    "Would you like this? (If you don't you should just stay away)"

25. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello Factor41,
    I am very brand new to this platform and the question of "What is your opinion?" was related to the 2 classes mentioned. I tried to insert 2 pictures. One of a Virgin Pendolino and the other of the Tilting Super Voyager.

However, the images I tried to upload wouldn't open to everyone else, so I deleted the images but don't know how to delete that question.

Thankyou

26. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello TrainSimPlayer,
    I meant no offence you understand, but I see Polling on websites exactly the same as I view polling in politics.

They give you several politicians in which to vote and if you don't like the look nor the sound of either, you don't vote do you?.

There's no such thing as a polling card in which to vote to say you don't want either.

Thankyou for your comment it is very much appreciated. I meant no offence you understand, I am seeing many arguements erupt in the comment sections of my posts in which I have no interest in getting involved in nor do I wish to add fuel to the flame. But that is what I imagined people would do if they didn't want either.

Thankyou for voting, its nice to see so many people are interested and are fans of one or the other class

27. Factor41

But in any political election you do know how many people were registered to vote and how many people spoiled their ballot papers in protest. In situations where everyone on a committee is required to submit a vote on a key issue, for example, those choosing to abstain are also counted, rather than disregarded. Without a "No" option on your poll, the assumption would naturally be that everyone who saw it wanted one or both of the trains, whereas that's not necessarily the case, hence the varied posts below it. The way a poll is constructed can give wildly different results for the same basic question... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misuse_of_statistics

• Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello Factor41,

I am one of those people who doesn't vote if I don't like what I see or hear about a particular subject.

For example, I have seen many polls on here and many suggestions that I am not instrested in seeing in the game as I am a High Speed fan and many suggestions I have come across ask for pacers, shunting trains etc.

I have seen Polls with an option to vote "no" or neither" but because I have no interest in the topic in which they are asking about, I simply don't vote or answer.

Thankyou for your comment, its much appreciated.

29. trainsimplayer

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Like Like x 1
  30. redrev1917

I travel trains the same reason why people climb mountains, because its there. I wouldnt do it again but Im glad I did it. I mean you can fly Manchester to Beijing in about 12 hours but that still didnt stop me taking the train (about 14 days excluding stops).

• Like Like x 1
  31. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

I'm going to go for AB and C. It's almost like I can't say no

• Like Like x 1
  32. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I don't like polls where you can only vote a favourable outcome for the poster. I cast a would not buy vote because I don't know those trains, no info, no images.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello,

Thankyou for your comment.

I tried upload some images of the two classes I mentioned but the images won't load for others.
    However, the two trains mentioned are the two that you can see on my PfP.

Thankyou for your comment, it's much appreciated

34. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello JealousSheep768,

Thank you so much for getting these images for me, this is so very much appreciated.

Thank you

36. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello Ant,

I do apologise for not having the images before. I had tired to attach images of both classes but they were not loading for other people. However, I have now attached images of both the Pendolino and the Tilting Super Voyager

Thankyou for your comment it's much appreciated