In Cab Visual Deterioration (series X - Post Patch)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pinxtonpaws, Aug 19, 2021.

1. sVig

sVig Member

Hmmph. I didn't pick up on it at the time then when I jumped in and the graphic issue reared its head, I was just in the electric LGV through the TV on low . It sucks if this audio issue won't be fixed.

2. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Still happen all the time, same on Dresden Riesa that The Graphic picture loads always new or blurred texture

3. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Hey guys any updates when this might get fixed.?, bumping for good health ;)

• Like Like x 4
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Im not too sure. I haven't been playing tsw2 in a while because of this

5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I’m sick and tired about this

• Like Like x 1
  6. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

If this was a glitch affecting the PC, I guess they would have found a fix very quickly hahaha

• Like Like x 2
  7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I deleted my previous message partly because it was wrong but mostly because we now have official factual information on the matter.

Just wanted to relay Matt's post here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. j.hp29

j.hp29 New Member

They went about it to a bigger extend yesterday at the beginning of the Roadmap live too. It seems like it's on its way "soon" !

9. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

But then later in the stream towards the end he said it should be released with Brighton. So still 3 weeks away at least

10. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Any news on this?

11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

On the roadmap stream Matt said they have found a new solution, and if everything goes well it should be released soon-ish

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

Let's hope so because the core update / Rush Hour expansion was supposed to be a celebration of greater things to come but at the minute the XBox version is nothing short of a catastrophe. So much so that I have little desire to even play it yet alone spend even more money on it so this, along with the constant crashing, has to be a 'sooner rather than later' resolution.

Kinda sad really because it wasn't too long ago that DTG were demanding more money to ensure a better product for everyone - and despite that profound statement of intent here we are, two thirds of the way into an expansion that has not only produced the same old quality problems we've all come to expect from the release of addons but done so in a core game that barely works.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

The Rush Hour core update is not a celebration. It broke the game on Xbox. Riesa Dresden i cannot even play because of the crashes and already BML is coming soon..

This whole core update took away allot of enjoyment of playing TSW. Sad.

• Like Like x 3
  14. dreampage

Good news, thank you. It boggles the mind though, why you have to find a "solution" to make textures stay where they are in a videogame... :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Boris The Frog

I said it was *supposed to be a celebration* but yeah, I think we can all agree that the update has taken away pretty much all the enjoyment the game has to offer. Maybe it's time for a rollback until DTG have a better understanding of how to make their game work properly.

• Like Like x 3
  16. cjm#5741

cjm#5741 Member

I'm hoping a fix is out before London-Brighton is released. I've not played much because this issue is a total game breaker for me - I know to others it won't be

• Like Like x 7
  17. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I've simply used trains where the effect is less noticeable, so the ones that use screens, and/or slower routes, so I mainly played Ruhr-Sieg Nord and Rhein-Ruhr Osten, then when they confirmed they had a possible solution I bought the Season Pass again and I'm playing almost exclusively Riesa-Dresden with the Talent, Cab Car and a bit of BR143.

But I've not been playing much and a lot of my favourite trains are unusable, I can't wait to try some BR101 and ICE services for example, or play NEC a bit more, not talking about the completely unplayable ones like LGV and SEHS.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Boris The Frog

Yup, that's all you can do - but compromising with one issue isn't the 'cure all' situation because the random crashes, poor audio and irritating (which are nothing more than irritating) spawning problems will follow you wherever you go. In saying that though, the CTD's have become much less frequent at this end....but that might be more to do with the fact that I'm playing it less and less.

It's strange really because I was looking back thru this thread and picked up on your (what I called "deep" at the time) loading/timings post and it occurred to me that what is currently happening during gameplay isn't really that much different from when you load a route and sometimes the cab details take a little longer to process or when you scroll thru the routes on the menu and the driver avatar takes a split second to load details correctly, so maybe you're not far off with those thoughts. Ha, I don't even know why I read the thread from start to finish :cool:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  19. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Ctds in Dresden, texture glitches audio glitches and the list goes on. Soon the list will be too big for them lol
    Where to start ...

• Like Like x 2
  20. anthonyruk

anthonyruk New Member

Hey, this is still an issue right? I haven't played since the updates as I've been away but loaded up East Coastway tonight and it's like the cab is reloading the interior while driving and loading it in at different quality. Sometimes the speed dial is really pixilated, other times it's fine.

Have I missed a further update, there's nothing pending from the Microsoft store but I notice it's not mentioned anymore either?

Thanks. :)

21. fl991r

fl991r Member

It's still going on. On the roadmap stream Nat called it a "high priority item", and it's one of the reasons why the core update is still in the "in production" section of the roadmap. A fix does not seem imminent, but we can still dream.

• Like Like x 1
  22. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

JD said it’s actually tested

• Like Like x 1
  23. fl991r

fl991r Member

Yeah, in today's stream Matt said it, "turned out to be a much more hairy fix... quite an unpleasant change... related to how UE 4.26 has changed some internals... as a result that one [is] in for more QA just to make sure that that hasn't had unforeseen side effects".

JD said there are "a couple of opportunities for patches in the coming weeks so we're hopeful we'll get it in one of those in the future".

• Like Like x 1
  24. sVig

sVig Member

What was the 2.78gb update for today then? I say today, I mean I'm only installing the update today. First time I've turned the X on this week.

25. bakedpotatos.jm

The problem is a fix like this we shouldn't have to wait for a patch window...it should be released when its ready.

I understand waiting for updates, upgrades and DLC for patch windows. But a fix for something as immersion breaking as this that exists on every Xbox platform on every route and loco we should not be waiting for a window.

At least other developers don't make you wait for a game breaking fix. If its passed QC on Monday we should get it Monday not have to wait a couple of weeks until we have a paid DLC to release it along side with.

• Like Like x 6
  26. tallboy7648

Not really sure why dtg has this policy unless it's not not have players constantly download updates

• Like Like x 1
  27. Boris The Frog

Matt...
    Hairy fix...

We are still talking about trains, aren't we :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  28. bakedpotatos.jm

It just boggles my mind and makes absolutely no sense. At least no valid explanation why has ever been mentioned.

Its not like they get charged for every update or there are caps on download size or amounts. ( at least until PS decided to put a 64gb limit on DLC on your system, god only knows why) I understand why it's gone for a 2nd time into QC better to make sure and double check that it doesn't cause any other issues. But why would we have to wait for a "window"?

Same with the preservation crew when they are done with an update it should just come out and not well we have to wait for another DLC, and preferably a route from the same region as well.

We have already paid for the route, just release it when its done and stop making us wait for windows. And don't get me started on the fact 2 streams last week said we would be getting the fix along side London Commuter. But once again as usual that was false.

• Like Like x 2
  29. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG JD while it’s on testing, are you also aware that the Destination boards on UK Locos like the Class 52 and Trains Bakerloo Line, Class 101 and 314 all blurred outside as well D1A7F7E5-C534-4EF3-8BA7-5322098A8C16.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  30. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

In testing - so it's in the process of being tested. It's not ready to go yet, but we'll get it out as soon as we can when it's ready.

• Like Like x 4
  31. tallboy7648

I do agree though that this policy makes no sense whatsoever and needs to be changed.

32. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I fail to grasp why fixing the audio is such a big deal. As far as I understand the source files should not require any modifications (they’re the same for all platforms), it’s how it’s converted during the build compilation that requires change. It certainly would be nice to have more information about this.

• Like Like x 2
  33. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

Interestingly the AWS audio sounds much better on BML (xbox series s). I'm not getting the looping.

• Like Like x 2
  34. dreampage

So I assume this issue is still not fixed? I'm interested in buying the new DB BR 187 on October 14, but I will not if the textures still go blurry on Xbox.

• Like Like x 1
  35. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

It's still an issue, you can save up your money a bit. Although from my experiences it's not so bad on the german routes like on others but these days you never know...

• Like Like x 1
  36. tallboy7648

True but honestly I wouldn't gamble on that lol

37. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

Difference is DTG have never been Premier League

• Like Like x 1
  38. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Any updates dtg? We have been patiently waiting :)

39. fl991r

fl991r Member

Matt said in the stream today that there is no update yet, but that he would tell us as soon as there is.

• Like Like x 2
  40. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They need fixed the bug inside and outside finally.
    It’s over 2 months

• Like Like x 1
  41. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

This morning on my Series X I had to keep switching between cab and external views as the sound issue kept making my cl 387 sound like a sprinter. The texture bug was particularly bad, textures reloading every 30 secs or so. The speedometer then stayed blurry when everything else came back sharp. Please please please sort these issues out DTG it’s ruining the game for we Xbox players.

• Like Like x 5
  42. tallboy7648

2 months and still nothing. Not suprised

43. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG don’t Care about there community.
    It’s a joke Matt

• Like Like x 1
  44. Boris The Frog

I hope they prove me wrong but sometimes you have to wonder if they're just buying time with all this talk about patches being in testing and in reality they're nowhere close to resolving this issue a. After all, it wasn't too long ago that a different patch was as good as ready and the time before that they thought they'd isolated something or other, with neither of which amounting to anything whatsoever.

DTG also need to drop this "it's merely an annoyance" attitude towards this glitching because it's nothing of the sort. In some instances it's game breaking and two months to resolve anything in that category isn't acceptable.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  45. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Totally agree, but if they wish to lose custommers on the long term well that's up to them. I must say I finally bought the rush hour pass because I want to give them a chance, and because apart from the texture and audio glitches, the routes are really enjoyable. But I won't keep paying dlc if they don't fix what they have to fix in priority...

• Like Like x 1
  46. dreampage

No matter what DTG promises and how many times poor Sam has to apologize on stream, the quality just doesn't change. Whenever they ship new content or a new update it's bugged and we have to wait weeks, if not months until Adam's preservation crew catches up and finally attempts to fix things. It doesn't even always work for the first time, sometimes even fixes need fixes. Is the Talent-2 sound fixed on Rapid Transit yet at all, for example? This texture bug is just the icing on the cake, ruining the whole game for Xbox players. The years go by and nothing changes in this regards. Just bugs everywhere.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  47. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The rubbish texture bug is still present in today's core game update 13/10.

I would rather they rolled out the fixes they have in QA testing to us as customers so we can actually give them feedback on whether it's fixed outside of their dev units.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  48. cjm#5741

cjm#5741 Member

I suppose we just need to keep making noise about it on here

• Like Like x 1
  49. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Especially when we are free to buytest new DLC constantly :D :D sorry that wasn't very productive but it had to be..

• Like Like x 1
  50. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Ran London Commuter service after both the core and route update. Definitely getting less texture reloading ~ it’s still there from time to time but much less frequent for me. I figure they slipped out a partial fix to see if we would notice! ;) Or I’m going crazy and imagining it.

• Like Like x 1