Northern Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ben#4827, Sep 26, 2021.

1. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

In this post I am suggesting the northern line as a future TSW 2 DLC
    This route would include all 52 stations including the battersea power station branch which has recently opened.
    This has all branches to Morden, Edgware, Mill Hill East and High Barnet making it the full route
    The stock would be the 1995 tube stock which is a nice litle speedy train to take london commuters to their destinations.

Personly I think this would be a fun route being able to see the outside world aswell
    And maybe as a surprise we could get the waterloo and city line with it

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Most people don't want another underground route, one is enough.
    Way to many stations for one add-on.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I fully support this statement. Could probably live without one, tbh! :D

• Like Like x 4
  4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I agree - to an extent.

I think we should leave an exception for the Metropolitan line (it's close enough to a National Rail line :D), but I do think we need no more deep level lines. Especially after Bakerloo.

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I think the Met would be a great addition. It would be like Dovetail making any other route, as only around 10 Miles is Underground. Thats shorter than some tunnels of SEHS

6. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Please don't presume to speak for others. Some don't want another, some very much do.

• Like Like x 4
  7. lewisgcrossley

lewisgcrossley New Member

Yeah, that’s if they added linking up routes you could go from Paddington on gwe down into London on the bakerloo and go down to Victoria on Victoria line onto BML

8. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Hold up. So I could say 2 BR Blue routes is enough then. See what I mean. You can't really say 1 is enough and my pretty sure there are many who want another underground route.

9. GrandMoffLucaPaguro

GrandMoffLucaPaguro Active Member

More underground routes would be nice, true they aren't really lush with scenery but I've always been fascinated with the Underground lines, espiecally the Tube.

• Like Like x 1
  10. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Surprised no one's said it's automatic! And as you include the Battersea branch, it couldn't be backdated to pre2011 when it was manual!

• Like Like x 2
  11. mooredean1978

mooredean1978 Active Member

Agree Metropolitan Line or District line as majority of these routes are subsurface

12. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

Long post, but you'll see why when you're done reading.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything to do with the London Underground. It's just not my cup of tea. But for those that do want it, it's a bit of a troublesome thing.

The London Underground is, for the most part, underground. That means very little scenery and tunnels galore. I don't think that warrants the usual DTG price tag for routes. Pricing, therefore, is tricky. It's hard to value something without much scenery to model.

52 stations would probably warrant £24.99, but it sounds unrealistic for there to be that many included. For the sake of argument, lets say they include all 52. How long would it be before players get bored of this particular section of the Underground and ask for another? My guess is, not very long. Weather conditions don't really matter and most of what you'd see are dark tunnels.

I think if DTG wanted to add another Underground route, they should include more than one in a pack. That'd hold player's attention for longer and would mean spaces on the roadmap are free for other routes that appeal to other players.

Going really crazy, but wouldn't Underground fans prefer if all of the Underground sections were made and included in one big pack? That would cement TSW as THE London Underground simulator. Sounds easier than it might seem if most of the routes consist of tunnels.

• Like Like x 1