Br 139 Cab Ride - Driver Pov

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lamplight, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Just found this interesting cab ride in a German Br 139. The most interesting part is that the video was shot from the driver's point of view meaning that you see everything as if you were driving - including the cold start at the beginning :)

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I finally watched it. So good. Bottom line: I need a high fidelity "pro series" locomotive model, fully functional, preferably old school.
    In DCS, the daily routine of most players I know (me included) is a full cold start, at least once a day. Immersion.
    This topic has already been discussed in this forum more than once. Just thinking to myself. Dreams.

The video - a revelation!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Agreed on all points! Driving a train is fantastic, but there is so much more to being a train driver than just sitting down and pulling away. I'd love something like a proper cold start of an Einheitselok on a cold rainy morning. Recently, paul.pavlinovich suggested a daily inspection as a scenario (an idea which I support even though a lot of development would need to be spent on how such an inspection would work in a sim). Both could be combined into a very interesting scenario or service :D

True - it's so rare to see such a detailed video of an actual cold start. If you're interested and haven't seen it yet, the same channel also uploaded a similar video of a Br 151 cold start. The video coverage of the cold start seems less complete, however.

• Like Like x 3
  4. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Oh I definitely agree Lamplight and breblimator there is so much more to trains than just whacking it in "go faster" mode :).

There are heaps of cold start videos on YouTube for just about any locomotive you could think of.

Paul

• Like Like x 2