After Updating Ps5 System Software: New Routes Not Visible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by appleerwin, Sep 15, 2021.

1. bwlyons

bwlyons New Member

Is there an easy way to do that like on the previous consoles with physical-mechanical drives?

2. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

not sure I understand the question? :o

3. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

would've been nice for DTG to have left an update as we reach another weekend without a solution. I would've thought that they'd learnt that communication is key after all these summer months fiascoes. unless i am missing a communicae somewhere, but i tried to look in the most expected places. i know the game isnt broke as bad as the first ps4 palava we went through, but to not have access to the newest content you paid for is just a tad annoying. i appreciate the issue lies more r soley??? with sony but you hopefully are in a better situation to be in communication wih them. So come on DTG just a quick update that you have with sony would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  4. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Not so sure the issue lies more (and definitely not solely) with Sony, and that might be what's causing a delay in any fix. We know it's not a store issue (despite what Sam said on the live stream last week) coz we can delete other routes to restore the ones missing. So what did the PS5 update do that's means there's an incompatibility with the way TSW2 reads in and validates installed routes (which appears to be what's causing the issue)?

But you are right that an update going into the weekend should have been a matter of course. I was certainly expecting one after JD was quite apologetic that this wouldn't be resolved last weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

Hi all I've been away for a week, checked back here and I'm sure you guys are on to something with "max routes". I have most of the routes, apart from a couple of US freight, and was only missing the new Reisa route. PS5*. I've now deleted several routes and most of the extra locos and I can access the Reise route again. I don't know though whether it is the number of routes or the memory taken, as I notice the resia route is over 6GB and most are 2-3. Just deleting 2 routes was not enough to get it to show, so I removed a lot more. I don't have time now but will add those I removed one by one until things stop working again. Hope this helps.

*I totally removed the PS4 versions after the previous issues with DLC for that version, as 5 was working then I didn't see the need for both versions - but I guess if this can't be sorted I'll have use the newest routes on Ps5 version and older ones on Ps4 (assuming that's been fixed now)

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Frustration and curiosity got the better of me so I deleted LIRR to see if that gave me Dresden back and it worked. The BR101 has gone now though and so isn’t available on HRR. I haven’t checked to see if anything else was ousted to make room for DRA. With this issue and the game crashing for players who do have the 101 appear, I think I’m in a happy middle ground while we wait for a fix.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

it is such a curious situation. I have 27 dlc of which 8 are locos. All of which are appearing fine for me. So the idea of a dlc limit seems odd to me. Is there anything else that could be different between our machines?

I'm in Japan so mine was bought in Japan but uses a UK PSN and the UK store. Could some difference like that be held accountable?
    Other physical differences that might be possible- I have no external drive attached and other than TSW2 all my other software remains on my old ps4 so I have acres of SSD space still.

It's mind boggling.
    Is there anything else like this we could list to see if any pattern appears?

8. erikun#1296

erikun#1296 New Member

So I was having the same problem with Dresden not showing up and slow loading on PS5 earlier in the week. I have all the route DLCs except Cane Creek and Clinchfield, and none of the loco DLCs. I deleted West Somerset and Oakville, and then Dresden reappeared back in the game. This afternoon it was still there. However when I started the game tonight the slow loading had come back. When I finally loaded into the menu Dresden was gone again. I shut the game down and deleted one more DLC, reloaded the game and it was still gone. I proceeded to delete more DLC one at a time (and reloading the game each time) until I had deleted a total of four and it's still gone now. As of now I have six DLCs deleted in total and I can't seem to get Dresden appear or the slow loading to stop. So the situation seems to be getting worse for me as time goes on.

9. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

I don't think it's so much a DLC limit per se, but there does seem to be an issue with the number of routes that can be loaded at any one time.

There was a suggestion that the menu was at fault and it could only display 23 routes at a time but I can see 24 routes (there's 3 missing routes) and all of my loco DLCs are still playable through the various routes where applicable.

What I find really strange is that there is little consistency in how this is affecting each of us, outside of problems with Dresden. Some people are reporting probs with Boston, for example, whilst I don't have any issues with Boston.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Hard as it has been I have resisted deleting anything yet as I have been working with JD in the background and hoping an ‘untouched’ set of PS5 dlc will help the investigation. I’ve really missed playing the two most recent routes tho so it had been hard

• Like Like x 5
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I would have done the same when mine was untouched but with the PSN account being my in my partner’s name I thought it might get messy if emails and such were involved in the process, so I didn’t volunteer. I hope your small sacrifice (and anyone else who has helped) gets some good results and we can all get access to all our stuff soon.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Going for two weeks and nothing... No update in two weeks...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This is probably one of the most bizarre bugs ever.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

since i have lost 2 routes and no fix or explanation to why this has happened ive given up playing DTG stuff instead im having lots of fun playing Bus simulator 21, much better game and not boring

• Like Like x 2
  15. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

I've just been affected by this, but strangely I was fine after the PS update. All my DLC was working fine, i'd got everything but BR155, HRO, HL, Cane Creek and DLotGW.

Then I bought DLotGW, installed it and it didn't show up in the game. Reinstalled it a few times, restarting the game inbetween and still nothing.

Just for fun I thought I'd try to remove a piece of DLC just and case this worked. Chose the BR Class 20 and next time I boot the game up DLotGW is ready and waiting. I install the Class 20 again, reboot the game and it's gone again.

Could it be the latest DLC that people bought that's missing? Hence why mostly this the RH routes but not for everyone?

• Like Like x 1
  16. TinTin_57

Any further update from DTG as we enter another week? Hope we get this sorted so we can concentrate on enjoying the London Commuter stream this Friday

• Like Like x 6
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Agreed. It’s taking far longer than I expected for the issue to be identified - never mind fixed.

• Like Like x 7
  18. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

I also agree. I would appreciate an update.

• Like Like x 3
  19. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

The silence is deafening.

• Like Like x 5
  20. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

Purchased a couple of DLC while on sale thus now have all DLC, installed fine but missing in the main menu. Uninstalled Dresden and Boston and all prior DLC showed up. Installed Boston and and Dresden and once again missing DLC. Uninstalled the game entirely, turned off PS5 and restarted and resinstalled all 90Gb but to no avail. Plus takes forever to load the game, which is surprising considering it's on the internal PS5 SSD. Running the latest firmware.

• Like Like x 1
  21. grantrayadams

grantrayadams New Member

As of today 28/0921 i have the following missing. Riesa route and LIRR route. Locomotives-LIRR M3,DB BR 204,DB BR 101,BR Class 33,Caltrain MP36 baby bullet,CSX C40 8W,DB BR 363,DB BR 155,Southeastern BR Class 465 EMU. I have issues in game loading takes a long time and some performance issue during game like it quickly freezes while train is moving. It actually reminds me that i am playing on the PS4 system and not the PS5. I have sent a ticket to DTG hope they can update us soon.

• Like Like x 1
  22. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Come on DTG, two weeks later we should have more information on this problem. What the hell is going on?
    Update on your conversations with SONY, I think they have had more than enough time to detect the source of this bug. Push what you can within your means because the problem comes from the ps5 system update. You can't let time go on forever, we have a right to know what is going on.
    I am not affected at the moment but I will not continue to buy anything until there is clarity on this. I don't know what will happen if I install any other downloadable content. Will something I already have installed disappear? Or will I have to uninstall something older to be able to use what I buy?
    Please understand that this situation is untenable.
    You are not to blame for what has happened, but it is your product that has been affected, so you have to make it a high priority to get it fixed.

• Like Like x 11
  23. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I deleted a massive rant on here at the weekend.

As others I too am fed up with this.

lastly please stop moaning about the loading speed and the SSD. The game is broken that’s why it’s slow. The hardware is fine and Sony didn’t slow it down, or adding an extra SSD will have no impact. Gosh :D

so yeah, dear DTG (CBA to tag) please patch the game, fix the rush hour dlc that’s clearly off as the tiles don’t match. Sort out the DB behind the scenes so we can get back to normal and enjoy the last week or so of hype for BML. Thanks :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  24. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey everyone, first of all I want to say how much we appreciate how understanding and patient you've all been with this situation.
    We understand it's frustrating and we particularly want to thank those of you who have been providing us with useful information to assist in finding a resolution.

As you know we have been working closely with Sony to determine what has happened to your add-ons. We now believe we have identified the issue.

At this time we are are working on a solution to get all of your content back to you as quickly as we can.

I am unable to offer you an exact timeframe for this solution, but once we make further progress I will be sure to keep you updated.

In the meantime here is a temporary workaround: Some players have found that reducing the number of add-ons currently installed, will allow you to access any add-on. Therefore, we would suggest that you only install the add-ons you wish to play now and uninstall the rest.
    To install a new add-on, you may need to remove another first.
    Alternatively, you can download the PS4 version of Train Sim World 2, to install all of your purchased add-ons.

• Like Like x 7
  25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thank you for the update.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Stephen Crofts

Update appreciated Natalie. All power to the folk involved to solve this one.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Excellent update DTG Natster thank you

great to know the issue has been hopefully identified and a fix is in the works :)

• Like Like x 2
  28. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Let's hope that the problem is fixed in time for London Brighton

• Like Like x 3
  29. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

no release date yet for the route nor an eta for the fix. We just need to wait a smidge longer.

pains me to say it but there is the workaround :|

• Like Like x 1
  30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think it’s safe to assume this is still unlikely to be fixed quickly and the workaround seems to work okay for now. I’m working on a list of DLC to determine an acceptable order in which to delete them to allow new DLC downloads to appear in case this drags on beyond the release of London to Brighton. It’s easy to think about not buying anything else new until it’s fixed but I’ve already bought that one, so want I’ll want it straight away on release. If it all gets fixed before that release then it’s happy days.

• Like Like x 3
  31. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Not interested in the workaround to be honest. Too much faffing around.
    I have the ps4 version installed and will more than likely be using that version until this problem is fixed. I mean we are looking at a possible fix for the ps4 to ps5 save game (what will come first)?
    Incidentally I would be interested to know what is the issue that made this happen in the first place.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  32. Stephen Crofts

Yes, would be good to know this so it’s added to the community knowledge base -
    Sony update their OS fairly frequently so the likelihood of more problems will always be there.

33. grantrayadams

grantrayadams New Member

I agree i should apologise when i said the loading is slow i meant DTG and not sony. After the update all my other ps5 games are good so TSW2 is broken.

34. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

It’s cool, there have been many suggestions that is the PS5 running like a dog but it’s purely a busted game trying to load and giving longer times :)

35. TinTin_57

As Tuesday was the last official update, as we go into another weekend has there been any further progress made to an ETA for the fix please?

• Like Like x 3
  36. benuildo

benuildo Member

DTG Natster
    Apparently no progress until now. Can you at least tell us what you believe what the issue is?

• Like Like x 2
  37. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Tumbleweed....and silence once more. You think a short update would be helpful in order not to have lots of people spamming he stream tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  38. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Now that we know the release date is on the seventh will PlayStation five players have anything to look forward to?

39. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

I play a different route every day I buy every route. I don't want to delete a route.

• Like Like x 2
  40. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

I've now been a TSW recruit for just over a year now but finally feel like I'm turning into the forum members when I first started. At the beginning (and even now) - I enjoy the concept of the simulation / game but at the start I was in awe at what it had to offer and the promises by DTG to listen to this / fix that. When on the forum their was lots of dont believe them, they over promise, they fail to deliver etc.... Now after a year I am beginning to feel a little more like this too. I have mentioned in previous posts that I feel COMMUNICATION is key - I mostly enjoy the streams but the lack of updates on issues like this baffles me - I'd assume on a Friday before no commincae on a weekend there would be some acknowledgement regarding the ongoing issue, apology maybe nice about the length of time this is taking and a minor glint of a fix - DTG are in communication with Sony (Or I hope) so should be in the perfect position to feedback / update the status. Yet sadly another week and no.
    I know there is a workaround by deleting services but thats not a good fix if you like a blend / mix of routes etc to use instead of adding and deleting all the time. And its unclear if the Oct 7h release would therefore require more deletion of services....? So Ive decided to wait for a fix.
    I'm unsure if any of the Boston fixes have been corrected yet (as I cant play it with this issue) but again lots of we are aware and we will fix soon - Hasn't this been out for more than a month now. [Note apologies if these have been fixed in an update but sadly I cant check.]
    Their have been many LOVE-ups this year and certainly in the last few months. The streams always report we are listening and we have learnt or mistakes yet routes still come out bugged / game breaking issues sill arise and commuication is always kept to a minimum unless they are promoting the next big thing that at the moment doesnt look like Ill get chance to use on release eventhough like many I have paid for it. Sadly some of the shine and polish I had for this game at the start is becoming tarnished (Like the negative comments I read at my start on the forum once joining the world of TSW) - And whilst I still hold much hope - Id like to see evidence of these "Lessons learnt" I can appreciate that at times you have spoken to soon about things and they werent forthcoming or changed and you got a backlash but on matters of fixes and solutions to constant ongoing errors you must speak out more.
    Lastly I noticed someone else had started another thread on the same issue and got a bit of backlash - I don't know why...? Surely the more people to raise their voice (or post) the better. I hope it shows that others are getting just as fed up too.
    Rant over - and I hope to resume my normal Positive enthusiastic service of TSW soon - But for now the Poor communication and delay like in the real World British Train service is annoying me.

• Like Like x 7
  41. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

Couldn’t have said it any better

42. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

I don't expect this issue to be fixed anytime soon. I believe this is caused by a similar issue to the sound looping over on Xbox, i.e. DTG not following recommended practices in their implementations. It may not be as intensive as the sound loop issue (which DTG don't appear to be in any hurry to fix) but could still requires a major rewrite of the code that loads and validates each route.

So come the end of the week, PS5 users will probably be faced with the choice of deleting more DLC or not playing the new route.

43. TinTin_57

There’s always a Tuesday patch before a Thursday DLC release so we will know in a couple of days if this particular fix comes in that patch and we are good for London Commuter. If it isn’t included it’s a delete only and sadly I’m also not removing stuff

• Like Like x 3
  44. antony.henley

DTG Natster DTG JD

Any news on an update at all?
    Asking as on the PS4 version of Riesa - Dresden which I play on the PS5 (4tb external drive, all routes and DLC) the game crashes at the final station before Dresden (looks like the Miles Platting bug from NTP Route). So I cant really play the dresden route on PS4 or PS5 version of TSW. See Video below.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugyx3dPBuR439SV1Aqx4AaABCQ

Regards

Hentis

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  45. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks, appreciate there's been a bit of radio silence here. We've been working closely with Sony and we believe we've found the source of the issue. At this stage, it's unlikely to hit the patch update that goes alongside London Commuter though.

I'll aim to post out an update, cause of the issue, and a potential workaround as soon as I can.

• Like Like x 3
  46. antony.henley

I think alot of affected people would like to know is will the current "problem" on the PS5 affect the running of the Brighton mainline when its released?

Also why a workaround and not a FIX?

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  47. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Presume the fix is coming, but there's a workaround just in case the fix doesn't land in time for the London Commuter update.

48. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

not all issues have a workaround and a FIX is the only way forward. We are “fortunate” enough to have the delete content option under manage to remove lesser used items.

I guess DTG have tested BML on the current state of the PS5 release and it shows therefore it will be released.

don’t worry I’m in the angry mob as we shouldn’t have to delete to access other stuff.
    But really…. Who owes all routes and uses all of them so frequently this will upset there gaming?

49. TinTin_57

I also wouldn't be confident that deleting content to make room for more won't actually cause other issues further down the line given the way we seem to be feeling along the wall in the dark at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  50. benuildo

benuildo Member

Yes we know that. Because it is exactly the same DTG Natster posted one week ago.
    What is the source of the issue?