[mod] Cane Creek Up Ac4400cw Animation Fix

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheShotte, Sep 21, 2021.

1. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

This small mod replaces the UP AC4400CW model with one that had the bogies fixed to look/function properly. No more dead rear bogie and axles not spinning, brakes not working as they should (on the loco model) or brake lines floating in mid-air. I know there are still some outstanding issues with the loco, but unfortunately I do not have CCB and thus am limited in what I could do as some more complex fixes would require a lot of trial and error.

This model change is of course 100% compatible with the Livery Editor and custom skins. Opinions are always welcome.

If you appreciate the modding work I do, and would like to support my efforts, please consider tossing a coin to your modder.

Changes:
    V 1.0
    - rotated rear bogie
    - adjusted and properly moved/connected the brake lines on both front and rear bogies (no more floating pipes attached to nothing)
    - adjusted break pistons so they don't end up sticking out of the brake body
    - assigned bogie components to their respective bones and weighed all the vertices as necessary
    - assigned the 3 rear axles to their respective bones and weighed them
    - other misc small corrections

Download:
    Train Sim Community

Installation Instructions
    Place the file 'TS2Prototype-TS-CCB-UP-AC4400-Fix.pak' into '(GAMELOCATION)\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC'

(GAME_LOCATION) being the game directory ex. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2'

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Man, your work is amazing. I wish the devs would do these fixes themselves, so you wouldn't have to, but I am, and bet the whole community is really glad you do.

• Like Like x 9
  3. TheShotte

Wait until you guys see the next project....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Again thanks for fixing this so fast after being notified of the issues.

Dtg or skyhook.. If you're hiring.. Seems like skill and dedication your team could use.

• Like Like x 5
  5. TheShotte

Updated to Version 1.1:
    • re-did the entire mod from the beginning since I moved the wheels to match the bogies instead of bogies to match the wheels (bogies aren't even) and it caused a wobble on the axles which has been fixed
    • removed the ladder rung that used to clip the handrail on the front of the loco as it is not present on the prototype
    • fixed "Weathered" variant of the loco not working
    • weighed the vertices to all the brake components (brake shoes, swing arms, connectors, etc) which are now all animated properly in the game on both bogies (most components weren't working on either bogie)

• Like Like x 8
  6. Dinosbacsi

The original model didn't even have animated brakes? How in the hell could they release it in this state, man.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KoeleKoen

And they just leave it broken and move on to next dlc. When i sent a ticket about it I got the reply to watch the roadmap.

8. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Wasn’t this route developed by a third party? So putting in a ticket to DTG does not do much since the route is the IP of Skyhook games who was the developer. As publisher DTG can bring pressure to fix the problem, use its leverage to pull the DLC from distribution, but unless Skyhook gives DTG permission, they can not fix it directly.

9. KoeleKoen

Since 3rd parties have no seperate bug reporting it still has to go through dtg's bug reports. It's also dtg's responsibility to make sure 3rd party meets a certain standard of quality, for example having a loco that's only 50% animated without turning wheels shouldn't see the light of day. Skyhook isn't fixing it so i'm glad TheShotte did but it shouldn't be up to the community to fix major issues. People on console are stuck with cane creek as it is.

• Like Like x 4
  10. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Granted - I agree with all those points - all I was trying to stress, is after DTG let the DLC out in the first place (which is another discussion entirely) , then all they can do is either pull the DLC or pass on the complaints to the original developer and hope they will be responsive enough to correct. If not - pull them from the third party development group. Not being DTG's IP, they can't fix directly without the original developer's permission.

11. KoeleKoen

True, i hope they pass on whatever issues they receive, like rivet or skyhook

12. TheShotte

Let me explain it like this:

[​IMG]

You see this photo? The back bogie is all red because the vertices on it are currently assigned and weighed to the "Root" bone. The root bone is there to more or less dictate the center of the skeletal mesh, so to speak, everything else falls underneath it in the hierarchy, it has no animation. The below picture illustrates a more proper weight assignment:

[​IMG]

The purple-pink color represents the "bogie2" bone, whereas the green color from the front is "bogie1" respectively. The shot below separates all the individual components on a bogie a little bit better and from different perspectives:

[​IMG]

As you can see by the different colors, there are bones there for Brake Shoe, Brake Rocker, Brake Swing, Brake Thing (yes seriously), Axles, etc.

So to sum it up - the back bogie was completely dead (and rotated the wrong way), and the front one only had the axles and the bogie moving, with the brakes not working. The brake hoses themselves were not attached to the brake piston bodies, with the hoses just floating mid air a few inches away (on all bogies), the pipes weren't properly aligned, etc.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

have video ?

14. TheShotte

Bump in case anyone needs it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dinosbacsi

Careful about bumping, Nat likes to close threads for it, even if they are good threads and the bumping is reasonable.

I don't think bumped and resurrected old threads should be closed when the bumping/resurrecting makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  16. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Why the heck customers have to fix devs content?

Did i miss any response from skyhook about fixing their dlcs? That ignorrant behavior will cause me to buy the horseshoe curve at 70% sale next summer.

17. shanesrenaski13

shanesrenaski13 New Member

Welcome to the TS series. Pretty much standard fare.

18. TheShotte

This isn't the TS series, it's the TSW series. Primary difference being that TS is PC-only, so everyone could choose to install mods. TSW, on the other hand, is spread across PC and consoles, the latter of which cannot install mods, so only the devs can fix their own game. Certain stuff just can't fly with TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dinosbacsi

Also TS was based on a 2007 game, so you kind of got used to a lower standard due to the age of the game engine. But in a 2020 game, things like these are not good.

20. shanesrenaski13

shanesrenaski13 New Member

I think you missed the point. DTG is involved in both. Hope that provides some clarity to what I was getting at.

TSW suffers from the same mediocrity as TS. Its actually worse now though since it's apparent they never learn.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  21. niveous

niveous Member

For those coming to install this mod after the latest update (20211124), the corrected height between boggies and frame appears to push the boggies in this mod down onto the rails with the axels now riding above. Will need an update to 'fix' what the devs continue to not be able to do, while those in our community like TheShotte seem to easily fix these problems in there own free time.

Thanks TheShotte for your mods! They make a world of difference in this game.

22. TheShotte

Yeah, I gotta release an updated version of the mod. Good job to Skyhook for finally fixing the AC4400 after 3 and a half months of it being broken. Now only if the fix itself wasn't still screwed up. The back bogie is animated now, however Skyhook's artists completely failed to rotate it. So the front and back bogie's are facing in the same direction, and so the loco still looks screwed up. I will release a fix to remedy this soon.

• Like Like x 10
  23. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

What an example of ignorance, both from DTG and Skyhook Games. And they claim standards. Make such mistake in other sim game and youre out of any licences, maybe we should inform UP about this... (Im on xbox, so no help from good modders...)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 2