Does Tsw2 Perform Better If The Ps4 Is Offline?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Sep 30, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Hard to Say / Maybe

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Discovered recently taking my PS4 offline seems to bump up frame frate and prevent crashing (especially from free cam mode back to front cam).

Could it be the loading screens and dovetail live have an impact on system resource?

Please vote and comment, all welcome :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Skyz2020

Also I have noted that a good halfway house every so often is to switch the ps4 off at the plug and let it cool for 60 seconds before playing tsw2 offline or online, this I think from memory clears a local cache and increases performance. As above, all comments welcome

3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I can't genuinely say I've noticed a difference, despite having tried this recently. There could be a slight boost, in that the game doesn't have to constantly connect to the internet in order for Dovetail Live to work, but that difference is negligible. I can't imagine that puts much of a strain at all on the CPU.

This is true, and works for any game really. Sometimes it's helpful to also rebuild the database on the PS4 every once in a while, it works in a similar way to defragging on a PC if I'm not mistaken. These tips, coupled with good fan cleaning will ensure the console is running in good shape.

I've also found that keeping motion blur turned off in the game settings can help with performance as well.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Skyz2020

This is very helpful, thank you

• Like Like x 1
  5. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Nothing of this works. I tried offline, still the same stuttering and framerate issues. Even with motion blur off and Display on HD there is no real improvement.