Chūō-sōbu Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jackmiller1234567890, Apr 23, 2020.

1. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

The Chūō-Sōbu Line is a railway line that runs through Tokyo and Chiba Prefecture and open in 1932. The owner of this line is JR East

Chūō-Sōbu Line is part of the East Japan Railway Company network, but it operates on separate tracks along the right-of-way of the Chūō Main Line and Sōbu Main Line, providing service between Mitaka Station in the cities of Mitaka and Musashino and Chiba Station in Chiba.

Trains often terminate at Chiba or Tsudanuma at the east side, and terminate at Nakano or Mitaka at the west side.
    [​IMG]

Rolling Stock
    E231 - 0 series
    [​IMG]

E231 - 500 series
    [​IMG]

More information can be found at
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chūō-Sōbu_Line
    https://www.jrailpass.com/blog/chuo-sobu-line

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  2. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Art Department would have great fun making the elevated section through Akihabara.

3. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

I came across this video of awesome scenes of the line:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It's a really beautiful route, especially the area where it parts ways with the Chuo Line. With 3 railway lines crossing each other in the same spot, then there is that historic bridge over the river going righ into the buildings, towards Akihabara, I believe.

This section is also not far before it if I remember correctly. It's just beautiful.
    [​IMG]

The biggest problem I see with creating this route is that it crosses paths with and goes along a bunch of other routes, meaning it would either require a bunch of AI only trains to be made or whole Tokyo would feel very empty. I mean not only does it go along the Chuo Line for quite a while, it also goes into the central circle along with the Yamanote Line and a bunch of others.

Though if it were made in the 201 series / 205 series era, then most of the lines could be run by repainted 201s and 205s, so that wouldn't be that bad. Even if other rolling stock weren't included, it'd be something. At least we would have 201 and 205 series trains in a bunch of colors, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  5. fabdiva

You could cover most things with E231 and E233 with different colour stripes :)

6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I suppose that could also work, yeah.

But the E233 didn't run on the Chuo-Sobu line, so it would have to be AI only on the other lines, meaning it would be a bit of a "waste" to make it. While with the 201 and the 205, with those both could be driveable on the Chuo-Sobu, while they can also be repainted for other lines.

Though it might be just my retro 205 loving self talking from me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7. fabdiva

E233s run on the Chuo Rapid - so will run alongside the Chuo Sobu line between Mitaka and the stop west of Akihabara that I can't remember the name of. Could even take it from there via Kanda into Tokyo