Petition For Gwr 166 On London-brighton On Last Gen

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bart2day, Oct 1, 2021.

1. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

So with the rather disappointing news that the upcoming London-Brighton route will not have a single layer included for last gen consoles I thought I would create a thread to gauge everyone else's reaction to this particular aspect.

I am certainly no Luddite and will almost certainly get a next gen console soon when they become more readily available but in the meantime I think it's really disappointing that the route will be limited to just electrostars. Riesa Dresden had 7 'unique vehicles' all present on PS4/Xbox One but London-Brighton will only have 2! I know that over 1000 services are a lot but just driving (and seeing) electrostars is not going to offer much variety.

It would also be great to get a response from DTG about why it is not possible to add in one or two layers at least such as the class 166 or the freight services with the class 66. Even if this were to come at the expense of a reduction of electrostar services.

• Like Like x 16
  2. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

I very much agree and hope DTG respond asap. Good thinking bart

• Like Like x 5
  3. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

This makes me wonder if there's been any progress on the multiple timetable support idea for HMA, It would be really useful for situations like this where not every layer is available at one time instead of not including any at all.

• Like Like x 3
  4. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

What layers will PS5 have that PS4 won’t have just out of interest? First I’ve heard about this.

5. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Everything I think

• Like Like x 2
  6. bart2day

I agree. I would be more than happy with the ability to turn on/off layers and just have the 166 or just freight etc. Seems like no progress though as you say.

Hi Shhweeet. Update today:

As we draw closer to the release of Rush Hour- London Commuter find out more about the services and layers you can look forward to on the busy Brighton Main Line. We aim to include an incredible 1,059 services for the BR Class 377 EMU, and 178 services for the BR Class 387 EMU across all platforms. Additional playable services for the BR Class 66, Southeastern BR Class 375 EMU, and Great Western Railway BR Class 166 DMU will also be available on Playstation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC versions of Rush Hour- London Commuter, taking those versions services to approximately 1,400 services.
    These additional playable locos and units also add AI traffic to the route, along with the inclusion of AI traffic from Great Western Railway BR Class 43 (HST), Southeastern BR Class 465/9 EMU, and a BR Class 09 at Lovers Walk. In total, Playstation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC versions have in excess of 4,000 drivable and AI non-drivable services. This busy 24-hour timetable truly immerses the player in the Rush Hour experience and gives a more realistic simulation of what it’s like to drive trains during such a hectic period.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Layers from southeastern route class 66 and 166 from GWE

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This doesn't say that NO AI will be present on the old machines, only that new machines have 4k services. Hopefully some clarity on stream (in 72 mins)

• Like Like x 2
  9. shhweeet#4292

Goodness gracious that’s a bum deal for PS4 players isn’t it. And they want PS4 players to pay the same price for this dlc as PS5 players whether part of the ticket or as an individual purchase? Are they having a larrrf?

A while ago I brought up in another thread somewhere that PS4 players should be paying less for their dlc’s than their PS5 counterparts. This surely makes the point doesn’t it.

Thanks for copying the info to this thread bart2day. I’m not sure if I’m going to bother now with RH BML? I’d feel a bit ripped off tbh. Wall to wall electro stars and nothing else will be seriously boring.

I might put my money into Cathcart Circle which I haven’t got yet and that forthcoming Penzance dlc instead if it gets good PS4 reports.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Hopefully that's not the case. The post doesn't say PS4 gets nothing, only what PS5 does get.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Skyz2020

I hope so Ruscoe

• Like Like x 1
  12. shhweeet#4292

I hope it’s not the case as well. I mean I don’t expect to get exactly what PS5 players will get because PS5 is a newer more powerful machine but PS4 players need some variety in terms of AI trains and trains to drive. If that means less Electro star services to achieve that then so be it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Skyz2020

Joethefish is the master mind behind this wonderful route, maybe he could help shed some light if there might be some limited layers for ps4

P.s cracking job joe wether we get the layers or not looks great in the shots so far

• Like Like x 2
  14. shhweeet#4292

I agree it does look like a cracking route visually etc and is the only one I was really interested in out of the 3 RH routes. It would be a shame if I feel unable to buy it if it’s just Electro stars only. Oh well here’s hoping things aren’t as bad as it initially seems.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Skyz2020

Agreed hopefully big joe will come in for us and reply. Will be interesting to see if TrainSim-Matt will address this on stream tonight also,

(That's a please with cream on top Matt,, us ps4 users would really appreciate the odd layer, just a few 166, 66, 43 etc)

• Like Like x 3
  16. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

I find it hard to see why people are shocked about this. The PS4 hardware is coming up to over ten years old soon.

DTG are developers. Not miracle workers. There is only so much that can squeezed out of the PS4. It’s either the PS4 misses out or all platforms miss out, which would be hugely unpopular.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Skyz2020

I think people are shocked at "0" extra layers. If they subsequently put in the odd 66 here and there for variety it will ease concerns. However your point is also valid when you consider it is 1000 services even if it is the exact same train over and over again. I think most would have preferred say 800 electro stars and 200 alternatives , but hopefully Matt will clarify tonight

• Like Like x 4
  18. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

You really want to separate the two? So when you do get a current gen console, you have to pay again to upgrade them all to the PS5 versions, rather than just enjoying all the new stuff that's already included?

The RH routes are a tenner each if you buy the season pass - how cheap do you want your brand new content?

• Like Like x 2
  19. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Matt has confirmed at the beginn of today's BML-preview stream that last gen consoles get the 2 electrostars only.

It's not such a good news for the last gen community. A big part of of the TSW2 community.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Skyz2020

:( I heard this too. Sorry bart, I think our toast is burnt for now. Matt was clear there is no guarantee layers will be added at a later date for last gen.

• Like Like x 2
  21. docsnyder1911

The layer issue at HMA was not a big thing for me, because you had the variety bedween high-speed and commuting. But here you have commuting only. Not a single AI service with the 66, even if it is for AI services only.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Skyz2020

It is frustrating but sounds it will not be sorted before the 7th. I reckon only a dlc now will add variety... if they allow dlc for this route for ps4

23. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Shame. Takes the shine off, but I'd already dismissed Sherlock for the night so not totally unexpected.

24. docsnyder1911

I think it will be the same with HMA. We will get the extra layers with a PS5 only. The only problem is, that it is not available for a normal price. And I will definitely not pay a moonprice to scalpers. I will not support the antisocial business model of scalpers. Never ever.

• Like Like x 1
  25. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

Don't forget about the class 375, I feel like DTG could of given last gen players the Class 66 & 375, for free in the routes and just decrease the Class 377 services so in total we would have 4 trains that come up to 1,000 services.

• Like Like x 5
  26. shhweeet#4292

In an ideal world no I wouldn’t.

As you say a tenner is cheap if you buy the ticket but tbh I’m not that bothered about the other two routes just BML I don’t think I’m alone in that. So I spend £33 for 3 routes when I only really want the UK one. That’s not cheap for me. OR I buy BML as an individual purchase at £25 but get nowhere near the same content a PS5 player gets just Electrostar’s yet I’m paying the same price as a PS5 player that’s not cheap either from a PS4 point of view. So surely BML as an individual purchase should be a lot cheaper than the PS5 version to reflect the fact the PS4 version isn’t anywhere near as good with regards to content. Even if I really wanted all three RH routes whilst cheap at £33 it should still be something like £23 in order to reflect the inferior PS4 content.

Tbh maybe DTG should just bite the bullet and stop supporting PS4 if the platform is so outdated that PS4 players are going to be so disadvantaged because of the age of the platform. I wouldn’t be happy about it true but neither am I happy about being expected to pay the same price as PS5 players for something which is so much more inferior.

They won’t stop supporting PS4 at this current moment in time though because the majority of us are still on PS4 and our money is a big contribution towards their profits and development funds.

I don’t mind struggling along on my PS4 and supporting TSW2 but surely a PS4 dlc should always be cheaper than a PS5 dlc whatever the price in order to reflect what each sets of players are actually getting for their money. If /when I get a PS5 I’d fully expect to pay more for a PS5 dlc because it’s so much better than the PS4 version because of superior content and better performance.

At the moment it would seem I’ve no option but to stand by my principles not to feel ripped off and not buy RH BML which is a shame because I was quite looking forward to it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  27. Factor41

It's still a great route that is packed full of things to do with loads of traffic, and they've made a version of it that still works on PS4. You're not getting a bum deal, it's just that PS5 is getting extra gravy. If you don't want all three RH routes, and you don't want to pay full price... wait for a sale.

Yes, the PS4/XBox user base is still a huge part of the playerbase, but DTG are doing everything they can to push TSW2 forwards which is absolutely the right thing to do - any compromises will unfortunately need to be made by the last-gen players, not by reducing the quality of the product as a whole. The beauty of it is, when you do upgrade to PS5, you won't need to buy anything else - you'll have every route in its full glory to enjoy.

• Like Like x 4
  28. shhweeet#4292

It’s fair points you make but tbh it’s going to be a while until I get a PS5 so this news today has kind of taken the gloss of RH BML for me I normally do wait for sales but hearing what was being said about BML I was strongly tempted to buy BML for full price!:o As it stands it’s going to be pretty annoying and frustrating reading and hearing about how good BML is on PS5 ( Nothing against PS5 players because it’s not their fault. ) so unless it does come up really cheap in a sale I think I’d now rather get Cathcart Circle and the new Penzance route if the PS4 version isn’t too disadvantaged.

I think the time is coming where PS4 players are just going to have to bite their bullet and accept whilst on PS4 they are temporarily getting a bum deal as far as brand new dlc’s are concerned or alternatively put the whole TSW2 thing on the back burner until they can eventually get a PS5. I’m kinda edging towards the latter decision which is a shame because I do enjoy playing the routes I already own and only discovered TSW2 a few short months ago.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I personally don’t think next gen consoles have sufficient RAM/power to run the layers, or they’d be there already.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Layers are a bonus and aren’t guaranteed for last generation consoles.

31. Skyz2020

Just saw on rivet forum only 60 odd services on penzance line, think our ps4 will be just fine, if anything some time in the planner will be required to bulk it out a bit :)

• Like Like x 4
  32. Skyz2020

"As it is right now: 61 services for the Class 150/2, 6 for the Class 37/5. This can change though" quote from jasper at rivet about penzance

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

How long is the Penzance to Cornwall in miles

• Like Like x 1
  34. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

O miles as Penzance is in Cornwall

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  35. Skyz2020

Lol

• Like Like x 4
  36. Skyz2020

Not sure about miles but will take a hour from st austell to penzance due to the number of stops

• Like Like x 1
  37. Skyz2020

Anyway we are high jacking barts thread, apologies bart, will let others continue with the ps4 layer / London commuter issue

38. bart2day

No problem at all. Happy for anything PS4 related to be discussed here. Judging by what Matt said in the stream today it looks like my plea for any Brighton Mainline layers will be fruitless anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  39. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

How come stewards Lane depot isn’t accessible?

40. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

because it's only AI services that go that way. The player can't get to where it is even though it is modelled.

41. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

oh I had no idea

42. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

To be fair I was of similar mindset, BML was the only route of interest as it's the route of my first (loosely)sim on southern belle on the zx spectrum. Add annual escape trips to clapham junction when visiting family when I was younger and I was pretty much sold on that route.
    However when it came to launch day I was lucky enough to still have ps credit I thought what the hell, let's bite the bullet and buy the season ticket with its extra discount.

Exactly my thinking, PS5 may well be a long way off due to supply (admittedly getting better) but I've never bought a first gen and won't. Plus with rumours of a pro model I may just wait longer. But, as there's likely nothing for the foreseeable future in PS5 games that take my fancy I would like something to utilise the new potential power and those layers will add that.

And fair play to you but, and to continue from the BML point. Having bought the season ticket I was presented on launch day with Boston Sprinter, not my bag or so I thought. America not your thing, ACS 64 quick livery editor and I'm tooling a Faux class 90 on push pulls.
    Dresden Riesa, another German route, yawn. But the 363 is worth the percentage paid alone, I kid you not. Never has there been such a comedy loco, turn off pzb etc and it's an absolute scream, there's nothing like the feeling of doing 40kph dabbing the brakes and it suddenly locks up. And when having to haul it behind a 185 and it's consist, seeing it at the back furiously keeping up, well you have to see to understand, but trust me you smile loudly!
    What has been worth every single penny of the season ticket, across both routes so far has been the niceness value. These new routes 'feel' nicer, I can't quantify that for you, but somehow they are, from graphics to the way the game plays it's an altogether more pleasurable experience.
    That's not to say by any means it's all been sunshine out of DTG's backside, there was the launch shambles that I felt and still feel DTG needs to make amends for. There's the 101 ongoing issue, which having purchased along with HRR, for and to enjoy specifically on the prettyness that is Dresden subsequently crashes every service on there. 101 last seen in my pending downloads goading me from afar.
    I'm the first one to point and wag my virtual pipe in DTG'S direction when it's not cricket but on the basis of tonight's stream BML is going to be as nice, layers of 166 et al while a bonus aren't necessary (there's always scenario planner- again pipe wag DTG). I hope Penzance-St Austell/ Ives has the same 'niceness' I describe as it may help convince you on BML.
    Plus theres endless potential for future alternate timetables- chocolate pacer/50's please I want to bounce and squeal my way to St Ives. Just the way my dad intended! (Ask me in a pm if you really want to know my intimate links to the Leyland/BREL projects).
    73's on the Gatwick push pulls, slam door stock, ooh.
    Dare I say steam, ooh King Arthur class, ooh suit you sir.
    Steam to Penzance, ooh bet she likes it sir
    londonmidland new skies ooh yes please sir

You get where I'm going...
    In summing up and to seek medical attention for my thumb's having typed this epic, whatever you decide I'm sure you be frustrated as we all are with the problems you'll have to put up but the new routes are worth whatever you pay and choose. £30 odd a year on a season ticket, i think, has proven to be and continues to good value. Plus you get Prof Matt's knowledge, Adams backgrounds and Sam's well Samness on YouTube to boot.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  43. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Doesn't surprise me in the least bit for old gen to miss out on layers on yet another route.

44. shhweeet#4292

Amd here was me thinking I might be the king of lengthy epic replies :D I’m feeling now that I’m going to have to buy the RH season ticket if only to sort of reward you for your time and effort that you put in there. ;)

Yep I get where your going so what I’m gonna do is watch last nights stream on it when I get time to do so and possibly try to make a decision then. Having said that I do fancy getting Cathcart Circle because of the good reports I’ve read about it even on PS4 and the Penzance dlc is quite appealing to me as well having spent quite a few holidays down that way as a kid. So it might? be a better decision for me to pay a bit more than the RH ticket for two UK routes which is really my bag and just wait until RH BML drops its price as a solo purchase.

Decisions.

Hope your thumbs recover. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  45. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty much universally accepted that cathcarts a no brainer hence why I didn't reference it!!

• Like Like x 2
  46. shhweeet#4292

That’s the impression I’ve got from what players are saying about it especially if your not losing out too much on PS4. I dunno what it is about that forthcoming Penzance dlc but it seems really appealing to me from what I’ve seen and whilst a smallish dlc apparently if PS4 can handle it then these two dlc’ might just be the way to go for PS4 plebs who haven’t got them. :)

Edit… I was lucky enough to get a £50 PS voucher for my recent birthday from the Mrs who moans I’ve spent too much time playing TSW2? so I feel I should spend it wisely on routes I’ll actually play and fully enjoy which is why I’m prepared to temporarily pay somewhere near full price for a UK route TSW2 dlc.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  47. Factor41

I was resisting Cathcart because I prefer trains with a decent view (like the 465) rather than the constant tiny-window, door-through ones we're getting, but have actually quite enjoyed it. There's a nice difference between the closely packed circle stations with lower speeds and the lines off at the bottom where you get a bit longer between stops and can get a bit more speed up, and the scenarios are quite varied. I picked it up in the last sale and it's had a good amount of play time.

• Like Like x 3
  48. Conrad

Conrad Member

15fps VS all services.
    Who wins?

Scusate ragazzi, ma questo argomento è folle.
    This is a game and is normal increase options for current generation.

The big problem is to have 15fps at Boston station with all services!

49. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

To be honest my old eyes only refresh at that anyway!!

• Like Like x 2
  50. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Well it saves me a lot of money. Now I don't have to buy all those DLC to get all the layers.

• Like Like x 1