Train Simulator 2022 Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ace, Oct 1, 2021.

1. ace

ace Member

Greetings everyone! Not a good start to my purchase at all. I purchased TS 2022 this afternoon and I figured I'd be having fun with my three new routes. The first route in Birmingham refused to load. Failure to load I think it said. I tried multiple times. The second scenario had no controls (I play with simple controls (yeah, I know newbie!) but the control lever was not there. I could manually move the controls but the control lever was invisible. I checked options and simple controls were still enabled. I then tried Frankfurt Koblenz and that first scenario had no visible controls. I checked the Steam page because I thought maybe these routes were Pro versions with no simple controls but that wasn't the case. I checked the Train files through Steam (verify files) but all files were fine. By the way Dovetail the loading of routes is still incredible long. It feels longer the the previous version. My PC is an Intel i7with 16 gb of ram which has no problem running TS besides the occasional stutter that basically everyone gets. I use the 64 bit version of Train Sim. I have probably 30 plus routes on Train Simulator. I did try the 32 bit version of the game but I still had the same issues. After an hour or so I gave up. BTW: Washington-Baltimore seems fine for the first scenario. I asked for a Steam refund because I didn't want to get stuck with these issues. I hope they get fixed because I will buy this again if they are.

2. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

I had no problem with it and also drove a scenario on it and it worked good.

Sometimes when I have problem I uninstall the game and delete all files too.

And then a clean installation without anything else runs in the background and then all is fine..

And also I do not use any workshop routes or scenarios as it made making a lot of problems and also unable to even start the game.

So workshop is evil to the game atleast for me.

3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Don't use simple controls, the feature was abandoned years ago and it's best to just use the normal controls.

4. brummie

brummie Active Member

Another thing to remember guys and gals, always clear the cache after an update, patch or new DLC installed. It still goes into 32 bit mode on restart which is a bit of a pain but restarting again in 64 bit should hopefully see you OK!

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You would have issues using 32bit as despite having 16gb TS2022 would only see 4gb in 32bit mode

Swap to the Expert mode - with the F3 HUD you still have the "handle" to control the train

6. ace

ace Member

I don' use mods of any kind.

7. ace

ace Member

No that didn't work but thanks for the advice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ace

ace Member

9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Are you using the F3 HUD?

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I presume you said this as you have it by Doomotron

Some of the newer routes and train just don't work in Simple mode.
    You like simple mode because of the handle - in Expert Mode you still have the handle to drive the train with the F3 HUD.