London Commuter (brighton) - The Definitive Feedback Thread.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Oct 1, 2021.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Today’s the day, the final part of the Rush hour package. We’ve been teased, tantalised and experienced a summer into October for this one but what will tonight deliver. Will we catch wind of any future dlcs that layer in, will Reigate be fixed, how rush will the hour be? All very exciting things.

The big question, what will it bring, Boston bought a busy station and a so so route, Dresden bought us night lighting (has it been done here during the delay) and an incredible route so what’s this route bringing, how will this be the jewel in the crown?

Tune in tonight and I for one will be updating this thread with my thoughts as it happens….

What are you looking forward to seeing later?

054DBB43-5465-4F18-AAD2-773323564EFE.png D5B90252-81A8-47D1-94D7-5C1AEC476A8E.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  2. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Well, if nothing else, I'm back for a bit more half-baked bingo action. Sorry about that.

upload_2021-10-1_9-48-51.png

• Like Like x 33
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. chieflongshin

Love this. Will give this a go later :cool::D

• Like Like x 1
  4. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Cant wait just playing bml on ts2022

• Like Like x 1
  5. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

How long until Matt says "I don't know" to a simple question then completely changes the subject?

• Like Like x 6
  6. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I think there's just one more that's missing

"Overshooting a station stop while showing off a feature, with the blame being put on chat" :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. chieflongshin

• Like Like x 2
  8. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

That was in my mind hence the full service stop! Although I've been known to have more than a few of those myself...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m definitely excited for tonight’s stream. My expectations are certainly high with this one and I certainly won’t be holding back if the route falls short of said expectations (in a non-insulting, constructive manner of course).

I’m hoping this can be a long stream tonight (preferably on console) showing both a Gatwick Express 387 service from Brighton to Victoria (or vice versa) and also a Southern 377 stopping service the opposite way. I want to get a good long look at the route so I can develop as much feedback as possible.

Being one of the most highly anticipated routes in TSW 2 ever, I really hope that DTG is very open to such feedback and is committed to implementing realistically achievable feedback suggestions promptly. This should be, without doubt, the most impressive route in the game and I do hope DTG realises this and makes it a sort of flagship route.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chieflongshin

I am personally very intrigued as to what the route will offer. I know nothing off it and know nothing of why it's so popular so I'm really keen to see what the hype is. I'm truly hoping it's not one of these where the excellent work done on previous routes isn't in this (subject to night lighting which we know may not be)

• Like Like x 1
  11. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

I think the 1st stream needs to be for pc to show it off at its best then console on 2nd stream.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I think it's hugely popular first and foremost because it's a UK route, since at least a plurality of TSW players are British. Add to that that it's a very busy route near London.

• Like Like x 1
  13. chieflongshin

It’s one I’m intrigued by being north of the city and all my experience being ECML.

4HRS and 23min to go….. :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

October 7th release for BLM/London Commuter

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Called it weeks ago.

16. chieflongshin

17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

unless something spectalar comes out of tonights stream then I dont expect to be downloading this even though Ive purchased it as part of the rush hour collection.

I just cant get excited about another south east based EMU cluckfest. Been there seen it done it

• Like Like x 1
  18. chieflongshin

With the layers announced I think it could be an interesting preview later. I’d like to think this will be a traffic heavy journey

19. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Brilliant! I'll make sure to keep this open during the stream ;)

20. chieflongshin

So far I’m loving the sound of the trains and the sheer volume of them. I think the route is looking really good.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

It is certainly a busy route. Interesting that the older consoles will not get the layers. Clearly some 313 malarky to be added in and space being left for Thameslink.

The concerning part is apparently they are trying to fix crashes and poor performance in the testing environment (hence no layers on old consoles) and while we were spotting at Victoria the FPS was very up and down. So still some optimisation required, but the promise of huge amount of traffic is very nice.

• Like Like x 3
  22. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Very pleased with what I'm seeing. I came in with tempered expectations after learning that the new ballast tech and lighting system introduced in Dresden Riesa will not make a feature in this route (I hope the preserved team can do something about this), but the stream today has met my expectations. The scenery isn't 100% perfect, but it's good enough to give a feel of the route, so I'm happy about that, and the updated AP Electrostar sounds make a big difference. One thing I did notice, was the track run sounds are missing the "clack clack" joint sounds. I'm hoping that this is a bug and can be fixed before it releases next week, or an acknowledgement that it's missing and will be fixed in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  23. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I am happy with what I have seen plenty of services to keep busy and extra layers.

• Like Like x 1
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Only two drivable freight services. Other than that, it looks like it’s going to be a great route to drive, with a lot of variation in the service pattern so it never gets boring.

• Like Like x 3
  25. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Agreed. The new AP sounds are very good apart from the click clack sounds being almost non existent, as is the distinctive internal air conditioning 'whir' which also seems to have been almost eradicated. I would hope that they could maybe dial those two up a bit.

Another thing I noticed was that there was absolutely no light baking in the tunnels so the cab was just as light in the tunnel as it was outside. Hopefully they can fix that but not holding my breath considering the SEHS tunnels are still not fixed in places.

• Like Like x 7
  26. chieflongshin

i think as much as they don’t want to leave older consoles behind they’re limitations are becoming evident when trying to deliver their preferred visions. At some point it’s going to hit a wall with them.

I do genuinely wish they’d find their way of linking routes even more after seeing this, I’d imagine having these services run straight through Brighton would make East coast way marvellous too

• Like Like x 3
  27. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Hands down the best and busiest route for TSW. Joe done an incredible job with the timetable and even ran out of time so the fact that more could be added, on top of possible future DLCs, it almost sounds too good to be true. Honestly had a smile throughout, watching that first stream tonight. It's great we get to have coupling services to drive as well as the variation in services. I'll definitely be putting a lot of hours into driving on this route without a doubt!

• Like Like x 12
  28. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Route is looking great. A tad disappointed though there is absolutely no use of the mitrac and TMS systems. Would’ve expected it to have moved on a little from since when East cost way was released. They bought AP sounds. Surely they could’ve bought the TMS too.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

I wish it would have too, but I wasn't expecting that to change tbh, although it turning off while the train is in motion would be nice. I am a little disappointed in the lack of step lights on the 387. I know it's a rather small thing, but when they've put a lot of effort into making the other parts of the train more accurate, it feels weird to leave that out. Regardless of that though, the route looks fabulous. I had concerns at first that the scenery wasn't going to be that good based on some of the screenshots, but clearly I was wrong. And the wealth of services we have is amazing.

• Like Like x 3
  30. redrev1917

So if we played each timetable service back to back, how many days/weeks/months would it take to complete them all?

31. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

1) Sad to see that it looks like it's not possible to access the SE side of Victoria or the concourse, would very much liked to of explored.- I wonder if can just walk across the track to the other platforms though?

2) The British Transport Police building at Victoria is missing. - Sad to hear TrainSim-Matt say if its not in the route now its not going to be, again having another lindside landmark missing is not good!

3) Low quality/blurry building textures in Victoria detracts from the otherwise good looking station.

4) Victoria and London needs more graffiti

5) Like the new scrolling PIS station names on the side of the 377, but the scrolling speed seems a bit fast to me.

6) The front/ odd capital letter on the PIS just looks odd.

7) Cab to bright in tunnels, ?no occlusion/not fully baked lighting yet?

Will add more as watch/rewatch more of the stream... Otherwise really liking the look of the route, the workout into the amazing timetable and layers is evident, well done Joe and team, looking forward to playing it!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  32. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I'm really happy for what I've seen on the preview. However, just a couple observations:
    - As mentioned by others, the cab didn't go dark in the tunnels.
    - No PIS was shown at Wivelsfield - though according to the stream it does look like we can drive to/from here.
    - No PIS for ECW AI at Brighton, will AI for ECW/WCW services be included before final release?
    - Noticed in the timetable that there is no Southern-operated services between Gatwick and Victoria via the slow lines - only a very few are operated during peak times. Would be nice to stop at stations like Horley, Salfords, Earlswood.

These are not complaints at all, just observations for potential feedback. Other than this, I'm happy.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I'm quite glad you noticed the lack of 1Ts! So the story on them is quite a tricky one. The 1Ts run with 1R (Reigate) services from London Victoria to Redhill where they split. 1R to Reigate, 1T to Gatwick. Northbound wise, they join at Redhill and carry on to Victoria. Sounds easy enough.

Unlike the 1F/1H splitters at Haywards Heath, these were a lot more complicated. The two 377s that split at Haywards Heath eventually head off to portals and come back later, both joining back up at Haywards Heath. The 1R/1Ts... didn't join back together.

The 1T instead joined to the next 1R. For example:

Let's say we're the second 1R/1T of the day off Victoria. The 1R splits and runs Redhill to Reigate. When that 1R returns, to Redhill, it would end up coupling to the first 1T off Victoria (having already been down to Gatwick). See where this is going? The diagrams were only a minor help, as one or two of the formations that did 1R/1T only did it once, then ended up going elsewhere from Victoria.

James and I tried a lot of ways to structure this, reading the diagrams, writing our own, even resorted to drawing them in MS Paint! I wasn't willing to give in at all but looking back, I think we'd still be trying to work it out now had we not moved on. Or we may have worked it out eventually but the timetable would've suffered elsewhere, like maybe only 500 services being finished.

Sorry about this but I hope it helps you understand! :)

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 9
  34. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

No worries, that's absolutely understandable - appreciate you both tried several ways to get them in. Thanks for the detailed clarification, much appreciated! :)

• Like Like x 1
  35. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

I think on average journeys are about 45 minutes and there’s 1,400 services on the route so over 1000 hours

36. chieflongshin

Excellent work with that time table joe. Would love more freight but I can’t grumble with what’s there. You definitely know the route too!

I do have a question though which I’m curious if your spreadsheet can tell us if I may.

Assuming I played every service and the timings are accurate how many total hours, mins or days would it theoretically take to complete all made?

• Like Like x 1
  37. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Classic

38. redrev1917

Will those running 8GB Ram on PC have issues with the layers, given that the last series consoles cant run the layers with the same RAM?

39. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I... honestly... don't... know... and I don't think the spreadsheet would be of much help.

The best way would be to scroll down the service list in game and manually add up the service durations. The question is... How long would THAT take? Lol

For anyone who likes to 100% the service mode... I'm sorry :P

• Like Like x 9
  40. redrev1917

Haha - no one can ever accuse this route of not being value of money in any case ;) I'll be honest I wasnt excited by this route, so little so that I wasnt even sure if I would download it despite owning the Rush Hour Season ticket. That was until I saw it last night, the timetable looks amazing and the additional game play of spliting/joining services has converted me and now I cant wait to drive this on Thursday.

Great work!!

• Like Like x 4
  41. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Hope you enjoy! :D

42. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

My only criticism is the lack of step lights on the 387. Matt went on about how they've heavily researched the 387 and I'm glad a new cab and different physics are included, but I'm baffled that one of the main distinguishing features of the train from a passenger's point of view is missing.

• Like Like x 3
  43. andymerrill

andymerrill New Member

Services and route looked great, well done all. It may have been suggested before but with so many options how about a select random service button? Would be a good way of adding some serendipity.

44. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

What a fantastic route and an incredible timetable. Having watched back the stream, I noticed that the DSD alarm was not audible at 1:02:08. The exclamation mark appears on the HUD, but I couldn't hear any alarm. It caused an emergency brake. At first, the view is in the cab and I certainly couldn't hear anything? Perhaps I am wrong. Maybe it's my hearing?

• Like Like x 1
  45. MisterV

MisterV Member

No I noticed it as well.

• Like Like x 2
  46. chieflongshin

What’s everyone hoping to see on the next stream?

I’m curious to see a bit of London at night.
    Seeing the scenarios would be good too

• Like Like x 3
  47. penguinmatt#1924

penguinmatt#1924 Active Member

I have a feeling we may see Hove. If you check out 1:51:10 in Friday's stream where they show the 387 timetable.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  48. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

We need some reassurance about Reigate, preferably a driver there or at least a screenshot.

• Like Like x 1
  49. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I want to see Joe’s favourite service, I have a sneaky feeling that we won’t until the 313 is released however.

Would also be interested to see what the deal is with the 387’s to Hove yard.

Would also like to see Reigate & Redhill.

• Like Like x 3
  50. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this route myself. The London / Brighton route in TS Classic really is the route that got me hooked on train simulations… can’t really place my finger on why it did actually however. Must have been the congestion and traffic loading around Victoria’s station and London itself followed by some decent long high speed runs to terminate in Brighton … it felt complete running from terminus to terminus. There were several workshop scenarios that utilized multiple proper DLC to create extremely busy scenarios… I do hope this DLC while be able to replicate what was possible in TS Classic.

• Like Like x 5