Rail Tours And Freight For Brighton Mainline

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thestrudwicks, Oct 2, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. thestrudwicks

thestrudwicks Member

So completely in love with the new dlc

But not having rail tours and only having 2 freight timetables seems to be a big let down and does spoil the game side of it it would of just been a lovely touch to add in for all the other dlcs to use a class 37 or a class 20 for a tour just seems a waste hopefully this can get support to be change in the future and more freight times and tours added

• Like Like x 2
  2. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

With 1400 services and whatever many AI services I doubt there is any more space left in the timetable without breaking it

• Like Like x 1
  3. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

It is a bit disappointing that there are only 2 freight services. A few more would have been nice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Yes and for TVL Owners you can use class 20 31 dlc locomotives on BML. WSR Class 33 as a stand-in for the correct 33/1. Because BML used the Class 33/1 variant for SR EMU MU system unlike Class 33 WSR Blue Star MU system which makes it compatible with NTP Class 45 & 47 Blue Tees Valley Line West Cornwall Class 37/5 Blue Star.

5. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Hopefully if we get more services with a hypothetical Thameslink pack, then Joe could sneak in some more freight and rail tours ;)

• Like Like x 3
  6. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

2 freight services is pants. Especially when you consider ECW has more. Impressed the guy worked so hard on the timetables. Really disappointed he focused on passenger only

• Like Like x 1
  7. thestrudwicks

thestrudwicks Member

I no what you mean Joe said he ran out of time and he done an amazing job but even if they held back another week I wouldn't complain just to get the timetable as full and as real as possible for freight an passenger as freight does use the line a fair bit

8. thestrudwicks

thestrudwicks Member

Like I said its all there and it's such a shame and a waste its not being used look at thr German route for rush hour they used everything just seems the little touch in Brighton isn't

• Like Like x 1
  9. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

ITs more complicated than just plopping down a class 66 and telling it to go to somewhere like the CEMEX railyard near Three Bridges, the whole timetable would have to be simulated to ensure it does not cause any game breaking problems, especially as the 66 will be travelling slower than the track speed for pax trains

10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Would've loved at least a few railtour services, especially with the Class 33 which has been limited to WSR exclusively so far. A bit more freight would've been nice too I guess, although not sure it's a good route for freight. It's a shame to have a Class 66 but no proper route to enjoy it (GWE is basically full-throttle all the way, ECW is just a few miles, SEHS doesn't really offer an interesting drive either).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

A class 52 or 33 railtour would be superb

• Like Like x 1
  12. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I don't own the 52 for WSR, but I guess it shares a similar fate as the 33 and being WSR exclusive?

13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That comes with Class 700 and for retro purposes pre 2017-2018 the class 387/1. Depot for class 700 is Three Bridges & Hornsey while Class 387/1 shares Hornsey TMD with GX Class 387/2. If Steam locomotives arrive then a matching SR Battle of Britain & 4 MT Steam are the steam rail tours in addition to Blue Star MU Units Huddersfield Line NTP

14. thestrudwicks

thestrudwicks Member

But then wouldn't the time table already have that in place if it is built of a compelete timetable or have I got my wires crossed

15. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

It seems so yes :)

16. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

The timetable looks amazing, but some freight and a railtour or two would perfect it

• Like Like x 1
  17. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

To those of you complaining that it's "disappointing" or "a waste" that there wasn't time to include railtours or more than 2 freight services, I urge you to go watch the stream and see the genuine passion and dedication displayed by Joe. This route has by far the most amazingly complex timetable of any route in the TSW series which Joe spent months working on, helped by James, and that included a great deal of his own personal evenings and weekends which he gave up to create this incredible timetable. This forum can be so demotivating sometimes when we have amazing amounts of work done by dedicated and passionate devs who have crafted a timetable with THOUSANDS of services, including almost 1500 that we get to drive, and a few people still complain that's not enough. I'm sorry but get a grip and be grateful that we got so lucky getting Joe to work on this route and create such an incredibly detailed timetable! Thank you so much Joe for the amazing dedication you've shown to this route, I can't wait to start driving your masterpiece service mode.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Aye, it's truly an unprecedented effort and I truly appreciate it. Hopefully, the freight and railtour side of things can be expanded post-release. For now, though I can't complain, there will be plenty to play with once I get my hands on it.

19. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Working on TSW must seem like a thankless task. The more they give us the more we complain