Dresden To Reisa - Meissen And Dresden Flughafen Branches New Screenshots

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeremy#2905, Sep 23, 2021.

1. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

So I recently downloaded this mod https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...9-patches/i1516-out-of-bounds-trigger-remover. A sneaky and short train ride later and I found myself on the Meissen branch. Here is a MASSIVE screenshot dump (100+). For those interested, to bypass the invisible walls, just go to Coswig and get on an S1 train to Meissen. You can either get out at the first station or jump out a bit before (as long as you pass the invisible wall). There is also an invisible wall at Meissen station so you will have to do the same thing there too. Overall the quality of this section is very high, especially considering it is in development. Of course there is a lot of missing scenery and hitboxes but overall I love this section and probably has the most personality of all routes in the game.

Meissen Branch --> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DJR7v6QUiRPosx-lqjmWOTeQfcV54FeV
    Dresden Flughafen Branch --> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TanaE-yQu9Vo4FWkcIXP7B1r3NCT-gzC?usp=sharing

Sorry I know that a google drive isn't ideal, but you can only post 5 screenshots at one time. If anyone has other better or more secure suggestions feel free to reply to the thread.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

Thanks for the screenshots! The scenery looks great even in production! Also do you know if the invicible walls after Coswig are just fysical walls, or the ones that kick you out of the game? If they are just walls, that means that they could be passed without the mod too, by saving the game after running a red signal. I'm going to try this tomorrow. Lets hope it works. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. AhhCaffeine

AhhCaffeine Member

Very nice, I like

• Like Like x 2
  4. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

It is both an invisible wall and an "Out of bounds" trigger. I tried a while ago to take an S1 service but resulted in getting kicked from the game.

5. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Evidently the Meissen branch was always going to be included as even in this release build of the route the branch is pretty much complete except for some missing scenery. (ie the S1 stops at the 4 stations to load / unload passengers even though they are not present yet).

I saw a post back when NRD released with someone checking out the Flughafen branch using a similar method and noting the scenery was quite detailed along it....which makes me think that branch will be added at some point as well.

-edit-

OK to test my theory, using the same method with the OOB mod...I caught an S2 service bound for Flughafen from Neustadt and the track layout is intact all the way to the Flughafen airport station.

The scenery gets less detailed the closer to the airport/underground stations you get....but the stations / signal placements exist so it would defiantely be a waste if it isn't expanded upon at some point in the future.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  6. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

Interesting. I had a theory the line extended to the airport as well. When discussing the PIS they blamed the Meissen extension for the lack of information for the S1 line. However this lack of information was also present on the S2 line which made me think maybe it was a possibility it went to the airport too.

7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I wonder what else is hidden out of bounds on other lines

• Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I was already curious about how much would be there after seeing trainsimcz's mod for it :).

Your description really makes me think they might intend to add the airport line aswell. If Matt was genuine when he said no work had been done on the branches when they were cut, that means they continued to work on them after that decision. That would make the airport lines future introduction very likely :).

Just out of curiosity, how much is modelled east of Dresden Hbf, and how much of Friedrichstadt? I don't imagine much, as these places were never part of any plan, but I'm just curious and can't test it out for myself at the moment :).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what/where Friedrichstadt is...so I can't test that but as far as East of Dresden goes, there isn't really much modelled after about 500m or so...a bunch of signals indicating end of track and my game crashed when I went through them :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. jolojonasgames

Thanks, that sounds pretty much as Imagined it. The Friedrich stadt yard is situated west of Dresden Hbf and rejoins the route at the junction near Coswig (where you also split the fast line and regional line, it is the line that joins that junction from the southeast).

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    The blue line in the southwest is the line over Friedrichstadt. This map was part of a proposal for a route extension of mine before the Meißen branch was re-announced. That suggestion seems pointless now the S2 line seems (in my eyes) somewhat likely aswell :).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Okie Doke... well I did a bit of wikipedia research and disovered that blue line is RB31 in real life that goes via Friedrichstadt. In-game I found a RB31 going that way and boarded it and it did indeed turn down the correct path, but same story as East Dresden where there was no modelling at all after 500m or so (the track ends at some point and you are running on grass...and then the game crashed); safe to assume taht isn't modelled at all

I also tried discovering the main route west of Dresden (towards Freiberg); although I couldnt find which service to baord to check it out...the track ends with what looks like some some buffers just past the invisible wall as seen below in my screenshot); so that is a no go as well

I think the Flughafen branch is the only one which seems quite developed although I haven't checked out the branch lines closer to Riesa yet

upload_2021-9-24_19-3-6.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I think the main problem with the airport branch was the stations that go underground. They need their own lighting baking which takes ages. So while the line being there is nice, I would be curious as to how finished the stations are, particularly the underground ones. That would suggest how much dev time is still required.

One alternative might be to go as far as the last overground station and have the trains go into a portal there, I'm not sure how much extra that would add though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I don't wanna be this guy, but one of the two German people that have been working on Riesa dresden as part of second party devs, has already said ove Ron the german forums that the airport branch won't be worked on (they have gotten shout outs from Matt when talking about the Meißen branch for example).
    I think this is important to mention, so that people here don't get false expectations. Better assume it will never happen. This way, if it does actually come around, you will be even more excited.
    But again I wouldn't bet on it being added.

• Like Like x 9
  14. jolojonasgames

That's a shame. We'll see, but as you say, keep your expectations low, then a surprise will always be a positive one.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

I took a ride myself on the S2 and there is definitely less development. The tunnel to the airport isn't modelled properly; The tunnel entrance still has terrain clipping through it and the tunnel wall stops after around 500m. However there are platforms where there are platforms irl, including at the airport.
    I also had doubts on whether or not the airport line would arrive because of the issue of light baking. Although it would be great to see the airport line it at the very least wont be releasing with the Meissen branch and most likely looks like it wont be released at all. With the current level of development it would be interesting to see if a modder would be able to complete the work that has been done.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jolojonasgames

If there's a modder willing to do that (and they can show they can do it) wouldn't it be smarter for them to just contact DTG and offer their services so all platforms can have the branch?

• Like Like x 1
  17. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i hope they finish what they started

• Like Like x 1
  18. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Was having this conversation in my last TSW 2 stream. Other developers have hired people from the modding community to improve the quality of their products, and bring them into the game a lot quicker, and it's proven successful for years. It would only benefit DTG and the community alike, for them to make a similar move.

• Like Like x 2
  19. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

For those who want a key example, the developer of Minecraft, Mojang, has hired Modders to implement their features into Base Game.

• Like Like x 2
  20. LWDAdnane

Yep, I intentionally didn't want to include an example but since we're here, SCS Software have also done the same for Euro Truck Simulator 2.

21. jolojonasgames

And isn't it happening right now in TSW with Londonmidland's new cloud visuals?

• Like Like x 2
  22. LWDAdnane

Not exactly, they're adapting his mod into the core game which is brilliant. But that's not the only mod he has that makes a noticeable difference to the game. Furthermore, having him officially in the team, means that he's in regular contact with DTG, offering his knowledge and skills, and sharing them, in turn making the general quality of upcoming DLC a higher quality then what we've been seeing.

So in short, yes it's great that DTG have included a mod from the community, but I don't think that's enough, if they want to raise the quality bar of the products they will release.

• Like Like x 2
  23. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG have hired 2nd and 3rd parties for various content since TSW was launches (including RIvet, TSG, AP and others). The difference with the weather mod is that someone found an easy enough way to mod the code to make the weather a bit better (and only a bit). DTG have tested and found it works so they're rolling it out. Won't sort the lighting or other issues that weather impacts but hey it's better than nothing

But again, DTG do hire 2nd parties. Look at Boston, they got the guy back to redo the OHLE as a 2nd party dev

• Like Like x 1
  24. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Did they actually say anything about how they going to implement this mod? Because in my opinion it is a bit to bright when it's very rainy and cloudy. Did they say that this mod is going to be implemented one by one or do they do some changes to it?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  25. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

From what I've seen they've been working with the mod creator to make it work in game consistently, and that it works on all platforms. Don't know any more than that at this stage (including any release date or whether you can turn it off)

• Like Like x 1
  26. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

I’m pretty excited to see more third-party content introduced into the game. We all have to admit that the best content from train simulator was third party content. Much better attention to detail, quality, and variety. I’ve also noticed that some of the best content in TSW has been from 2nd or 3rd parties, such as the Class 101 from TSG. I can’t wait to see what TSG is doing with the class 420, 232, and the vossloh shunter.

27. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely good news and from what I can see the next step is bringing in original plan S2 to Flughafen Dresden Klotzsche therefore making DDR Riesa-Dresden 105 km 65 mi surpassing clinchfield Railroad by 4 kilometers 2 miles 101 km 63 mi. I wonder if there's enough Demand for Riesa-Dresden Former DDR Deutsche Reichsbahn route to include a Rangierbahnhof which is Dresden Fredrichstadt. Which is the East German equivalent to former Deutsche Bundesbahn West Germany Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg Rangierbahnhof München Laim.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  28. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

jeremy#2905 well to be correct - the BR 101 was not 3rd party but rather TSG workes as 2nd party for this. But still agreed - in my opinion that's the best (german) loco in TSW right now because it is so well done. I'm also very excited, especially for TSG's releases next year. Can't wait for the 232! And I'm very excited to find out what locos will come next. I'm sure it will be an iconic one again. Maybe a 218 for Hamburg-Lübeck? Maybe some old school stuff like a 110, 111 or 141?

• Like Like x 6
  29. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Wasn't the team who made (or at least designed) Sonic Mania basically just modders and Sonic fans?

30. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

DTG has done so as well -- they are using LondonMidlands sky and cloud mod as a basis for improving the weather immersion. {Edit -- Opps - late to the conversation and see that this has all ready been discussed}

• Like Like x 1
  31. driverwoods#1787

110 for Rhein-Ruhr Osten since RB48 uses that instead of DB BR 422 in Game.

32. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice place to live

33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If DTG were to come up with some combination of V 200s, V160s and Einheitselektroloks I would think I had died and gone to heaven.

• Like Like x 6
  34. driverwoods#1787

This is actually East Germany therefore DR BR211 DB BR109 DR BR242 DB BR142. As a matter of fact DR BR250 DB BR155 does carry passenger and freight trains because they're designed as mixed traffic locomotives. Here's an East German Deutsche Reichsbahn instructional film for DR BR250 the DB BR155 from RSN

• Like Like x 1
  35. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

I would love to see the 155 on passenger services. The 155 is one of my favourite trains, mostly because of the tap changer wheel. It is very unique to the game and controlling the vehicle is super easy as a result.

• Like Like x 1
  36. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Any German electric before the 120 is a tap-changer

• Like Like x 1
  37. driverwoods#1787

I agree if DTG has access to East German Deutsche Reichsbahn films the DB BR155 will end up doing the typical DB BR143 DR BR243 DB BR112 duties passengers and Freight on all German routes in Game. If you look at the training video for DR BR250 DB BR155 it's operating a passenger train.

• Like Like x 1
  38. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

I mean a tap changer with the control wheel.

39. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Could someone who went there with the out of bounds mod post some pictures of the Flughafen branch? Really excited to see what’s there. I was the one who originally made the comment about detailed Flughafen branch scenery, but couldn’t get past the map border.

• Like Like x 2
  40. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

I am currently away from my computer but when I get home I’ll definitely take some photos if no one else has. Just a forewarning don’t expect too much, it’s in a very crude point in development.

• Like Like x 3
  41. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

Hi everyone, I have taken some screenshots of the Dresden Fluhafen section. A few of notes:
    - This is in a much more undeveloped state than the Meissen branch.
    - Although signals are working, there are no overhead lines.
    - Trains stop at some stations and open doors for some but not all of the stations.
    - There is no "climb up" action for platforms.
    - There are platforms for every station, but there is very little detail; no station signs, PIS, etc.
    - The Flughafen tunnel is not simulated for the most part, and the tunnel entrance has clipping terrain.
    - Terrain clipping/gaps all over the place.

Overall it should not be understated that this is obviously not a priority for DTG, and will be interesting to see when the Meissen update comes out if any further development has been made; my guess is no development will have been made.
    Dresden Flughafen Branch --> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TanaE-yQu9Vo4FWkcIXP7B1r3NCT-gzC?usp=sharing

• Like Like x 2
  42. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

There are no plans to do anything with the Flughafen branch, just to be clear. Please set your expectations to zero on that front.

• Helpful Helpful x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  43. jolojonasgames

Thanks for the clarifications, setting my expectations to zero :).

44. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Except the Br 111 and 181 as far as I recall.

45. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

A really interesting set of screenshots. This shows that a significant amount of work already went into it before plans getting scrapped. Also shows a bit of how the process works behind the curtain (nothing negative). How the important places (Klotzsche) get made before the "filling" (you can see the section towards DD-Neustadt being a lot emptier than Klotzsche itself). Interesting to me are the surface gaps. Probably I am too much in the thinking "simulators get made similarly", because mostly you would have a new tile - a big square - and then form a terrain smoothly not having these. Granted UE might work a whole lot differently. Props to the routemakers nonetheless - even from this little you can tell pretty surely the sections you're on.
    Would you mind sharing a bit more about what happened BTS? As mentioned above - it seems there has been a serious amount of work put into it already, entire parts of town populated with buildings etc. Just curious.

And my deepest apologies... but I still hope... one day... the branch will make it :D My "nearly home line" diverges in Klotzsche, went through that station twice yesterday... so I can't give up hope. :D

• Like Like x 2
  46. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I absolutely believe Matt and thank him for the clarification. But looking at these pictures, I have a feeling this will get completed one day. All the difficult stuff (tracks & signals) is there already.

47. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Definitely not all, you're missing all the custom assets artists would have to create, out of which the underground station would probably be the most difficult. You also need to light bake the tunnel, build the whole catenary etc. Probably not undoable, but if I had to guess, the custom assets would be the largest hurdle.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

At the end of the day it will come down to player demand / priorities if this branch will ever get re-visited. From a resourcing pov it is in DTGs best interest to focus on new routes as there is still a significant amount of work required on the Flughafen branch in it's current state.

It's more likely that a modder spends some time on it and releases something (PC only of course)

The Meißen branch however is way further developed (even in the current build), required less time to complete or tricky underground sections.

49. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

• Like Like x 1