[mod] Improved Main Menu Ui, Diorama And Loco Select Screen

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HeyYoPaulie!, Oct 2, 2021.

1. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

Another brilliant mod by trainsimcz

This mod replaces the 4.26 main menu / diorama to something more akin to the previous version.

Key features:
    • A much more useful diorama - being outside, you can actually see weather changes
    • Improved camera angle when selecting locos
    • And as an added bonus, far better GPU utilisation and temps
    This works with Steam 4.26 (not sure about the Epic store version).

Thank you trainsimcz!

Enjoy :)

Download link: http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2501

diorama1.jpg diorama2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 35
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

3. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

As mentioned by 1 user there, it does not work in Epic version of the game.

I still cannot comprehend why we have to rely on brilliant moders to fix these illogical changes DTG decided to do just for the sake of changing something, that previously worked perfectly.

• Like Like x 17
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I do not actually know that but keep in mind:

If DTG does it they cannot afford that it does not work for all platforms and they need formal testing procedures to at least make sure it does not behave too bad. In the past I have installed several mods that caused crashes or made the game refuse to launch. For unsupported stuff, you can just kick it out.

And, yes they could have take better design decisions but people make mistakes. And sometimes we need to forgive them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Does it also get rid of the guy in the corner? I've noticed he's gone and it seems to be running a bit smoother.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Sometimes, I hate being a Consoleplayer. It just looks a thousand times better. Above all, you don't see this crazy Bug with the EMUs / DMUs. If you look closely you see the Game just places the first Part of the Unit.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 5cip

5cip Active Member

thats really true i cant believe that many thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The original diorama was so much better than any of the replacements. For me, an option like in TSW2020 to change the diorama to the depot, the rural station and any of the TSW2020 Mastery dioramas would be great. The current diorama is completely useless and quite ugly as well.

• Like Like x 13
  9. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I'm not sure why the Mastery dioramas didn't make it into TSW2, having a selection to choose from is a much better option then sticking with the one diorama we see over and over again, across multiple routes.
    For instance, having an AC4400CW sat in the middle of a central station with glass arches feels soo out of place then say a maintenance shed. At least with TSW 2020, I could change that to something more appropriate.

• Like Like x 6
  10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I agree, they could at least use the diarama from the original concept arts, as a backdrop while using the previous version where you see the train or rolling stock and can see the changes you made, to the weather setting and the time setting as well;

• Like Like x 1
  11. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

They should add more dioramas relating to that route, but also bringing back the train, and seeing the changes in weather and time, and any other setting that you are tweaking.

12. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I have been waiting for something like this since the release of 4.26...finally no more stupid avatars on the route select screen

Thanks trainsimcz

• Like Like x 1
  13. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Every little mod helps.
    Thanks for this one.

• Like Like x 2
  14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Thank god, no more silly indoor look through the roof to see the weather lark. trainsimcz coukd I ask please how long this mod took to make please? I’m just curious how big a job it was time wise.

• Like Like x 1
  15. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Around 5 mins include paking, editing readme, zipping, uploading and writing article about that :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

That staggers me that DTG left it as it was on that basis if it was such a quick remedy after all the negative feedback

• Like Like x 1
  17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Doomotron

Which concept art? I'd like to see it...

19. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

One of the most epic mods for the new TSW2 4.26 version. The old diorama is a million times better

• Like Like x 1
  20. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

For anyone considering whether to get this mod or not, I have a steady 60fps in the menu now with no stuttering, whereby I had around 30, with stuttering. Also looks a lot better, a no brained really. I know it's only a menu, but it makes a difference to the whole experience. We'll suffer with low frames and stuttering in the game anyway, may as well have a smooth experience somewhere if we can.

• Like Like x 2
  22. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

Old Thread I know, but for some reason it is not working for me. Just wondering here.
    Don't know if you trainsimcz are still looking to update this, TSW4 & 3 got updates, could the TSW3 update screw up something in TSW2? I only ask this because they both can share the same ini files, but not sure of any other files they may have in common.

I'm on the Steam version, at one point I get a two-tone blue background when I choose the main menu and the mouse pointer is locked in the center of the screen. Or could the saved files in my docs be messed up? The ini file is not an issue, I deleted it, and no change in the game.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  23. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

TSW4 does not allow such modifications anymore. Nothing the modders can do about that.

24. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Who told you that? Dtg is not against modding, but they cannot support mods if they break the game for you.

25. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Every modder can tell you that. I've tried myself, just modifying the highlight colour. TSW4 refuses to load the mod. All this worked until TSW4, and it's pretty much known by now.

26. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

I dont agree :) Mods are working fine, at least with Steam version.

27. Doomotron

He is specifically talking about UI mods, not mods in general.

28. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

I asked about the mod being updated because this is how things look for me in TSW2 see the images below. I removed mods, deleted the ini file, and even removed TSWSaveGame_[your name here] <--this was not recreated, and the Bak_ save, I swapped out the TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping and the TS2Prototype exe files with backups. I verified file integrity three times through Steam this all changed after the TSW3 updates were pushed out.

I even tried replacing the OSS folder found here [Train Sim World 2\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Config\OSS] with a backup because of the .json files and not being sure if they held any data. I also replaced the pak files folder with backups from 8 months back.
    Now be it with mods or not and currently no mods installed, my next step is to uninstall & reinstall.
    I downloaded and swapped out the Diorama with TSW2 Mastery Diorama Pack from TSC mod site and tried it, after having used the one from Train simulators (trainsim.cz)

without any mod
    20231127235901_1.jpg 20231128084723_1.jpg

With the Diorama mod regardless of whether I'm using Diorama_Depot.pak from TSC mod pages or the this one DepotDiorama.pak from Train simulators (trainsim.cz)
    20231128075829_1.jpg 20231128085039_1.jpg

And yet the game runs fine training or scenario or timetable run well. I can say it is not the mod, either one, unless there is something I didn't try a reinstall may correct this?

Just wanted to add that everything I tried, it will not revert back to vanilla.
    20230427065826_1 - Copy.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  29. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

First my apologies for any confusion.
    Rather than just deleting the post and I don't see a way to strike out text and post an update, I am quoting it with a Correction and explanation, plain and simple really, I missed a mod that I thought I removed turned out that I did not, with one sound mod not for TSW2 that I put in by mistake is what caused my issue and this post, and now with it removed, all is working as it should be it all vanilla and with the Diorama Mod from Train simulators (trainsim.cz) please attached image.
    20231129014250_1.jpg

30. yansel#5383

yansel#5383 Member

Does this work on steam on TSW 4?

31. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

As far as I know, there isn't a TSW4 version of this kind, and unless the mod author makes it that would mean changing the interface of TSW4 which I don't believe a modder can do at this time but I am unsure, it's just a guess.

32. orb

orb Well-Known Member

As far as I know, there is no such full screen live loco preview available on the loco selection screen already since release of TSW3, but only small images instead (like those presented at the bottom of the screen in the OP), and from screenshots of the interface of TSW4, no such thing was brought back there either. I guess this loco preview was removed due to some people having GPU overheating problems in the loco selection menu.