Officially Making The Jump Over Guys.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aarontheloner, Sep 25, 2021.

1. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

Awhile back I said I was considering it as I was getting board with what was available in TSW2. As of now I have officially ordered a gaming rig, and this will most likely be the first game to download on Steam once I get it set up. If anyone has any last minute thoughts on best North American routes (primarily freight, but I don't mind passenger) I am all ears.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Don't buy any DLC at the moment - there is usually a Sale around Halloween :)

3. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

There is a sale on in the dovetail store at the moment with some American content. It is a bit more complicated than using steam though: check you do not have the content, buy from the store, get the key and enter into the steam client.

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Good luck, you and your PayPal account will need it...

Worth it? Absolutely, every penny.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

-Sherman Hill (Maybe go for the Battle For Sherman Hill pack, a good amount of content there)
    -Springfield Line: Springfield – New Haven Route (A very well modeled vintage NYNH route)
    -Feather River Canyon (One of DTG's best looking routes to day, another vintage route set in the Western Pacific Era)
    -Sacramento Northern: Suisun Bay – San Francisco (While the route is primarily focused on the Interurban Cars, I found the GE Centercab very fun to drive for its freight scenarios, its also interesting being set in an era that doesn't have very many routes in officially for TS)
    -Montana Hi-Line (Not sure if you are restricted to BNSF content or not, but the Hi-Line is the only BNSF route that isn't globally restricted, a good rollercoaster route with some minor grades that will keep you on your toes.)

But like others say, wait for a sale before buying routes, you will save up a bunch of money doing that.

6. aarontheloner

Was planning on Feather River and Hi-Line. Also Battle for Sherman Hill just for how much it comes with. Other routes that I consider high priority are Soldier Summit, Hanover Sub, and Mountain Sub.

Yeah, I like the 70s and 80s, lol.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  7. aarontheloner

Update. Went with Battle for Sherman Hill and Soldier Summit with the extension. Will wait for sales to get much else.

8. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

I've been buying up all the Smokebox trains / routes - the UP 119 and Promontory are a blast to play

• Like Like x 1
  9. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Some newer ones are worth considering plus some older ones Tehachapi Pass, Arizona Divide, B & O Mountain Sub Division. Montana Highline and Feather River Canyon.

10. aarontheloner

All of those are on my list.

That and Hanover Sub. Those are probably the ones I most intend to buy. Just need to wait on some sales, lol.

Am really liking Soldier Summit so far. Will definitely be picking up all the locomotive DLCs. They seem to all have review of at least decent.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. gee

gee Member

I can vouch for that.

12. aarontheloner

So of course I am already having the infamous out of memory error.

13. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

May want to adjust your page file.

14. aarontheloner

Already fixed it.