Train Sim World 2 - London Commuter South Downs Spectacle

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 1, 2021.

1. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

No as Matt said in the Stream all DLC layers for older consoles are deactivated. You only get the 377/387. - approx 1200 services.

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The DLC will have only the 377 & 387 on last gen, however with 1200 services I wouldn’t be too worried about it being empty, although you’ll notice the sidings and a couple of platforms at Victoria will be empty since those are specifically for SE services.

3. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

Definitely still going to purchase it, just a disappointment. Hopefully I can get my hands on a next gen before the scalpers do whenever they're restocked...

• Like Like x 4
  4. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

You can keep dreaming :) personally I gave up trying to get a PS5 as in half a second all the stock are gone thanks to these bloody scalpers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah I can see why it would be, in any case it wont be like HMA, where the route is virtually empty without the layers, the base time table is quite considerable.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Guess a 700 DLC falls down to both GTR and Siemens playing ball? Who owns the Thameslink name these days?

• Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Why? Are you aware of some fraud by Govia's accountants the press haven't reported yet?

• Like Like x 2
  8. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

I have been looking forward to this release since in was anounced but couldn't help but notice the cranes at Battersea Power Station are still at a strange angle, the jibs are supposed to be horizontal on tower cranes

• Like Like x 1
  9. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I agree anytime its mentioned that someone has a Series X or PS5 immediately we are accused of looking down our noses at the older console users.

You know what I probably spent the same amount of time as I would for a part time job searching for a month and a half to find one. So why can't I be proud of my accomplishment and post things about why I'm happy I purchased a next gen console, I did work hard to afford it and find one.

I think its just because a number of people have posted that they were getting a next gen console because they saw the writing on the wall that the past gen won't be able to handle all the new features DTG would like to implement. And there is now a sudden realization that what we have been saying for months and months is actually true.

But again using all of the consoles power they can only run PC low graphics at a stable 30fps for the most part before Rush Hour, so logically I don't see how you could expect to get all the features without breaking the game.

As soon as they announced that Rush Hour was going to be an increase in passengers and traffic I knew right away. There is no way this machine was going to handle what they want to do if it already struggles with what we have.

And you can't blame DTG, they really do want to give a better experience on the older consoles. It's not their fault the hardware is rubbish by todays standards. But some other developers have even stopped making their games for the Older console. 2K's next WWE game, Forza Motorsport, Flight sim are all not coming to old consoles. And EA sports has said this will be the last run on the older consoles for NHL, Madden and Fifa.

So we are lucky that DTG is still going to support the older gen for the foreseeable future.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  10. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

No, they are correct now. There's more than one design of tower crane, some have the jibs which are not horizontal and can be moved up and down.
    I tried to attach an image but it didn't work. Just do a Google image search for Battersea Power Station and you can see photos of the cranes and that they aren't using the design with horizontal jibs.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

images (16).jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ryan1997

Ryan1997 Member

Thank
    Thank you for that Joe. I'm so happy with the timetable you have given us. It's amazing! I'm glad they had consideration but I'd much rather we had more services like we have rather than sacrifice this for a few peak splitters.

Great work, thanks for everything!

• Like Like x 2
  13. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Could that “secret” service be a test run to Hayward’s Heath in the 313? They do it quite often.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No, they won't

15. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Yes but will it be 313 for ecw only? And you only get to use the 313 on this route if you have a ps5/pc/xbox next gen.... we shall see, DTGs wording around the 313 is now very interesting... the screen shots confirm it will be on this route in some format for some people, who those people are yet to be revealed.

I wonder if this is why the 313 was held back for so long now, the dev time of a year 1+ is quite interesting for a single loco

Even matt did a double take on stream almost like he normally gets the 313 layer on his bml dev box... then realised he was on his non "caffeine box" as he put it on stream.

My money on 313 for ecw only for all users... then maybe 313 as layers for elsewhere if your device is strong enough (I hope this is not the case as a last gen customer but being realistic here)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

The situation really isn't that bad any more. The scalpers are annoying, sure, but they account for a tiny percentage of PS5s sold and will hopefully be sitting on a lot of stock that they'll end up selling at RRP as the situation continues to improve.

Follow some of the stock accounts on Twitter for your area – I found https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlertUK to be the most useful for the UK – and set it up so you get alerted when they post. I had a good 12 hours notice about an impending drop at Game, chose what I wanted and bought it as soon as it went live, and that was after being in the website queue for 10-15 mins. It was billed as a 'pre-order' for delivery a week or two later, but arrived two days layer.

The frequency of drops at Game, Smyths, Amazon, Very, Argos etc are all increasing so you shouldn't have too much trouble landing one as long as you know when to get on the sites.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I’m of the exact same opinion.
    Hopefully isn’t going to be too much effort to transfer my data when I upgrade haha

18. ARuscoe

This would be my reckoning too. 313 works as a primary layer on ECW but a secondary one on BML, primary being "on" for everyone, secondary being "on where hardware allows"

• Like Like x 3
  19. Skyz2020

I think you are correct ruscoe, a screenshot of 313 does not make it so for us on last gen on all routes. My ps4 is looking like old yeller at the moment, wondering when it is going to be taken to the forest (or ebay)...

Still surprised nothing from DTG to confirm as progress or intent in regard to last gen layers this past week, we had a brief 5mins from matt... then nothing, .. maybe a surprise up their sleeve post launch a timetable for old gen pherhaps for bml...pherhaps the excellent Joethefish could be paid a well deserved bonus to knock us together a last gen fairwell timetable for bml with some 166, 66 etc... maybe... let's see

(by fairwell I mean a kind of "dont expect this again and count yourself lucky we allowed this time" approach)

• Like Like x 2
  20. ARuscoe

I'm not surprised. They don't want to say "Yes, we're working on it" because people will jump on them as to when, how, how much, why isn't it here NOW!!! and they don't want to say "nope, we're concentrating on gen9 and PC because that alienates all the gen8 people.
    It's not a great position to be in, but I guess falling back to "We will be developing for PS4 until 2022 at the least" would be something (and leaves a lot of latitude as it doesn't say WHEN in 2022 ("All summer long" nudge nudge))

• Like Like x 1
  21. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

I just wouldn't buy it If I were you. You haven't stopped criticising the layers situation since you appeared on this thread.
    If it can't be done, it can't be done. It has been said on the stream, so why continue on about it. Why don't you praise the route and the quality of things you saw on the stream instead?

• Like Like x 4
  22. Skyz2020

Lol I agree ruscoe, it is a difficult position, and I like the joke about all summer long, good to keep things light :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Skyz2020

Thanks for the feedback alex. The stream was excellent, and as I watching matt stand at the end of Victoria in awe of his creation watching the 465 depart, the 375 se depart mixed in with the 166 at Gatwick i sat there and thought this stream is for people with more firepower it's not for last gen users who will be seeing endless 377 whizzing by (a very impressive level of 377 but mainly just 377 all the same)

If you look carefully at my posts I am not bashing but in effect weighing up my own decision re ps5 and I would imagine in due course with the 313 dlc announcement or the 700 dtg will confirm where their new priorities are.

However I digress , good stream, glad for you on ps5, we await further info from DTG

• Like Like x 2
  24. ARuscoe

Well, 377s and a few GXs

313 will come. Not sure the 700 ever will

• Like Like x 1
  25. Skyz2020

A yes gx will bring sprinkling of red :)

Agree 313 over 700 for sure for next dlc

• Like Like x 2
  26. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Not for fraud, but they are being investigated as well. I believe it is for something related to pensions. The RMT are also calling for their franchise to be stripped, but since nobody cares about what they say anymore that's unlikely to happen. Of course, there is no guarantee they'll lose the franchise, but things don't look very good for GTR right now, or Go-Ahead itself at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  27. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

I admire your calm response so thank you :)

Unless you are a counsellor, you are definitely in the wrong trade haha.

I understand your comments better now, so I do appreciate your reply back.

Also, I am on Xbox series S and it certainly would be worth the upgrade if available to you at some point in the near future

28. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Had another watch through just now, and some more concerning details which have been missed!
    There isn’t the bridge just south of Wivelsfield. Really a shame but not sure if it will be resolved. So far I’ve noticed no over bridge at Hayward’s Heath and no overbridge at Wivelsfield. Maybe done on purpose for Frames rate, but still a real shame.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Skyz2020

You know what I am actually considering a xbox next gen aswell. Mainly because it looks like skyrim or elder scrolls 6 is only coming to xbox now... so I may well join you in due course.... having said that elderscrolls 6 is looking like 2025 at this rate... but that's for a whole different forum and whole different avatar elsewhere, good to chat :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

Regarding the pis on the trains if you’re doing a split service will it say this train will divide on the pis?

• Like Like x 2
  31. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We can add this to the list. In terms of lighting, it won't be the same as Dresden, but we're hoping it's an improvement on what you might expect from previous releases.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG JD did you also checked when the new Heaven and Clouds are coming into the game from londonmidland

• Like Like x 4
  33. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

Thanks, perhaps I don't look skywards as much as I should :D

34. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Don’t be silly. You’re either inpatient or jealous. I for one like seeing early access videos, as that helps me decide whether to purchase something or not after seeing what it’s like.

• Like Like x 8
  35. Dee Apples

Dee Apples New Member

If memory serves, when you play on game pass cloud streaming you are effectively playing on a remote Xbox One X.

Therefore if one buys the DLC on last gen but streams via PC Cloud Beta you would get all the layers then.

Be interesting to experiment and see just how much difference it makes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The suggestion that DTG has not enabled the 166 and other layers within BML on last generation consoles, so that an additional DLC can be added makes sense.

However, this might not be the ‘Thameslink 700’ but the 313, which we have seen from screenshots does layer on to BML, or at least did at some point. From DTG’s perspective, it’s better never to give than to give and then take back, so either RAM space has been left to enable the 313 layering or a whole new DLC is expected and will work on next generation consoles.

We might find out more tomorrow in the next Roadmap as it’s pretty thin in terms of upcoming routes and trains - especially as more are nearing completion.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Skyz2020

Agreed , looking out for a "memory optimisation for bml" entry or "313 for ecw only (layers for next gen on bml only)" in the docket. Time will tell, very little interruption from DTG on the forums since Friday, think they are watching community feedback from all platforms before gingerly confirming a few things (hence why they are quite)

• Like Like x 2
  38. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

About the class 313, i remember nat saying in the stream to be patient, we will hear from it soon.

So no specific detailas but i guess its not taking too much time anymore

• Like Like x 1
  39. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Maybe DTG could give gen8 players a kind of "mini roadmap" tomorrow, expanding on the BML situation and giving them some assurances about the future of the platform vis-a-vis upcoming releases. Perhaps that would settle things down and alleviate some of the present uncertainty.

• Like Like x 3
  40. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

This is kind of irrelevant to the route but I saw some people mentioning the 313
    Does anyone know why it took so long to be produced just curious

41. Skyz2020

I would agree crosstie, makes good business sense if they wish to cream the curve out of last gen over next 6 months or so, to set out the plan, how the slow goodbye will work and what bang you get for your buck on last gen.

I suspect last gen is toast effective of next summer anyhow, so as a last gen player I would appreciate the exit plan and then can budget accordingly for dlc or a hardware upgrade.... or if funds allow... both

Good post

• Like Like x 2
  42. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Theres probably not alot to expand on regarding BML other than what they’ve already said.

As for letting Gen 8 users know what they’re in for when it comes to future DLC I definitely think this is something they need to do to a certain extent, whilst they have said things along the lines of not holding back Gen 9 & PC, that doesn’t really clarify much for gen 8, only implies it.

Of course you have to consider that DTG won’t know if routes can support layers until they test it, but in the case of BML I have a strong inclination that DTG knew before just last Friday that this would be the case for gen 8.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Skyz2020

I suspect first capital they were holding it back for bml, then realised it wont work on all platforms on bml (hence layer discussion) and now trying to work out what to do in background at present with it as its inclusion or exclusion from routes might well give the longer term plans away.

A theory not a fact

Good profile pic btw, will try not to confuse it with a fgw one like I did the other day :)

• Like Like x 2
  44. Skyz2020

I quite agree ck95

45. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

So do we actually have a date for this route going live/on sale yet?

46. MisterV

MisterV Member

Thursday

• Like Like x 1
  47. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

This Thursday (the 7th).

• Like Like x 1
  48. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I reckon we're near the point where DTG realises they either have to seriously optimise TSW, or TSW2 simply won't run on the PS4 and Xbox One. For all we know, TSW2 on these consoles might be nearer the end than the beginning.

• Like Like x 4
  49. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

The route comes out on the 7th of this month there's a small chance it will go on sale in the October sale for ps4/ps5 i dint know about the other consoles but will definitely be on sale in December because of Christmas sales

• Like Like x 2
  50. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I bought 8GB of RAM last week for my gaming laptop to take it up to 16GB, I hope that will be ok but I might also get an SSD to replace my HDD too. Just hope the fan (which is loud) keeps going! I haven't played since 4.26 because crashes aren't good for your machine and I think I know exactly what would happen...

I hope that over time everyone on Gen8 has the opportunity to get to Gen9 or beyond. It might not be this year or even next, but both supply issues and pricing will move towards you over time. At that point all of the content you have will be usable as it is now for people on Gen9.

I never had a PS4, but a PS3. There was a lot more crossover I think in that gen7-8 move compared to this one, it was obvious pretty early on the extra capacity and performance on Gen9 was a game-changer. There were many games made for PS3 and 4 but I think fewer for PS4 and 5? (or at least there are several high profile ones where the old version doesn't work properly)

I would also agree that you play more than just TSW on consoles and it isn't like they are removing layers, you never had them on this route or HMA on your current console. You have bought them and they will be usable after you upgrade. I think it is fair enough, but it isn't nice to be on that side of the table, it never is.

The tricky decision for DTG (and the reason for the relative silence?) is that that removing existing layers is exactly what might happen with Dresden...perhaps they will work on a way of allowing layers to be scalable and individually toggled rather than a global 0/1.

• Like Like x 1