Paying Full Price And Not Getting Full Route Abilities

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jimnicebutdimm, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Me and CK95 agree... shall I get the jumpers out...for goal posts... is it snowing yet... only kidding CK95 think you are correct summer 2022 all over for last gen

• Like Like x 1
  2. Skyz2020

Summer 2022 - think DTG will separate from last gen with tsw3 etc on next core update

Also think Livery designer and planner 2.00 will be next gen only to go along with this theory, so will be from DTG standpoint the right point to say goodbye.

Even as a ps4 user I know what's coming, just waiting on the 313 announcement to confirm it :(

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Realistic (for me)

• Like Like x 2
  4. ARuscoe

I don't see a need for a rebrand until the next time they do an engine update (so two to three years minimum from my perspective)
    And hopefully they will clarify that the gen8 consoles will generally be able to use primary layers but generally not secondary layers on a given timetable until that point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skyz2020

Hopefully ruscoe, I like your balanced view point, your contributions have been very balanced throughout this period and very courteous to last gen users which I appreciate

6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m definitely not interested in having to do yet another content migration, considering the 2 times we’ve had to do so now has been littered with issues.

I think that looking at it from DTG’s prospective, or any developer really, it makes sense to only separate from platforms when you can bring a new series entry into the fold, this is why we’ve never seen a call of duty, fifa or any other such title suddenly drop support for a previous generation without first moving to a new title within their game series, there’s not really a way to do it without giving off a bad image, look at the fallout of the BML layer decision, now imagine if DTG had said they won’t bring BML or any future DLC to TSW 2.

Obviously TSW is different in that there is no base game, only individual routes, but I think it’s pretty clear that many people don’t really understand that system, you’d just get people saying that they’ve bought TSW 2 and now they’ve been scammed, just like with the TSW 2020 migration to TSW 2.

7. ARuscoe

I try, though my tendency to sarcasm does rear it's head when certain arguments descend... Hence a few closed posts on this subject ;)

Unfortunately that's a mix of things. PS Store and Xbox Store are not set up for "allowing multiple licenses across multiple titles" and then the added issue of why those three files messed up, killing the PS4 database. All in all not a good day for either side. Thankfully it didn't affect everyone otherwise there would have been riots (though obviously the PS4 players who were affected could have quite understandably felt like stabbing people)

This is where I feel a qualifier would be helpful. The idea of "primary timetable" which is available to everyone vs secondary layers which run on the machines capable of doing so. It helps people understand that WHEN they upgrade to a PS5 they get all the bells and whistles, but the PS4 base isn't up to snuff

True, but then we got the preserved collection and people didn't feel quite so... annoyed... and then the preserved team just added to that. A good call by DTG from the player's perspective methinks

• Like Like x 1
  8. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Would you feel the same way if you were still on PS4?

'Swtich to PS5' is not the correct answer. DTG needs to treat EVERY customer the same way. We all pay the same price. BTW: I would swith to PS5 if it were possible. Two words: Not available, No stock, Sold out. Take your pick. And I don't expect the availability problems of the PS5 to be solved anytime soon. I think it will be 2023 before PS5's will be readily available.

• Like Like x 4
  9. ARuscoe

Yes
    They do. They give as much content as possible to each platform. If you mean the game should run the same on every platform then they should immediately stop developing for outdated platforms and only develop for those which are up to date.
    Develop for what's now and if people can't or won't keep up that's their issue

10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

This just goes back to the original answer though, DTG already said multiple times (as far back as a year, maybe even more) that they will not hold back more powerful machines.

If that isn’t something you are on board with then you’ve had every opportunity to jump ship.

It’s very clear to see that Rush Hour has brought Gen 8 consoles to their knees, so this expectation of sharing the same experience as everyone else is a little shortsighted to say the least, but DTG are also implicit in that by not making everyone fully aware of the situation.

I certainly disagree with the way DTG have handled their announcement of layers, surely they knew that these layers would not run on Gen 8 before last week, and even on top of that, they sneakily edited a previous article with the info and didn’t make any announcement, so for their (as per usual) sloppy communication of the topic, I can definitely see (and support) the backlash they get because of that.

What I don’t support are the rampant conspiracy theories circulating that DTG are out to get last gen users, it’s not DTG’s fault that the machines simply don’t have the power to sustain their (and everyone else’s) vision for TSW.

• Like Like x 5