Why Is Nobody Talking About Meißen Branch?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antwerpcentral, Oct 4, 2021.

1. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I was looking at the streams announcement and noticed tonight is Meißen branch preview. I was a bit surprised to see something was announced where I had not heard or read about. So I do a search on Meißen and the only results is from the announcement?

So I wonder what is a branch and why is this so insignificant nobody is speculating about release dates, contents or whatever. I guess a branch is an extension of an existing route so it sounds significant.

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Many people were, which is probably why we’re now getting it.

There’s a couple of threads still discussing it and one of those even has screenshots of the line.

With the preview tonight and presumably the update being tomorrow following the usual update schedule I guess at this point we have all we need to know.

This is the thread with the screenshots.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...n-branches-new-screenshots.45871/#post-384043

• Like Like x 1
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Comes out tomorrow with the patch. It's free if you own Dresden
    I talk about it here actually ;-)

• Like Like x 5
  4. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Speaking only for myself, the numerous bugs and timetable issues have made this extra branch moot until they are addressed.

• Like Like x 4
  5. antwerpcentral

Oh thank you. From your video it is clear I already heard about it. Probably DTG is the only one using the German grammar and that's why I can't find anything on this forum about it. Stupid me :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. TinTin_57

No no, depends if you live in the forums and on their streams like some of us ;)

kevin.charb81 yes, as I mention in the video I'm hoping in my case certainly this PS5 fix comes through tomorrow or I won't be able to see Meisen as Dresden is still missing unless I delete stuff which I still don't want to do

• Like Like x 3
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Using the forum search function will show how much it has been talked about. It was going to be part of the route, then it got removed, then an unholy and very prominent uproar happened here on the forum, and then it was added back again, not quite making it to the release of the route but promised for later. It is now later and it is coming out. People are happy about it and therefore not talking much about it right now but it has been spoken about at length, you just missed it as it was before your time on the forum.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. antwerpcentral

Using the search function I got one result and that was the article about this weeks stream. It has probably to do with the ß in Meißen.
    And I indeed had already heard about it in a stream or video but I probably only registered Dresden is getting more content

Edit: I just noticed I had the checkbox "search only this forum" on. I'm stupid :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Just want to manage expectations here - whilst we usually do patches on Tuesdays prior to launch, it may shift this week. When we have more, we'll let you know.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  10. antwerpcentral

You did a good job as I found a topic that got me excited about a patch coming tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m looking forward to the Meißen branch and the stream tonight. Though I’m more concerned, at the moment, with the yet unfixed PS5 missing DLC issue and the significantly bugged journey mode on Dresden.

If I’m honest I haven’t played much of Boston Sprinter or Dresden due to the issues on those routes. I don’t have the patience to do most of a service only to find it can’t be completed. The messed up trains on Dresden and the poor signalling on Boston are also extremely off putting. I hope Brighton is significantly better in terms of quality - but we’ll only know that when playing the route as the Boston and Dresden issues didn’t show themselves in the preview streams.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  12. antwerpcentral

Well I'm excited about it as Dresden is my favourite route so any extension is welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I have been avoiding doing the S1 services since the route was released because I wanted to wait until the Meißen branch was added back.

• Like Like x 2
  14. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

How funny, I've been doing the same thing, hahahaha.

Unfortunately I have not stopped doing only S1, as well as other services due to bugs in Dresden, I hope they are fixed, as an extension without the bug fixes is useless, I even took screenshots of the currently existing section in which it seems to start extension to make a "before and after" comparison.

• Like Like x 4
  15. morph147

morph147 Active Member

I havent been excited for the branch only because of the crashing issues on Dresden. I want to play the route without having to worry about this. Will probably start up though if the patch fixes the crashing.

speaking of which did they mention if the new branch will add a new journey?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Which just goes to show that stamping your feet and yelling at the top of your lungs sometimes works in the candy aisle and the toy shop. It can certainly work with DTG, although the official line will be that " we always meant to add it in". :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  17. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Same boat as you. Dresden currently has a big Out of Order sign on it (like Arosa) as far as I'm concerned. I can't start any type of service, training module or scenario with assurance that I can make it to the end.

If this route was released on its own, the uproar would be even louder as it would easily be one of the most defective DLCs on release ever in TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  18. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Well that just blows, we have been waiting for 6 weeks already for the Xbox texture glitch fix to come out. And now we have to wait a few days longer. Thats nice you put everything on hold for PS users but Xbox its whatever they can just deal with a broken game.

And great the last time you didn't release the patch on a Tuesday it mucked everything up. So expect that to happen again. Just shows they do not learn from their mistakes.

• Like Like x 3
  19. antwerpcentral

I'm excited! It looks lovely. The only thing I don't understand is why there is no collectible at the sightseeing place? It seemed so logical to find something there.

Will the exact stops be fixed before release?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Or a donkey, at least.

• Like Like x 4
  21. bakedpotatos.jm

It doesn't sound like this is coming this week they said in the stream there is no set date but it should be very soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

The stream was quite good, the branch looks amazing! Just a few things…
    - Why was the ICE removed from old gen? Don’t think this was the cause for the crashes, now people have to use an outdated timetable to access it.
    - Why wasn’t the severe 101 issue on PlayStation mentioned even once? Probably 50 comments in the live chat were asking about it. Hopefully it gets fixed with the update. Otherwise this is very disappointing since many PlayStation players using the newer timetable will lose access to 2 train types (ICE + 101). There are multiple threads in the PS and Technical sections describing the issue.
    - Adding to that, the 182 on Dresden was completely removed for all platforms because of incompatibility with the new Dostos. Why not just let it run with the regular ones?
    - There were still big issues with PIS at multiple points in the stream (both loco and platform displays).

• Like Like x 4
  23. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Because that‘s not how substitution works.

• Like Like x 2
  24. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

A question I have: Will the current Riesa to Dresden map collectible get updated to show the addition of the Meissen branch upon release?

• Like Like x 2
  25. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Matt said that the texture is unchanged.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  26. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Stated on stream that No its not been retextured and is the same as release

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

this game is driving me crazy… I know it’s faff but it’s killing those with OCD etc so inconsistent.

will look forward to the preserved team to sort this in 2023

thank you for confirming this.

is it still coming tomorrow did they say? Haven’t had a chance to watch the stream yet.

• Like Like x 2
  28. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

They didn’t say but it seems unlikely, all Matt said was soon.

• Like Like x 1
  29. bakedpotatos.jm

No they said no date has been set for release but its not that far off so perhaps a couple of weeks away

30. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

amazing, so vague :D I guess it’s all being strung together at the last minute.

Am I going crazy (might create another poll for that)
    Or did they actually say in the last week it’ll be part of the update expected 5/10?

• Like Like x 2
  31. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m pretty sure they said the same, JD said earlier that the expected update for tomorrow may be delayed, but with BML slated for release on Thursday, surely that’s the latest we should expect it, unless DTG are planning on delaying BML too, but who knows, this is DTG and they like to play things to the last minute.

• Like Like x 2
  32. TinTin_57

They did say on a stream last week it would be tomorrow so something has changed since

• Like Like x 2
  33. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

yay thank you!!! Oh well, the post from JD earlier kind of hinted it might not happen now.. so guess it’s confirmed.

cheers all :cool:

34. bakedpotatos.jm

They said on todays stream that no date for release has been set but it should be fairly quick.

So a couple of weeks still.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Does not surprise me. At all.. :|

• Like Like x 1
  36. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It comes this week

• Like Like x 1
  37. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

It would be nice if they mentioned the 101, but they continue to ignore it. I and many others on here purchased the 101 for this route , but the lack of acknowledgement of the problem is really starting to grate and if they ignored it tonight on the stream that is way out of order . These things cost us money ! if there is a major problem, at least be honest . To completely ignore it and their customers is not on.

• Like Like x 1
  38. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Sorry, didn't ignore it, should have perhaps dug more into the layers, ICE etc.

So:

The "ICE-enabled" timetable is a copy of the *new* timetable, the only difference between the two timetables is the presence of the ICE layer, nothing else, so if you want your ICE, you don't have to sacrifice the updated services.

The ICE was taken out because it's *by far* the biggest memory hog in the game with 7 unique vehicles in one single train (and that gets worse if you have any reskins - 7 reskins per ICE!).

It's not that there's a lack of acknowledgement about issues caused by the 101 - it's more that having taken the ICE out, that should have had a lot more impact than removing the 101 would have ever done.

We are still working to profile and find out what the next best steps are, the ideal goal is to get the ICE back in and alongside the 101 and everything working well, and that's what we want to aim for - but stability is the first goal.

I'll update as we have more on this.

On the topic of passengers on the Friday Brighton stream... they weren't built in the build that I had, it would have taken a few hours to get a new build with that in and rather than running with yet another dev build I ran with the build that the early access youtubers etc were going to be getting - basically close to a shipping build, so you could see it fully, albeit without the passenger numbers. There simply wasn't a way to get them enabled for the stream and this is why I was clear about it - they weren't turned off for the stream because they run badly on my PC, I literally dont have any way to turn them on and off short of a data change and a rebuild. I'm aiming for them to be in for the next preview stream.

The BR 182 was removed due to incompatibility with the dosto's on Dresden - someone asks why not just use the ones it works with, the answer is that substitution is just changing the loco, it can't understand or swap out what works with what due to various issues or changes in the core implementations of each vehicle. It just says "this vehicle needs a min 4 axles, a min x horsepower, and can do a min x speed, must match these tags, and must be no longer than x meters long - who's up?" the only option was to disable the 182 from coming in for the time being in order to get everything running smoothly again.

Hope this helps explain some of the goings on.

Matt.

• Helpful Helpful x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  39. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Or take the ICE out until the ICE T DLC is coming.

40. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Matt! This does indeed clear up many things, and it’s good to hear that you’re looking into the BR 101 issues. Looking forward to the many things happening this week, including the roadmap, the update/patch and route release.

41. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Cheers Matt

42. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Pointless if players who are on the PS5 are missing the dresden route.
    hentis

• Like Like x 1
  43. TinTin_57

I’m also worried about not seeing London Commuter this Thursday on PS5. I really don’t want to remove and older routes

• Like Like x 1
  44. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

To be honest we shouldn't have to remove any route!

• Like Like x 4
  45. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Anyone else not see the New branch and timetable update on PS4?

46. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Same for me...the branch was released but is MIA by the looks...

47. tcmikaelsouza

Guys, good afternoon.

Update 1.48, 4.061 GB required has been available for a few minutes.

48. antwerpcentral

Yup! DTG delivers as promised.

49. kmg#2367

kmg#2367 Member

Can't quite grasp the two timetables.

So the one without ICE should hopefully stop the crashing as you arrive in Dresden?

The one with ICE would still have crashing issues due to amount of memory used?

50. tcmikaelsouza

Guys, good afternoon.

This new patch 1.48 brought two types of timetables to Dresden, one includes the BR406 (ICE), the other does not contain the ICE services, it turns out that I have already completed three journeys and the medals were not exported.